Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Roomates - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roomates (72103 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roomates by hassan85(m): 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
omoshelwa: .

Very close to what?
,b4 now nobody has a clue... know taiwo will remember where she Cynthia went to...I just things should make sense soon b4 no 1 knew at all where femi was
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
hassan85: ,b4 now nobody has a clue... know taiwo will remember where she Cynthia went to...I just things should make sense soon b4 no 1 knew at all where femi was

hmmm right.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
Melancholy: Tara is not worth this tragedy scene around her nau. I believe we all humans whose decisions sometimes subjugated us to unwarranted situations, so omoshalewa i implore ur golden pen to take things easy with her ooo

it's not my fault o. Just following the story line
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
seunviju: Maruwa don jam okada.Welldone sis,thanks for the update

tnks for reading dearest
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
hassan85: morning omoshalewa How was ur night. don't really know much about u and am sorry for asking u to update more dan u can yesterday. I never knew u were in exams... How was it and How has it been?? Thanks for d updates.

well, that has been the reason for the late updates
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
missuniverse: wtf d hell is Mike doing in Leo's supposed apartment

Infact, I am surprised too
Re: Roomates by jummy604: 11:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
God i hope mike wont rape/kill her

1 Like

Re: Roomates by kedikenet(f): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
just when you think you have idea what. will happen next she just burst your bubbles, nice work girl I'm really enjoying this novel .keep it up

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
omoshelwa now you're going mysterious with this... hmmm...like it, no love it!
Re: Roomates by pweeeetychi: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
i pity cynthia, can't start imagining the funny things that might happen to her, she shouldn't have gone alone or better still should have told someone where she was going.
Re: Roomates by classicuju: 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
She kept her phone in private, so i gat nt to worry. But dat animal might molest her b4 help comes
Re: Roomates by Melancholy(m): 11:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
pweeeetychi: i pity cynthia, can't start imagining the funny things that might happen to her, she shouldn't have gone alone or better still should have told someone where she was going.
there u go!

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 27, 2014
Tara Carlos

"You didn't let Aisha know about your father's demise . Wasn't that why she was angry?"

Sister Trisha came into my room immediately Aisha left. I had flunged myself on the bed wondering what's actually up with what Aisha said.
I had just finished reading the note my dad left for me which held so much advice and encouragement. It was so inspiring and thoughtful. I felt filthy and impure after reading the note.

I looked up at Sister Trisha to give her a reply
"My dad's death isn't something I would gleefully announce before my roomates. It really saddens me and telling them about it was the last thing my mind" I softly said.

Sister Trisha stared fixedly and intently at me. Then she crowned everything by sighing heavily.

"You should try and pull yourself together. This isn't the time you should be depressed. You should be strong to resume in good health"

"I know and I'm trying my best but I don't know why, I just feel somehow. I can't explain it."

"Dear, dear, You should empty any negative thought out of your head. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks so much."

She only smiled at that.
"And also, I need to remind you about the things you left where you were staying before. I have a hunch it isn't safe there. You should go and get it today okay?"

I nodded affirmatively. If hadn't done that, she might suspect something is actually wrong because she had offered to go with me this morning but I had told her I would go alone.
There is no other excuse I could give that won't arouse suspicion.
I don't know what to expect from Leo but I will still try my luck in going to his place.

"Lest I forget, I would be going out for dinner with my fiance at 7:00. I know you haven't met him before but you needn't worry. I have told him a lot about you already and he's so eager to meet you"
She sounded happy about this and I wouldn't want to spoil her mood with my brooding. I smiled cheerfully at her and she smiled back at me.

She left my room some minutes later and I relaxed my brain trying to think about what Aisha said earlier today. None of what she said made sense to me. It sounded like she was making things up to freak me out and I have to admit she really suceeded.
But when I think deeply about it again, it seems like she wasn't kidding. I had never seen her that furious before and I knew she wasn't acting it out.
I don't just get it.
I think I need to confirm what she really meant by Femi being kidnapped cos I can't fathom the message she was trying to pass. If Femi has really been kidnapped, why am I being held responsible? For what reason would I be inovlved in such scandal?
I think I would have to call Aisha and ask her what she meant by that.

"What?"
That was the first word Aisha uttered when she finally answered my call. It was the fifth call. I bet she was still furious.

