Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913668 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 7:03am On Sep 29, 2022
Plz, help me to choose between big daddy camry 04/05 . 05/06 and Honda civic 2007. As a first car owner. I need your review about the two care.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inikamoze(m): 8:49am On Sep 29, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Replace nuts, do wheel balancing and alignment

Thank you very much. God Bless
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 0Cisa(m): 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
Please help me My Camry 2011 jerks when changing gear. Mechanic said it's to change transmission fluid

1. Is he correct
2. Whats the best brand of transmission oil to use.
3. Please what's the best engine oil for Camry 2011
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ty207: 4:05am On Oct 01, 2022
Hello sir
Pls! I have a problem with my Elantra 08, it vibrate at 30/40 when accelerating have change 2 shaft within 3weeks same problem so definitely the problem is not shaft cos alignment pple will always tell the problem is from shaft cup,no engine light or code from the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2022
Goodevening everyone!

Oga Gazzuzz, please i want to know the cost for a new OEM steering rack for toyota camry 2010/2011

And also the tokumbo OEM steering rack for toyota camry 2010/2011

Please i need ur urgent reply
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chae: 5:04am On Oct 02, 2022
Gazuz, my civic 08 consume fuel, av scanned it everytin was OK, we've check if there's a leakage notin of such happen, can abs also affect the consumption of d fuel? because it was only abs light that was ON every other tin is intact, I scanned it with different scanner, no any single code, Pls help o
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisatah94: 7:39am On Oct 02, 2022
Good morning @all

Please I got a toks Honda Civic 09 barely 2months... Being a newbie & since it's a personal ride for just everyday simple runs like to & fro for work, shopping when needs be etc..I planned to be using the recommended engine oil (which I tried to know earlier but didn't get info). So my friend recommended I bought mobil 20w-50. But I just confirmed the recommended oil for the civic is 5w-20. My question now is
1. Will it be wise to flush out the old and put in new 5w (giving the popular opinion that one should ensure to continue using same type of oil you started with to prevent quick damage of your engine)

2. The car has a ridiculously low ground clearance and it hits the ground frequently when I navigate around undulating terrain. Even the bottom left of the front bumper is showing crack already due to the impact of hitting the ground. Please will you recommend I go to lift the car or probably change to bigger tyres/rims?

3. Since day one of buying the car, it shows this spanner sign on the dashboard and doesn't show anything on that milage display area. (Meanwhile know immediately we bought it we change all the necessary oil and transmission fluid). Please is that something I should worry about, what are the implications...also how do I get that fixed

4. I'm in Abuja please...if you recommend I visit a car fixing shop... Please if possible kindly recommend me someone that is good with Honda

Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2022
chrisatah94:
Good morning @all

Please I got a toks Honda Civic 09 barely 2months... Being a newbie & since it's a personal ride for just everyday simple runs like to & fro for work, shopping when needs be etc..I planned to be using the recommended engine oil (which I tried to know earlier but didn't get info). So my friend recommended I bought mobil 20w-50. But I just confirmed the recommended oil for the civic is 5w-20. My question now is
1. Will it be wise to flush out the old and put in new 5w (giving the popular opinion that one should ensure to continue using same type of oil you started with to prevent quick damage of your engine)

2. The car has a ridiculously low ground clearance and it hits the ground frequently when I navigate around undulating terrain. Even the bottom left of the front bumper is showing crack already due to the impact of hitting the ground. Please will you recommend I go to lift the car or probably change to bigger tyres/rims?

3. Since day one of buying the car, it shows this spanner sign on the dashboard and doesn't show anything on that milage display area. (Meanwhile know immediately we bought it we change all the necessary oil and transmission fluid). Please is that something I should worry about, what are the implications...also how do I get that fixed

4. I'm in Abuja please...if you recommend I visit a car fixing shop... Please if possible kindly recommend me someone that is good with Honda

Thanks in anticipation of your response
Search for mikereign on Nairaland.
His contact is in his signature.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Okoyedavid3(f): 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2022
Ty207:
Hello sir
Pls! I have a problem with my Elantra 08, it vibrate at 30/40 when accelerating have change 2 shaft within 3weeks same problem so definitely the problem is not shaft cos alignment pple will always tell the problem is from shaft cup,no engine light or code from the car.

Try this.. Wheel balancing and alignment.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2022
Oga Gazzuzz please i need an answer to this request of mine

Kanshi1:
Goodevening everyone!

Oga Gazzuzz, please i want to know the cost for a new OEM steering rack for toyota camry 2010/2011

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
Kanshi1:
Goodevening everyone!

There is no new OEM steering rack for that model of vehicle in the Nigerian market. You can find aftermarket.

I am not up to date with prices
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
Ty207:
Hello sir

Show what you have changed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by poshemmanuel(m): 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 11:21pm On Oct 02, 2022
Oga Gazzuzz i'll call you on the phone for the original aftermarket steering rack

GAZZUZZ:

There is no new OEM steering rack for that model of vehicle in the Nigerian market. You can find aftermarket.

I am not up to date with prices
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:45am On Oct 03, 2022
poshemmanuel:
please guys Toyota Camry or Toyota Corolla, which will you advise
someone to buy from abroad?

Currently none.

There are good deals you can get locally and cheaper than importing.

