Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919352 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aboyaji(m): 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hello house.

Is this idea really worth it?

This is my first time trying to own an SUV. Now, my interest is going towards 2010 Volvo XC90. I know there are other options like highlander and Lexus 2005-2008, Venza, or Honda CR-V 2008-2011.

But I'm not the type of person that follow trends or has bandwagon effect. I must not buy because some people are buying. But reality must come to play about maintenance, resell value and other factors.

What I like about the Volvo products are their sturdy outlook and build, security, the quality of the interior and exterior and their off-road purpose. And from research, their parts don't get spoilt easily like the other japanese cars.

Like I earlier stated, it's my first time trying to own an SUV. I'm not a money bag. Just an average young Man financially.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:52am On Oct 11, 2022
okwypascal:
Good evening guys, please my Toyota sienna battery drained out because I left the door a little bit open
Can the battery revive itself overnight or I need to call a battery charger

Thanks for your response sirs

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Jumpstart the vehicle
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:56am On Oct 11, 2022
WycliffeSMB:
Good day House.

The HORN of my 2001 Honda Odyssey suddenly stopped working two days ago.

I checked the Horn fuse and Relay in the fusebox located in the Engine compartment and both components are not faulty.

Pls, is there anything else I can do on my own to resolve this issue?

N/B: This has happened before in the past... At intervals.
Sometimes it stops, and starts working Again on it's own without any fix.
But this time seems longer as it's over two days now.

Street name horn control

Under the steering

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2022
aboyaji:
Hello house.

This is my first time trying to own an SUV. Now, my interest is going towards 2010 Volvo XC90. I know there are other options like highlander and Lexus 2005-2008, Venza, or Honda CR-V 2008-2011.

But I'm not the type of person that follow trends or has bandwagon effect. I must not buy because some people are buying. But reality must come to play about maintenance, resell value and other factors.

What I like about the Volvo products are their sturdy outlook and build, security, the quality of the interior and exterior and their off-road purpose. And from research, their parts don't get spoilt easily like the other japanese cars.

Like I earlier stated, it's my first time trying to own an SUV. I'm not a money bag. Just an average young Man financially.

Whosoever told you these or wherever you heard this is totally false! Fallacy!

I’ve owned a Lexus for 6.5 years and NOT one thing failed till I sold the car off, owned a highlander for 4 years nothing failed till I sold her off, owned an Infiniti QX4 for 1 year and not a thing broke till I sold her off. I used all of these cars daily and on frequent travels. I don’t know where you got those rumors but they’re all fallacies.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Street name horn control

Under the steering

Okay Sir...thanks.

So this is likely the Culprit?

Any idea of the cost?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aboyaji(m): 8:15am On Oct 11, 2022
kingreign:

Whosoever told you these or wherever you heard this is totally false! Fallacy!

I’ve owned a Lexus for 6.5 years and NOT one thing failed till I sold the car off, owned a highlander for 4 years nothing failed till I sold her off, owned an Infiniti QX4 for 1 year and not a thing broke till I sold her off. I used all of these cars daily and on frequent travels. I don’t know where you got those rumors but they’re all fallacies.

Ok. Kingreign. Thanks again.

But what do you have to say about that vehicle? Please consider the fact that I'm yet to own my first SUV and do you think it's wise starting off with the Volvo XC90 model?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 9:09am On Oct 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

What is the highlighted
thyroid � loun loun
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Street name horn control

Under the steering

Sir, Do I have to CHANGE this entire component for the horn to start working or is it fixable?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

Okay Sir...thanks.

So this is likely the Culprit?

Any idea of the cost?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

Sir, Do I have to CHANGE this entire component for the horn to start working or is it fixable?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
aboyaji:

Ok. Kingreign. Thanks again.

But what do you have to say about that vehicle? Please consider the fact that I'm yet to own my first SUV and do you think it's wise starting off with the Volvo XC90 model?

XC90 is a good suv. Get the 3.2 variant. It has decent power.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aboyaji(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
kingreign:

XC90 is a good suv. Get the 3.2 variant. It has decent power.
Thanks a lot
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 5:38am On Oct 12, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

Pls I need Answers....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Ensure that ground from alternator to battery negative is sufficient.

If that is fine replace alternator
Thanks for the response, will visit them within the week. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by valarinz: 8:33am On Oct 12, 2022
aboyaji:
Hello house.