"I am sorry Aisha but I couldn't get what you were trying to say when you came today."

There was silence for a period of time that I began to think she wasn't going to talk.

"Huh!? Really? You still think I will fall for your framed innocent tone? That isn't going to work anymore. I am sorry about your Dad but I can't help believing you hid under his cloak of death to carry out your evil plans!"

"Excuse me!" I was mad at her last statement. I don't want to bring my dad into this but i geussed that didn't appear in my voice.

"You heard me right Tara and I'm not taking back my words! I never knew you were a malevolent being! Just release Femi please. Please Tara. I'm begging you. I promise you I will stay out of your way if you do that" I knew she was already sobbing cos her voice seemed muffled

"Aisha!" I screamed, this is more serious than I imagined. "I don't know anything about this. I have no idea about what you are talking about. I swear!"

"Liar! Quit pretending and admit it! You connived with some jerks to Kidnap Femi!"

"Aisha, that isn't so. I don't know where you get those ideas from but it certainly isn't me who kidnapped Femi. Believe me, just this once." I could feel the softness in my voice. I could feel drops of salty fluid fell on my cheeks. I never knew I was crying. My voice had become rather hoarse.

"You are so deceitful!"

And the line was dead.

I sobbed helplessly although I was trying not to. I knew nohing could take away the grief in me. It was like my grief had been doubled.

"Tara?" Sister Trisha was standing at the door way. I hurriedly wiped the tears on my face with the sleeve of my blouse but it was too late. She saw the tears.

"What is wrong again?" she asked concernedly. She sounded angry and I knew I was to be blamed. She thought I was crying about my Dad.

"Nothing... I'm okay." I stood up adjusted my dress although it needs no adjustment. I tried to avoid her boring stares.

"I think I need to get out and get my things now"....

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 27, 2014
jummy604: God i hope mike wont rape/kill her

Let's hope he won't suceed even if he tries to
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2014
kedikenet: just when you think you have idea what. will happen next she just burst your bubbles, nice work girl I'm really enjoying this novel .keep it up

Tnks so very much, I'm honoured.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2014
pweeeetychi: i pity cynthia, can't start imagining the funny things that might happen to her, she shouldn't have gone alone or better still should have told someone where she was going.

Abi now. Welcome sischeesy
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 27, 2014
Fantasywrita: omoshelwa now you're going mysterious with this... hmmm...like it, no love it!

Oh brother! It has been a while. Thanks for the compliment and welcome back
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 27, 2014
classicuju: She kept her phone in private, so i gat nt to worry. But dat animal might molest her b4 help comes

you are kinda right sis
Re: Roomates by azcute(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Really getting intersting!
Re: Roomates by hassan85(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2014
Weldon!
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
men i feel for Tara oo,
its like d whole word is agaisnt her.

thats it when u ar caught doing bad thing u will aways b d bad person no matter how hard u try to show ur innocent

2 Likes

Re: Roomates by sayocruz(f): 7:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Waitn óoOooooooOooooooooooo
Re: Roomates by EllaGold35(f): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
OMOSHALEWA....
pls update nw cry

2 Likes

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ayodele Jolade Kehinde

"Is Cynthia home yet?" I rushed inside Taiwo's room and threw the question at him in a defeaning voice. Taiwo had slept already and I don't need to guess that I woke him up with my voice. He squinted his gaze sluggishly and I sat on his bed with a ray of hope blaring accross my mind, wishing Taiwo would make me smile with those magical four letter words "YEAH".

Aisha was right behind with a fixed expression on her pretty face and I could read through her expression that she was hoping for the same answer. She looked rather tired, worn out, worried and pitiful. I know I look worse. We had both walked to the main street countless times waiting for Cynthia to hop out of a vehicle. It was fruitless.

"You said?" he asked.

"Is Cynthia home yet?"

"No."

"What!" I was not really shocked as I was half expecting that but I had to scream out because the ray of light I had left just went off.

"Jola, would you quit disturbing and let me get some sleep? She would be back, okay? Now if you'd be a nice girl, you will go out and let me go back to embracing the goddess of slumber. Night" he dropped his head on the pillow and I knew he had dozed off.

I glanced over at Aisha, she was staring at me too. We went out of Taiwo's room with despair filled hearts.

