Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156836 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Amuneke Relishes First Game Win, USA Blame Errors
[/size]

Nigeria U17 coach, Emmanuel Amuneke has admitted that his Golden Eagles contended with a stiff USA challenge before recording a crucial first win as they started the defense of their FIFA U17 World Cup on Saturday in Santiago, Chile, Comple tesportsnigeria.com reports.
Chukwudi Agor and Victor Osimhen scored scored in the 50th and 61st minute respectively as the defending champions won 2-0 and the United States. Amuneke expressed his happiness at recording a morale-boosting win in their very first match of the World Cup.
"Considering it was the first match, I think it was a good game," Amuneke said in a post match interview with FIFA.com.
"At the beginning it was pretty even, everything very tactical, neither of us wanted to make a mistake. At half time I told my players to believe in themselves, and it worked, because we were more precise. Besides the three points, which are very important, I also liked that we kept our heads even when we could not get things going."
USA coach, Ritchie Williams while admitting to losing to a good Nigeria, blamed 'unfortunate errors' for his team's defeat.
"We are obviously disappointed because of the outcome. We played a good first half, we were balanced, solid and we even created some chance that we were not able to convert," Williams remarked.
"Nigeria scored two quick goals, but thank to unfortunate errors on our side. We were hoping to be more effective, but we lost against a good Nigerian team."
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/amuneke-relishes-first-game-win-usa-blame-errors/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
West Ham, Manchester City after Nigerian Youngster
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]

West Ham have joined English Premier League rivals Manchester City in the race for Nigeria Under 17 international Kelechi Nwakali, a llnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The Golden Eaglets star displayed his wares at the 2015 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations, scoring three goals which helped Nigeria qualify for the semi - finals of the competition and the ongoing FIFA U17s in Chile.
The Hammers suits were aware that Manchester City were a major contender for the signature of Nwakali and invited the midfielder and his intermediary, Klay Ekeocha, to London after the tournament in Niger Republic in their bid to see off interest from The Citizens.
West Ham had wanted Kelechi Nwakali to take a look at the club’s facilities prior to penning a preliminary contract which will become activated when he clocks 18 next summer, but national team duties with the Golden Eaglets prevented him from honouring the invitation.
As it is, it is right to say the Londoners have overtaken Manchester City in the scramble for the highly - rated teenager but a deal is far from being reached due to red - tape, or to put it another way, the work permit requirements recently introduced for the Premier League.
The transfer fee being discussed with West Ham is in the region of four million pounds.
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/west-ham-manchester-city-after-nigerian.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Self-Belief key to Golden Eaglets’ victory over USA – Amuneke
Imhons Erons
[/size]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-zkG2ucbaVeA/Vh4mp3bFrwI/AAAAAAAAAkE/iVFCpeJXzhk/s1600/Amuneke2.jpg[/img]
Reigning U-17 World Champions, Nigeria began their title defense with a composed 2-0 victory over USA in the Golden Eaglets’ opening match of the FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015.
· Two second half goals from Chukwudi Agor andVictor Osimhen secured the all-important three points for the Africans, with the coach of the side identifying a superior dose of team belief as the difference between the two teams.
·
Speaking to FIFA.com after the encounter, Emmanuel Amuneke was quoted as saying:
"Considering it was the first match, I think it was a good game. At the beginning it was pretty even, everything very tactical, neither of us wanted to make a mistake. At half time I told my players to believe in themselves, and it worked, because we were more precise.”
It was not all plain for the Nigerians who had to step up their game after ascoreless opening 45 minutes which saw plenty of chances go begging for both sides.
The Nigerian coach was however pleased with the way his boys earned all points on offer.
“Besides the three points, which are very important, I also liked that we kept our heads even when we could not get things going," Emmanuel Amuneke enthused.
No team is ever happy after a defeat and no one could be more disappointed than Richie Willams, USA’s coach after watching his wards succumbed in the second half after a promising first 45.
"We are obviously disappointed because of the outcome. We played a good first half, we were balanced, solid and we even created some chances that we were not able to convert.
Nigeria scored two quick goals, but thank to unfortunate errors on our side. We were hoping to be more effective, but we lost against a good Nigerian team," theUSA coach said.
The victory puts the Golden Eaglets top of a group that also has hosts Chile and Croatia.
Nigeria’s next game is against the hosts Chile, who only managed a 1-1 draw against Croatia also on Sunday.
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/self-belief-key-to-golden-eaglets.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria U17
USA coach admits they fell to good Eaglets side
[/size]

