Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . (20044 Views)

An Atheist In Love With A Christian / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Sheenor: 9:39am On Jun 28, 2014
they should free him abeg.......dats his belief, dats is own wahala........
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by mike404(m): 10:08am On Jun 28, 2014
HE MUST BE A PHILOSOPHER
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by gbegudujo: 10:15am On Jun 28, 2014
Wait a minute 29 yrs old ? except if he is living with the parent, becos me o if i say i m not going to church or mosque...abeg i never see the person wey wan con hold me go by force...

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Jman06(m): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2014
Blaody hypocritessad! What other evil has religion not done to Nigeria? Yet some brainwashed simpletons would not let reasonable guys be for not joining them in chewing their cud of religious bigotry.#TeamBringBackOurMubarak

2 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2014
Nigeria is surely a danger Zone.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Judas2013: 10:35am On Jun 28, 2014
Education and more education is all we need. Children are becoming more sensible than their parents. What a shame this guys has to pay for being intelligent .

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 28, 2014
Madman no go ever gree say en mad. grin grin

An atheist could be mad too, and if this is the case here, then the mad man will obviously claim that he is being persecuted for his religious beliefs....and not the obvious skoinskoin wey dey worry en medulla
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Weah96: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2014
bamto:

That should tell you Christianity is just not another religion. No one born of a woman ever uttered such words: I am THE way, THE truth and THE life; no one comes to the Father but by me.' and still has legions of followers. He was either mad, bad or truly God.

He that believes on him is not condemned but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Weah96, Wisdom calls. Rejecting Him is accepting eternal damnation. Accept him today. Tomorrow may be too late.

Thanks for the invite, but for me, my conscience reigns supreme. I refuse to tell a lie to myself.

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by roqrules04(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2014
Not cool
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Noledge: 11:13am On Jun 28, 2014
Freedom of worship..wateva
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2014
Atigba: This is what you get when living around religions wakos.exactly what is happening to me in my office they think am insane for not believing any religion but they are all hyprocrates praying every day even in the office stealing government money

grin

2 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by scaler345: 11:15am On Jun 28, 2014
This is sheer stupidity. Is Allah/God impotent? Why would any human want to fight for a deity? Cant they phuckin fight for themselves?

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Karleb(m): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2014
This is wrong, really wrong. This is Nigeria and not an Arabic country.

In Nigeria, one of our fundamental 'woman rice' is the right to the religion of your choice and if you don't see any reason to believe in any G/god then, so be it.

Beign a xtian or Muslim is quite different from being a fanatic. angry
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Weah96: 11:27am On Jun 28, 2014
scaler345: Is Allah/God impotent? Why would any human want to fight for a deity? Cant they phuckin fight for themselves?

They're not real. If Jesus was real, he would have set fire to Vatican city, just on account of the thousands and thousands of little boys who were sodomized on Vatican and church property by holy men. Instead he's revealing prophecies to people about Sanusi, Wizkid, and Manchester United FC. I no get sand for cranium.

2 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by RAO1(m): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2014
With all he's seeing around him,he still believes THERE IS NO GOD
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by scaler345: 11:44am On Jun 28, 2014
Weah96:

They're not real. If Jesus was real, he would have set fire to Vatican city, just on account of the thousands and thousands of little boys who were sodomized on Vatican and church property by holy men. Instead he's revealing prophecies to people about Sanusi, Wizkid, and Manchester United FC. I no get sand for cranium.
You forgot Goldie....
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Dcmg(m): 11:56am On Jun 28, 2014
"I'm sickened by all religions.Religion has divided people.I don't think there's any difference between the pope wearing a big hat and parading around with smoking purse And an African painting his face white and praying to a Rock"----Howard Stem
"This is my simple religion;There's no need for temples,no need for complicated philosophy.Our own brain,our own heart is our temple,the philosophy is Kindness"----Dalai Lama
I choose to agree with this,i follow my conscience.I dnt need any organized religion.My religion is love,peace,kindness and live let others live.
I mean,religion has done more harm than good.So i refuse to be brainwashed about any Fvcking religion.

3 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by redsun(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
In actual sense it is his family and the psychiatric hospital that admitted on that ground that needs thorough psychiatric evaluations.

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by freethinker01: 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
usba: christians are very good in concealing their evil, in Jordan a christian man killed his own daughter for converting to Islam, in sri lanka budhist are attacking muslims and recently christians, in new york a christian murdered a woman for being a witch etc the lists are endless, it seems the media only finds muslim related story as being juicy or out of a deliberate policy, and hence the numerous evils christians do go unnoticed!
buh on a more serious note, the both religions are the worst things that have happened to humanity.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2014
Dcmg: "I'm sickened by all religions.Religion has divided people.I don't think there's any difference between the pope wearing a big hat and parading around with smoking purse And an African painting his face white and praying to a Rock"----Howard Stem
"This is my simple religion;There's no need for temples,no need for complicated philosophy.Our own brain,our own heart is our temple,the philosophy is Kindness"----Dalai Lama
I choose to agree with this,i follow my conscience.I dnt need any organized religion.My religion is love,peace,kindness and live let others live.
I mean,religion has done more harm than good.So i refuse to be brainwashed about any Fvcking religion.
...so you mean the best way of convincing us of atheism is by attacking the philosophies of the believers?....come back here when you can write your reasons for atheism without referencing a religion. A lot of atheists don't actually have their own fundamental, they make their best arguments by discredited the ingenuity of religion. I believe in God NOT BECAUSE atheism is bad but because i believe in the Word of God. 'I have come to come to give you life, and to give you in abundance'....
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by finofaya: 12:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
What we have in our constitution is freedom of religion, not freedom from it. So any of you atheists on here that proclaims in the real world that there is no god will get his. Ask Mubarak.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
The man is an atheist. let him be.

