Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914955 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sheantip(m): 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
my Honda civic overheats only on highway and not while driving in town. I'm thinking its because of a dirty radiator, what do u think?
I await your responses.
thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
sheantip:
my Honda civic overheats only on highway and not while driving in town. I'm thinking its because of a dirty radiator, what do u think?
I await your responses.
thanks

Does it overheat in traffic?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sheantip(m): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

it doesn't overheat in traffic.
only when I drive fast for about 10 minutes, then the temperature goes real high.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:22am On Nov 16, 2018
sheantip:
it doesn't overheat in traffic.
only when I drive fast for about 10 minutes, then the temperature goes real high.

replace radiator. And stop using water.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 6:47am On Nov 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I was having over-heating issues sometimes ago and it was fixed but I noticed yesterday while in traffic d temperature got high (2 levels before d red mark). I was really scared but continue driving. It got cool wen d road is free and stays at d middle. Wot could be d issue, Sir Gazzuzz?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
abiolag:

I was having over-heating issues sometimes ago and it was fixed but I noticed yesterday while in traffic d temperature got high (2 levels before d red mark). I was really scared but continue driving. It got cool wen d road is free and stays at d middle. Wot could be d issue, Sir Gazzuzz?

Failing Fan
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 8:12am On Nov 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Failing Fan
How to fix failing fan pls? I want to bring d car to ur workshop for repair. When can I come pls?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:09am On Nov 16, 2018
abiolag:

How to fix failing fan pls? I want to bring d car to ur workshop for repair. When can I come pls?

discover the problem. Open up your bonnet turn on the a/c check if both fans roll.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by domin8(f): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2018
Good Day People,

My Nissan Pathfinder AC is acting up.

When the temperature is set at 18C it cools normally. Once the temperature goes above 18C even by 1 degree, the AC begins to blow hot air!

Kindly assist with the cause and solution.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mot114(m): 5:08am On Nov 17, 2018
have 2014 Mercedes Benz GL450 for sale ; USA used. With complete papers
Price: #15.5m
Contact me on 07069199730 (call/WhatsApp )

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zahratayyab: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2018
nice sharing its lovely thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dgifted: 9:02am On Nov 18, 2018
I just changed my car’s alternator (GS350). How do I know if it’s overcharging because not everyone have got the alternator tester.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by captainking(m): 10:09am On Nov 18, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

discover the problem. Open up your bonnet turn on the a/c check if both fans roll.
mr gazzuzz.. Good morning chief.. Please how do I resolve these codes especially the p0172 code.. System running Rich..thanks in anticipation ..cheers

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45am On Nov 18, 2018
captainking:
mr gazzuzz.. Good morning chief.. Please how do I resolve these codes especially the p0172 code.. System running Rich..thanks in anticipation ..cheers

Start by returning the thermostat back, ensuring cooling system is not leaking, ensure radiator is running optimal, ensure fans are not running steady. Clean up the spark plugs, decarbonize the O2 sensors, clean out airfilters (better still replace if dirty) finally if any previous work has been done on your fuel pump, ensure the regulators have not been blocked. Meanwhile what car is this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by captainking(m): 11:00am On Nov 18, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Start by returning the thermostat back, ensuring cooling system is not leaking, ensure radiator is running optimal, ensure fans are not running steady. Clean up the spark plugs, decarbonize the O2 sensors, clean out airfilters (better still replace if dirty) finally if any previous work has been done on your fuel pump, ensure the regulators have not been blocked. Meanwhile what car is this.
I am sorry I did not mention the car name..its Honda accord 2005 v4...i havent done any work on the fuel pump. How do I decarbonize the o2 sensors.? My downstream sensor is new.. I got it from oga Rowland. The fans run steady and There is no thermostat.. I guess I will fix that first.. I have to order for thermostat From Rowland then. I will ask the spark plugs to be cleaned. As well as the air filter.. Or even replace it.. Someone suggested that I add thinner to my fuel.. Do you concur sir??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phonix1234: 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hello house my totoya Matrix 2005 coolant drys up fast.. Every 2days,,,, what cud be the issue, and pls how much can I get a top gasket
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37am On Nov 19, 2018
Phonix1234:
Hello house my totoya Matrix 2005 coolant drys up fast.. Every 2days,,,, what cud be the issue, and pls how much can I get a top gasket

