Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Roomates - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roomates (72090 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
FunkySilver:
Wow! I'm finally here, dis z a 9ic stowie.... Keep it up sis, nd hope m wlcmd here

you are always welcome and thanks for reading sweetheart
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
heemah:
Shelwa, na your face be this

lool.. Yes oooooo. I'm sorry sis. I kept you waiting
Re: Roomates by hassan85(m): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
my adrenaline is racing... Weldon more ink to your pen o
Re: Roomates by aao: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
welcome back my darling Omoshelwa. Hope whatever kept you away for so long a time has been overcome.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ahmad Aisha

"I can't believe you are going back to school today. The break is too short and You spent less time with us. All you do is visit your roomates"

My mum said as she helped me with my yellow veil. She is a pro when it comes to twisting veils in an elegant way.

We were in my room and the television was on. Neither of us paid great attention to the tv. I was lost in thought and mum is busy with the veil.
I had all the things I need for school in the trunk of the car in the garage. Dad is downstairs waiting to drive me to school.
I just need to finish dressing up and I'm ready to go.

"Hmmmm... Mum. You made it sound as if I'm not going to come back home. You know I will always visit you during weekends. Besides, lectures won't be very serious this week so you need not worry"

"I know. I'm just going to miss you." She said and smiled at me. Her beautiful, infectious smile. I smiled back at her.
My mum is an ebony beauty and I think I resembled her with my slender figure and the complexion too.

"I'll miss you too." I said softly.

I couldn't believe school has resumed already. I feel like I'm not complete because of the absence Femi and Cynthia.

I miss Femi so much.

I miss Cythia too.

I don't know what would excite me at school or what I should be looking up to except seeing Jola again. I'm so thankful I still got her.
Resumption would be pretty boring without Femi and Cynthia. I just hope they are fine wherever they are.

Something caught my attention on the T.V. It was an announcement regarding Femi and Cynthia. Their pictures were boldly displayed on the T.V screen. It was said that Cynthia's dissapearance has something to do with Femi's kidnapping.y

Who doesn't know that? And Tara has got a skeleton in her cupboard concerning this issue. That is one thing the press don't know.

"The boy was announced missing a week ago. I can only imagine what his parents are going through. Now, the girl's dissapearance has something to do with the boy's. How very heartbreaking! The rate of crime in this country is increasing daily." Mum lamented. One could easily detect the hurt in her voice.

"I miss them Mum. Everybody does."

"You miss them? Aisha, do you know those two?" my mum stopped abruptly and stared down at me

"Sure. Haven't I told you? They are my friends."

"oh dear! You never told me! Maybe you thought you did. You know you hardly stay at home. You go out early in the morning and come back late in the night."

"It slipped off my mind. I thought I had told you. They are both my friends. The girl is my roomate. She went missing 2 days ago. That is why I visit my other roomate"

"Is that so? You shouldn't have kept this from me! I would have gone with you to her place. It is just so sad..."

My mum was still speaking when Dad poked his head between the ajar door and its frame.

"Women! I had been waiting for hours. I thought it wouldn't take you more than 30 seconds to do whatever you want to do with the veil"

"We are done already!" I said rising when Mum added the last touch.

Few students have resumed school and I was the first person to arrive in the room. I remembered the first day at school last semester. Tara and Jola had been the ones I met in the room. Cynthia joined us weeks after resumption.

I did some cleaning, dusting and washing while waiting for Jola to arrive. She finally arrived when I was arranging my things in the room. She had a worried look on her face and I think I know why.

I helped her with her bag and she joined me in positioning the things in the right places. When we were done, Jola blurted out while she was worried.

"I think we should visit Cynthia's uncle's place." she said and I gave her an anonymous stare

"I think we shouldn't" I said glancing away from her.

"You don't understand, Aisha. Cynthia's Sister should be in Nigeria right now and the first place she would be taken to is her uncle's place"

"So?"

"So, we need to help her. You have no idea the terrible things Cynthia went through there. Cynthia would do anything to get her sister out of that place. We need to act on her behalf and do what Cynthia would have done"

"Then, Let's get dressed and we'll go there. She would be staying in your house with the house helps right?"

"Yeah. But the problem we have got is Cynthia's uncle won't allow us to and also, the girl doesn't know us. She might think we are up to something terrible."

I reasoned with her and she sounds pretty right.

"Let's go there and look at the situation of things then we can plan how we will get her out."

