Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Roomates - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roomates (72733 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roomates by D9ty7(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
Watchout for this new action story that hopefully will blow your mind for the next couple of moths, a crime story Titled:
ALL IN A CIRCLE.
It is a story of a father and his two sons, one a criminal and the
other a policeman. The father is the chief sponsor of the most notorious
terrorist group in the country where his son is the main hitman unknown
to him and his second so is on a quest in figuring out the
terrorists(his brother) and their sponsors(his father)
Sit back, relax and enjoy the story.
LOVE- AFFECTION- BETRAYAL- ROMANCE- CRIME- MURDER- FAMILY- ENEMITY- THE
GAME- IN ONE FAMILY- IN ONE CIRCLE.
The link to the story is.....
https://www.nairaland.com/1882637/all-circle-crime-story.
It has started already so please don't miss out.
Re: Roomates by princesssusan(f): 9:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: Roomates by Dsaintozo(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
I've got intrigued, what next, comeon guy am waiting. Am looking up to reading the unfold suspence.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Tara Carlos

I have only got a vague explanation for the emptiness in my heart. Something feels so very wrong and I knew it must be because of the alarming and unexpected call from home. I kept browsing my head for clues on what calls for this unusual occassion. Maybe my type of lifestyle over here must have leaked to one of those 'I won't mind my bussiness" hippy necks.

The first suspect on my list was no other than Jane. She can actually tell one of her friends who lives around here to keep an eye on me and I am sure that person not only kept an 'eye', but must have definately shed her two eyes and maybe with a pair of binoculars too. What the hell does everyone want with me!

Should I say the sleep over at Sister Trisha was the best I have had in weeks or the most peaceful? I slept soundly because I knew no one would come knocking on the door at midnights, no one would jump on me like a veracious hungry dog and demand for sex . I slept peacefully and had series of Leo free dreams.

I woke up the next morning and what I saw on my phone was quite hilarious. I couldn't supressed the smirk that escaped from my mouth. There were loads of texts from my one and only stu'pid ex-boyfriend. Leo is the stu'pidest thing God ever created.

I didn't bother to view all the messages because the ones i managed to read either start with 'I'm sorry' or end with 'I'm sorry'

"You should have your bath now. We need to leave as early as possible. I've..." Sister Trisha was rubbing cream on her skin when I went to her room that morning. I woke up late and I knew it was due to the comfty night I had. She was however interrupted by the continous ringing of her cell phone.
I paid less attention to her conversation. It might be something private and personal and it would certainly be rude if she catches me eavesdropping. The call ended a while after it started.
"That was your mum..." Her voice has changed. What is wrong with her.

"I would really have loved to speak to her." I said. And I really meant it.

"No need to. She only wanted to know whether we are already on our way or not. We should hurry up now. Go and have your bath and after then, get anything nice for yourself in the kitchen"

"Okay."

We got to Enugu at exactly 2:10. Aunt Trisha had dismissed the idea of road transport so we flown in instead. We hired a bike and we were soon in front of my gate. I was amazed at the sight that awaits me inside. Crowds gathered in the compound, all holding a gloomy look. Nobody needs to tell me something was actually wrong. Their gaze fell on me and followed every step I took. Some even shook thier heads pitifully at me. It was dreadful. I went with silent and short strides as I wondered what caused this unusual serene atmosphere. Crowds of peope were not meant to be silent. This is more than wierd.
This crowd of people won't be here if nothing is wrong or just when did I become a celebrity that the whole of my town decided to gather in my house just to welcome my return. This is really weird. I glanced over at sister Trisha who was behind me to gather clues. If anything is wrong, she should know about it. I was surpised at what she was doing. She was sobbing profusely. And as if she had led a chorus, the crowd followed suit with wails and sobs.
I could feel tears gather behind my eye lids. I let my legs lead the way as I ran with all my might towards the sitting room. I opened the sitting room door and the people inside were almost twice those outside. My mom and my brothers were at a edge of the sitting room. They were all crying. Just right in front of my mum was a very farmiliar figure. Laid on a mat and claded in white. I need no one to tell me I am now fatherless...

"Why didn't you let me know he had been sick for months?" I asked in between whispers. It was the night of the funeral and we were all dressed in black. I was left with my family and sister Trisha who had been the one consoling my mum. The crowd of people had eased completely.

