Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . (20043 Views)

An Atheist In Love With A Christian / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by henryobinna(m): 6:38am On Jun 28, 2014
e don happen
these muslims should at least be tolerant of other people's belief n faith

4 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by penny01502: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2014
rally! too bad am a polytheist I believe in ifaa and other gods

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2014
Nairaland!!! eeyah... wetin happen to una? nawa o
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Trojan00(m): 6:40am On Jun 28, 2014
May God save us from the mental slavery and intellectual indolence that has befallen mankind especially we black monkies (Nigerians). How can you people be supporting this sort of thing.? What makes you people different from the phariseas that condemned Jesus for his ideological beliefs which was a slight departure from the Conservative Judaism. You people are the reason atheism thrives cause your behaviour towards people who dnt share your beliefs is so contradictory to what your books teach you. May God forgive you all for you know not what you are doing.

5 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by cooljude(m): 6:42am On Jun 28, 2014
They should release him with immediate effect. He has the right to decide what he believes. The people calling him insane, what proove do they have that thier religion is the best. This is really stupid.

6 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Daniel058(m): 6:45am On Jun 28, 2014
Seeing the way of life of most muslem...i prefer atheist to a muslem...don't ban me MOD....this is no offence,just the way i think........

4 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by henryobinna(m): 6:50am On Jun 28, 2014
Daniel058 :
Seeing the way of life of most muslem...i prefer atheist to a muslem...don't ban me MOD....this is no offence,just the way i think........
why are you guys so afraid of these MODs banning, do they ban people anyhow anytime? its like they want another attack
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Onyegecha(f): 6:54am On Jun 28, 2014
This post sound so un-Christlike. yOU NEED REPENTANCE.
Ceasar1: Give Your Life to Christ, Ediot!

4 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Islie: 6:54am On Jun 28, 2014
so, where is his freedom of worship and association gone toooo

atleast he has followed his path..... so let him be

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by pcaptain38(f): 6:55am On Jun 28, 2014
My Heart goes out to everyone who has been affected in one way or the other by bombing in nigeria
watch and comment @assurancemama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ8uAlQsU6c
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by stanech: 7:01am On Jun 28, 2014
Thought there is freedom of worship in Nigeria
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nche95(m): 7:09am On Jun 28, 2014
i'm not an Atheist, but i dont like this. i hate this. where is the freedom belief and worship?
with this kind of mentality, the whites will continue been ahead of us.

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by delishpot: 7:11am On Jun 28, 2014
Ceasar1: Give Your Life to Christ, Ediot!

Perfect example of Christian that make people wonder. Why am I suprised the man dumped christianity too? Well the anserw stares us in the face.
Gods armies. Let christ call him. We do not insult people who dont give their lives to christ. We pray for them. You sir also need to give your life to christ judging by your comment. You do not know the christ of whom you speak and curse people for.

4 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Techwriter: 7:11am On Jun 28, 2014
[size=18pt]They removed my comment that didnt violate any rule. Na waoooh some people are really afraid of loosing people to christianity. SO even some moderators are die-hard fanatics[/size]

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by jerryjere(m): 7:14am On Jun 28, 2014
mazaje: A Nigerian man has been incarcerated in a mental health institution by his family after saying he had lost his belief in God.

Mubarak Bala, 29, is said to have been forcibly medicated for "insanity" for nearly two weeks, despite a doctor's opinion that he has no psychological problems.

Campaigners are calling for his release and say the case highlights the fact that atheists are a persecuted minority in many African countries.

Bala's Twitter account uses the handle "ExMuslim", and his profile says: "Chemical Process Engineer. I stand for Truth&Justice. Religion insults human conscience &reason, duped me that I hav another lifetime. AgnosticAtheist."

He lives in Kano in Nigeria's predominantly Muslim north. The state adopted sharia law in 2000 and has a strict Islamic police force called the Hisbah.

When Bala told his family that he had renounced Islam, they took him to a doctor and asked if he was mentally ill, according to the International Humanist and Ethical Union, which has taken up the case. The doctor gave him a clean bill of health, but the family turned to a second doctor, who said his atheism was a side-effect of a personality change.

The family allegedly told the doctor that he had also made delusional claims that he was a "governor" and other "trivial lies". Bala was subsequently admitted to the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital on 13 June and has since been held there against his will.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/25/nigerian-man-locked-up-atheist?CMP=twt_gu
why are they disturbing their selves they should leave the man alone with is believed
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Atmmachine(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2014
So, non christians will inherit hell fire
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by DikSin(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2014
He said kettle is black, you're suggesting agbari ojukwu pot. Mtcheew.
#iHaveMyReligion
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Silensa(m): 7:19am On Jun 28, 2014
Chemical Process Engineer. I stand for Truth &Justice. Religion insults human conscience &reason, duped me that I hav another lifetime.
AgnosticAtheist''
this declaration is coming from me, hope I will be detained. Btw why fight for your God

3 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Kingdom18: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2014
Ishilove:
cheesy cheesy
cheesy
Atheist ko, there is God o!
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by DikSin(m): 7:26am On Jun 28, 2014
DikSin: He said kettle is black, you're suggesting agbari ojukwu pot. Mtcheew.
#iHaveMyReligion

I just quoted an ediot in my above quotation. Why remove his quote? Now you've made mine look like an aside. I need a damn good reason why you act that way
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by agrovick(m): 7:30am On Jun 28, 2014
Team free mubarak

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by DocAdray(f): 7:30am On Jun 28, 2014
Isn't there freedom of religion anymore?
SMH...

Whatever happened to 'Live, and Let Live'!

3 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by johnwizey: 7:39am On Jun 28, 2014
Dey need to trace the IP of some nairalanders here and forget them in prison..
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Waspy(m): 7:44am On Jun 28, 2014
Sh!t..... I was dead scared... Thought it was our Oga @ the top grin
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 28, 2014
It's always Islam and its Muslim drones on the News!

First someone from sudan was sentenced to death for leaving Islam.

Ali Sina became a victim of one of those death fatwas for speaking against his former belief, Islam.

Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, e.t.c don't behave like this. Just the same radical fellows responsible for most of the terrors we are facing.

To be honest, Mubarak really got it right there: Religion insults human conscience and reason!!

6 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 28, 2014
Give Your Life to Christ, Ediot!
You are really insane.

2 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 28, 2014
Am a christian and an Ardent believer in the existence of God but if someone chooses to be an Atheist then it is his will and should be respected. However, the person should ensure not to insult the God or god others believe in.
Thought we have human right commission in this country

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Atigba: 7:56am On Jun 28, 2014
This is what you get when living around religions wakos.exactly what is happening to me in my office they think am insane for not believing any religion but they are all hyprocrates praying every day even in the office stealing government money

19 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 28, 2014
I dont see any reason why a man should be locked up simply because he does not believe in a foreign religion that belongs to the Arabs and Jews that was imposed on his ancestors.

Nigerian's are so damn brainwashed and backwards.

SMFDH.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest / Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / Ghana Bishop Sam Owusu Apologizes To Jerry Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.