Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,135 members, 7,845,776 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156654 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Honestly i don't want Amunike promoted he should get a raise and continue his good work, he can end up being a legendary coach at this level who brings us talented players that will make our main squad.
Yea Manu Garba, Nduka Ugbade and Emmanuel Amunike are for sure good choices for our cadet teams so far. I personally critisized Coach Emmanuel Amunike on this thread looking at the number of talents that abound in this country. I expected him to have fished out talents better than what he has presented so far. I still hold firmly to my position. However, looking at the results which the team have produced so far, I say thombup to the Coaching crew and the players.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2015
terzurum5:

Yea Manu Garba, Nduka Ugbade and Emmanuel Amunike are for sure good choices for our cadet teams so far. I personally critisized Coach Emmanuel Amunike on this thread looking at the number of talents that abound in this country. I expected him to have fished out talents better than what he has presented so far. I still hold firmly to my position. However, looking at the results which the team have produced so far, I say thombup to the Coaching crew and the players.

Bros Amuneke got the best available. The problem is we keep comparing this team with 2013 set. U cannot continue to turn out such quality young players year in year out.A golden generation is not born every year. I mean I will nt be surprised if Nigeria does nt qualify for the 2017 U17 WC. It has happened before.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

As for Manu Garba, we were pissed because we knew he is an exceptional manager. To be honest, I only know one coach that has the kind of audacity of Manu Garba when it comes to coaching and that is the 1974 coach of Netherland, Rinus Michels.

So we do not dispute Manu Garba's brilliance or greatness. Our problem is what will make such a great and brilliant coach make blatant sloppy decisions.

For instance, why did he not make a final change when we were about to get knocked off the competition by Germany. We were down by one goal. You have one more change, time is running up. Manu had an individual brilliant player like Nacho on the bench and he refused to bring him in to try to keep us in the competition.

I prefer to learn than to be right. I wish someone can explain to me why Manu did not make that change. I wish I can learn why.

To that i say "because he could", he was the coach not u or I. Yes he might have gotten proud but can you blame him, he won the ayc with local and academy players, to me even Ivory Coast could have done well at the world cup, the ayc was a very strong competition and he won it quite frankly in an easy fashion. Bulbwa scored what still might be the goal of the year are u saying the boy was not capable of doing the same thing?
People shout Iheanacho! but I watched that last game and all i saw was an half chance to Awoniyi we could not move the ball past midfield and that was why he brought in Nwakali who is also a great finisher. To me I always felt Iheanacho would be back in the team but it wasn't Manu's plan to do so against Germany especially at 1-0 and that was because if Iheanacho didn't track back the score could have ended up being 2-0. The boy was not fully fit he had just come back from a more serious than we thought injury, Pellegrini even confirmed that, yea he scored some great goals before he came but I am sure he didn't have to track back the whole game, so we have to give Manu's reason the benefit of a doubt, it is not anybody saying Iheanacho wasn't fit enough, Manu Garba is practically Iheanacho's father any success the boy would have had would have automatically been transfered to Manu, no clear thinking human being would purposely shun Iheanacho u wouldn't and i wouldn't either so how can we say the man deliberately without any reason benches Iheanacho. I remember baby Kanu who got substituted as a substitute and still came back to play in the ayc finals.
Sorry i keep bringing this up but i truly and honestly believe Manu was telling the truth, Iheanacho could not have been 100%.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:26am On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

To that i say "because he could", he was the coach not u or I. Yes he might have gotten proud but can you blame him, he won the ayc with local and academy players, to me even Ivory Coast could have done well at the world cup, the ayc was a very strong competition and he won it quite frankly in an easy fashion. Bulbwa scored what still might be the goal of the year are u saying the boy was not capable of doing the same thing?
People shout Iheanacho! but I watched that last game and all i saw was an half chance to Awoniyi we could not move the ball past midfield and that was why he brought in Nwakali who is also a great finisher. To me I always felt Iheanacho would be back in the team but it wasn't Manu's plan to do so against Germany especially at 1-0 and that was because if Iheanacho didn't track back the score could have ended up being 2-0. The boy was not fully fit he had just come back from a more serious than we thought injury, Pellegrini even confirmed that, yea he scored some great goals before he came but I am sure he didn't have to track back the whole game, so we have to give Manu's reason the benefit of a doubt, it is not anybody saying Iheanacho wasn't fit enough, Manu Garba is practically Iheanacho's father any success the boy would have had would have automatically been transfered to Manu, no clear thinking human being would purposely shun Iheanacho u wouldn't and i wouldn't either so how can we say the man deliberately without any reason benches Iheanacho. I remember baby Kanu who got substituted as a substitute and still came back to play in the ayc finals.
Sorry i keep bringing this up but i truly and honestly believe Manu was telling the truth, Iheanacho could not have been 100%.

