Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (918452 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Thefarmer3: 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2023
Meister:
Please a very good car repair place that focuses on Ford vehicles is needed in Lagos, preferably in the island.
Who can point me towards the right direction please

Drop your contact for FemtopFord on this thread, he can help out

https://www.nairaland.com/2547308/ford-cars-quite-explicit/29#2547308.928
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2023
masciv:
Hello guys, any idea on genuity of Masuma parts being sold in Nigeria?

I have changed my brake discs to tokunbo and then to a brand new one but I'm still getting steering judder when braking on highway speeds (100-140KMh).

I'm thinking on buying an 'oem' or at least legitimate quality as I've changed almost everything (discs, pads, calipers, tierod ends, ball joints, control arm and stabilizer bar bushings, wheel bearings, shaft, tokunbo tires, shock absorbers, even rotated tires) on my front end except the hub itself but I keep, getting the ridiculous vibrations when I dare brake.

Or is there anything I should be looking at? What's the possibility of a tokunbo and brand new brake discs being out of round?
What car is that?
Your complain shouldn't be difficult to diagnose and fix
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by masciv: 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2023
jceesquare:

What car is that?

Toyota Camry 2010 SE.

For some reason, my mechanic is clueless as to the cause now.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 6:11am On Oct 21, 2023
masciv:

Toyota Camry 2010 SE.

Try wheel alignment and balancing if you have not done so.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:10am On Oct 21, 2023
masciv:

Toyota Camry 2010 SE.

If in Lagos, kindly call 07089030689 for further assistance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by veekid(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2023
Good morning great minds, my 05 Corola sport misfires and went off when idle, changed fuel pumps several times until I diagnose and found the ignita code 1,2,3 faulty. Mechanic said I should get three new coils but I decided to buy the 4. Inserted the 4 but the problem persist, change the plugs too. Now the code flying now are P1300, P1305 and P 1315 igniter. I don't know what to do again.

I stopped trying when the rewire guy said he will need another ECU to test run this that the fault is coming from the ECU. Told him to leave it yesterday; I'll seek help. Thanks in advance!

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dozieson(m): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2023
veekid:
Good morning great minds, my 05 Corola sport misfires and went off when idle, changed fuel pumps several times until I diagnose and found the ignita code 1,2,3 faulty. Mechanic said I should get three new coils but I decided to buy the 4. Inserted the 4 but the problem persist, change the plugs too. Now the code flying now are P1300, P1305 and P 1315 igniter. I don't know what to do again.

I stopped trying when the rewire guy said he will need another ECU to test run this that the fault is coming from the ECU. Told him to leave it yesterday; I'll seek help. Thanks in advance!

This fault should be carefully diagnosed. Did you do any repairs before these issues?
The wiring should be checked for damaged coil wire.
interchange all coils to see if the codes remain the same
or earthing issue. See video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRof0dGrsro
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by veekid(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2023
Dozieson:

This fault should be carefully diagnosed. Did you do any repairs before these issues?
The wiring should be checked for damaged coil wire.
interchange all coils to see if the codes remain the same
or earthing issue. See video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRof0dGrsro
thanks bro
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olatunjysky: 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
Please is there any engineer here who understand Nissan Murano 2005 very well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by masciv: 12:39am On Oct 24, 2023
jceesquare:

What car is that?

This case is now beyond the mechanic I've met.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by masciv: 12:41am On Oct 24, 2023
Grupo:

Try wheel alignment and balancing if you have not done so.

I've done no less than 10 times each for both actions mentioned since the time I got the car.

Most times, the problem just slightly reduces or remains the same.

It's become rocket science to the mechanics that have handled the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:51am On Oct 24, 2023
masciv:

I've done no less than 10 times each for both actions mentioned since the time I got the car.

Most times, the problem just slightly reduces or remains the same.

It's become rocket science to the mechanics that have handled the car.