"I never wanted to distract your studies. But when it was getting worse, we decided to let you know. Ifeanyi told us you don't want to come home, he told us that you were doing fine. So we decided to let you be" My mum explained

"When Papa insisted that he wants to see you, it was then we sent sister Trisha to you. He died the morning you arrived"

There was silence.

"Your father left a note for you before his death. He has a note for everyone of us too. I think you will read that when you go back to Ilorin tommorow." My mum said.

"Tommorow. Why should I leave so early?"

"Because you are resuming in days time. You have to prepare for resumption. You will be staying over at Trisha's before resumption"

I don't need to argue that out. I knew what she said wasn't a request. It was a command.

Life without my dad would become a little tougher. I pray I survive....

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
this really touches my heart.
Re: Roomates by Aliyuozioma(f): 7:17am On Sep 24, 2014
what a pity RIP to ur dad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roomates by hassan85(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2014
really feel for her yea she Tara has been a controversial character. she is d twist in ds work... from experience no matter How Good or bad one is, it's not an easy thing to lost any of ones parents... omoshalewa nice update but please ds updates are taking too too long
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ayodele Jolade Kehinde

Just where the heck is Femi? Everyone around here is bothered about his whereabout. He got us all moody and having dreadful thoughts. His parents had reported to the press and to the police but everything seemed rather fruitless.

"What made it worse was his not picking calls. I can't even lay my hands on where he could be" Taiwo lamented. He had visited all their other friends and all the places he thought Femi could be.

We were all at his house with his parents and younger sister. The most pitiful of us all are his mum and Aisha. We wore disturbed looks but still hoped for the best. I just hope it isn't what I'm thinking. Or what we are all thinking.

"It is very unlike him. It's so hard to geuss what is actually wrong here. I know he will be back soon though." Cynthia said patting Aisha on the shoulder.

There was silence as everyone of us prayed and wished silently. It is so obvious that Femi will not want to get us all bothered intentionally with his dissapearance. I think he must have been kidnapped because I can't seem to find any other answer to the rhetorical question placed before us all. But what kind of kidnappers will not call to demand for ransom after 7 days of having their victim in their custody. Or for what other aim do people kidnap?

"What have I been hearing on tv about Femi?" Dad walked towards us in the biggest sitting room. He had been in Abuja for a week now. Seeing him here was a big surprise but I am in no mood to start talking about that with him.

"It also baffles us all." Femi's dad said trying to hide his sadness.

"Why didn't you let me know? If I hadn't seen it this morning in the papers, I would have been kept in the dark?"

"We thought it better not to disturb you and the truth is I've been too disturbed to think about that. I'm sorry"

"When did you think he dissapeared?"

"It has been close to a week now. We just hope he is alright wherever he is."

"Don't worry too much. He'll be fine."

We only hope that is true.

" I am scared. I just hope he is alright" Aisha said softly, trying to supress her sobs. But the tears she unconsciously shed gave her away. She tried had to fight the tears.

We left Femi's place and returned to my home. Dad stayed back with Femi's dad so he didn't return with us.

"If he really had been kidnapped, why didn't the kidnappers request for ransom?" Cynthia asked refering to no one in particular.

"Exactly!!!" Taiwo and I said in unison like we had been waiting for someone to blurt that out. I geuss we didn't say that at Femi's place because we don't want to shatter the already broken heart of his parents. Kidnappers aren't nice people to deal with.

"Or they are probably keeping him for reasons best known to them cos if they really need money, they wouldn't wait this late to demand for it." Cynthia also added

"Do you guys really think he has been kidnapped?" Aisha asked, her pretty face wet with tears.

"We aren't saying he is REALLY kidnapped, we are suggesting things." Taiwo quickly said when Aisha started squeezing her face helplessly. We knew she was about to break down.

"We are just suggesting things here. Nobody is saying he has really been kidnapped, Okay?" I said trying to calm her down. I knew talking about him being kidnapped before Aisha is a really bad idea. But we can't just sit back and do nothing, maybe if we complile our ideas, something big will unfold.

