Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914244 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arinzest: 6:20pm On May 10, 2016
Thanks. Am presently using Toyota WS. Will scan d car and get back to you sir.

scan vehicle, drain and refill with WS transmission oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kunlinha: 5:42pm On May 12, 2016
I'm interested in the Benz WhatsApp group. Here is my Nos 08065502933.
GAZZUZZ:

Mobil1 0W40

For more benz tips follow links bellow, and if you want to join the whatsapp group send me your number.

https://www.nairaland.com/520025/mercedes-benz-thread/98

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202-c-class/1401144-recommended-engine-oil-some.html

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kunlinha: 10:28pm On May 16, 2016
Can you please be of assistance? I am interested in joining the Benz whatsapp group.
18wheeler:

Thanks a lot sir. For wastapp, please add 08029114448.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 18wheeler: 6:26am On May 17, 2016
Kunlinha:
Can you please be of assistance? I am interested in joining the Benz whatsapp group.
Oh sorry, I'm not even in the group again. Go to the start of the thread, you'll see the contact of the admins of the watsapp group. You may then contact them.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by charlie44nike: 11:37pm On May 19, 2016
I drive a Volvo S80, year 1999. The car is over heating, i have not seen any leaks, so i don't know the reason. The fan does not really blow when it is supposed to, and the temperature gauge gets to middle in 10 minutes. Only the AC used to work the fan, but now even the AC does not blow the fan anymore, or the fan turns slowly.

What could be the cause of the overheating? The mechanics in Ladipo has asked me to wire the fan direct to the battery, but i have refused. Please let me know what to do.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 6:59am On May 20, 2016
Oga Gazzuz, pls I have P2237 code with a check engine light. A friend scanned d car with his Bluetooth scanner(Eml 327 with torque app). but he can't fix it.
2009 Toyota corolla.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:45am On May 20, 2016
mejai:
Oga Gazzuz, pls I have P2237 code with a check engine light. A friend scanned d car with his Bluetooth scanner(Eml 327 with torque app). but he can't fix it.
2009 Toyota corolla.

P2237 Oxygen Sensor Positive Current Control Circuit Open - Bank 1 Sensor 1

Repair Importance Level: 3/3

Repair Difficulty Level: 3/3
Possible causes

- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
Possible symptoms

- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

O2 sensor should be replaced to fix issue. If you require the sensor (toks or new) contact me whatsapp 08033910382
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:48am On May 20, 2016
charlie44nike:
I drive a Volvo S80, year 1999. The car is over heating , i have not seen any leaks, so i don't know the reason. The fan does not really blow when it is supposed to , and the temperature gauge gets to middle in 10 minutes. Only the AC used to work the fan, but now even the AC does not blow the fan anymore, or the fan turns slowly.

What could be the cause of the overheating? The mechanics in Ladipo has asked me to wire the fan direct to the battery, but i have refused. Please let me know what to do.

boss fix the fan and overheating will stop.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 8:43pm On May 20, 2016
kingreign:

Good morning,
I'm in Kubwa, but I am presently out of Abuja for an assignment. I will be back next week Tuesday.
Thanks.
Oga Mike, thank you oh. My cousin told me he brought the Toyota Yaris to your workshop for diagnoses to determine the root cause why the car overheated. He said your Diagnoste tools could only detect faulty ABS sensor. Thank you for also adjusting her brakes and restoring her speedometer.
Though the root cause of why the car overheated still remains a mystery but am cool with the advice you gave him/her.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by politician(m): 8:44pm On May 20, 2016
Hi Gazzuz...

Please help with this issue.

A 2000 sienna just stalled and all attempt to start proved abortive.

The kazeem said its ignition sensor.

The scan shows the following codes.

P1300 igniter circuit fault 1

P0340 camshaft positions sensor.

I need advice on how to go about it..

Regards
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:09pm On May 20, 2016
politician:
Hi Gazzuz...

Please help with this issue.

A 2000 sienna just stalled and all attempt to start proved abortive.

The kazeem said its ignition sensor.

The scan shows the following codes.

P1300 igniter circuit fault 1

P0340 camshaft positions sensor.

I need advice on how to go about it..

Regards

are you the one fixing it?

For an engine to start you will require.

1. A spark
2. Fuel supply
3. Compression.
4. All 3 above in the right sequence.

So what is missing?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by politician(m): 10:13pm On May 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

are you the one fixing it?

For an engine to start you will require.

1. A spark
2. Fuel supply
3. Compression.
4. All 3 above in the right sequence.

So what is missing?

Im not fixing it myself..

I just need general info to guide my kazeem..

I think the spark is absent, hence the code.

The car just roll but not starting.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:29pm On May 20, 2016
arduino:

Oga Mike, thank you oh. My cousin told me he brought the Toyota Yaris to your workshop for diagnoses to determine the root cause why the car overheated. He said your Diagnoste tools could only detect faulty ABS sensor. Thank you for also adjusting her brakes and restoring her speedometer.
Though the root cause of why the car overheated still remains a mystery but am cool with the advice you gave him/her.

my oga, goodevening sir,
i hail thee, thanks for your patronage and also the referrals.
I plugged in my diagnostics device into the car, it couldn't connect to ECU or read the ECU. It was only able to read the ABS, i used another device again, still same thing hence my inability to detect the issue. However, the brakes needed attention cos they had a squishy spongy feel hence my intervention. I have instructed him on what to do as regards the car.