"I'm scared. We don't know what Cynthia's Uncle can do"

"You aren't guilty Jola. He is the guilty one cos he failed to play his role. You have played your part so well and there is only one part left. We need to do this because Cynthia would do the same for us."

There was silence as Jola allowed the words to sink deep inside her head.

"Okay then. Let's finish these and we'll go..."
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
hassan85:
my adrenaline is racing... Weldon more ink to your pen o

Thanks hassan. I really miss you

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
aao:
welcome back my darling Omoshelwa. Hope whatever kept you away for so long a time has been overcome.

Thanks. Really miss you

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Great stuff Shalewa...minor errors tho. I tot Aisha was dark in complexion! anyways I'm curious abt how Cynthia and femi will get saved.

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Fantasywrita:
Great stuff Shalewa...minor errors tho. I tot Aisha was dark in complexion! anyways I'm curious abt how Cynthia and femi will get saved.

thanks for the observation. Welcome back prof
Re: Roomates by Hameenat94(f): 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
G8t write up dear... An interesting piece of art... I admire ur writing skill

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hameenat94:
G8t write up dear... An interesting piece of art... I admire ur writing skill

Tnks dear. You are a darling
Re: Roomates by Fatalveli(m): 9:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hello Nairalanders, most especially the fans of THEROCK555, I wanna use the medium to inform you all that ur amazing author will be interviewed @ 5pm tomorrow so dat we can all get to know him better.... Follow dis link if u have any questions for Therock555 @. https://www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-interview-thread-subsidiary-dammysammytv/5#1952165.161. I'm pretty sure you all can't afford to miss this...
Re: Roomates by FunkySilver(f): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2014
Nice one
Re: Roomates by Frankenstein: 9:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
Another dead story.
Re: Roomates by EllaGold35(f): 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hands crossed
Re: Roomates by hujaj: 2:03am On Oct 29, 2014
I have been in this site for more than a year now, but I never fine any story more explicit than this.. Keep it babe. What more can I say?? Come and update. BIS almost at its stick..

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bolajoko Cynthia

I don't know which was worse. Sleeping on a cold and bare concrete floor or eating nothing throughout yesterday. It wasn't as if I wasn't offered a meal but I rejected the food purposely.
It wasn't a desirable meal at all in looks and It wasn't the kind of food I would take even if I am not in this condition. I could as well describe beans as my least favorite meal which I scorn greatly. The disdain for beans strenghten my willingness to reject the food without a second thought even though I was dying of hunger.

The meal wasn't palable to sight and I could imagine how tasteless it would be on my tongue even if I try to eat it with my eyes closed. The beans was watery with the beans fluid flowing to one side of the plate and the half cooked bean seeds on the other side.

I woke up this morning with a rumbling stomach. My digestive system demanded for nutrients and I felt my small intestine roll over the large one. I couldn't help wishing to have the beans I've rejected last night in front of me right now. That was how pathetic my situation is. I felt cold, sick and dizzy. I was still lost in my own dilemma that I didn't notice the 'she-male' which had been my guard throughout the night. She was sitting on a plastic chair drawn inches away from the entrance, her eyes hard and red in her skull and she kept a straight and undisturbed stare at me.
I began to doubt whether she even bat an eyelid while watching me.

We were like that for minutes. Just staring at each other uttering nothing. I looked away and began humming a particular song when her stares became unbearable.

"Hey, You awake already?" Mike came in dressed in a white T-shirt and a white trousers. He bounced towards me and I felt relief swam over me and I hate myself for that.

"You can as well take over from here. I need to catch some sleep in the next room before going home" the she-male said and stood up yawning.

"You can trust me Ivy. I gat this" Mike said gesticulating towards the door. All I could do was watch her close the door behind her as she went outside.

"how you doin' this morning?" Mike asked beaming. My situation isn't humorous at all but I let that pass. We can as well be pals if I'm really going to get out of here. And I'm sure I won't be getting out of here alone but with Femi as well.

"I am starving Mike! Can you get me something to eat? Anything but beans" I said and I hate myself for sounding so weak.

"Was that why you rejected the beans last night?"

I nodded.

"Yeah I understand your plight and same goes for your boyfriend. He rejected the food we offered him for a few days but it came to a point that he couldn't help it. He had to survive and he realized it." Mike paused for a while then continue

"Well, I have been ordered to prepare your breakfast of rice and Leo said if you reject the meal again, you can as well starve. But let me warn you" He said the last statement in whispers and turned around as if searching for something.

"..Leo would soon start drugging your meals..." Mike said and my ears felt numb.

