Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913377 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
biko help me

my car brakes makes a sound like you squeezing bottle water plastic.. one ke Ke ke sound... it's usually louder when maybe i entered water or after driving for a while from cold start..
matrix 07..

I've changed brake pads and all.. I've had a mechanic check it thrice..
no avail

brake it's self is sharp everything is normal.. just that sound... most time i have to play music to distract me from the sound... who can help please
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 5:01am On Oct 11, 2023
remi4ever:

There are ways to bench test oxygen sensors before installation. If you've been testing with bad or incompatible sensors, you don't expect the code to go.

How did your friend find for leaks? - Spraying Carb cleaner on the hoses and he used a smoker too, we also did physical inspection. we [b]DIY ourself.[/b]

How did you check the sensors before replacing them? - You know how difficult it is to get an O2 sensor that fits,so we were just trying all the sensors he had, since he is the only person that has the sensor in that APO mechanic. i am beginning to think that is the issue sef.
About benchtesting it, I saw some resources online on how to test it with a multi-meter.

Are you in Abuja??
No I'm not
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 5:05am On Oct 11, 2023
olaboyeh:
biko help me

my car brakes makes a sound like you squeezing bottle water plastic.. one ke Ke ke sound... it's usually louder when maybe i entered water or after driving for a while from cold start..
matrix 07..

I've changed brake pads and all.. I've had a mechanic check it thrice..
no avail

brake it's self is sharp everything is normal.. just that sound... most time i have to play music to distract me from the sound... who can help please
If in Lagos, call 07089030689 for assistance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by remi4ever(m): 5:18am On Oct 11, 2023
vivalavida:

@kingreign

Thanks Man, @kingreign please if you are in Abuja, I can bring the car In. Of course, it wouldn't be free.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:46am On Oct 11, 2023
remi4ever:

Thanks Man, @kingreign please if you are in Abuja, I can bring the car In. Of course, it wouldn't be free.

Chat Me via whatsapp 07034581213
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dahflemzy(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2023
Good morning.
Abeg can a Kia Rio 09 manual tranny go from Lagos to Abuja safely without getting issues or overheating
It uses water in its radiator.
The highest trip I've gone Is Lagos to Osun State
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2023
dahflemzy:
Good morning.
Abeg can a Kia Rio 09 manual tranny go from Lagos to Abuja safely without getting issues or overheating
It uses water in its radiator.
The highest trip I've gone Is Lagos to Osun State

As long as there's no issues with the car, it can travel from Lagos to Maiduguri

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dahflemzy(m): 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
kingreign:

As long as there's no issues with the car, it can travel from Lagos to Maiduguri

Thank boss

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 9:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
changing the cylinder and the camshaft, I received the check engine error code P0605, which indicates an Internal Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error. Since then, whenever I accelerate my car, the throttle stops working. I have to switch the car off and on again for it to return to normal. And the car RPM do fluentuate at idle too and the rewire and the mechanic seems not to know what to do about it

The car is kia optima 2013 gdi turbo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by remi4ever(m): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2023
jceesquare:
No I'm not

Update, issue has been resolved. Thanks to @kingreign for linking me up with his sensor seller, the first sensor didn't work threw a p1157 code And then I went back to try another and that worked.. Thanks @jceesquare for your time.

These Electrical guys almost made me buy a new ECU.

God bless you all.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 11:55am On Oct 14, 2023
remi4ever:

Update, issue has been resolved. Thanks to @kingreign for linking me up with his sensor seller, the first sensor didn't work threw a p1157 code And then I went back to try another and that worked.. Thanks @jceesquare for your time.

God bless you all.

Check your pm bro
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:55am On Oct 15, 2023
remi4ever:

God bless you all.
I'm not sure I will ever understand why they're always quick to condemn ECU's.
Good to know you have your car fixed.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by remi4ever(m): 8:17am On Oct 15, 2023
jceesquare:
I'm not sure I will ever understand why they're always quick to condemn ECU's.
Good to know you have your car fixed.

Me too, I mean, one particular guy even scanned and immediately said the ECU is damaged. I just nodded and drove off.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by NattyO: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2023
Hello Mr Gazzuz..

2009 Toyota corolla
Been using water in my rad..want to flush and change to coolant..I really need help on the following so I do mess up my car;

1. OEM Coolant ( what type/brand) and cost
2. Quantity
3. Any guide on procedure for change

Tnks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by REDshouse(m): 10:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
Help Help Help

My Corolla 09

Car driving gud though Abs and brake light on, have been driving like that for months with no issue until I decided to change hub bearing and shaft which were all making noise, after changes I test run the car and all went fine until the next day,

I drove from Gbagada to Ikorodu all went smooth and on coming back to Gbagada I observe car transmission shifting at gear 3 and 4, I managed to drive it to base at Gbagada.

