Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914920 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nemadfsyahooc: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2018
Oga Gazzuz. Evening. After scanning my 02xterra this codes came up. In layman language Pls help interprete

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olenyi: 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2018
@Gazzuzz, nurey, diportivo, etc

A friend gave me two 1ltr can of sinopec atf fluid.

Pls is it advisable to use it on an 08 Camry.

My warm regards.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaseunla(m): 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2018
olenyi:

A friend gave me two 1ltr can of sinopec at fluid.

My warm regards.

By AT, you mean automatic transmission fluid right? Please don't do that to your transmission. The right one is Toyota WS.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olenyi: 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
oluwaseunla:

By AT, you mean automatic transmission fluid right? Please don't do that to your transmission. The right one is Toyota WS.

What of for the power steering?

It is even written on it that it complies to dextron III.

My warm regards.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2018
olenyi:

A friend gave me two 1ltr can of sinopec atf fluid.

My warm regards.

I cannot find AUTOMATIC transmission fluid on their site, please take a pic of what you have with you.
http://www.sinopec.com/listco/en/products_service/lubricants/auto_lube/transmission_f/

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaseunla(m): 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2018
olenyi:

What of for the power steering?

It is even written on it that it complies to dextron III.

My warm regards.

Ok. Have fun!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olenyi: 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I cannot find AUTOMATIC transmission fluid on their site, please take a pic of what you have with you.
http://www.sinopec.com/listco/en/products_service/lubricants/auto_lube/transmission_f/

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2018
olenyi, not suitable for transmission.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olenyi: 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
olenyi, not suitable for transmission.

Thank you so much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BMZK: 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2018
BMZK:
@GAZZUZ,
I just came back yesterday from a long journey and i realized my car (toyota avalon 2003) stopped firing after i covered to 1st 100km. The car was behaving like the fuel was bad or empty or bad fuel pump. When the car came to near stop, i had to park hoping to find a mechanic. When i could not find any mechanic, i started the car again and was surprised it was moving fine for the next 50km. When i understood OFF/ON the engine solves temporary the problem, all i needed to do when it starts misfiring is to put the gear to neutral, off the engine and restart it again without stopping in order to proceed with my journey.I was able to make my journey of over 1000km using that trick.
Now that i am in town the car is moving fine since i don't have to cover long distance but i know the problem has not been resolved.
Please do you have any idea what could be the cause of this problem ?
@GAZZUZ ,please any idea on the above?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumanja: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Toyota
Good morning everyone, does anybody know where i can get toyota coolant within ketu and ojota also the price. thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Blessedpikin(m): 10:01am On Nov 10, 2018
Hello experts in the house, I noticed my vehicles steering vibrates each time I tried to hit 60km. I also noticed some noise coming from the left wheel of the drivers side..mind you have done wheel balancing and alignment. I drive an es330

Cc:GAZZUZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
BMZK:

Fuel pressure. Check fuel pump
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
@GAZZUZ

my car intermittently stalls, misfires and loses power from time to time whenever engine warms up properly.
It doesn't happen in the first few kilometers.
So I will like to know, is it MORE LIKELY that it is as a result of bad ignition coils or fuel pump?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
Gallass:
@GAZZUZ

my car intermittently stalls, misfires and loses power from time to time whenever engine warms up properly.
It doesn't happen in the first few kilometers.
So I will like to know, is it MORE LIKELY that it is as a result of bad ignition coils or fuel pump?

Fuel pressure yes, faulty coils cannot be ruled out.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Fuel pressure yes, faulty coils cannot be ruled out.
okay.
I've changed fuel pump 3 times because of it.
No difference.
my bewilderment is hinged on it happening ONLY when engine warms up properly.
In most instances, when it starts that rubbish, hard acceralation solves it immediately. But expect it in the next 2-3 mins of driving to jerk again. When engine runs rough in motion , offing and restarting the engine solves the problem in most instances.
The misbehavior is incostistent.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:40am On Nov 11, 2018
Gallass:

okay.
I've changed fuel pump 3 times because of it.
No difference.
my bewilderment is hinged on it happening ONLY when engine warms up properly.
In most instances, when it starts that rubbish, hard acceralation solves it immediately. But expect it in the next 2-3 mins of driving to jerk again. When engine runs rough in motion , offing and restarting the engine solves the problem in most instances.
The misbehavior is incostistent.

