Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914672 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

It is a very common problem in rusted hubs .

Go back to each wheel the abs sensor is not (mating) sitting properly, sort it out and it will read the pulsar plate.

If you cannot, find my number

Thanks gazzuzz, we finally sorted this. Thoroughly Cleaned the teeth's of the wheels and made some adjustments. Steering is back in good condition and abs lights gone off.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by andteachallnati: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2022
Greetings guys. Need your counsel from experience.
I was advised to get a Honda Civic 2008 instead of my preferred Toyota Corolla 2005-2007.

I was told the Honda Civic 2008 is as durable as the Corolla, has parts as strong and has similar or same fuel efficiency plus great second hand value.

At this point, the funds available will obviously favour getting the Honda considering the unreasonable Corolla prices this period.

Kindly help with you valuable advice please.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sammily(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2022
Good day house, The key to my corolla (US) have worn out that now it will not turn both the doorlock and ignition key. I have resulted to be using the spare key now but I will like to cut a backup spare. Can I get a competent locksmith in Lagos that can cut a new blank but still using the old case/chip since I have it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 19, 2022
Good morning gentlemen

For the processing of your doctor's report on tinted permit, I'm your sure plug.

>>> CLICK HERE TO CHAT ON WHATSAPP <<<

or call. . . . 0 8 1 3 4 8 0 3 4 4 9

Processed swiftly without delay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2022
andteachallnati:
Greetings guys. Need your counsel from experience.
I was advised to get a Honda Civic 2008 instead of my preferred Toyota Corolla 2005-2007.

I was told the Honda Civic 2008 is as durable as the Corolla, has parts as strong and has similar or same fuel efficiency plus great second hand value.

At this point, the funds available will obviously favour getting the Honda considering the unreasonable Corolla prices this period.

Kindly help with you valuable advice please.

Why not save up more fund to get the Corolla since that is what you really desire? An extra month of saving want hurt u, cause your mind will always want what you initially wanted if you settle for something else

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2022
Greetings guys. Need your counsel on what to do about my car horn.

Pressing it is very hard. I thought it was the fuse and checked, still the same thing.

Car is 2003 Toyota matrix, first car.

Kindly assist with your valuable insight please
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by michytluv: 9:43am On Oct 21, 2022
Good morning all, please where can I do a good wheel balancing in Lagos ?? Please i stay in Ikorodu axis
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 11:04am On Oct 21, 2022
MFME7:

Pressing it is very hard. I thought it was the fuse and checked, still the same thing.

Test the horn itself and if it is working, check the wiring as well, if no open in the circuit or bad connection, then the last culprit would be the clock-spring

watch this video, so you can guide your technician during replacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8JHcxEW2E
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21am On Oct 21, 2022
MFME7:

Pressing it is very hard . I thought it was the fuse and checked, still the same thing.

Explain the highlighted in detail
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:22am On Oct 21, 2022
Kokomo:

Test the horn itself and if it is working, check the wiring as well, if no open in the circuit or bad connection, then the last culprit would be the clock-spring

watch this video, so you can guide your technician during replacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8JHcxEW2E

Why are you running ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Why are you running ?
grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Explain the highlighted in detail

If I want to press it, I basically have to remove one hand from the steering to press it well.

Doesn't work if I press it at the sides.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
MFME7:

If I want to press it, I basically have to remove one hand from the steering to press it well.

Doesn't work if I press it at the sides.

Very simple.

The contact points under the steering are not aligned properly.

It's a quick fix requires basic knowledge of an open and closed switch.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gonkin(m): 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
Ive been using water as coolant in my engine for years but dont like the rust building up. When i decide to use coolant its picks up all the gunk and clogs up my rad. I really wanna use coolant but cant.

So is there a way i could place a net to filter the large gunk i could clean off weekly? I dont use mechanics. I never do. So i monitor, maintain and mend everything myself.

Tore down my engine 3 weeks back and cuz water was mixing with lub oil and no sign of oil in the radiator.
Suspected the gasket but gasket was fine. Till i traced the problem to a damn freeze plug.

When i took the engine apart i wasnt too happy with the rust i say. I wanna end it.

NOTE i used coolant earlier cuz the previous owner was using water. It clogged up my radiator within a week luckily i took it out and did a back flush..