Check hub/ wheel bearing, inner and outer tie rod ends.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2023
masciv:

This case is now beyond the mechanic I've met.
Because you've been meeting the wrong set of mechanics.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 3:30am On Oct 25, 2023
Help. I did not charge my oil since August.noticed it was shorting oil,so I topped with 5w30,5w40,20w50.then I finally serviced the engine with new oil yesterday. Used engine flush and drained the old oil which was charcoal black. Poured the new oil and new filter 5w40. Now it smokes gradually at idle. All spark plugs are good and not wet. What's the solution. Engine compression still strong.should I add resurrs additive
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 5:24am On Oct 25, 2023
Angrigowt:
Help. I did not charge my oil since August.noticed it was shorting oil,so I topped with 5w30,5w40,20w50.then I finally serviced the engine with new oil yesterday. Used engine flush and drained the old oil which was charcoal black. Poured the new oil and new filter 5w40. Now it smokes gradually at idle. All spark plugs are good and not wet. What's the solution. Engine compression still strong.should I add resurrs additive
Did you run a compression test to get to this conclusion?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 5:49am On Oct 25, 2023
No but rpm on idle is 1200,with ac 1000rpm. When the top cylinder was removed,i could see like sandlike sludge by the sides but top cylinder is goldish colour..could it be from bad oil. The useless engine flush didnot dislodge anything. I felt like using pressure hose to force out all the slidges by rhe edges ofthe cylinder wall.
jceesquare:

Did you run a compression test to get to this conclusion?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 11:23pm On Oct 25, 2023
Angrigowt:
No but rpm on idle is 1200,with ac 1000rpm. When the top cylinder was removed,i could see like sandlike sludge by the sides but top cylinder is goldish colour..could it be from bad oil. The useless engine flush didnot dislodge anything. I felt like using pressure hose to force out all the slidges by rhe edges ofthe cylinder wall.
The chicken has finally come home to roost. cheesy Weldone Angrygoat the Amasco/Abro oil ambassador cheesy. How I wish all those you convinced to use palm oil in their cars and transmission can see this.

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:06am On Oct 26, 2023
Kingdemu:
The chicken has finally come home to roost. cheesy Weldone Angrygoat the Amasco/Abro oil ambassador cheesy. How I wish all those you convinced to use palm oil in their cars and transmission can see this.

😭🤣🤣😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:07am On Oct 26, 2023
Angrigowt:

Sell the car, use the money buy engine practice how to maintain car engine.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Angrigowt:

Sell the car to iron condem or partakers, use the money you got to buy another exact engine like is in the car, start to practice engine maintenance with just that engine you buy.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 7:30am On Oct 26, 2023
Ode .u got no life outside nairaland .
kingreign:

Sell the car to iron condem or partakers, use the money you got to buy another exact engine like is in the car, start to practice engine maintenance with just that engine you buy.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 7:31am On Oct 26, 2023
Go suck on a dic k u bonafie kazeem...
kingreign:

Sell the car, use the money buy engine practice how to maintain car engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:29am On Oct 26, 2023
Angrigowt:
Ode .u got no life outside nairaland .
you wish.
Angrigowt:
Go suck on a dic k u bonafie kazeem...
You just gave a confirmation that you're a gay.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2023
Ode
kingreign:
you wish.

You just gave a confirmation that you're a gay.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:31am On Oct 26, 2023
Angrigowt:
Ode

So ODE na wetin the name wey dem born you with?
I no know o.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2023
Hello Sirs,

I noticed my car has been shortening oil, I changed the PCV its still shorting oil but not as much as before.

Please what can i do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:42am On Oct 27, 2023
temi4fash:
Hello Sirs,

I noticed my car has been shortening oil, I changed the PCV its still shorting oil but not as much as before.

Please what can i do?

It's normal with MAN Diesel truck.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Scorpionexhaust: 11:32am On Oct 27, 2023
Unleash the Power: Discover the Best Scorpion Exhaust Dealers Near You

If you're a car enthusiast or someone who takes pride in their vehicle's performance, then you understand the importance of having a high-quality exhaust system. And when it comes to top-notch exhaust systems, Scorpion Exhaust is a name that stands out. With their commitment to engineering excellence and delivering exceptional performance, Scorpion Exhaust has gained a reputation as one of the best in the industry.