I glanced at the big wall clock on the living room's wall and that got my nerves standing upright in my body. The time was 11:59 Pm

"What are we going to do?" I asked Aisha. Her clueless expression told me she has no answer to that.

"Jola. You worry too much. Cynthia told us she was going to her Uncle's place. Maybe she decided to have a sleepover after having so much fun." She stopped for a while to check if her words sank into my worried head but I just looked at her blankly

"Why isn't her number reacheable then?" I asked.

"There are lots of answers to that. Maybe her battery is flat or the poor network service is merely confirming your geuss" Aisha lectured

"You have no idea the magnitude of repugnance Cynthia felt for her Uncle's place. She hates it passionately. She wouldn't go back there for anything. I was even surprised when she said she was going back there. Sleeping over at the place is what I know Cynthia won't do."

"Jola, We have had enough troubles for days, let's not double our troubles. Let's just remain calm and pretend everything is okay"

But I know everything isn't OKAY

"I think Cynthia is hiding something. Don't you think so too?"

"I don't think so. I don't know, Jola. You know what? We'd be going to Cynthia's Uncle's place tommorow and you'll find Cynthia there as healthy as you had never imagined her to be. So, let's get some sleep and have nice dreams."

I rose from where I sat gently and pushed myself up the stairs. Aisha also climbed with me, It was a relief I wouldn't be sleeping alone. This would be my first sleepover with Aisha.

"Are you sure your mum has given her full consent about you sleeping here?" I asked Aisha to confirm and to change the topic.

"Your presence at my house today cheered her up a lot. I'm not used to making friends, I think she is glad I am making friends."

We went up the stairs silently but with different thoughts

"Is this your idea of some kind of joke?" Cynthia's Uncle's coarse voice left me dumbfounded.

"This isn't any Joke sir. Cynthia stated your place as her destination yesterday but she didn't come back so we decided to come over here." Aisha said calmly when I was unable to find my words.

The man wiped his sweating forehead with the back of his palm. I could feel his eyes bore into both of us and tearing our flesh apart violently.

"Young lady." He pointed a shaky index finger at me. "You took Cynthia away from here. There is no mistake about that. I want my niece back! ASAP!" He roared loudly.

There was violence in his voice.
I felt sick and dizzy. The giddiness was enveloped by nausea. Is this really happening?

"Honey, what is going on here?" The plump, round faced woman I had seen the other day walked out of a room sounding worried. I knew she must be his wife.
Cynthia's Uncle ignored his wife and stared at me.

Aisha stood up aggresively
"For goodness sake are you accusing US of her dissapearance? Let me remind you, Cynthia had to leave your place because you made her feel miserable. You fufilled neither of your promises to her. Why are you pretending like you really care?" Aisha pointed at me. "She was trying to help a melancholy roomate, but she ended up having the whole blame shoved in her lap, just because SHE CARES"

Before I could say "A", Aisha was already shoving me out of the compund.

"So, have you found her?" Taiwo asked when we stepped inside the sitting room.

"Her uncle said she hadn't been to his place." Aisha replied. I geussed I was still stunned. We slumped in different sofas.

"Her Uncle? I thought she said she was going to your other roommate's place"

"Tara?" I asked curiously

"Yeah, she asked me for her address.."
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
azcute:
Really getting intersting!

Yeah!!!!
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
hassan85:
Weldon!

Tnks!
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
snowprince07:
men i feel for Tara oo,
its like d whole word is agaisnt her.

thats it when u ar caught doing bad thing u will aways b d bad person no matter how hard u try to show ur innocent

That's it! I love love that, was expecting something like this
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
EllaGold35:
OMOSHALEWA....
pls update nw cry

sowie... I'm hia now
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
sayocruz:
Waitn óoOooooooOooooooooooo

updating oooooo0oooooooooo0ooo
Re: Roomates by classicuju: 5:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
Cynthia should be back ooo, Tara is in hot soup...... pls Tara shld b fleed frm prblms
Re: Roomates by EllaGold35(f): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
omoshelwa:

sowie... I'm hia now
cheesy ...oya update..
Re: Roomates by Savigne(f): 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
I've got to say you are good maam
keep it up...we dey your back

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Adventure With The Slay Queen's / The Abandoned Child / Mended Hearts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.