Buy in Nigeria . The choice of Corolla or Camry is the use to which it will be put

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by poshemmanuel(m): 3:27am On Oct 03, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:44am On Oct 03, 2022
poshemmanuel:

Two cars will be imported from abroad, one will be use for taxi and car drop while the other will be use for errands (driving to village sometimes, driving to other states sometimes, driving to market to get food stuffs etc), student use and personal use. Very Very important things to consider for these two cars are fuel-efficient, cheap and easy to maintain, good on Nigeria roads and available cheap parts. I am really confused, please what's your advice? I don't trust Nigeria car dealers, I think is better to buy from abroad. which car will you advise to buy from abroad that fits the above use I mentioned that the car will be use for? very urgent too. Thank you.

You should learn how to do vehicle history reports and inspection.

It is currently cheaper and more cost effective to walk to a car stand and buy a car in Nigeria .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 8:18am On Oct 03, 2022
poshemmanuel:

Two cars will be imported from abroad, one will be use for taxi and car drop while the other will be use for errands (driving to village sometimes, driving to other states sometimes, driving to market to get food stuffs etc), student use and personal use. Very Very important things to consider for these two cars are fuel-efficient, cheap and easy to maintain, good on Nigeria roads and available cheap parts. I am really confused, please what's your advice? I don't trust Nigeria car dealers, I think is better to buy from abroad. which car will you advise to buy from abroad that fits the above use I mentioned that the car will be use for? very urgent too. Thank you.

Listen to him, it's not worth it importing a regular Camry or Corolla. You will spend more than you would have spent buying here. The vehicle may be vandalised either before it is shipped or when it arrives here throwing you into unplanned/unforseen expenses. The whole purpose of buying from there may even be defeated because you can still end up with a lemon.

If it were a scarce vehicle like the Audis/Infinitis/BMWs I will understand but Camrys and Corollas are all around you. You will always get a good one.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by poshemmanuel(m): 8:32am On Oct 03, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2022
Oga Gazzuzz.

Car is 2010 Venza.

I have ABS, brake light and traction light ON.

Scan says sensor on rear left is bad.

How much is the brand new sensor? Do you sell?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joungblood(m): 8:51am On Oct 03, 2022
Please which engine oil is the best for lexus RX350 2010? Is Duluxe 5w30 ok?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 9:20am On Oct 03, 2022
poshemmanuel:

Those three vehicles you mentioned Audis, Infinitis and BMW I don't think they meet my expectations which I have already mentioned above before

I'm not saying you should buy an Audi. I'm saying the only time importing a vehicle makes more sense than buying here is when the vehicle is scarce and chances of getting a good one is low.

This is not the case with Corollas and Camrys

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2022
joungblood:
Please which engine oil is the best for lexus RX350 2010? Is Duluxe 5w30 ok?

Use Mobil 1
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rollout40(m): 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hi Gazzuzz,
My mum's 2007 corolla has been serviced by her mechanic with 20w-50 for over 5 years. Recently the low oil pressure light came on. He said he has cleaned the oil filter under the engine, changed the oil light switch, cleaned the engine of sludge and tried about three different oil pumps (1 brand new and 2 tokunbo) yet the light has refused to go off. What's your advice please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
rollout40:
Hi Gazzuzz,
My mum's 2007 corolla has been serviced by her mechanic with 20w-50 for over 5 years. Recently the low oil pressure light came on. He said he has cleaned the oil filter under the engine, changed the oil light switch, cleaned the engine of sludge and tried about three different oil pumps (1 brand new and 2 tokunbo) yet the light has refused to go off. What's your advice please?

Replace the engine with a sludge free one.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Lol.. Just like that

Mama won't be happy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rollout40(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Just like that? Nawaoo. Abeg price range, let me start planning.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
Chae:
Gazuz, my civic 08 consume fuel, av scanned it everytin was OK, we've check if there's a leakage notin of such happen, can abs also affect the consumption of d fuel? because it was only abs light that was ON every other tin is intact, I scanned it with different scanner, no any single code, Pls help o

If you are in Gbagada area , I can help you do a fuel trim analysis under various drive conditions. I use to own that version of Honda civic (mine was 2008) and I know from experience that once the fuel trim is out of whack (even with no check engine light) it can consume fuel like a v6 car, which is really weird.

The 8th gen honda civic comply with the ULEV (ULTRA LOW EMISSION VEHICLE) regulation for modern motor vehicle emission control, unlike corolla and other japanese car of it era, what this mean it that it fuel management system emphases more on getting closer to complete combustion than incompete with more pollution.

Hence the ECU will choose any of the extreme fuel trims from the fuel management table if it suspect or get wrong signal from any of the sensors even without check engine code.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
rollout40:

Just like that? Nawaoo. Abeg price range, let me start planning.

₦400-450 should sort it out
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abumeinben(m): 9:29am On Oct 05, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chae: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2022
I later change d plug and 1 coil buh have not test it cha, I wil get back as soon as I test it thankx, can u drop your num I may call u
Kokomo:

If you are in Gbagada area , I can help you do a fuel trim analysis under various drive conditions. I use to own that version of Honda civic (mine was 2008) and I know from experience that once the fuel trim is out of whack (even with no check engine light) it can consume fuel like a v6 car, which is really weird.

The 8th gen honda civic comply with the ULEV (ULTRA LOW EMISSION VEHICLE) regulation for modern motor vehicle emission control, unlike corolla and other japanese car of it era, what this mean it that it fuel management system emphases more on getting closer to complete combustion than incompete with more pollution.

Hence the ECU will choose any of the extreme fuel trims from the fuel management table if it suspect or get wrong signal from any of the sensors even without check engine code.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ManAdii: 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2022
Please what's the cost of quality repainting of 2008 honda accord?

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: G007(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.