The coach regretted the chances his team lost, saying if they had converted them they would have affected the result of the game.
"We are obviously disappointed because of the outcome. We played a good first half, we were balanced, solid and we even created some chance that we were not able to convert,” said Richie Williams, whose team face Croatia on Tuesday in their second game of the competition.
“Nigeria scored two quick goals, but thanks to unfortunate errors on our side. We were hoping to be more effective, but we lost against a good Nigerian team."
Saturday’s result was a repeat of the only other clash between the two countries in 2001, when Nigeria also triumphed 2-0.

africanfootball.com//news/577219/USA-coach-admits-they-fell-to-good-Eaglets-side

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Chile 2015: Nigeria Should Stop Celebrating Success At Cadet Level – Gaiya
BY TAOFEEK LAWAL
[/size]

As Nigeria begins a quest for a 5th world title at the U-17 level in faraway Chile, a former Chairman of the House of Representatives on Sports, Honorable Geoffrey Ali Gaiya, has cautioned Nigeria to stop celebrating the success of the cadet team but rather concentrate more on how to transform the players to ‘world beaters’ at the senior level as is the practice among the leading football nations in the world. Gaiya in a telephone interview with LEADERSHIP Sunday as much as he would want Nigeria to win another title in Chile, he said winning at that level of the round-leather game should not be the ultimate but an avenue for the leadership Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to help the lads compete with their counterparts at the senior level in the nearest future.
Gaiya said “I pray and i hope that Nigeria wins for the 5th time because it is always a thing of delight that you are winning. But I am one of those who did not see winning at the cadet level as the ultimate gain. We have won 4 times and has it translated to success for us at the national level becoming the first in the world? I have seen (Lionel) Messi, (Angel) Di Maria and Sergio Aguero playing for their country. All these players at one time or the other were in the U-20 team and Olympic team of Argentina and they are still very much around. Where is our boys, where are the late Yemi Tella boys? John Mikel Obi is still around today, where are his contemporaries at the age grade level?
We must stop using our age grade competition as an ultimate goal. In fact, we have over celebrated success at that level to the detriment our football. When you win at U-17, you come back like a hero when you have not even started. I will be happy if they win but participation in such championship is a developmental project and if winning at that level gives us nothing at the national level, I’m sorry. The result at the cadet level should translate to success at the national level within 3 to 5 years and anything short of this mean we are deceiving ourselves,” he concludes.
Nigeria has won the competition in China ’85, Japan ’93, Korea 2007 and UAE 2013 coincidentally all on Asian soil
[/b]

leadership.ng/sports/467858/chile-2015-nigeria-should-stop-celebrating-success-at-cadet-level-gaiya

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
I know it's kinda early to say but I have a pretty strong feeling that the Koreans led by the magical Lee Seung Woo and Nigeria's Golden Eaglets will go far.....

Know why? The ways the two teams are set up make them "hard to beat"....... Both are "tactically disciplined" but "not spectacular"

...... And both teams have their "main talismen" who on their day would wreck "super havoc"

Korea has Lee Seung woo WHILE Nigeria has Kelechi Nwakali (he made our midfield thick yesterday) and Victor Osimhen (even 2 defenders can't hold this guy for long)....... I repeat WATCH OUT FOR THESE 3 PLAYERS...... They are dynamites.

Yeah, they may or may not win the cup but ONE THING IS SURE BRAZIL WON'T EITHER!!! (In my books,,). But they(korea and Nigeria) remain contenders coz of their "resilience" even when things don't go well for them play-wise.

Yeah, there's Germany (the oldest team in this tournament) and there's mexico, France and Argentina.... But believe me..... the winners of this tournament might be a "surprise"

safarigirl:
Nigeria is top of the group with 3 points. Chile and Croatia shared points in a 1-all draw yesterday.