"Aisha, it seems you need some rest. You have cried your eyes sour already and I'm sure your mum and dad would be really worried." Cynthia said. I knew why she did that. If Aisha doesn't leave this place, we won't be opportuned to discuss vital issues.

"Yeah, that's true. It's getting late already. Dad's driver will drop you off at your place. Is that okay enough. Pull yourself together sweetheart." I supported Cynthia's point. We both went over to Aisha's and gently helped her up.

As soon as Aisha was gone, we went back to discussing Femi's situation.

"There is a big space in this puzzle of ours that needs to be filled and there is only one piece to fill the gap. Why would they kidnap him and they never called demand for money" Taiwo suggested

"Maybe for some benefits"

"What kind of benefits would they want front from a guy if not money. I am sure his kidnappers must be males. If he were to be a female now, I would have said they need her body."

" What if his kidnappers aren't even males. They might be females." Cynthia said.

"That is highly ridiculous. It sounds somehow to me. Why would any female kidnap him? For what reason would they do that? Females can't kidnap me. You know, it's impossible" Taiwo boasted. I just glanced at him.

We sighed uniformly. It seems we are getting nowhere with this.

"There is just one thing missing here" I said
"Yeah, that is it. He may even not be kidnapped. There is just one piece we haven't found out yet in this puzzle. Just a missing piece..." Cynthia added thoughfully.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Dsaintozo: I've got intrigued, what next, comeon guy am waiting. Am looking up to reading the unfold suspence.

you won't have to wait too long.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
snowprince07: this really touches my heart.

it gripped mine too ;(;(;(
Re: Roomates by missuniverse(f): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
feel for Tara
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
missuniverse: feel for Tara

same here cry
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ahmed Aisha

I know I am being too emotional but I just can't control it. Even Jola, Cynthia and Taiwo think Femi has been kidnapped. Is this really true? I don't want to believe it.

If he really had been kidnapped then, it must have been because of his parent's popularity and wealth. There is no doubt that his family has always been held at high prestige in the community. But just as Cynthia had said yesterday, Why would anyone Kidnap for days and refuse to demand for money? It is so absurd.

Or is it Tara? .
Yeah, Tara is capable of doing this. She is a desperate being and can do anything to get whatever she wants whichever way she thought possible. I know she can do this although it was late before I realised the stuff she was really made of.

She must have decided to kidnap Femi because he refused her advances towards him. How heartless of her! I was already making up my mind to forgive her for all she had done but it seemed she had smashed the egg of forgiveness on the wall herself. If she really has a hand in Femi's dissapearance, I will make sure I get my claws on her. She will definately regret this.

"It looks like you are on your way out again" My mum said shooting a glance at me as I descended the stairs. She was watching T.V with my dad downstairs but now, they have diverted their gaze on me.

"I will soon be back. This is really urgent" I said fidgeting under their stares.

"What calls for this new behaviour of yours. You have refused to eat and when you do, it is nothing to feed birds with. You spend the greater part of your days at your roomates' place. I am beginining to suspect you are seing a guy" my mum blurted out.

"Mum!"

"What? You guys shouldn't be seing each other in secrecy. All you have to do is bring him home and introduce him to us." My dad added.

Even though the mood I found myself in wasn't pleasant, I couldn't help but smile. This would have been good news to Femi and I if he hadn't dissapeared. He had always wanted to meet my parents. I was not sure about what they would say to that so I had told him we should wait for a while.

"Dad, Mum. I am not going out to see a guy right now. The truth is I want to go somewhere very urgent. Please?" I pleaded pouting my lips innocently. I've always suceeded in melting thier hearts each time I do that.

"Okay, Okay. You can go but you shouldn't stay long okay? You came home late yesternight and got us worked up." My dad finally agreed. I went over to them to plant a kiss on their cheeks.

"You are the sweetest creations on the galaxy. Bye" I said hurrying out of the sitting room thinking they might decide to change thier mind. My mum hadn't consented yet and I think she didn't approve of my Dad's jugdgement.

I have no idea where Tara lives but I certainly know where Sister Trisha lives. I would get Tara's address through sister Trisha.

I know Tara wouldn't be so dumb as to tell Sister Trisha we aren't in good terms. If she did that, she would have to give reasons why which might be difficult to explain. Since Sister Trisha thinks we are roomates, she wouldn't be hesistant in sharing Tara's address with me.