"Why?" I asked

"Why? He doesn't want you to escape! He is gonna use drugs that would control your emotions and memories and render you physically, emotionally and psycologically weak so that nobody would guard you and we won't have to worry our heads about your escape because you would be too weak to think or plan to escape. That had been done for your boyfriend and It worked. Now listen, don't try eating meals not prepared by me! Ivy and I would be taking turns in preparing your breakfast and dinner. That's all you'd be having and you can only trust the food I give you. I will try and find ways to dispose Ivy's meal because she will definately drug your meal. She fears Leo and she will do anything in order to please him. Your part is to act like you are really being drugged in order to avoid any suspiction on my own part"

"Is she even a female? Has she any conscience?"

"she has got none. She does anything Leo orders her to do."

My stomach gave a rumbling sound.

"Can you get me the meal now? The chat can wait"

"Okay" and he was out a second later.

I brought out my phone from where I had kept it. It was off already. I knew the battery would be dead. I tried switching it on but I was welcomed by a beeping sound indicating a flat battery and the phone went dead again. I was still trying to switch it on when I heard footsteps. I quickly shoved the phone to a corner behind me.

Ivy came in staring at me.

I thought she was sleeping!

I think she heard the beep! My heart kept thumping hoping she wouldn't find the phone where I flunged it. She walks towards the corner where the phone laid hoping the sound would repeat itself. Mike came in almost immediately.

"Ivy..."

"I think this chick is playing games with me" she said and picked the phone up. She found it!

"Oh! Ivy that's my other phone. I was careless I left it here..." Mike came to my rescue...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roomates by Aliyuozioma(f): 6:35am On Oct 31, 2014
tnx 4d update, more of it pls
Re: Roomates by FunkySilver(f): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
Tnx alot.... Still waiting fr more
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
I'm still loving this story.
Re: Roomates by codedbaby(f): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
yearning for more. sitting comfortably with my bottle of wine and plantain chips
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2014
OMG! I av missed a lot! embarassed
Re: Roomates by lenmafon: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
thanks shelwa babe for the nice update. how is studying? hope u re coping wella? pls try to update like twice thaf is if it will be possible on ur side o! but we dont want you to rush the story o. u re trying well well for us o!
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
omoshelwa! omoshelwa! omoshelwa! how many times did i call u....better come and do the needful. i'm really tired of waiting.
Re: Roomates by lenmafon: 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
Fantasywrita:
omoshelwa! omoshelwa! omoshelwa! how many times did i call u....better come and do the needful. i'm really tired of waiting.

brotherly pls bear with her, i know it is not intensionally. beside combining work or study with creating and writing stories is not so easy. i plead on her 'befull' not 'be half' cos she is not half but very full of more story wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
lenmafon:

brotherly pls bear with her, i know it is not intensionally. beside combining work or study with creating and writing stories is not so easy. i plead on her 'befull' not 'be half' cos she is not half but very full of more story wink

Alright i agree wiv yhu. I'll wait patiently then like the rest of you.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
Ayodele Jolade Kehinde

"Hello ladies?" A heavy voice greeted us as we consecutively landed 3 knocks on the iron front door of the Bolajokos. The heavily built guy was wearing a green tight fitting singlet in which all his muscular outline could be well traced on the green cotton material. He wore a pair of baggy shorts. His left hand was dug inside his left short's pocket while the right was placed on the ajar door for support.

While scrambling for what to say, I took my time to assess his appearance well enough from his well shaped face to his very hairy legs. He has his forelimbs tatooed to the fingers with ambigous patterns. With his features-that Cynthia had described so well- I concluded he must be the guy who had tried to indecently assault Cynthia.

"Can I help you?" He asked again, his smiles dissapearing.

"Not really. We are just here to see the man of the house." Aisha finally replied.

"What makes you think I'm not the person you are looking for?"

"You can't be. We have already met him a couple of times already" I said.

"Is that so? Well, He is not in. You can leave."

He made to close the door immediately after his last statement but I stopped him.

"No. Please. We really must see him. It is a very important issue."

"So important that you can't tell me what your mission is all about."

"It is a confidential matter. We really need to see him. Please." Aisha pleaded with a falsified expression. I guessed he fell for the charms of the pretty dame because he seemed to calm himself.

"You guys can't see him now. He is not in. But you can just tell me what you came for. I'll deliver it to him"

"But we just told you..." I was interrupted when a slender, dark skinned woman in shirt and trousers appeared behind the guy.