But how do you find the best Scorpion Exhaust dealers near you? Whether you're in search of a specific Scorpion Exhaust product or looking for professional installation services, this blog post will guide you in your quest to unleash the power of your vehicle.

One of the easiest ways to find Scorpion Exhaust dealers near you is by utilizing their official website. Simply visit their website and navigate to the "Dealers" or "Find a Dealer" section. Here, you can enter your location details and search for authorized Scorpion Exhaust dealers in your area. This convenient online tool ensures that you find reputable dealers who can provide you with genuine Scorpion Exhaust products and expert advice.

Another excellent resource for finding the best Scorpion Exhaust dealers near you is online automotive forums and enthusiast communities. These platforms are filled with like-minded individuals who share their experiences and recommendations. By posting a query or browsing through the existing threads, you can tap into a wealth of knowledge and get valuable insights about local dealerships that specialize in Scorpion Exhaust systems.

In addition to online resources, it's also worth reaching out to local car clubs or performance shops. These establishments often have strong connections within the automotive industry and can point you in the right direction. Whether it's through personal recommendations or their own inventory, car clubs and performance shops can help you discover the best Scorpion Exhaust dealers near you.
Furthermore, don't underestimate the power of social media platforms. Many Scorpion Exhaust dealers maintain an active presence on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. By following their pages or joining relevant groups, you can stay updated on the latest product releases, promotions, and events. Additionally, you can interact with other customers and get firsthand feedback about their experiences with local Scorpion Exhaust dealers.

When selecting a Scorpion Exhaust dealer near you, it's essential to consider a few key factors. Firstly, ensure that the dealer is an authorized and reputable seller of Scorpion Exhaust products. This ensures that you're getting genuine products and the support of the manufacturer's warranty. Secondly, look for dealers who employ knowledgeable staff that can guide you in selecting the right Scorpion Exhaust system for your vehicle. Lastly, consider dealerships that offer professional installation services to ensure that your new exhaust system is fitted correctly for optimal performance.

In conclusion, if you're looking to unleash the power of your vehicle with a top-quality exhaust system, finding the best Scorpion Exhaust dealers near you is crucial. Utilize online resources such as the Scorpion Exhaust website, automotive forums, and social media platforms to discover authorized dealers in your area. Additionally, don't hesitate to reach out to local car clubs and performance shops for recommendations. By considering factors such as reputation, expertise, and installation services, you can make an informed decision and embark on your journey to enhance your vehicle's performance with Scorpion Exhaust.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sagaciousd1: 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2023
My 2008 honda accord (v4) jacks violently when my car changes gears. It does this also when about driving after few hours of parking.

I have changed engine seats, fuel pump and it's still the same. Though, the car moves well after the jack.

I also scanned (see attached) but still dunno what to do

What could be wrong ..kindly advise

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kinzey1: 10:26am On Oct 28, 2023
Sagaciousd1:
My 2008 honda accord (v4) jacks violently when my car changes gears. It does this also when about driving after few hours of parking.

I have changed engine seats, fuel pump and it's still the same. Though, the car moves well after the jack.

I also scanned (see attached) but still dunno what to do

What could be wrong ..kindly advise

These codes are more of MaF and oxygen sensor. Not responsible for jerk but high fuel consumption.

Check your CV joint/inner cup. This maybe the culprit. Be careful when replacing it in other not to contaminate your gear. Buy a new joint if the old one is faulty
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2023
temi4fash:
Hello Sirs,

Please what can i do?
Run a compression test (wet and dry) to know if it's the rings of valve stem seals.
Or in the absence of a compression tester, hold a steady RPM at 2,500 to see if it smokes or not.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dozieson(m): 11:37am On Oct 28, 2023
temi4fash:
Hello Sirs,

Please what can i do?

which car?

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.