Korea PR won Brazil as well in their group. So, after 4 games, Nigeria and Korea are the only teams with wins

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
I will like to see Mali, the best team at the African under 17.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Croatia Coach: We’re In The Toughest Group With Nigeria, Chile, USA
[/size]

By Izuchukwu Okosi
Croatia coach, Dario Basic, considers the Group A of the 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup containing defending champions Nigeria; Chile and USA, a big task.
Basic, who was animated on the touchline as his team were held to a 1-1 draw against Chile, the hosts of the 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup, says the group is the toughest of the World Cup.
“The main objective for us in the opening game was not to lose.
“Thus, it is a good start and we are still in play in what it is for me the toughest group of the tournament,” Basic told fifa.com.
Chile’s Yerko Leiva on the 33rd minute pulled a goal back for hosts, Chile, after Croatia’s Nicola Moro had put his team ahead in the eighth minute early Sunday morning.
There are 24 teams campaigning at this year’s FIFA U-17 World Cup, with the top two teams in Groups A to F qualifying for the Round of 16 stage alongside four third best teams.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/croatia-coach-were-in-the-toughest-group-nigeria-chile-usa/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA U-17 World Cup.
Nigeria2 : USA 0
Quotes: Nigeria-USA
[/size]

"Considering it was the first match, I think it was a good game. At the beginning it was pretty even, everything very tactical, neither of us wanted to make a mistake. At half time I told my players to believe in themselves, and it worked, because we were more precise. Besides the three points, which are very important, I also liked that we kept our heads even when we could not get things going,"Emmanuel Amuneke, Nigeria coach.
"We are obviously disappointed because of the outcome. We played a good first half, we were balanced, solid and we even created some chance that we were not able to convert. Nigeria scored two quick goals, but thank to unfortunate errors on our side. We were hoping to be more effective, but we lost against a good Nigerian team,"Richie Willams, USA coach.
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271783/match=300298378/quotes.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
[size=14pt]
EnglandGuinea
Full-time
1-1
HINDS61'
NABY76'
Quotes: England-Guinea
[/size]

"We are very pleased to have been able to take a point. We could have won, it's true, but we could also have lost. We conceded a lot of chances. We played well until we scored our goal, but Guinea were very good on the counterattack after that,"Neil Dewsnip, England coach.
"This match went well. We have great respect for our opponent. We played our game but we scuffed the football at some moments and wasted opportunities. I take note of what happened and I will apply myself to work on better finishing,"Mamidou Camara, Guinea coach.

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271783/match=300298366/quotes.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Chile Croatia
Full-time
1-1
Quotes: Chile-Croatia
[/size]

"The Opening Match has all the ingredients for a team to be closely examined, especially if we start behind in the score. But they reacted and showed personality against a good Croatia team, that was also bigger. Nevertheless, they did it by playing their own style, and that gives satisfaction to any coach. Of course we would liked to win and win by a big margin, but at the end we accomplished a positive result,"Miguel Ponce, Chile coach.
"The match was as difficult as we expected. We faced a good local team, that plays well technically and had a massive support of their fans. That might have impacted my players a little bit, and that could be why we did not play as well as we expected. Yet, the main objective for us in the opening game was not to lose. Thus, it is a good start and we are still in play in what it is for me the toughest group of the tournament,"Dario Basic, Croatia coach.
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271783/match=300298364/quotes.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
People should just relax and watch the games as it progress,expecting too much or trying to compare them to the 2013 set won't allow u to enjoy and appreciate them if they actually springs surprises and proves everybody wrong. I'm not expecting any Nigeria team to perform with the intensity,passion,precision,cohesion,skills,maturity etc. for which Nacho and co performed en rout to becoming world champions so soon,u want to compare this team to a team that some respected journalists had already tipped to contend for 2022 world cup even before they won the junior world cup,be my guest, it will take a while, not this set.
Congrats to d team anyways,though didn't watch the game.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
tbaba1234:
I will like to see Mali, the best team at the African under 17.
they play Belgium today. We'll see if they're the real deal or just another Ivory Coast

