Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,120 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (918268 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by baaliyah(m): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

engine is running rich,you are having some combustion in the exhaust system grin car needs a scan. Come for a free scan if in lagos.

As per the bolded, it is an addiction.
Thanks boss, i wish i was in Lagos, but i am in Akure. I will do a scan. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makavele: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

engine is running rich,you are having some combustion in the exhaust system grin car needs a scan. Come for a free scan if in lagos.

As per the bolded, it is an addiction.
Who can supply ?

front Bumper and passenger fender . . .

07 camry i4

what is ur price... urgently needed.

thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ItGeek(m): 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
Dear Gazuuz,

I have a 2000 model Honda Accord SE. The car jerks once it get to 3000 RPM and does not go beyond it.

My mechanic have done all sorts, the issue still remains, what can be done ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12am On Jun 05, 2016
ItGeek:
Dear Gazuuz,

I have a 2000 model Honda Accord SE. The car jerks once it get to 3000 RPM and does not go beyond it.

this is easy, have the vehicle scanned.

Car is in limp mode.
Possible causes.

* vtech sensor
* camshaft sensor malfunction
* crank shaft sensor malfunction
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 9:39am On Jun 05, 2016
Morning Gazzuzz, pls assist with quote for 05 corolla engine mounts for the rear and 2 front ones. Which is best amongst toks and new?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04am On Jun 05, 2016
blackfm:
Morning Gazzuzz, pls assist with quote for 05 corolla engine mounts for the rear and 2 front ones. Which is best amongst toks and new?

08033910382 whatsapp
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ThuGnificenX: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

08033910382 whatsapp
Pls can u direct me to a credible workshop in Port Harcourt? Thanks...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by akanniade10(m): 12:26am On Jun 11, 2016
Was driving on about 100km/hr this evening and I heard a loud noise by my tyre. Ever since then I have been hearing a rubbing noise esp when i am on low speed. When I am on high speed, no noise. The noise sounds like an iron rubbing another iron, i really dunno how to describe this sound. It's annoying
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
ThuGnificenX:

Pls can u direct me to a credible workshop in Port Harcourt? Thanks...

call +234 803 312 3865 chucks.

He is expensive but good.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
akanniade10:
Was driving on about 100km/hr this evening and I heard a loud noise by my tyre. Ever since then I have been hearing a rubbing noise esp when i am on low speed. When I am on high speed, no noise. The noise sounds like an iron rubbing another iron, i really dunno how to describe this sound. It's annoying

more info is required.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
Please, where can I get recently manufactured reliable brand new tyres? Which brands should I stick to? I am biased towards Pirelli and Infinity because I have used them in the past.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ThuGnificenX: 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

call +234 803 312 3865 chucks.

He is expensive but good.
ok thanks alot
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
ItGeek:
Dear Gazuuz,

Did you recently wash the engine or drive through a fload?

If you did, just manage till it stops.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by akanniade10(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

more info is required.

Honestly I wish I can. Will find time and come to your workshop.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TRAY2(m): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ogar Gazzuzz baba, greetings to u sir, I hv been following ur threads for a while now and I am impressed, pls my corolla 06 has the following issues, the front wheels makes noise, the under is usually soaked with oil, the steering wheel is a bit stiff, radiator coolant usually shorts, slow to accelerate, jerks in d morning, vibrates when ac is on,jerks when its about to change gears though its Auto.but It still takes me to point A and B.wish to locate ur shop and have it scanned.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
TRAY2:
Ogar Gazzuzz baba, greetings to u sir, I hv been following ur threads for a while now and I am impressed, pls my corolla 06 has the following issues, the front wheels makes noise, the under is usually soaked with oil, the steering wheel is a bit stiff, radiator coolant usually shorts, slow to accelerate, jerks in d morning, vibrates when ac is on,jerks when its about to change gears though its Auto.but It still takes me to point A and B.wish to locate ur shop and have it scanned.