Start by checking for a leaking radiator.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:38am On Nov 19, 2018
captainking:

I am sorry I did not mention the car name..its Honda accord 2005 v4...i havent done any work on the fuel pump. How do I decarbonize the o2 sensors.? My downstream sensor is new.. I got it from oga Rowland. The fans run steady and There is no thermostat.. I guess I will fix that first.. I have to order for thermostat From Rowland then. I will ask the spark plugs to be cleaned. As well as the air filter.. Or even replace it.. Someone suggested that I add thinner to my fuel.. Do you concur sir??

fan and Thermostat and you should be fine.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 9:35am On Nov 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I discovered that only one of d fan is working. Some roadside rewire wanted to chop my money and said d fan need to be replaced or work on. They charged me 5k but I told dem not to worry. They eventually ask how much I can pay and I told them just 5h. They hit d iron covering d fan and it started working. I've been using that method since but I want to repair it. Pls wot is needed to b changed?
I want to bring it to ur workshop tomorrow, kindly give me ur digit
Thanx
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phonix1234: 9:59am On Nov 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Start by checking for a leaking radiator.

I have checked and check but i cudnt see any leaking part except the host for over flow from the reservoir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:17am On Nov 19, 2018
abiolag:

I discovered that only one of d fan is working. Some roadside rewire wanted to chop my money and said d fan need to be replaced or work on. They charged me 5k but I told dem not to worry. They eventually ask how much I can pay and I told them just 5h. They hit d iron covering d fan and it started working. I've been using that method since but I want to repair it. Pls wot is needed to b changed?
I want to bring it to ur workshop tomorrow, kindly give me ur digit
Thanx

replace fan, no one wants to chop your money. Tuesday is a public holiday
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:18am On Nov 19, 2018
Phonix1234:

I have checked and check but i cudnt see any leaking part except the host for over flow from the reservoir.

remove fans and cross check properly before jumping to gasket issues.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Seunbukola187(m): 10:32am On Nov 19, 2018
Oga gazzuzz please, as you have solved many problems here biko help me too oo i have a toyota camry 2003 i have done wheel balancing countless no of times, i even changed the brake discs,changed tyres too sef I still have this vibrating steering when i approach 100/120mps. Please help me out of this dilema bikonu cry cry cry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:58am On Nov 19, 2018
Seunbukola187:
Oga gazzuzz please, as you have solved many problems here biko help me too oo i have a toyota camry 2003 i have done wheel balancing countless no of times, i even changed the brake discs,changed tyres too sef I still have this vibrating steering when i approach 100/120mps. Please help me out of this dilema bikonu cry cry cry

Visit Tolu in magodo on CMD Road.
0803 811 2614
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by domin8(f): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2018
domin8:
Good Day People,

My Nissan Pathfinder AC is acting up.

When the temperature is set at 18C it cools normally. Once the temperature goes above 18C even by 1 degree, the AC begins to blow hot air!

Kindly assist with the cause and solution.

Thank you.

Please assist.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by captainking(m): 11:23am On Nov 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

fan and Thermostat and you should be fine.
Thanks a lot boss.. I really appreciate your response..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phonix1234: 11:41am On Nov 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

remove fans and cross check properly before jumping to gasket issues.

Ok thanks i will
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Seunbukola187(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thanks boss. I am grateful[1quote author=GAZZUZZ post=73105571]

Visit Tolu in magodo on CMD Road.
0803 811 2614
[/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

replace fan, no one wants to chop your money. Tuesday is a public holiday
Thanx for today, boss. U r such a wonderful person. nice meeting u
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by woku: 11:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Very clean foreign used benz c230k 2005...holla now M 0813 701 3184

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godson213: 11:00am On Nov 20, 2018
I need a corolla 03-05, clean with ac

Budget is 1million-1.1m

Location -Ibadan
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vicholas(m): 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2018
Good day sir, I use Toyota Avalon 1999 model and it consumed too much fuel. please sir what can I do solve this ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.