@theSupernerd, you for wait make I modify am nah....you just quote pesin sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
Actually, it's Belgium.... *smiles* Happy Sunday Safarihoney............

safarigirl:
they play Germany today. We'll see if they're the real deal or just another Ivory Coast

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
AIG07:

i'll rate their performance a little bit above average compared to d last set... Though they possessed d yanks through out d match and we came out a better side.
The team needs an amf in order of nacho'13 who can spring killer passes for osimhen cos that dude is a fine finisher... Looking forward to the next game
my thoughts exactly, osimhen is our new awoniyi, gangling and dangerous in d 18 yard box
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

When is the match coming up?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

I mean Nigerian time.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
It's 16.00 local time in Chile.....

So Nigerian time will be 9pm.

Let's just say between 8pm and 9pm...... As the general time difference is 5hrs..... But certain centres have a time zone difference of 4hrs too.

*smiles*

terzurum5:

I mean Nigerian time.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
terzurum5:
When is the match coming up? I mean Nigerian time.
usual 9pm

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
**smiles**

It's not "me"........ It was "fastest fingers" *smiles*

Never mind........ *smiles*

safarigirl:
they play Belgium today. We'll see if they're the real deal or just another Ivory Coast

@theSupernerd, you for wait make I modify am nah....you just quote pesin sharp sharp
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mali draws 0-0 with Belgium. As usual, flash in the pan winners
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
25 shots to 2 and Mali did not score... They are a good team though if they can finish their chances.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
tbaba1234:
25 shots to 2 and Mali did not score... They are a good team though if they can finish their chances.
the scoreline determines a good team, not statistics.

Lack of finishing could kill a team. This is just Ivory Coast part 2. 2draws, one win, finish best 3rd and probably crash out next round
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
Well, like u said.... I hope mali isn't another "Ivory Coast"

Well, early to say but I'm afraid they are looking like it..... Belgium is one of the weakest teams from europe at this tournament (another is England)..... how can Mali hope to "follow" in Nigeria's footsteps by challenging for the world title when they permit such "profligacy" in front of goal??

Mali may hv conquered Africa but this is a whole "new world".........

Meanwhile, like I predicted, the "old" germans have started again...... But if their plan is to try regain their record of highest goals in one single u-17 tournament set in 2011 before the "great" Nigerian class of 2013 smashed "it" to set a new one..... They better forget it...... **smiles**

safarigirl:
Mali draws 0-0 with Belgium. As usual, flash in the pan winners
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Well, like u said.... I hope mali isn't another "Ivory Coast"

Well, early to say but I'm afraid they are looking like it..... Belgium is one of the weakest teams from europe at this tournament (another is England)..... how can Mali hope to "follow" in Nigeria's footsteps by challenging for the world title when they permit such "profligacy" in front of goal??

Mali may hv conquered Africa but this is a whole "new world".........

Meanwhile, like I predicted, the "old" germans have started again...... But if their plan is to try regain their record of highest goals in one single u-17 tournament set in 2011 before the "great" Nigerian class of 2013 smashed "it" to set a new one..... They better forget it...... **smiles**

na on top weak Australia dem wan shine? They'll have to do more
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
Who knows if they'll hold open trials next year? I wanna go and any info would really help
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:30am On Oct 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Manu Garba: Eaglets’ USA Win Vital Ahead Of Chile Clash
[/size]

By James Agberebi:
FIFA U-17 World Cup-winning coach in 2013, Manu Garba, has applauded the current Golden Eaglets squad after their 2-0 win against USA at this year’s competition in Chile.
The Eaglets opened their campaign with a win thanks to goals from Chukwu Agor and Victor Osimhen against the Americans.
In chat with Comple tesportsnigeria.com, Garba stated that the win will boost the morale of the players ahead of their next fixture.
“I think it was a very good result because first matches are very important in competitions,” Garba told Comple tesportsnigeria.com. “I believe the result will motivate them to qualify from the group.
“The most important thing is to qualify from the group because the real competition starts from the knockout stage. When you win your first game, you always have maximum confidence to approach the next game.”
The former Flying Eagles handler advised the team not to be under pressure in their next game against host Chile.
Garba added: “Playing against the host team, I know the crowd will be vociferous, they will be there to cheer the home team. So I will advise the Eaglets coach to urge his players not to focus on the crowd, instead concentrate on the opponent because I believe it is the home team that will be under pressure especially after they drew their first game.”
The Eaglets top the group, and are followed by Chile and Croatia who both have one point each after they played 1-1.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/henty-hits-brace-eyes-slovenian-league-top-scorer-award/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:07am On Oct 19, 2015
[size=14pt]
FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015
HondurasEcuador
Full-time
1-3
GRANT83'
GUERRERO7'
ESTUPIÑAN19' PEN
CORTEZ76'
[/size]
Quotes: Honduras-Ecuador