remote diagnosis not possible.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BMZK: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Fuel pressure. Check fuel pump
Thanks GAZZUZZ.
I did a scan yesterday and it returned Code p1135. Of course it is related to fuel pressure as you said but it is still not clear to what part to change. Your professional advice will be highly appreciated before I proceed with the repairs.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mustydeen(m): 12:25am On Nov 12, 2018
Blessedpikin:
Hello experts in the house, I noticed my vehicles steering vibrates each time I tried to hit 60km.

Cc:GAZZUZ

Have you done any shaft related job lately.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mustydeen(m): 12:30am On Nov 12, 2018
BMZK:

A scan will lead you.

like you described, a failing fuel pump could be the culprit.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mustydeen(m): 12:40am On Nov 12, 2018
Machini:

crack on the seal.

Here is a simple trick to know if you have a burnt top gasket.

Park the vehicle overnight.

The next day

Fill raditor to the brim, and leave open

Tell someone to help you start the car.

if radiator spills water, like as much as an inch in fountain formed in the process. you have a burnt gasket.

if there is no evident spillage. Your gasket is intact.

Does this my grammar add up at all undecided

I could explain further if you need clarifications
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 6:29am On Nov 12, 2018
mustydeen:

The next day

if radiator spills water, like as much as an inch in fountain formed in the process. you have a burnt gasket.

Thanks. I will do just that.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eagleeye2: 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
mustydeen:

The next day

Makes sense to someone like me, who has a burnt gasket.
I just hope the Kazeem here (he is highly recommended) does a good job on my car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

remote diagnosis not possible.
Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
@gazzuzz
what's the reason why it is encouraged to change the complete assembly instead of only the pump during fuel pump replacement?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
Gallass:
@gazzuzz
what's the reason why it is encouraged to change the complete assembly instead of only the pump during fuel pump replacement?

can you breathe properly while covering your nostrils? The assy constitutes the strainer and filter. They get bad after a fey years of use in nigeria.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

can you breathe properly while covering your nostrils? The assy constitutes the strainer and filter. They get bad after a fey years of use in nigeria.
Okay. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by xyjoe(m): 3:46am On Nov 14, 2018
@RoofEdges Auto Spare parts deal on Genuine Japanese Auto Spare parts at affordable price, Car conversions and upgrades like RX350 2010 model to 2015 model, Camry 2010 to Lexus Model, Rav4 2012 to Rav4 2015 Model, Highlander 2008 to 2012 model, Padro 2012 model to Padro 2015 model etc. Give that your car a new look if you are yet read to buy an upgraded version!!!!!!! We are located @ Ladipo main market Lagos. You can reach us on our Sales line 08153380089

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
Good day house. My camry '04 steering is always stiff wen i want to make a turn but is normal while going on a straight lane. I've changed d steering pump as d mechanic suggested and it was ok for 2 weeks, now i'm back to square one. The oil is not leaking. Pls wot could be the issue?
Oga Gazzuzz ur expertise is needed here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
abiolag:
Good day house. My camry '04 steering is always stiff wen i want to make a turn but is normal while going on a straight lane. I've changed d steering pump as d mechanic suggested and it was ok for 2 weeks, now i'm back to square one. The oil is not leaking. Pls wot could be the issue?
Oga Gazzuzz ur expertise is needed here

steering rack, pressure pipe and power steering pump. It's a simple system to diagnose. If no leaks. The pressure pipe is ruled out. You have 2 culprits left. To diagnose the pump, you can attach a pressure gauge to the pressure switch location to monitor pressure from the pump.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

steering rack, pressure pipe and power steering pump. It's a simple system to diagnose. If no leaks. The pressure pipe is ruled out. You have 2 culprits left. To diagnose the pump, you can attach a pressure gauge to the pressure switch location to monitor pressure from the pump.

Thanx boss. I'll give it a try and get back ASAP
Don't be bothered abt d soldier threat. Only Allah give life and HIM alone can take it. Just report to d necessary authority.
May Allah keep u safe bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.