Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915656 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2018
delec002:

PLEASE YOU ARE NOT CAUSING ANY CONFUSION PLEASE, JUST ADVISE ME LIKELY THINGS TO CHANGE AS I DONT LIKE THEM PUTTING HAND IN THE ENGINE OFTEN, PLEASE BE OF HELP

Drop the capital letters.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by delec002(m): 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Drop the capital letters.

Oga Gazzuzz

Still on the Scan result, you are not causing any confusion please, just need to know likely things to check out for as i dont often like the engine to be touch please and will take ur advise or changing to Mobil 1 henceforth

Kindly advice likely thing to check out for.

"P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire
P0301 - Random/Multiple Cylinder 1 Misfire
P0303 - Random/Multiple Cylinder 3 Misfire
P0171 - System too lean Bank 1
P0037 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 sensor 2"
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by snowflakes504: 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello Mr Gazzuzz,
I have a fuel consumption issue with my 1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 car. I've changed Air flow meter, changed brain box twice ( first was due to the car not starting, no shock and more.. Second was due to excessive black smoke coming out from the exhaust pipe) I changed the engine completely after the first brainbox experience and engine knock issues. Bought a tokunbo Japan Engine last year. After changing the engine and getting the second brainbox, the black smoke experience was gone, exhaust looks clean and dry, yet the consumption is crazy. A 13ltrs 2,000 naira fuel can only run for 40km in my car. There's no Check Engine Indicator ON on my dashboard. Please what else can I do? What can be the cause? How can I fix this issue of consumption? What needs to be changed/fixed?. I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
delec002:

Oga Gazzuzz

Still on the Scan result, you are not causing any confusion please, just need to know likely things to check out for as dont often like the engine to be touch please and will take ur advise or changing to Mobil 1 henceforth

spark plugs
Fuel ingectors
Coil packs
Fuel pump
Intake gasket
Intake vacuum lines
Head gasket
O2 sensors
Airflow meter
Engine Ecu
Engine harness
Catalytic converter/s

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
snowflakes504:
Hello Mr Gazzuzz,
I have a fuel consumption issue with my 1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 car. I've changed Air flow meter, changed brain box twice ( first was due to the car not starting, no shock and more.. Second was due to excessive black smoke coming out from the exhaust pipe) I changed the engine completely after the first brainbox experience and engine knock issues. Bought a tokunbo Japan Engine last year. After changing the engine and getting the second brainbox, the black smoke experience was gone, exhaust looks clean and dry, yet the consumption is crazy. A 13ltrs 2,000 naira fuel can only run for 40km in my car. There's no Check Engine Indicator ON on my dashboard. Please what else can I do? What can be the cause? How can I fix this issue of consumption? What needs to be changed/fixed?. I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

You have provided no diagnostic info to work with.

Go and scan the car.

What is the coolant temp of the car after running for 15mins?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by snowflakes504: 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

You have provided no diagnostic info to work with.

Go and scan the car.

What is the coolant temp of the car after running for 15mins?
I'll do the scan and get back to you. How do I check for coolant temp? If its the temp gauge you are referring to, it stays low after 15mins
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by delec002(m): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

spark plugs
Fuel ingectors
Coil packs
Fuel pump
Intake gasket
Intake vacuum lines
Head gasket
O2 sensors
Airflow meter
Engine Ecu
Engine harness
Catalytic converter/s

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

WILL SURELY WILL BE CHECKING ALL ONE AFTER OTHER
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2018
snowflakes504:

I'll do the scan and get back to you. How do I check for coolant temp? If its the temp gauge you are referring to, it stays low after 15mins

Take your car for scanning
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by delec002(m): 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

spark plugs
Fuel ingectors
Coil packs
Fuel pump
Intake gasket
Intake vacuum lines
Head gasket
O2 sensors
Airflow meter
Engine Ecu
Engine harness
Catalytic converter/s

okay
thank you
will check after another
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fullman(m): 5:42am On Jul 27, 2018
Good morning Gazzuz,
Please my car always enter neutral sometimes when I slow down on the road .
What can I do.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
snowflakes504:
Hello Mr Gazzuzz,

If you're in Lagos, bring the car to us.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 2:55am On Jul 28, 2018
delec002:

Oga Gazzuzz

Still on the Scan result, you are not causing any confusion please, just need to know likely things to check out for as i dont often like the engine to be touch please and will take ur advise or changing to Mobil 1 henceforth

if those are the codes you got, all you need is a full tune-up and maybe oxygen sensors.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pitokwe(m): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2018
I
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by justfash50: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oga Gazzuzz

Please I have been using Mobil 1 engine oil full synthetic USA( foreign) for my BMW X3 2012 but I want start using the Nigeria made Mobil 1 full synthetic now. Is there any implications for this?