Get that car and I assure you, there won't be a single regret about it. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by deepsparse: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2022
I have a problem with my MDX I hope the gurus can help. Whenever I’m driving at low speeds somewhere between 20 - 40 km per hour, there is is sound I hear like kran kran kran cheesy. Sounds like the vibration of a loose bolt or one metal making contact with another. The thing is when I am above this speed (cruising speed), the sound goes away, but the moment I slow down back to that speed range, the sound comes back. Also, below 20 kmph, I don’t hear the sound.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nickyosas(m): 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2022
Good afternoon.
Honda CRV 2008 recently started having this problem: The AC works fine while driving, but once it comes to idle or at at a traffic stop light, the car suddenly shudders with a drop in the rpm and in some instances dies. I start it back on, and it work again till the next stop sign and it happens all over again. I have scanned and there no codes. i would really appreciate your comments.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by monshow25(m): 10:25am On Oct 13, 2022
nickyosas:
Good afternoon.
Honda CRV 2008 recently started having this problem: The AC works fine while driving, but once it comes to idle or at at a traffic stop light, the car suddenly shudders with a drop in the rpm and in some instances dies. I start it back on, and it work again till the next stop sign and it happens all over again. I have scanned and there no codes. i would really appreciate your comments.
low refrigerant from the A/C system can cause and mostly the compressor control valve might be faulty so you might need to change your compressor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ArticleBeast: 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
I have an issue with my 2002 honda accord. Yesterday, I scanned the car since it was misfiring and got the following codes po300, po301, po302, po303, po304 plus po1399. Took it to the mechanic and the spark plugs were changed, fuel nozzles cleaned, EGR was cleaned. Cleared the codes.

Today, it started misfiring with the po1399 code and o2 sensor code only showing. Please what can I do to resolve this issue.

Luvinhubby, Gazzuzz, Kingreign and other car experts. Please help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
nickyosas:
Good afternoon.

Do you experience the same problem when the AC is off?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nickyosas(m): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2022
No

Kokomo:

Do you experience the same problem when the AC is off?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nickyosas(m): 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
ok. Thanks for the input.
so far though, i cleaned out the throttle body and the MAF sensor and it has somewhat brought sanity....the rpm since yesterday doesn't drop past 800, 700min.

Still unsure if i would need to change the compressor though...i have never changed it.

monshow25:
low refrigerant from the A/C system can cause and mostly the compressor control valve might be faulty so you might need to change your compressor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

Pls I need Answers....
It can be fixed.
Most times, it's caused by a broken flex wire.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
deepsparse:
I have a problem with my MDX I hope the gurus can help. Whenever I’m driving at low speeds somewhere between 20 - 40 km per hour, there is is sound I hear like kran kran kran cheesy. Sounds like the vibration of a loose bolt or one metal making contact with another. The thing is when I am above this speed (cruising speed), the sound goes away, but the moment I slow down back to that speed range, the sound comes back. Also, below 20 kmph, I don’t hear the sound.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Check your exhaust heat shield.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2022
nickyosas:
ok. Thanks for the input.
so far though, i cleaned out the throttle body and the MAF sensor and it has somewhat brought sanity....the rpm since yesterday doesn't drop past 800, 700min.

Still unsure if i would need to change the compressor though...i have never changed it.

Enjoy your car and observe if fault is still there.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

It’s safer and better to replace that item. Any wrong fix and should there be a breach in the continuity, you’d either fry some electrical components or deploy airbag.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
Recently i discovered my camry 08 v6 shudders briefly when accelerating or climbing a hill within the speed range or 60 to 80 km/hr.

The shudder feels like mild grinding sensation that comes on and off only when accelerating within theaforementioned speed range.. it rarely occurs when driving at constant speed.

I thought it might be my inner cups so i had them both replaced but the issue still persisted.

Also did alignment but the problem still remained.

My tyres are brand new so i can rule that out..

Later i felt it might be linked to the transmission so i did a drain and refill (twice) with Toyota WS atf. The transmission fluid was still quite pink though.. as this isn't my first time. The problem didn't really go away but i think it may have reduced a bit (might just be my mind playing tricks on me).

Please what do you suggest i do... i have run out of ideas.

Cc Gazzuz, kingreign and other Chiefs in the house

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dbshaywhy(m): 6:15am On Oct 15, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

total quarts 5000. Or any good 20W50 brand is your friend.

Thanks for your input bro... I see that total 5000(20W50)....#10,500

i see Mobil 2000(5W30) 12k and Climax Sae 5W-30 12k as inscripted on the engine cover.... Which amongs should I go for to serve me best with my engine running fine?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by deepsparse: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2022
Alright. I’ll check it thanks.
9icetoo:

Check your exhaust heat shield.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rollout40(m): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2022
Sorry to draw you back bro. I intend getting a new engine this coming week, I can now use 5w30 in it?

GAZZUZZ:

Replace the engine with a sludge free one.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DrWhizy(m): 6:45am On Oct 16, 2022
Hello Bosses In the house, I scanned an 08 Honda Civic and these codes came up; kindly advise please

P0400. EGR system leak detected
P0404. EGR valve circuit range/performance problem
P0455. EVAP system very large leak detected
P0353. No 3 cylinder ignition coil circuit malfunction
P0457. EVAP system leak detected/fuel full cap loose or missing
P0497. Evaporative emission (EVAP) system low purge flow detected

It seems like EGR and EVAP are the main culprits

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by uctomide(m): 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
Good evening all,
Please I scanned my car yesterday and the following error codes was discovered
Kia Cerato 2009

P0012.. Camshaft position (CMP), intake/left/front, bank 1: timing over-retarded
P0501... vehicle Speed sensor(VSS), range/performance problem

Please do advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: ATPx and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.