I flagged down a cab to her place and we got there in no time. Her home wasn't fenced but it is also one of the best house around here. I pressed the door bell and a voice answered with 'I'm coming' from inside.
The door was opened by sister Trisha and she welcomed me warmly although she was surprised at my presence. She was wearing a black gown.

"Hmmm, I am surprised you came to visit me unannounced. I know you didn't come to see me but your friend, Tara. She is resting in her room"

she didn't let me state my mission before saying that. I blended into her view of things, now that I know Tara lives here, there is no need to ask for her address.

"yeah. I really need to see her."

"I wouldn't want to disturb her sleep. We just arrived from Enugu and she had a hectic day. But since it looks like you have something urgent to tell her, I will wake her up for you." She said and went inside one of the rooms.

She came back with Tara. Tara was wearing a black trouser and a black blouse and crowning it all with a black scarf.
Just as I expected, she was surprised to see me. Sister Trisha for the kitchen excusing us.

"You don't need to be surprised. I just came here to let you know that you evil plans have been revealed. I know you planned Femi's kidnap and I am giving you a maximum of 7 days to do release him and if you refuse to, I'll show you the unpleasant part of me" I said without wasting time.

I left her dumfounded to bid Sister Trisha goodbye in the kitchen. Sister Trisha said something that surprised me.

"I haven't heard you speak so loud like that before". She said

I didn't know I spoke so loud.

"I...." I couldn't find my words.

"You don't need to explain. I know you are mad at her for not letting you know that she lost her father. It came as a blow to her too.."
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
hassan85: really feel for her yea she Tara has been a controversial character. she is d twist in ds work... from experience no matter How Good or bad one is, it's not an easy thing to lost any of ones parents... omoshalewa nice update but please ds updates are taking too too long

I won't keep you waiting for long anymore
Re: Roomates by barackodam: 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nice one.

Am sure you know I read always but don't comment always, I'd be commenting once in a while
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
lenmafon: shelwa nice work. thanks for the updates. more strenght to ur writing elbow.how was ur exam self? ladiez our wahala just too much,

abi now. My exam was great. Thanks for asking, you are one in a billion
Re: Roomates by aao: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nice one there Omoshelwa. UR updates are always worth the wait. Thanks.
Re: Roomates by classicuju: 9:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
Finally i am here.. Omobabe i dey ur back
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
barackodam: Nice one.

Am sure you know I read always but don't comment always, I'd be commenting once in a while

it's always okay whichever way you want
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
aao: Nice one there Omoshelwa. UR updates are always worth the wait. Thanks.

you d best
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
classicuju: Finally i am here.. Omobabe i dey ur back

hmmmm me self don see you
Re: Roomates by Melancholy(m): 11:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
Tara is not worth this tragedy scene around her nau. I believe we all humans whose decisions sometimes subjugated us to unwarranted situations, so omoshalewa i implore ur golden pen to take things easy with her ooo
Re: Roomates by seunviju(f): 12:00am On Sep 25, 2014
Maruwa don jam okada.Welldone sis,thanks for the update
Re: Roomates by hassan85(m): 8:01am On Sep 25, 2014
morning omoshalewa How was ur night. don't really know much about u and am sorry for asking u to update more dan u can yesterday. I never knew u were in exams... How was it and How has it been?? Thanks for d updates.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Bolajoko Cynthia

I woke up really late this morning which was probably because I slept very late last night. We spent the greater part of the night discussing Femi's predicament.

I think I've already found the missing piece of our mysery puzzle. I am not 100% sure about it so I wasn't so careless as to let that out before Jola, Taiwo or Aisha. It was buried within me and I'm not ready to tell anyone because I may eventually end up being wrong and also embarrasing myself in front of everyone.

I will only let them know when I've investigated to a doubtless point.

I think Tara is the biggest suspect here. She planned it all but executed it with the help of her accomplice.
All finger seemed to point at her. I see no reason why anyone would kidnap and refuse to demand for some dough after 7 days.

It's getting rather late and only God knows what the hell Femi is going through or what would have befell him wherever he is. We have to make the strangest of all choices and not just sit back with our arms crossed waiting for the law enforcement agents to carry out thier jobs. I would play my part because I see no harm in trying.