Signature: +2348033910382 BlackBerry PIN 2BE77AF2 vehicle repairs, consultancy scanning and diagnosis. WORKSHOP ADDRESS,NO 3 AWE STR OFF ALH HARUNA RD, HARUNA BUSTOP COLLEGE ROAD, IFAKO,LAGOS
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by niyi2u: 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
Kindly help me on this issue that is driving me crazy.
I drive a 2002 Honda Accord V.Tech Engine.
My right wheel tire wobbles when I speed up to about 40 or 60. When I take off my feet from the pedal it stops wobbling. A number of times my mech
told me to change both up and down bolts and the arm. Whenever I do that I only notice the changes for about 2weeks and it wil become obvious again.
Changed the hub, did wheel balancing and aligement but same thing still keep occurring.
A mech complained that my right back tire was bad and its the one causing the front right wheel tire to wobble . My Vulganizer checked it and said the tire is not in a bad state to cause the front right wheel to wobble. I changed that tire and replaced it with my extra tire after changing the bolts again. After about 2weeks I started feeling the right front wheel wobbling again. All this has been going on for about 4 months now back and forth.
I am extremely disturbed now. Someone should kindly assist me on what can be happening.
When I say wobble I mean making the tire to shake which makes the body of the car to shake and even feel it on the pedal and not make any strange sound. Its not when making a turn or when on slow movement but when it has attained that speed.
Pls I need advice on what to do.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2016
Gud morning my car was burgled over the night. the small window of the back seat;driver's side was broken while the 4 power window controls and ECU were stolen. Please assist with price quote for the stolen items and part number for the ecu.
2005 corolla Le auto tranny
VIN: 2T1BR32A95C410883

Thanks

Can the car be driven without ecu?
Cc gazzuzz, Siena, kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:32am On Jun 17, 2016
blackfm:
Gud morning my car was burgled over the night. the small window of the back seat;driver's side was broken while the 4 power window controls and ECU were stolen. Please assist with price quote for the stolen items and part number for the ecu.
2005 corolla Le auto tranny
VIN: 2T1BR32A95C410883

Thanks

Can the car be driven without ecu?
Cc gazzuzz, Siena, kingreign

Sorry about the sad occurence.
Your car cant be driven without an ECU.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gazuzz(m): 4:03am On Jun 29, 2016
niyi2u:
Kindly help me on this issue that is driving me crazy.
I drive a 2002 Honda Accord V.Tech Engine.
My right wheel tire wobbles when I speed up to about 40 or 60. When I take off my feet from the pedal it stops wobbling. A number of times my mech
told me to change both up and down bolts and the arm. Whenever I do that I only notice the changes for about 2weeks and it wil become obvious again.
Changed the hub, did wheel balancing and aligement but same thing still keep occurring.
A mech complained that my right back tire was bad and its the one causing the front right wheel tire to wobble . My Vulganizer checked it and said the tire is not in a bad state to cause the front right wheel to wobble. I changed that tire and replaced it with my extra tire after changing the bolts again. After about 2weeks I started feeling the right front wheel wobbling again. All this has been going on for about 4 months now back and forth.
I am extremely disturbed now. Someone should kindly assist me on what can be happening.
When I say wobble I mean making the tire to shake which makes the body of the car to shake and even feel it on the pedal and not make any strange sound. Its not when making a turn or when on slow movement but when it has attained that speed.
Pls I need advice on what to do.

it will require physical inspection.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by firstfuckson: 9:08am On Jun 29, 2016
Hi oga, gazzuzz what is the effect of driving a corolla 04 whitout sway bars and stabilizer linkages. I just noticed my car does not have them and I have been using it for over a year now. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
firstfuckson:
Hi oga, gazzuzz what is the effect of driving a corolla 04 whitout sway bars and stabilizer linkages. I just noticed my car does not have them and I have been using it for over a year now. Thanks

An anti-roll bar (anti-sway bar, sway bar, stabilizer bar) is a part of many automobile suspensions that helps reduce the body roll of a vehicle during fast cornering or over road irregularities. It connects opposite (left/right) wheels together through short lever arms linked by a torsion spring.