"What is going on here, Mike? You guys are making one hell of a noise that I had began to think it's not going to end." She looked at Mike then at us. She gave us a reproachful look.

"They are just insisting on something impossible and I've already dismissed them. They are just too adamant."

"I must have seen you around here before. You are Cynthia's friends right" she gesticulated towards us.

"Yes we are. We are here to see Mr. Bolajoko"

"I hope there is no problem?" She asked getting interested for reasons best known to her.

"We are Cynthia's friend. We came to discuss matters with him. Is he in?"

"He isn't. He told me he would be going to the police station. You can tell me whatever you came for. He had been hiding issues cocerning Cynthia from me. Tell me. What is really happening? Is the 'girl' in trouble again?"
She pronounced the 'girl' with a filthy expression.

Aisha and I looked at each oher with knowing looks. We have heard so much about this woman for me to discuss matters regarding Cynthia with her.

"Actually, we are here to ask whether Clara is already here. We have been told she should be here already" I said
She was silent for a while as she carefully measure my statement.

"I only asked you eher eCynthia is not where her sister is."

"Yeah. We know ma. Cynthia is fine. She suggested we drop by at your place and invite Clara over for a visit." I lied

"What are you talking about? Which Cynthia are you refering to? " Mike or whatsoever the woman had called him screamed. I was rather startled but he chilled sooner than I anticipated. I have even forgotten he existed if not for the scream.

"What's wrong Mike?" The woman asked. Really worried.

"Nothing Sister... I just... You know... Cynthia isn't the kind of person that would stay back and ask her friends to get her sister. It is very unlike her. She would be present no matter what because she knows what her presence means to her sister."

"That's true. Why isn't Cynthia here to do the official invitation in person." She looked at me with inquiring eyes.

"Cynthia is ill. She requested we do the invitation on her behalf" Aisha came just in time to rescue me from shortage of words. My tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth.

"But you said she was fine minutes ago" Mike said

"Yeah. She WAS but not anymore" was the filmsy reply Aisha gave.

"Well, Clara isn't here yet and since you aren't ready to tell me what you want to discuss with my husband, you can go back to where you came from." She gave as an annoying dissaproving look.

"But Cynthia told us she should be here.."Aisha stammered.

"I said she isn't here. Please leave." she turned to go back inside leaving our mouths hanging stupidly.

"I'm hear! I'm here!" A young replica of Cynthia jumped right before me. I almost lost my balance.

"Clara!" I screamed before even realising it. She must be 12 to 13 years of age and she had her black hairs woven into a chinese ponytail. She must have been listening to our conversation for more that 10 minutes.

"You are Cynthia's friend, right? I have to see Cynthia. Please, take me to her " she held my hands pleadingly.

The woman broke the union of our hands and flung Clara towards her.

"Now! You girls should leave or else I'll call the police on you." She said threatingly. Aisha pulled me gently and told me with her expression that we should leave.

"We are sorry for disturbing you" Aisha said and I turned to Clara. I handed a card to her in which my mobile number was inscribed and gave it to her.

"Call me whenever you need help. We are Cynthia's friend" with my last statement, we walked to the gate.

"Wait!" Clara calls back and we couldn't even look back at her.

"They are strangers. I told you. Strangers are dangerous" the woman's voice echoed.

"Strangers? I heard every goddamn thing you said. You knew them too. You knew they are Cynthia's friend. They know where Cynthia is and they are going to invite me to her. You just blew away my chances of seing her. You got me locked up in here and make me do all you say. I really hate you!. I hate you so much!"

That was the last thng I heard before exiting he compound

2 Likes

Re: Roomates by Aipete2(f): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for the update Omoshelwa
Re: Roomates by heemah(f): 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for the update dear...expecting more..
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
hujaj:
I have been in this site for more than a year now, but I never fine any story more explicit than this.. Keep it babe. What more can I say?? Come and update. BIS almost at its stick..

Wow! i'm honoured!!! million thanks
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 23, 2014
Aipete2:
Thanks for the update Omoshelwa

tanks tanks for reading

I really miss u o. no be lie at all. I'm sorry for being away for DAT long period of time.

heemah:
Thanks for the update dear...expecting more..

Thanks for reading heemah. million hugs dear.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 23, 2014
Aliyuozioma:
tnx 4d update, more of it pls

I'm trying dear. but my trial is nothing near good. will try to improve. tanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Adventure With The Slay Queen's / The Abandoned Child / Mended Hearts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.