But where would I start my investigation from? I don't even know where Tara stays and besides, I wouldn't want to ask Jola because I don't want her to know my plans just yet.
I just need to ask someone else. Someone who won't be eager to know what I have in mind. Someone like Taiwo who was there when Tara was dropped right in front of her house the last day Femi was seen.

"Where is Jola?" I asked when I met only Taiwo on the dinning table. He was reading a novel and I wasn't surprised at that. He had become interested in novels ever since the whole house began the seven day fasting.

"She went to Aisha's place hours ago. She said she would have gone with you but she didn't want to disturb your sleeep."

"O-kay..." I replied. This sounds like the right time to pop the question at Taiwo in an unsuspecting way.

"Taiwo.." I want his undivided attention.

"Yeah?" he raised his head expectantly at me.

"I was wondering... Could you by any chance, remember where Tara alighted the last time you guys gave her a ride...?" Although I tried to be indifferent, my tone didn't conceal my indifference.

"You mean your other roomate?"

"Yeah, Tara."

"Huh" He scratched his head and I was already giving up hope.
He might not remember.
"It was somewhere around Feola's close in Tipper garage. She went into the grey house which was directly opposite Treaty's restaurant in Tipper Garrage."

"I know Treaty's restaurant. I had used her service a couple of times" I was grateful it was a place I could easily locate. I grinned wistfully at myself.

"Why are you asking?"

"I was trying to refresh your memory. Remember, it was the last time you saw Femi right?" The lie came out faster than I imagined. It wasn't actually a lie afterall.

"Yeah" He said staring blankly at me for some seconds before finally directing his attention to the novel. I rose gently from the seat and excused myself. I need to get dressed and start my investigation.

"Where are you going?" The soft voice of Jola made me stop dead in my tracks. Aisha was with her too.

"Huh... I really need to go out now. I will tell you where when I get back" I said when I couldn't forge a lie in my head but the look on both Jola and Aisha's face was an assurance that I won't be going anywhere or else I offer a good explanation.

I sighed "I need to go to my Uncle's place. I think I forgot one of my things there, and you guys know school will resume next week" Even I knew my lie was so transparent. I am not a good liar.

"Huh... Okay, don't keep us waiting" Aisha said forcing a smile at me. I smiled back and Impatiently hurried out of the compound.

I arrived at the described adress partially safe. I couldn't believe the pretty lady who sat with me in the cab was trying to steal my cell phone when I wasn't looking. I caught her though, and I made sure I hid my phone somewhere 'PRIVATE' to prevent a recurrence of such.

"Hello?" I tapped at the door of the appartment waiting for someone to reply but the door only creaked open to my amazement. I followed my instincts and went inside. The one room appartment was rather untidy with different cloths hanging at every corner of the room. What suprised me was that these cloths were male's.
Has Taiwo given me the wrong address?
I took a glance at the mattress on the other side of the room. I saw a phone which was vibrating. I picked it up and what I saw was rather hypertensive. It was no doubt Femi's phone because there were 55 missed calls shown on the screen and also, the wallpaper was a picture of Aisha.

I was still browsing through the phone when the appartment door opened widely. And standing there was...

"Mike??" I was perplexed. But before I could say another word, I felt a heavy blow on my forehead. It felt as if a heavy object was knocked on my skull.

There was blackout...
Re: Roomates by codedbaby(f): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
following closely
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
codedbaby: following closely

welcome sis
Re: Roomates by hassan85(m): 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
wow... they are getting closer sha very close...I pray de don't hot her much
Re: Roomates by azcute(m): 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
omoshelwa i swear u r a good writer...am really enjoying it,,,i wish d update could b more faster
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
hassan85: wow... they are getting closer sha very close...I pray de don't hot her much

Very close to what?
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
azcute: omoshelwa i swear u r a good writer...am really enjoying it,,,i wish d update could b more faster

I'm trying my best to give you the best sis. Tnks love
Re: Roomates by missuniverse(f): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
wtf d hell is Mike doing in Leo's supposed apartment

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Survival Of The Curse. A Werewolf Story. / Unwanted- Safarigirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.