Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913765 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by selfmadeOLX(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2022
Please I am needing this VTEC solenoid gasket for a K24 Z3 2009 Accord

This exact design. Edakun

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 4:46am On Apr 08, 2022
selfmadeOLX:
Please I am needing this VTEC solenoid gasket for a K24 Z3 2009 Accord

This exact design. Edakun
Have you checked Willoughby market, oyigbo?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HooxJnr(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2022
Please help. Honda Accord 2001 throws up the following code: P0780. thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Prymestrr(m): 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2022
Guys please I need your advise. My Camry 2005 is shorting oil rapidly. It doesn't smoke, no visible oil leakage in the engine bay. Just did oil change last Saturday and I've done about 150 miles since then and the oil is already below the guage. I use synthetic oil 5w-30.

Where else can the oil possibly be leaking from please.

Cc. Deportivo, Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2022
If you know obi-wali road, Rumuigbo in portharcourt...opposite redbull supermarket, there's a mechanic by name Paul.
He is very very good

Tomjazzy2:

Greetings sir.

Please do you have any trusted mechanic you'd recommend here in PH?

I need a very good hand for my corolla.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tomjazzy2: 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
Kanshi1:
If you know obi-wali road, Rumuigbo in portharcourt...opposite redbull supermarket, there's a mechanic by name Paul.
He is very very good

Okay. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2022
Prymestrr:
Guys please I need your advise. My Camry 2005 is shorting oil rapidly. It doesn't smoke, no visible oil leakage in the engine bay. Just did oil change last Saturday and I've done about 150 miles since then and the oil is already below the guage. I use synthetic oil 5w-30.

Kpele. Use thicker oil. Your engine is a notorious oil guzzler.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Prymestrr(m): 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2022
DukeNija:

Kpele. Use thicker oil. Your engine is a notorious oil guzzler.

What type of oil do you recommend please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
Prymestrr:

Cc. Deportivo, Gazzuzz

use heavier oil on shorter oil change intervals 20w50 (2000 miles)

Or

Rebuild engine .

Perish the 5w30 idea

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Prymestrr(m): 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

use heavier oil on shorter oil change intervals 20w50 (2000 miles)

Or

Rebuild engine .

Perish the 5w30 idea

What brand of 20w50 do you advise please.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
Prymestrr:

What type of oil do you recommend please?
GAZZUZZ has answered the question
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2022
Prymestrr:

What brand of 20w50 do you advise please.

Use Mobil xhp
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nwauwa(m): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2022
Pls where can I scan (and possibly repair) a 2012 Rav 4 at a good rate, at Sangotedo area of Lagos ? The “maintenance required” light has been coming up whenever we start the car for the past four days
Oil , filter and fuel pump was changed recently by a road side mechanic.
Cc GAZZUZZ , DukeNija
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:54am On Apr 09, 2022
nwauwa:
Pls where can I scan (and possibly repair) a 2012 Rav 4 at a good rate, at Sangotedo area of Lagos ? The “maintenance required” light has been coming up whenever we start the car for the past four days
Cc GAZZUZZ , DukeNija

Wait wait wait!!! Is it because of maintenance required light you changed these things?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nwauwa(m): 11:22am On Apr 09, 2022
kingreign:

Wait wait wait!!! Is it because of maintenance required light you changed these things?
It’s my mums car. She changed oil and filter as advised by her mechanic. As for fuel pump, she changed it because the car stopped on the road, she called her mechanic and he said it’s fuel pump and changed it and next day, maintenance required light has been blinking once she starts the car.

Do not be sarcastic because if I knew, I would not be here asking.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2022
nwauwa:

It’s my mums car. She changed oil and filter as advised by her mechanic. As for fuel pump, she changed it because the car stopped on the road, she called her mechanic and he said it’s fuel pump and changed it and next day, maintenance required light has been blinking once she starts the car.