"We needed some time in the first half to get into the match to understand our opponent. But then we were already two goals behind. Ecuador played well but if football would be fair a 1-1 draw would be the result of this match because in some situations we had bad luck,"Jose Valladares, Honduras coach.
"The first half was our half, in the second period Honduras became stronger. I’m sure Honduras will qualify for the next round. We won but we still made some mistakes. We have to focus on this. We now have three points and this is really important. The next match will be very tactical and difficult,"Jose Rodriguez, Ecuador coach.

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271783/match=300298367/quotes.html
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:09am On Oct 19, 2015
[size=14pt]
Mexico Argentina
Full-time
2-0
K. MAGAÑA10'
F. VENEGAS77' PEN
[/size]
Quotes: Mexico-Argentina

“It was a balanced game and the pace of the game was spectacular. They claimed their chances and we didn’t, and when this happens you don’t win. But I’m very happy about the performance, the effort and the attitude of my players and told them that if we continue creating chances, the goals will come.”
Miguel Lemme, Argentina coach
“It was a complicated match and always at the beginning of a tournament like this you have doubts about what’s going to happen. The team was good tactically speaking and with the quick passes and combinations we could create spaces between lines and the goals came. This win gives us confidence to go ahead.”
Mario Arteaga, Mexico coach

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271783/match=300298373/quotes.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:10am On Oct 19, 2015
[size=14pt]
Australia Germany
Full-time
1-4
[/size]
Quotes: Australia-Germany

“We kept the ball possession and were intense in some moments, but couldn’t create chances to score and it’s disappointing. They are very clinical and defended much better. It was the first match and in other tournaments there were teams that lost 6-1 and qualified, so what we have to do is take the positive aspects and move forward to the next match,"Tony Vidmar, Australia coach.
"We had a lucky start. We played well in the first half, but definitely not in the second half. I think we felt too confident and we have to analyse this because we didn’t play at the level we expected and we don’t want this to happen again,"Christian Wuck, Germany coach.

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271783/match=300298371/quotes.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:12am On Oct 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Belgium Mali
Full-time
0-0
FIFA U-17 World Cup
Quotes: Belgium-Mali
[/size]

"To be honest this is not the correct result. Mali was stronger and played fantastic, beautiful football. I can only congratulate the coach, the team and the federation. They played aggressive and technically strong. But I also have to congratulate my team. It defended quite well and tried everything. The did it well. Our philosophy is to have the ball but today our opponent was too strong. Of course we are satisfied with this point,"Bob Browaeys, Belgium coach
"Today we had bad luck. We created many chances but we didn’t score. Belgium defended well, especially in the second half. They closed the spaces and for us it was more difficult to find the room to create more chances. Thinking of goal scoring we are normally really effective - what we showed at the African Championship. Nevertheless we can be really proud about our perfomance today,"Baye Ba, Mali coach
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271783/match=300298398/quotes.html
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2015
safarigirl:
the scoreline determines a good team, not statistics.

Lack of finishing could kill a team. This is just Ivory Coast part 2. 2draws, one win, finish best 3rd and probably crash out next round

Hahaha. Funny bt I believe they will perform more than that. This Mali side is good jst dat it didnt jst happen for them last night. Imagine having 21 shots against Belgium's 2.

BTW I think the Weather in Niger contributed to their winnind d CAF U17.U know Mali and Niger are neighbours. The energy sapping, hot and dry semi-desert weather favoured them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.