Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156215 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
[quote author=safarigirl post=39088138]
Modified
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
A thunderous effort from Anumudu but saved by the USA keeper.
Good save from Udoh,the Nigerian keeper.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
safarigirl:
wrong thread. this is the U17 thread
Modified
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
Chukwueze replaces Bamgboye at 80th minute.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
NRIPRIEST:
A thunderous effort from Anumudu but saved by the USA keeper.
Good save from Udoh,the Nigerian keeper.
Thats the spirit of Rashidi Yekini at work, he must come alive in one of these young lads.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
I like the maturity of skipper Nwakali.
Anumudu is calm and confident at left back.

Osimehin is full of energy.
Ebere is a workaholic.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
A USA player bags a red for a foul on Osimehin,the Nigerian dangerman.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
US player red carded for matching Osimehins thigh.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
Okonkwo in for Osimehin as we approach the final minute.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
Average team to be honest.... Nothing great
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
Congratulations to d lads! Hope to see an improved team in our next match.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
tbaba1234:
Average team to be honest.... Nothing great
u're right sir. the last sets were d best we've had in recent history. Seeing this team play makes me appreciate what Garba did in discovering world beaters... I hope this team proves us wrong.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
NRIPRIEST:

How you wan take wife person wey you never see her picture...Niggas need to quit that thirsty sshit.
who tell you say e never see my picture? I've been here 6 years, enough people don see me
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 11:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
3 points in the bag poor team or not we go pass group stage and if d boys improve we will retain d cup

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 11:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
AIG07:
make we no wake d sleeping dog jare... T seems u're now back
still not back to Abuja, but I'm trying my best to post on nairaland. How did u see our boys performance today? I mean d golden Eaglets
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Not So Fast Baba When Even Their Senior Brothers Never Smell The Super Eagles Team
if u watch those 2 guys very well u ll agree with me, they are exciting players and with proper management should be able to graduate without stress to d super Eagles
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:01am On Oct 18, 2015
To me the boys did great! They moved the boy effortlessly and dominated a pretty good American team. Aside from the misses it was a very impressive performance. Our No. 9 to me is very decent he started poorly with a big miss but his goal finish showed wisdom beyond his years and he can play by himself being that he is skillful.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:17am On Oct 18, 2015
AIG07:
u're right sir. the last sets were d best we've had in recent history. Seeing this team play makes me appreciate what Garba did in discovering world beaters... I hope this team proves us wrong.
They may nt b as smashing as d last set bt they are still good enough to challenge for the title. They may nt b as fast or as counter attacking like the last set bt i saw maturity, composure, good passing abilities and great team work. They also lack an Iheanacho kind of attacking midfielder.

The USA presented a descent team anyways.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:21am On Oct 18, 2015
NRIPRIEST:
Okonkwo in for Osimehin as we approach the final minute.

Which one b Osimehin u don dey mention since abi u wan turn him to Yoruba ni?
His name is OSIMHEN.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:47am On Oct 18, 2015
safarigirl:
who tell you say e never see my picture? I've been here 6 years, enough people don see me

Well,happy married life in advance,miss feisty.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Mustack: 9:19am On Oct 18, 2015
Icon4s:

Which one b Osimehin u don dey mention since abi u wan turn him to Yoruba ni? His name is OSIMHEN.
the poor boy copy the name of my street..
osime
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 9:39am On Oct 18, 2015
Very bad team
we will be lucky to make it out of the group
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Mustack: 10:25am On Oct 18, 2015
enomakos:
Very bad team
yes they'll improve with time
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:10am On Oct 18, 2015
Mustack:

the poor boy copy the name of my street..

osime

Osime street where?
I know one Osime street in Sari Iganmu, Lagos.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:12am On Oct 18, 2015
enomakos:
Very bad team

Useless post.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2015
Nigeria is top of the group with 3 points. Chile and Croatia shared points in a 1-all draw yesterday.