Go on youtube and watch videos on how to reset the maintenance light.. It is easy to do.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2022
nwauwa:

Turn on the ignition to allow all the instrument panel lift come on, then locate the odometer toggle button and toggle it till Trip A, keep the button pressed down turn off the ignition and then turn on the ignition whilst still holding the odometer button. You should notice series of dashes (- - - - - -) on the odometer when it clears, the odometer should go to (0 0 0 0 0 ) then return the mileage display. This shows you’ve reset the maintenance required warning.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nwauwa(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2022
kingreign:

Turn on the ignition to allow all the instrument panel lift come on, then locate the odometer toggle button and toggle it till Trip A, keep the button pressed down turn off the ignition and then turn on the ignition whilst still holding the odometer button. You should notice series of dashes (- - - - - -) on the odometer when it clears, the odometer should go to (0 0 0 0 0 ) then return the mileage display. This shows you’ve reset the maintenance required warning.
I am not with her to do that. Are u saying the maintenance required is not a sign of any problem? That’s all I need to know.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
nwauwa:
Cc GAZZUZZ , DukeNija

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbkdAWrL28M

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nwauwa(m): 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2022
Prymestrr:

Cc. Deportivo, Gazzuzz
wots d name of synthetic oil u been using
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hello house, please i use an hyundai accent 2012, anytime i startup my car and shift to Drive mode the gear will automatically shift to 3 with a very slow movement, to climb bumps na issue, I’ll have to restart the engine most cases it works from gear one which is good. I changed my gear oil just yesterday.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
Godsown0:
Hello house, please i use an hyundai accent 2012, anytime i startup my car and shift to Drive mode the gear will automatically shift to 3 with a very slow movement, to climb bumps na issue, I’ll have to restart the engine most cases it works from gear one which is good. I changed my gear oil just yesterday.

Were these symptoms there before you changed the oil.?

Which oil you use? Snap the keg let's see.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 12:02am On Apr 10, 2022
frebor:

Were these symptoms there before you changed the oil.?

Which oil you use? Snap the keg let's see.
Yes
Atf Dextron
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 3:55am On Apr 10, 2022
its Not
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 5:11am On Apr 10, 2022
Godsown0:

Yes
Atf Dextron
Did your car manual stated that you should use atf dextron?
Maybe it's abro you used sef.
Check your car manual for the recommended ATF
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 5:33am On Apr 10, 2022
Godsown0:

Yes
Atf Dextron

You should have scanned the vehicle to ascertain what the issue was before changing the oil.

The old oil, if e never turn black, would have been better than this new oil you put. Hyundai recommends Sp-4, alternatively if you find original Dextron VI.
And na 7 litres you need, so bad oil wey no even Guage fit land you extra wàhálà.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 6:55am On Apr 10, 2022
frebor:

You should have scanned the vehicle to ascertain what the issue was before changing the oil.

The old oil, if e never turn black, would have been better than this new oil you put. Hyundai recommends Sp-4, alternatively if you find original Dextron VI.
And na 7 litres you need, so bad oil wey no even Guage fit land you extra wàhálà.
Changing the oil was not a bad idea cus i heard the old has never been changed before, i think i used 4 or 5lt, boss do i need to top it up or what do u suggest?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 6:58am On Apr 10, 2022
olumzzz:

Did your car manual stated that you should use atf dextron?
Maybe it's abro you used sef.
Check your car manual for the recommended ATF
I’ll, but it has been done already what do u suggest i do?. Btw the issue has been there before i changed the oil, I cleaned my seals while changing the oil. Most of the time i have to hold on to the break tight before shifting gear (if no jack sound heard) it will work from one, thats how i used it yesterday
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Prymestrr(m): 8:17am On Apr 10, 2022
melviniyke2002:
wots d name of synthetic oil u been using
Sea Gold

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:35am On Apr 10, 2022
Godsown0:

Replace transmission engine/transmission Ecu
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Replace transmission engine/transmission Ecu
Thanks for ur reply, pls how much could that cost before i go to the mechanic

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: tobiyclassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.