I have heard of atheists in this country who keep their atheism hidden because if their familes found out, they would be ''taken for deliverance'' or ostracized. Indeed, you have to express some form of belief in God to survive.(I say this because I see some Christians saying ''Only Muslims will do such a thing''. Rubbish....even Christians will do same)

Now, I am a Christian, and a born again one for that matter. But that does not mean I must force someone to believe in God, or in my concept of divinity. If you want to talk to me about being saved through faith by Jesus's grace and power, fine. If not, then proceed with your life. You are even free to call my belief in God misguided, and even free to insult my religion or God. God id not harmed by how we abuse him or insult him; rather he wants us to turn away from sin so that we glorify his name and benefit ourselves.

I think in this country we have to learn to tolerate those who do not think as we do....because my experience on Nigerian based comment sites since 2011 has taught me that Nigerians are some of the most intolerant people on earth.

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
Dcmg: "I'm sickened by all religions.Religion has divided people.I don't think there's any difference between the pope wearing a big hat and parading around with smoking purse And an African painting his face white and praying to a Rock"----Howard Stem

Actually,man's propensity to intolerance is what has divided people from time immemorial....not religion[i] per se.[/i].

(P.S...Ironic that you an atheist quotes a religious leader to make your point....though Buddhists can be somewhat regarded as atheists grin )
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Dantedasz(m): 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
Let the poor man be freed from the mental institution. He has a right to believe in what he wants to believe in.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Dcmg(m): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
Samakinr:
...so you mean the best way of convincing us of atheism is by attacking the philosophies of the believers?....come back here when you can write your reasons for atheism without referencing a religion. A lot of ath
eists don't actually have their own fundamental, they make their best arguments by discredited the ingenuity of religion. I believe in God NOT BECAUSE atheism is bad but because i believe in the Word of God. 'I have come to come to give you life, and to give you in abundance'....
Who is confincing you to atheism?Infact if someone should ask you about me,tell him or her i dnt know what atheism mean,tell them i dnt know what religion mean but all i know is the philosophy of kindness,love,peace and the right to life.
I won't answer your question about atheism and religion,but i think some has an answer for you here:
"It is an interesting and demonstrable fact that all children are atheists and if religion were not inculcated into their minds,we would remain So----Ernestine Rose

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by olashas(f): 1:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
Trojan00: May the good God you claim to worship punish you for this statement. If the guy converted frm Islam to Christianity or vice versa you would jump to his defence. Jesus christ and prophet Muhammed (saw) did not teach you people to be so intolerant towards other people's beliefs
Word
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
Dcmg: Who is confincing you to atheism?Infact if someone should ask you about me,tell him or her i dnt know what atheism mean,tell them i dnt know what religion mean but all i know is the philosophy of kindness,love,peace and the right to life.
I won't answer your question about atheism and religion,but i think some has an answer for you here:
"It is an interesting and demonstrable fact that all children are atheists and if religion were not inculcated into their minds,we would remain So----Ernestine Rose
...okay sir. Jesus will still be there
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Dcmg(m): 1:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
Samakinr:
...so you mean the best way of convincing us of atheism is by attacking the philosophies of the believers?....come back here when you can write your reasons for atheism without referencing a religion. A lot of atheists don't actually have their own fundamental, they make their best arguments by discredited the ingenuity of religion. I believe in God NOT BECAUSE atheism is bad but because i believe in the Word of God. 'I have come to come to give you life, and to give you in abundance'....
"I believe in God.,but not as one thing,not as an old man in the sky.I beieve that what people call God is something in all of us.I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right.Its just that the translation have gone wrong----John Lennon
"God has no Religion"----Mahatma Gandhi.
DoroGrab?
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Dcmg(m): 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Actually,man's propensity to intolerance is what has divided people from time immemorial....not religion[i] per se.[/i].

(P.S...Ironic that you an atheist quotes a religious leader to make your point....though Buddhists can be somewhat regarded as atheists grin )
"We have just enough religion to make us hate,but not enough to make us love one another"---Jonathan Swift.True or false?
Tell me why christians and muslims keep insulting and fighting each other and they want us to beleive they are serving the same God.Like seriously,dnt you think religion is just like politics?
It there any difference btw Islam/Christianity and PDP/APC.All beleive they are the best.Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by RiffRaff: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
When 1 person is Delusional, it is called INSANITY. When a Group of people are Delusional, we call it Religion.
Wen delusional people start remandin the rational people in mental institution then you should know that something is wrong with the world as we know it.
Till date human are yet to see evidence or a single shred of proof for the existance of this supanatural diety called God.
People who claim to talk to him are talking to themselves cuz he neva talk back.
Religious books are mythologically stories. D word of God written by Men.
Should we start sending people to Mental asylum for not takin willy willy, harry potter, santa claus & madam koi koi seriously? These fictional characters are the same wit God cuz we av no proof for any of em watsoeva.
They say "A Fool says in in heart that their is no God"
I Say "An Cretineous I.mbecile wil believe anythin witout a single shred of evidence"
In d Beginnin was Man, Man made God in his own image that is why all these Gods in religious fairytale book like Bible & Quran are jelous, petty, vindictive, Homocidal & totally unreasonable.
D fear of God is d begginin of Ignorance.
Thomas Jefferson once said Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest / Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / Ghana Bishop Sam Owusu Apologizes To Jerry Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.