So is it ok to use the net filter till all the crap clears out of do i keep using water till it f@cks up my block?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gonkin(m): 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
The freeze plug that led to me taking the engine apart

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gonkin(m): 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2022
Also..... Can i get this size of bumper

Or
295/70/17
Or
295/75/16 tyres.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Very simple.

The contact points under the steering are not aligned properly.

It's a quick fix requires basic knowledge of an open and closed switch.

Okay... Thank you boss.

Is it something I can do, as I like doing DIY for things not too complicated?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
Oga Gazzuzz, my car is shorting oil. I top oil every 2-3 days. I use currently use Mobil 2000 semi synthetic 5w30. My question is, what's your opinion about switching to 5w40?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
Peppermintflav:
Oga Gazzuzz, my car is shorting oil. I top oil every 2-3 days. I use currently use Mobil 2000 semi synthetic 5w30. My question is, what's your opinion about switching to 5w40?

Vehicle has a model name and engine type?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Ensure that ground from alternator to battery negative is sufficient.

If that is fine replace alternator
Thanks for the selfless response as always. I replaced the alternator and its fine now. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joungblood(m): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
I have a lexus rx350 2010 engine for sale, location is sango ota obasanjo Farm, call or whatsapp me on 07065318954 if interested
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Vehicle has a model name and engine type?
Camry 2000 model
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LandoKingz: 5:16am On Oct 25, 2022
Hi Senior Prof in the house I need your advice on what to do, I recently changed my car engine 2ZZ GE for matrix XRS because of a mechanic error dat damaged the first engine.

Now on the older engine the knock sensor has a plug with 2holes the new engine came with a knock sensor that has 1hole so the connection did not match the mechanic that replaced the engine says I can use it like dat but on scanning the car it showing me that knock sensor how can I go about it.

The older sensor can't fit in the place of the new sensor but engine is same.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sankabson(m): 6:22am On Oct 25, 2022
Gurus in the house, I have a 03 Camry shorting oil. The engine sounds and run well.

There’s no spot where the oil is leaking.. What could likely be the cause of this ?..

Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2022
Sankabson:
Gurus in the house, I have a 03 Camry shorting oil. The engine sounds and run well.

There’s no spot where the oil is leaking.. What could likely be the cause of this ?..

Thanks in advance
Wahala for 2az
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hopsydboss: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2022
Please I have a code P0420 Catalytic converter code on a Toyota matrix 2005.

Someone with advice on the option/cost of fixing this, please?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
hopsydboss:
Please I have a code P0420 Catalytic converter code on a Toyota matrix 2005.

Someone with advice on the option/cost of fixing this, please?
otilo go and buy tokunbo catalyst if u know the original one sha
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 2:56am On Oct 26, 2022
My camry 05 battery runs down so fast. Turn off the engine for like say 5 minutes with maybe a door open, it won't start again. Who I bought the car from said the battery was purchased recently. I have serviced the kick, yet same issue. The alternator charges the battery well. I am just tired.
What could be the cause and remedy please?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 3:38am On Oct 26, 2022
LandoKingz:
Hi Senior Prof in the house I need your advice on what to do, I recently changed my car engine 2ZZ GE for matrix XRS because of a mechanic error dat damaged the first engine.

Now on the older engine the knock sensor has a plug with 2holes the new engine came with a knock sensor that has 1hole so the connection did not match the mechanic that replaced the engine says I can use it like dat but on scanning the car it showing me that knock sensor how can I go about it.

The older sensor can't fit in the place of the new sensor but engine is same.

You bought a wrong engine. So simple.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 4:24am On Oct 26, 2022
Good morning everyone.

Special thanks to those who provide help here.

Presently, my exhaust was worked on and a day after I got P0401 error code. The car is Honda Accord 2007.

The error code points at EGR.

1. Can I travel with this and fix it when I return? How serious is this?

2. What are the things to check before replacing the component?

Please kindly respond. Thank you.

Cc: GAZZUZZ
Kingreign

Others.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LandoKingz: 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
Not a wrong engine the engine is same may be the accessories in manufacturing year differ.
seanfer:

You bought a wrong engine. So simple.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
Sankabson:

Thanks in advance
If no blue smoke, check the Pcv valve if OK,

Then live with it , just keep an extra one liter of oil in your boot, it is a 2az toyota engine after all wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Ohiomoba5 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.