A good one bro. And yes Kanu Nwankwo was in the U20 team of 1993, that had Austine Okocha and Taribo West, before he went back to play U17.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32am On Nov 05, 2015
**can u pls just stop...... Oh lord! Yeah, u apologized but pls no more......

This is not about Iheanacho alone.

On that day, Manu had other options on "that bench":

-Simon Moses
-Musa Yahaya
-Chidera Ezeh
-and a few other attacking talents

No more of this...... Haba!!!!!!! Why all the "drag"?

Na wa o.......*smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2015
bigblangston:
Lmao!! 4-0 in d semis!!! Dude! U r one kind of an optimistic individual just lik my people.. I respect ur views and ur comments on this thread. I ve gained some stuffs frm u. Keep writing to bless we d readers

I expect a monster game from Samuel Chukwueze especially since Bamigboye will be absent I think we will go to him from the start he should set the tone and for goodness sake Nwakali has to make one of those long shots o I expect that tonight also.
Plus the Mexican coach as committed a cardinal offense by firing our boys up before this match they will not show them the same mercy extended to Brasil, or am I the only one who felt we could have spelled Brasil?

Thanks for the compliment I hope to see u also commenting more and giving us ur unique spin on issues, we can disagree about a hundred things and agree about one and it would still be a good day of learning and interacting with like minds.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:53am On Nov 05, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**can u pls just stop...... Oh lord! Yeah, u apologized but pls no more......

This is not about Iheanacho alone.

On that day, Manu had other options on "that bench":

-Simon Moses
-Musa Yahaya
-Chidera Ezeh
-and a few other attacking talents

No more of this...... Haba!!!!!!! Why all the "drag"?

Na wa o.......*smiles*

if u know Manu u would know those options don't mean much he hardly changes players bros don't act brand new. Amunike uses the same system players make their way in the squad gradually and when u fail u go to the back and wait ur chance.
The problem was they lost if they had won that match no one would have said anything just like no one did against North Korea and Hungary.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00am On Nov 05, 2015
**smiles**

You don't know when to "END" or "Drop" an argument........ Do you?

Yahaya? Don't mean much?

M.Simon? Don't mean much?

And no, Amuneke keeps featuring Bamgboye. Even when Chukwueze took his place. Osinachi Ebere had to drop to the bench for these two.

Pls Sir........ Just "end" this aiit..... No more.

BascoVanVeli:

if u know Manu u would know those options don't mean much he hardly changes players bros don't act brand new. Amunike uses the same system players make their way in the squad gradually and when u fail u go to the back and wait ur chance.
The problem was they lost if they had won that match no one would have said anything just like no one did against North Korea and Hungary.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Bros Amuneke got the best available. The problem is we keep comparing this team with 2013 set. U cannot continue to turn out such quality young players year in year out.A golden generation is not born every year. I mean I will nt be surprised if Nigeria does nt qualify for the 2017 U17 WC. It has happened before.

U are right it can and has happened but i hope it won't, I hope Nigerian youngster see these kids and say "why not me" I hope it makes our children work harder to archive even more than Osimhen or Nwakali and I hope they get good mentors like Amunike and Manu to guide them in their path to greatness. It could happen but i pray it doesn't.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:32am On Nov 05, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**smiles**

You don't know when to "END" or "Drop" an argument........ Do you?

Yahaya? Don't mean much?

M.Simon? Don't mean much?

And no, Amuneke keeps featuring Bamgboye. Even when Chukwueze took his place. Osinachi Ebere had to drop to the bench for these two.