Source: google.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EdoBoy90(m): 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
maintenance Tips
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EdoBoy90(m): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
CARS 2
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blazetitov: 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oga Gazzuzz,

Please i need your assistance. My CEL came on and i scanned the CAR(Toyota Camry 2000 V6), it gave a code of P0440. I cleared it but it came back after a few weeks. I had to later change the what my kazeem called a 'NET' on my exhaust line after i got back into Lagos from Ondo state because the making making a loud noise from the exhaust. The CEL is still on thou and it comes back on after i clears it.

Also, there is always a knocking sound from underneath the car anytime i speed on a rough or bumpy road. Sounds as if a metal is be used to beat the floor of the car. This started after i change the rear shock absorbers. My Kazeem said it was the exhaust that was hitting the body of the vehicle. Please advise.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
blazetitov:
Oga Gazzuzz,

Please i need your assistance. My CEL came on and i scanned the CAR(Toyota Camry 2000 V6), it gave a code of P0440. I cleared it but it came back after a few weeks. I had to later change the what my kazeem called a 'NET' on my exhaust line after i got back into Lagos from Ondo state because the making making a loud noise from the exhaust. The CEL is still on thou and it comes back on after i clears it.

Also, there is always a knocking sound from underneath the car anytime i speed on a rough or bumpy road. Sounds as if a metal is be used to beat the floor of the car. This started after i change the rear shock absorbers. My Kazeem said it was the exhaust that was hitting the body of the vehicle. Please advise.

For p0440 start with your fuel tank cap. Hope the tank mouth isn't rusted?
Do you over fill your tank till it spill over?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blazetitov: 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
kingreign:

For p0440 start with your fuel tank cap. Hope the tank mouth isn't rusted?
Do you over fill your tank till it spill over?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My oga, i did sometimes ago during the fuel scarcity period. The tank mouth is not rusted. Hope i have not caused serious damage now?

Na wa oo. And i was feeling cool with myself, bragging about me having full tank up and down cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
[email][/email]
blazetitov:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My oga, i did sometimes ago during the fuel scarcity period. The tank mouth is not rusted. Hope i have not caused serious damage now?

Na wa oo. And i was feeling cool with myself, bragging about me having full tank up and down cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Have your fuel pump been changed before?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blazetitov: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
kingreign:
[email][/email]

Have your fuel pump been changed before?

Nope. But i don't think it has to do with the fuel pump thou. Maybe fuel cap or overfill check valve(don't pray so)

Just guessing thou. Wetin i know.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
blazetitov:

Nope. But i don't think it has to do with the fuel pump thou. Maybe fuel cap or overfill check valve(don't pray so)

Just guessing thou. Wetin i know.

it may have a connection. Anyway, contact prof Gazzuzz, he's the best bet.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blazetitov: 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
kingreign:

it may have a connection. Anyway, contact prof Gazzuzz, he's the best bet.

Thanks bro. I appreciate.

Oga Gazzuzz abeg your expert opinion is needed here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tojahh(m): 5:56am On Jul 12, 2016
I wan sell my car o.... Wahala too many gan!

I drove from Abj to Benin, the car suddenly stopped at Auchi, called a Kazeem he said 'the engine don nock" but another engine 5 days later and decided to return back to Abuja, got to Okene the car stop again, called a kazeem there and he said "oga na the engine wan nock so" u go need to change the engine.

My head don scata as I dey so... I no dey buy any yeye engine again, I wan sell the car if you're interested this is my whatsapp number. Car is Toyota Camry 1996 (Orobo) Auto, power doors/window, engine v6 and other spec. Car is in Okene.

pictures on WhatsApp

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.