Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914907 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2022
markpenk:
Good morning. I have an 09 accord that's been stressing me out. It does the following:

1. Vibrates/shakes during acceleration --usually between 20&40kmph. Runs smoothly after the 40kmph mark. Please note: I've changed the cv axles for both driver and passenger sides and replaced engine mounts.

2. Struggles to start during the first try in the morning. Sometimes it doesn't particularly if I haven't driven it in 2 days. But it typically starts on the second try and starts smoothly afterwards throughout the day. Please note: I already changed the fuel pump 2x (second be time after buying bad fuel from an nnpc station)

3. Has significant vibration when I depress the brakes. Please note: I already replaced brake discs (both discs at the front) a while ago

4. Car feels like the tires are bouncing when I'm driving. All tires are gauged (225/65/16) to 35 psi. I've had vulcanizers look at the tires and they're in good condition --no uneven wear

Can you cartalk gurus pls help with the diagnosis? I'd really appreciate it.

Sadly you.might have to do everything you have done before again.

CV axle replace with brand new pair (complete)

Fuel pump replace assy (complete)

Rotors all 4 replace with brand new original

Struts check and replace defective pair with original

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 11:52am On Feb 28, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Is he to be trusted?

I am getting shocks and plugs from him....

Will I get value for money?

I have never seen him face to face before. We only talk on phone and chat. Till now he has never disappointed me on terms of quality and timeliness of delivery. Give it a shot bro

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by markpenk: 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
Oh wow... I appreciate this. Wish I was in lag, I'd have brought the car to your place. Thank you once again.

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2022
Burchester:
@GAZZUZZ

Please how do I diagnosed this codes
You are runing this engine below optimum temperature thereby the engine oil has turned to sludge and blocking vvt oil passage way .
Try to flush the sludge off the engine as much as possible also clean the vvt solenoid and filter .
connect the engine fan according spec and install the thermostat.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davessales039(m): 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
markpenk:
Good morning. I have an 09 accord that's been stressing me out. It does the following:

1. Vibrates/shakes during acceleration --usually between 20&40kmph. Runs smoothly after the 40kmph mark. Please note: I've changed the cv axles for both driver and passenger sides and replaced engine mounts.

2. Struggles to start during the first try in the morning. Sometimes it doesn't particularly if I haven't driven it in 2 days. But it typically starts on the second try and starts smoothly afterwards throughout the day. Please note: I already changed the fuel pump 2x (second be time after buying bad fuel from an nnpc station)

3. Has significant vibration when I depress the brakes. Please note: I already replaced brake discs (both discs at the front) a while ago

4. Car feels like the tires are bouncing when I'm driving. All tires are gauged (225/65/16) to 35 psi. I've had vulcanizers look at the tires and they're in good condition --no uneven wear

Brake calipers may be stiff; struts may be weak, or maybe faulty wheel hubs or bad suspension bushings, etc.
With respect to engine not starting, have you scanned? What are the fault codes?

I will advice you go to a decent workshop for thorough inspection and diagnosis. Some more history of the vehicle may be needed.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honda001: 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
Please,help am having issues with my honda accord dc during driving

If you applied throttle pedal either on drive or reverse, RPM pointer raised but car does not move. There are two plugs attached to the gear changer/sensor/brain box...car drives well when its is unplug but would not be able to changed gear.

Mechanic have replaced gear changer/ sensor/brain box yet same issues persists . The car was scanned and reported good transmission system.

Please, assist.as am really confused

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
Thank you everyone for your contributions towards this thread.

I have learned a lot.

The interior of my car gets hot when the engine is hot.

Moreso, the plastic cover around the gear lever area and the other sides.of the Plasti in front in the cabin gets so warm to the touch.

This happens after driving for a while...when the engine is hot.

is it normal?

I feel the heat from the engine is causing this....

Is there an insulator or something that should prevent this?

Kindly help please.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Reelz: 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Pls my sienna 2000 model slows down when I'm going uphill.. only picks up when I'm descending.. what could be the issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DancingSkeleton(m): 11:59pm On Feb 28, 2022
What's the best oil to use for Toyota RAV4 2018?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11am On Mar 01, 2022
DancingSkeleton:
What's the best oil to use for Toyota RAV4 2018?

Mobil1 0w20 or 5w20
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davessales039(m): 8:57am On Mar 01, 2022
Reelz:

Pls my sienna 2000 model slows down when I'm going uphill.. only picks up when I'm descending.. what could be the issue.