Korea PR won Brazil as well in their group. So, after 4 games, Nigeria and Korea are the only teams with wins
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by 4nobody4every1: 11:46am On Oct 18, 2015
cool cool
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Horus(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfmw1WuiW-E

[size=15pt]Nigeria vs USA under 17 world cup 2015 goals[/size]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
mikron:
still not back to Abuja, but I'm trying my best to post on nairaland. How did u see our boys performance today? I mean d golden Eaglets

i'll rate their performance a little bit above average compared to d last set... Though they possessed d yanks through out d match and we came out a better side.
The team needs an amf in order of nacho'13 who can spring killer passes for osimhen cos that dude is a fine finisher... Looking forward to the next game
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
Did you watch the match between Chile vs Croatia before you made this conclusion at all?
enomakos post=
39098218:

Very bad team

That team is not bad. A team that qualified for FIFA U17 World Cup from the CAF U17 AYC, can not be termed a bad team. We met a stiff American side that made things very difficult for our boys.
I quit understand where your frustrations are coming from; the past set of U17, actually set a good standard and a void that would require world best team to fill. Am just of the opinion that, Coach Emmanuel Amunike did not do a goog scouting job of while selecting and assembling a good team. This present U17 is not a true reflection of the many talents that abound in this part of the World. I am very sure that, if one visits just 10 Secondary Schools, it should be enough to find atleast good wingers that will outshine what was on display yesterday. However, it is too early for me to come to the conclusion, that the team is bad. It is not. There is still room for improvement.
With what was on display yesterday, its very sad, but I must that, it will be very hard for any one not to believe that the Coaching crew were not biased or sentimental in their final selection. Money, I guess may have changed hands, iiiisssshhh.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
Did you watch the match between Chile vs Croatia before you made this conclusion at all?
enomakos post=
39098218:

Very bad team

That team is not bad. A team that qualified for FIFA U17 World Cup from the CAF U17 AYC, can not be termed a bad team. We met a stiff American side that made things very difficult for our boys.
I quit understand where your frustrations are coming from; the past set of U17, actually set a good standard and a void that would require world best team to fill. Am just of the opinion that, Coach Emmanuel Amunike did not do a goog scouting job of while selecting and assembling a good team. This present U17 is not a true reflection of the many talents that abound in this part of the World. I am very sure that, if one visits just 10 Secondary Schools, it should be enough to find atleast good wingers that will outshine what was on display yesterday. However, it is too early for me to come to the conclusion, that the team is bad. It is not. There is still room for improvement.
With what was on display yesterday, its very sad, but I must that, it will be very hard for any one not to believe that the Coaching crew were not biased or sentimental in their final selection. Money, I guess may have changed hands, iiiisssshhh.
Enemakos u dey so? Its bin a y.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Top Group A As Chile, Croatia Draw 1-1
[/size]

Nigeria are topping the Group A of the 16th FIFA U17 World Cup after day-one matches, Completesportsnigeri a.com reports.
The Golden Eaglets thumped USA 2-0 in the first of the two Group A matches decided on Saturday at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago. Chukwudi Agor and Victor Osimhen scored both goals for Nigeria after a difficult first half.
Nigeria are on top of the group with three points. Croatia and Chile have one point apiece, and occupy the second and third positions respectively. USA, without any point and goal, sit at the bottom of the log.
Host nation, Chile and Croatia shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw in the second Group A match on Saturday in Santiago. Croatia captain Nikola Moro scored in the 8th minute, while Chile's Yerko Levia made it even in the 33rd minute.
The Group A teams will storm Estadio Sausalito inVina Del Mar on Tuesday, October 20, for their second round of matches. The first match of the day on Tuesday inVina Del Mar will be USA vs Croatia. Then host nation, Chile will take on title holders Nigeria in the second match.
Group A STANDING
P W D L GF GA GD PTS
NIGERIA 1 1 0 0 2 0‎ 2 3
CROATIA ‎ 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
CHILE 1 0 1 0‎ 1 1 0 1
USA 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/nigeria-top-group-a-as-chile-croatia-draw-1-1/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.