I saw on the cap of the Engine inlet Castrol oil and am thinking should I go with Castrol full synthetic engine oil now because it seems they have a base in Nigeria now.

I anticipate your response.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sleekpro(m): 12:15am On Jul 30, 2018
I need help pls, my Toyota corolka 04 is changing gaer only 3time. Pls what should I do.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaseunla(m): 6:28am On Jul 30, 2018
sleekpro:
I need help pls, my Toyota corolka 04 is changing gaer only 3time. Pls what should I do.

Run a scan, find out what's going on.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thorpido(m): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
Pls house,my Toyota corolla 2003 was burgled and the brain box and the window comtrol buttons made away with.
Please how much will it cost to replace them?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
thorpido:
Pls house,my Toyota corolla 2003 was burgled and the brain box and the window comtrol buttons made away with.
Please how much will it cost to replace them?

worst case scenario 60-100k.

It depends on if vehicle has an immobiliser or not.

Are you comprehensively insured? You should consider insuring vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thorpido(m): 9:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

worst case scenario 60-100k.

It depends on if vehicle has an immobiliser or not.

Are you comprehensively insured? You should consider insuring vehicle.
Thanks.
It had an immobiliser.
The vehicle is insured but it's third party.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jossytech(m): 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hello Guru Gazzuz

Pls how close should abs sensor ring be to abs sensor, i leant it magnetic that receive signal when wheel was running, i have fix mine today but yet the light still on, wanna know d gap that should be there for the sensor to magnetize themself

its 98 camry LE
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2018
jossytech:
Hello Guru Gazzuz

Pls how close should abs sensor ring be to abs sensor, i leant it magnetic that receive signal when wheel was running, i have fix mine today but yet the light still on, wanna know d gap that should be there for the sensor to magnetize themself

its 98 camry LE

This kazeem question you are asking.... Daris god o! grin

The distance of the pulsar to the abs wheel speed sensor is predetermined by the manufacturer. All you have to do is install the right parts in the right places. Your 1998 camry can be scanned using some really old sch mos code kinda method after joining 2 contacts on the OBD port. Another thing you could do is utilize a multimeter and search for resistance accross all 4 wheel speed sensors.

Give me a repair history to help you better.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by deniguy01(m): 5:04am On Jul 31, 2018
Pls i just got a new car and d plate number is old (it is BT) .. I wanna know if i can change the plate number to sth new.. Is it possible pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jossytech(m): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
No history, ABS light prompt after i change d shaft, that is all and the abs sensor has break, so i change the abs sensor but not close to the sensor i move to new shaft

GAZZUZZ:

This kazeem question you are asking.... Daris god o! grin

The distance of the pulsar to the abs wheel speed sensor is predetermined by the manufacturer. All you have to do is install the right parts in the right places. Your 1998 camry can be scanned using some really old sch mos code kinda method after joining 2 contacts on the OBD port. Another thing you could do is utilize a multimeter and search for resistance accross all 4 wheel speed sensors.

Give me a repair history to help you better.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayanfeeledumare: 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
What does P1725 in LEXUS RX 300 mean? What is the solution? This showed after scanning the car. What is also the solution to 2 cylinder misfiring
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
jossytech:
No history, ABS light prompt after i change d shaft, that is all and the abs sensor has break, so i change the abs sensor but not close to the sensor i move to new shaft

sir, Did you buy a Brand new sensor? If you did not? How do you know the one you put is working? Why did you not install the right type of sensor? Send pics of old and new sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
ayanfeeledumare:
What does P1725 in LEXUS RX 300 mean? What is the solution? This showed after scanning the car. What is also the solution to 2 cylinder misfiring

. P1725 LEXUS - NT Revolution Sensor Circuit Malfunction
Possible causes
Faulty Input Turbine (NT) Speed Sensor
Input Turbine (NT) Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
Input Turbine (NT) Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

Check to see if the sensor is connected. I have never seen it go bad.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jossytech(m): 12:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ill bring the damn car to you in Lagos, you just need to direct me so i wont enter d hand of 50k guys u have there, lasma or wetin be their name so u can fix this for me once and get out to my abata here

GAZZUZZ:

sir, Did you buy a Brand new sensor? If you did not? How do you know the one you put is working? Why did you not install the right type of sensor? Send pics of old and new sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
jossytech:
Ill bring the damn car to you in Lagos, you just need to direct me so i wont enter d hand of 50k guys u have there, lasma or wetin be their name so u can fix this for me once and get out to my abata here

unsupported vehicle in my workshop.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jossytech(m): 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
OK, Thanks,
GAZZUZZ:

unsupported vehicle in my workshop.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwashola4me(m): 1:36am On Aug 02, 2018
@Gazzuzz, your workshop location, please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.