Called my mechanic, we scanned the car and it brings out ... Code P0751, shift Solenoid A performance/stuck off, called in a gear master and he said I have to service the valve body and possibly check all the solenoids.

After gear master servicing, installing bigger switch and change of oil to original ATF WS ... We tested the car and still doing same thing. Scanned the car again but all transmission code gone only left with ABS code C0215 and C0221.

Please I need solution to this problem of my Car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:00am On Oct 17, 2023
REDshouse:
Help Help Help

My Corolla 09

Car driving gud though Abs and brake light on, have been driving like that for months with no issue until I decided to change hub bearing and shaft which were all making noise, after changes I test run the car and all went fine until the next day,

I drove from Gbagada to Ikorodu all went smooth and on coming back to Gbagada I observe car transmission shifting at gear 3 and 4, I managed to drive it to base at Gbagada.

Called my mechanic, we scanned the car and it brings out ... Code P0751, shift Solenoid A performance/stuck off, called in a gear master and he said I have to service the valve body and possibly check all the solenoids.

After gear master servicing, installing bigger switch and change of oil to original ATF WS ... We tested the car and still doing same thing. Scanned the car again but all transmission code gone only left with ABS code C0215 and C0221.

https://www.nairaland.com/7687769/first-service#123268225

Keep driving and hope the contamination clears or replace transmission

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kinzey1: 3:29am On Oct 17, 2023
REDshouse:
Help Help Help

My Corolla 09

Mechanic killing gears in the name of changing shaft. Gazzuzz has said it all
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Doris4ever(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2023
Good day everyone, please I need a car for rental to be use for (uber and bolt) to deliver weekly.

I’m ready to start work immediately.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos

I’m very sincere and very careful in my endeavors.

I will handle your car with utmost care and you will have good return on your investment.

I am ready to pay weekly as agreed without any stories.

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.

I live in a gated compound, car security is guaranteed.

My location is Lagos

WhatsApp/call - 07025326910
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:14am On Oct 18, 2023
Doris4ever:
Good day everyone, please I need a car for rental to be use for (uber and bolt) to deliver weekly.

I’m ready to start work immediately.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos

I’m very sincere and very careful in my endeavors.

I will handle your car with utmost care and you will have good return on your investment.

I am ready to pay weekly as agreed without any stories.

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.

I live in a gated compound, car security is guaranteed.

My location is Lagos

WhatsApp/call - 07025326910

Dear everyone, do not invest in Hire purchase or rental agreements.

You will not break even

Your vehicle will be run down

Driver will move to the next available vehicle.

This mode of business was not designed for 3rd parties to make a profit.

The only party to gain is the driver.

13 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Doris4ever(m): 10:42am On Oct 18, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Dear everyone, do not invest in Hire purchase or rental agreements.

You will not break even

Your vehicle will be run down

Driver will move to the next available vehicle.

This mode of business was not designed for 3rd parties to make a profit.

The only party to gain is the driver.

But there are lots of partners that have vehicles on HP and rentals. Some even have more than a car or fleet. Don't you think your opinion is not the reality on ground.

Are you saying all the cars on the road doing uber/bolt/indriver/Rida are all been driven by owners. No more rental or HP car on the road?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by soxyfem: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2023
Good evening great minds,
Pls I drive a 2005 lexus es330, I recently changed the water pump and since then I observed that
1.There is a water flowing sound (like water running through holes from the dashboard) that the car makes whenever I start the car, very strange sounds o.
2. Each time I brake at a bump or speed breaker, it sluggishly picks up and jacks as well before driving smoothly.
Kindly advise me on what to do pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fbtowner(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hi guys. Please I need some assistance. My 08 Accord kind of want to swerve off road if I brake @120km or above, if I try to slow down with brake it forcefully turn my steering making the car moving like it wants to leave the road. So if I’m @120 speed or above I will have to release the throttle then when the speeds drops to 100 I will then apply brake very slowly

I experienced this the very first time I traveled interstate with the car. And that was the only time I have traveled interstate with the car since I bought it

The only notable things I did to the car when I bought it are
1, change driver side shaft
2, change both ball joint
3, change tire from 225/50 R17 to 225/55 R17 for front and 235/55 R17 for back
4, raised the car with one black rubber

