Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . (20042 Views)

An Atheist In Love With A Christian / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Weah96: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
Bome01: Can U imagine, U don turn Jesus to Mesuya?!

I'm just repeating what he said with his own mouth. It's either his way to heaven, or the barbeque grill with you. There is no middle ground. Believing that there is a God won't save anyone from being roasted, unless that God is Jesus.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by mazaje(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Weah96:

I'm just repeating what he said with his own mouth. It's either his way to heaven, or the barbeque grill with you. There is no middle ground. Believing that there is a God won't save anyone from being roasted, unless that God is Jesus.

What's the need for believing in god when if you believe in the wrong god you will still perish in hell with the atheist? That's assuming the lie that religious people keep bandying around is true. . .

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by TheBigUrban2: 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
mazaje:

What's the need for believing in god when if you believe in the wrong god you will still perish in hell with the atheist? That's assuming the lie that religious people keep bandying around is true. . .

Majaze, you promised to meet up but.....

Anyhoo, i think you will find this thread interesting

https://www.nairaland.com/1791708/islam-failed-globally
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Weah96: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
mazaje:

Another evidence that religion is artificial. The bible teaches that the person who says there is no God is a fool, yet it also says that accepting Jesus as Lord is the only way to heaven. This means that the followers of Mohammed, by believing in God are NOT fools like me, even though we are both headed to hellfire together. The writers didn't properly think a lot of this s)hit through.

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
davidylan:

Sigh. the usual thoughtless knee-jerk reaction. Note that i did not at any point say that only a specific set of people are allowed to post here. However, since the topic of the thread is a MUSLIM reaction to atheism and there EXISTS a muslim section specifically dedicated to discussing muslim issues... shouldn't this thread be posted in the muslim section instead? Simple question that did not warrant the foaming in the mouth straw man arguments.

Good luck.

NO! NEVER!

Mac will ban it! and prevent the truth from escaping! angry

He did that to one of most high-level controversial threads once.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by TheBigUrban2: 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

NO! NEVER!

As controversial as this one?
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

As controversial as this one?

No this is nothing. Even worse.

It was nothing to do with contemporary islam.

That thread went directly into the Hadeeth itself.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by TheBigUrban2: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

No this is nothing. Even worse.

It was nothing to do with contemporary islam.

That thread went directly into the Hadeeth itself.

aahh....the hadith

The book of stoning, slavery and floggings
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by mazaje(m): 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Majaze, you promised to meet up but.....
Anyhoo, i think you will find this thread interesting

Bro my dad died(step dad), was very late had to fly from abuja directly, will halla at you when i touch down bro. . .
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by TheBigUrban2: 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
mazaje:

Bro my dad died(step dad), was very late had to fly from abuja directly, will halla at you when i touch down bro. . .

Yes, you told me. Sorry about that.

I was worried that you had gone back abroad
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by mazaje(m): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Yes, you told me. Sorry about that.

I was worried that you had gone back abroad

Am back abroad ,but will be in Nigeria in July. . this time we will meet up cos i will be in Nigeria till september. . . .
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
mazaje:

It involves an atheist and i choose to post it here, cry me a river. . .

Ridiculous. Read the post again... at no point is atheism a focus at all. Simply that posts that involve muslims should go to the section dedicated for them. But of course, i am already used to the hysterical dishonesty.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

NO! NEVER!

ok? Is that a rationale for posting muslim topics here now?
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Weah96: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
davidylan:

Who is a Muslim?
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
davidylan:

dont you understand English?

Also thats about atheists as well.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by bamto(m): 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Weah96:

Thanks for the invite, but for me, my conscience reigns supreme. I refuse to tell a lie to myself.

I'd be praying for you. Don't hesitate to come here and share the testimony when you see the light.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

dont you understand English?

Also thats about atheists as well.

I'm at loss as to what your "point" is. There is a muslim section where atheists can discuss their grievance with muslims there. The title is also terribly misleading... it makes it seem as if this is a general anti-atheist angst when in fact it is a problem that is specific to one muslim family. The dishonesty in threads like this is appalling.

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
davidylan:

I'm at loss as to what your "point" is. There is a muslim section where atheists can discuss their grievance with muslims there. The title is also terribly misleading... it makes it seem as if this is a general anti-atheist angst when in fact it is a problem that is specific to one muslim family. The dishonesty in threads like this is appalling.

Seeing the comments by some of your own xtian brethren here proves that THERE IS in fact a general anti-atheist angst in Nigeria .

and I told you before that this thread wont last in the muslim section, forget making it to FP.

so kindly use your head and stop arguing for the sake of it.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Afroconnect: 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
Atigba: This is what you get when living around religions wakos.exactly what is happening to me in my office they think am insane for not believing any religion but they are all hyprocrates praying every day even in the office stealing government money

I understand what you are going through,its so hard to see people living in self deceit and they expect you to respect their weak ways.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Guy, go and commit suicide in the islamic section if it is paining you.

This is about an athiest and it can be posted here as well.

We all know the eediocy and censorship that reigns supreme in the islam section.

I blame Seun for allowing that moderer of a mod to islamise everything

Its not as if you're any more tolerant of the opinions of others either. I mean... the pot calling the kettle black. Nauseating.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Seeing the comments by some of your own xtian brethren here proves that THERE IS in fact a general anti-atheist angst in Nigeria .

and I told you before that this thread wont last in the muslim section, forget making it to FP.

so kindly use your head and stop arguing for the sake of it.

and that is the fault of others how? Absurd.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

I see. You are a reetard for christ.

Where have I called for censorship for all criticisms of atheism like the islamic mod does?

Read your own posts and weep.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by LOVEGINO(m): 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
Wait o! Does Xtain Heaven/Hell different from Muslim Heaven/Hell? Religionist pls help cuz I wana know which 1 is favorable. Porting tinx grin

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Weah96: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
LOVEGINO: Wait o! Does Xtain Heaven/Hell different from Muslim Heaven/Hell? Religionist pls help cuz I wana know which 1 is favorable. Porting tinx grin

LOL. It must be different right? I mean, all Muslims will enter the Christian one for denying that Jesus is Lord and savior. Meanwhile, all Christians are headed to the Muslim one for ignoring the message of prophet you-know-who. Atheists will have to enter both. 6 months in the Christian one followed by 6 months in the Muslim one.

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 29, 2014
We Africans should really re-think a few things...
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by scaler345: 12:34am On Jun 30, 2014
My god is better than yours. QED!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest / Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / Happy Palm Sunday Nairalanders!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.