Gravity. cool

But seriously, not enough info to go on here.
Find a decent workshop and check-in.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Mobil1 0w20 or 5w20
Thanks chief
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please explain

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
markpenk:

I can only give you the solution for 1 but I need more info. After you replaced the cv axles, was the acceleration smooth then the vibration returned later or you didn't see any difference at all

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9japple(m): 10:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
please any good honda mechanic in phc? Needed for regular mtce and checks on Honda Accord EOD
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by owelle22(m): 7:32am On Mar 02, 2022
hupo:
Good morning All, The battery warning Sign keep appearing and disappearing on my dash ( 2008 lexus rx350), it’s been 3 days it all started. What could be the possible cause? Thank you all and do have a great week ahead.

Alternator no good again

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davessales039(m): 9:58am On Mar 02, 2022
MrAmaechi:
Please explain

I suspect vehicle has been "kazeemised".
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hupo: 10:28am On Mar 02, 2022
Thank you guys for your contributions. I got the attached component of my alternator replaced and voila the vehicle is up and running.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by markpenk: 11:10am On Mar 02, 2022
Yes it was initially smooth. The vibrations returned 2-3 weeks later

Itsrm:

I can only give you the solution for 1 but I need more info. After you replaced the cv axles, was the acceleration smooth then the vibration returned later or you didn't see any difference at all
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:16am On Mar 02, 2022
hupo:
Thank you guys for your contributions. I got the attached component of my alternator replaced and voila the vehicle is up and running.

Mileage of vehicle must be over 300k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2022
markpenk:
Yes it was initially smooth. The vibrations returned 2-3 weeks later

Good. Your problem is not the axles. If you like buy brand new OEM axles, the vibration will return.

It's either your intermediate shaft or from your transmission. The intermediate shaft sits between the passenger side axle and the transmission.

Try replacing it and see how it goes. Note that you will have to change the passenger side axle alongside the intermediate shaft. If that does not solve it, its from your transmission.

I have attached a picture of the IM shaft.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

what’s the highest mileage you have ever seen a Nigerian used car run in good condition?. I think those danfo buses would get to 600k/700k mileage with how they ply Lagos o
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by calculation(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Mr Gazzuzz, I need to know if your logistic and part supply unit is currently under you or assign to another person ? Reason was that account to pay money for transaction change to another, when the man in change was contacted sometime ago

pls clarify if this is valid
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
calculation:
Mr Gazzuzz, I need to know if your logistic and part supply unit is currently under you or assign to another person ? Reason was that account to pay money for transaction change to another, when the man in change was contacted sometime ago

pls clarify if this is valid

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aljpimp(m): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2022
My car engine oil keeps reducing and I have to top it up like every week.. I just recently replaced the oil seal between the engine and the gearbox but yet the oil keeps reducing.. I always see oil stain on the engine protector but don’t know where it comes from. Please what can I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Cloven22: 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
aljpimp:
My car engine oil keeps reducing and I have to top it up like every week.. I just recently replaced the oil seal between the engine and the gearbox but yet the oil keeps reducing.. I always see oil stain on the engine protector but don’t know where it comes from. Please what can I do?

You might want to get expert opinion on your engine problem. Check out Flickwheel for trusted mechanics around your area.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aljpimp(m): 9:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
Cloven22:

You might want to get expert opinion on your engine problem. Check out Flickwheel for trusted mechanics around your area.
Oh how do I do that?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by justifiedcoyy(m): 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good evening GAZZUZZ , my Honda Civic 02 has the D light blinking and sometimes gives a small "gbi" sound while driving. I scanned and got the following codes.

P0715 - input shaft (main shaft) speed censor failure

P0730 - Incorrect Gear ratio

kindly advise on how to solve this issue
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AwesomeGod10(m): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
Lol, on his dashboard it's a little above 90k. Do they roll back mileage or am I missing something? smiley

GAZZUZZ:

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
AwesomeGod10:
Lol, on his dashboard it's a little above 90k. Do they roll back mileage?

No o. They don’t. undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by markpenk: 4:33am On Mar 03, 2022
I also changed that in the past, plus the vibrations don't feel like they're coming from the passenger side. Feels more like the driver's side. But, thanks for the suggestion. It's given me something to consider too.

Itsrm:

Good. Your problem is not the axles. If you like buy brand new OEM axles, the vibration will return.

It's either your intermediate shaft or from your transmission. The intermediate shaft sits between the passenger side axle and the transmission.

Try replacing it and see how it goes. Note that you will have to change the passenger side axle alongside the intermediate shaft. If that does not solve it, its from your transmission.

I have attached a picture of the IM shaft.

All the best
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11am On Mar 03, 2022
justifiedcoyy:
Good evening GAZZUZZ , my Honda Civic 02 has the D light blinking and sometimes gives a small "gbi" sound while driving. I scanned and got the following codes.

P0715 - input shaft (main shaft) speed censor failure

P0730 - Incorrect Gear ratio

kindly advise on how to solve this issue

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.