The mechanic said he will use one black rubber that will be added to the shock absorbers to raise it a little , after raising with that rubber a friend warned me that I won’t be able to travel with it because that rubber always have a bad effect when you are on high speed but he said I won’t notice anything if I’m driving around town. Now I don’t know if it’s the rubber or something else

The way it swerve is really scary especially when I am beside a trailer and I want to quickly slow down to let it go
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:05am On Oct 19, 2023
soxyfem:
Good evening great minds,
Pls I drive a 2005 lexus es330, I recently changed the water pump and since then I observed that
1.There is a water flowing sound (like water running through holes from the dashboard) that the car makes whenever I start the car, very strange sounds o.
2. Each time I brake at a bump or speed breaker, it sluggishly picks up and jacks as well before driving smoothly.
Kindly advise me on what to do pls.
Properly bleed the cooling system and scan transmission for codes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GreekDon: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2023
fbtowner:
Hi guys. Please I need some assistance. My 08 Accord kind of want to swerve off road if I brake @120km or above, if I try to slow down with brake it forcefully turn my steering making the car moving like it wants to leave the road. So if I’m @120 speed or above I will have to release the throttle then when the speeds drops to 100 I will then apply brake very slowly

I experienced this the very first time I traveled interstate with the car. And that was the only time I have traveled interstate with the car since I bought it

The only notable things I did to the car when I bought it are
1, change driver side shaft
2, change both ball joint
3, change tire from 225/50 R17 to 225/55 R17 for front and 235/55 R17 for back
4, raised the car with one black rubber

The mechanic said he will use one black rubber that will be added to the shock absorbers to raise it a little , after raising with that rubber a friend warned me that I won’t be able to travel with it because that rubber always have a bad effect when you are on high speed but he said I won’t notice anything if I’m driving around town. Now I don’t know if it’s the rubber or something else

The way it swerve is really scary especially when I am beside a trailer and I want to quickly slow down to let it go

Let the experts weigh in on this.
But my suspicion will be on Nos 3 & 4 highlighted above. You have significantly altered the driving dynamics of the car. It's good to maintain same tire size all round.
And you should NEVER raise the car. Get an SUV if your terrain is so bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fbtowner(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2023
GreekDon:

Let the experts weigh in on this.
But my suspicion will be on Nos 3 & 4 highlighted above. You have significantly altered the driving dynamics of the car. It's good to maintain same tire size all round.
And you should NEVER raise the car. Get an SUV if your terrain is so bad.

Concerning No 3. It was not my directive to use such, I went to an old friend who is a tire dealer and it was his idea to do it like that.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AshipaEk0: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by soxyfem: 7:28am On Oct 20, 2023
quote author=jceesquare post=126488977] Properly bleed the cooling system and scan transmission for codes[/quote]

Thanks for your response,
Pls can you recommend a reliable mechanic who could help in this regard, I'm in Lagos. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 9:57am On Oct 20, 2023
soxyfem:
quote author=jceesquare post=126488977] Properly bleed the cooling system and scan transmission for codes

Thanks for your response,
Pls can you recommend a reliable mechanic who could help in this regard, I'm in Lagos. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by masciv: 10:21am On Oct 20, 2023
Hello guys, any idea on genuity of Masuma parts being sold in Nigeria?

I have changed my brake discs to tokunbo and then to a brand new one but I'm still getting steering judder when braking on highway speeds (100-140KMh).

I'm thinking on buying an 'oem' or at least legitimate quality as I've changed almost everything (discs, pads, calipers, tierod ends, ball joints, control arm and stabilizer bar bushings, wheel bearings, shaft, tokunbo tires, shock absorbers, even rotated tires) on my front end except the hub itself but I keep, getting the ridiculous vibrations when I dare brake.

Or is there anything I should be looking at? What's the possibility of a tokunbo and brand new brake discs being out of round?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kinzey1: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2023
masciv:
Hello guys, any idea on genuity of Masuma parts being sold in Nigeria?

I have changed my brake discs to tokunbo and then to a brand new one but I'm still getting steering judder when braking on highway speeds (100-140KMh).

I'm thinking on buying an 'oem' or at least legitimate quality as I've changed almost everything (discs, pads, calipers, tierod ends, ball joints, control arm and stabilizer bar bushings, wheel bearings, shaft, tokunbo tires, shock absorbers, even rotated tires) on my front end except the hub itself but I keep, getting the ridiculous vibrations when I dare brake.

Or is there anything I should be looking at? What's the possibility of a tokunbo and brand new brake discs being out of round?

Nawa o
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Meister(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2023
Please a very good car repair place that focuses on Ford vehicles is needed in Lagos, preferably in the island.
Who can point me towards the right direction please

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.