Modified: that Toyota yaris is a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) specs yaris and doesn't use a traditional OBD2 protocol, rather it uses Toyota's proprietary M-OBD (Multiplex On Board Diagnostics)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:57am On May 21, 2016
politician:

Im not fixing it myself..

I just need general info to guide my kazeem..

I think the spark is absent, hence the code.

The car just roll but not starting.

timing belt might have snapped.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaycodes: 12:32am On May 22, 2016
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=45820467]

Hello Sir,

I helped a friend scan her Lexus RX300 and got the below codes.

Any Idea what could be done to fix these codes.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:03am On May 22, 2016
3 codes.

1. Misfire on cylinder4. Check all spark plugs and inspect coils for leaks. Replace where necessary.

2. Coolant code. There is no thermostat in vehicle and fan is running steady with ignition.

3. Speed sensor A. Check vehicle speed sensor if faulty replace.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kunlinha: 5:04pm On May 23, 2016
I'm interested in joining the Benz WhatsApp group and your assistance will be hugely appreciated.
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 3:05pm On May 24, 2016
kingreign:

my oga, goodevening sir,
i hail thee, thanks for your patronage and also the referrals.
I plugged in my diagnostics device into the car, it couldn't connect to ECU or read the ECU. It was only able to read the ABS, i used another device again, still same thing hence my inability to detect the issue. However, the brakes needed attention cos they had a squishy spongy feel hence my intervention. I have instructed him on what to do as regards the car.

Modified: that Toyota yaris is a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) specs yaris and doesn't use a traditional OBD2 protocol, rather it uses Toyota's proprietary M-OBD (Multiplex On Board Diagnostics)

Na wa oo... Which one is M-OBD again? This Japanese Manufacturers no go kill person.
Do you know anyone or mechanic within your axis that have the said diagnostic tool?
I really want the Car to be scanned though she said there has not been any issues since then.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:54pm On May 24, 2016
arduino:

Na wa oo... Which one is M-OBD again? This Japanese Manufacturers no go kill person.
Do you know anyone or mechanic within your axis that have the said diagnostic tool?
I really want the Car to be scanned though she said there has not been any issues since then.

let her come within weekend, i will try using a delphi ds150e. If it doesnt communicate, there is nothing i else can do for i've used two obd ii and an e-obd devices yet none worked.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 11:15pm On May 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

[/color]

[color=#990000]O2 sensor should be replaced to fix issue. If you require the sensor (toks or new) contact me whatsapp 08033910382
tanx bro.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmaak2(m): 3:42am On May 25, 2016
[quote author=kaycodes post=45849152][/quote]

PLEASE CAN THIS WORK ON CAMRY 2001 MODEL?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:32am On May 28, 2016
makavele:

Morning sir;

pls advise for:

1.P0031
2. P0116
3. P0793

'07 Camry i4

Thanks

P0031 o2 sensor b1s1

P0116 engine coolant temp circuit

P0793 intermediate shaft speed sensor A
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 1:55pm On May 28, 2016
kingreign:

let her come within weekend, i will try using a delphi ds150e. If it doesnt communicate, there is nothing i else can do for i've used two obd ii and an e-obd devices yet none worked.
use techstream. It will work
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makavele: 2:38pm On May 28, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

P0031 o2 sensor b1s1

P0116 engine coolant temp circuit

P0793 intermediate shaft speed sensor A

do u hav these parts available at ur shop?
I need them at once, sir!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by igehkc(m): 7:23am On May 31, 2016
Goodmorning GAZZUZZ.
My 2010 Camry engine makes a rattling sound for a few seconds when I start it in the morning. After that 2-3 second rattle, the engine sounds normal.
Please what could be the cause and what can be done?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31am On May 31, 2016
makavele:

do u hav these parts available at ur shop?
I need them at once, sir!!!

boss whatsapp me 08033910382 I left my lifesaving car charger in your vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makavele: 8:39am On May 31, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Ahhh, really . . ?
Lemme go and check for it . . will give you a call now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2016
igehkc:
Goodmorning GAZZUZZ.
My 2010 Camry engine makes a rattling sound for a few seconds when I start it in the morning. After that 2-3 second rattle, the engine sounds normal.

Sounds like a variable valve timing (vvt) actuator problem i.e intake camshaft.

We had that problem with my friends 08 Accord (vtc actuator). I heard the rattle on another friend's 03 Matrix. That problem is fairly common these days.

Its the copper coloured chain sprocket of the blue camshaft below.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makavele: 11:20am On May 31, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

i have seen and replied 2 ur whtsapp
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by igehkc(m): 11:29am On May 31, 2016
adanny01:

We had that problem with my friends 08 Accord (vtc actuator). I heard the rattle on another friend's 03 Matrix. That problem is fairly common these days.

Thanks alot. What would be the solution to this problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by igehkc(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2016
Thanks alot. Please what can be done about this noise and is there anyway to prevent recurrence when fixed?
adanny01:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2016
igehkc:
Goodmorning GAZZUZZ.

there's a TSB for that problem, contact me on whatsapp I'll send you a copy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Ohiomoba5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.