Pls Sir........ Just "end" this aiit..... No more.

Maybe u have not been watching but Bamigboye is a starter on this team he only was replaced for his Red card, Ebere came in for him and as u cansee he has not played since then because he didnt play well. Yahaya and Moses might be stars to you but to Manu they are the same as the others and judging from their post world cup form how can one say he was wrong. How can u make a point then tell me to "drop it" ofcourse i will always counter ur argument u should be smart enough to know that much.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
*smiles*

Seems some one is in the mood to "keep throwing punches" all around...... even when ur "facts" about Amuneke's team aren't entirely correct.

Sorry I'm not "smart enough"........ So just drop it.

Point of correction:
Bamgboye didn't start against Chile. Chukwueze did in his stead. Also, Ebere started just as he did against USA. Ebere (no.17) was a starter going into the tournament. But now, Bamgboye takes Ebere's place while Chukwueze keeps bamgboye's place. And u say Amuneke doesn't change personnel. Even Agor and Kingsley Michael has started in place of one another. **check d records**

So like I said, Sorry, I'm "not smart enough" to know what u think I know ok....... *smiles*

U can go on "countering" ok..... Especially when there's nothing left to counter..... It's a choice aiit....

I'm done..... *smiles*

Say ceeeee.............*smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

Maybe u have not been watching but Bamigboye is a starter on this team he only was replaced for his Red card, Ebere came in for him and as u cansee he has not played since then because he didnt play well. Yahaya and Moses might be stars to you but to Manu they are the same as the others and judging from their post world cup form how can one say he was wrong. How can u make a point then tell me to "drop it" ofcourse i will always counter ur argument u should be smart enough to know that much.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I know this episode will stay in the minds of Nigerians for a long time.

I do not think Man City staffs would release Nacho if he was not fit enough for the tournament (might not be 100%) but enough for the last ten minutes to keep us in the competition.

He went from that tournament to feature for Man City in the Pre Season tour. How unfit could he be? At that last ten minutes, it was all or nothing. We did not need someone to track back. If we conceded, so what? We were going out. What we needed was individual brilliance to stay in the competition.

This is an issue that will always be on our mind but I think it is time to let go.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
terzurum5:

Yea thats another good and memorable one from one of the respected 'Elders of the thread' Sir Icon4s.

Honestly when I came across this news item, I knew with your age and football experience, you must have had one or two things to say about the Chile '87 Debacle since Coach Amanuke could not tell us more. I was also baffled when he said, he could not remember any thing about set '87.
Wao thats anothere good memory there, now waiting for TheGoodJoe.

Sorry, '87 is beyond my knowledge, I did not even watch Cameroun vs Argentina live in 1990.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Icon4s:

I think it is a matter of preference and coaching style. Coach Amunike prefers players who are strong and technical in their play. His players rely more on team work than individual brilliance.

I feel that is why he got a lot of stick earlier on. For instance, Fernando of Man City received a lot of criticism for not being up to Man City quality. As he blends with the City team, many now see Fernando as one of City's most valuable player.

So Manu Garba might prefer players who can do a lot with the ball. Like Success, Yahaya, Nacho, Ezeh, Bulbwa, Awoniyi. Amunike prefers players who can do a lot with the team. Completed passes, running into space and tracking back to help the team.

So some might find Amunike's players as not the best in the country but Amunike sees these guys as the best.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ugbade: Golden Eaglets Must Focus On Mexico, Not All-African Final
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ugbade-eaglets-win-over-brazil-is-morale-booster/[/img]
Nduka Ugbade

By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Golden Eaglets' assistant coach to the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup triumph in the United Arab Emirates, Nduka Ugbade, has admonished the team to concentrate on their game against Mexico and not think yet of an all-African final against Mali.

Ugbade, who was captain of the Nigerian U-16 side that won the FIFA JVC U-16 World Championship in China 30 years ago, bared his mind in a live television programme on Channels TV Wednesday, monitored by Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

"The concentration now should be on the game against Mexico. The Mexicans were a team we defeated twice in UAE," Ugbade said.

"First they said they had seen our game after defeating them 6-1 in the group stages but the result of what they saw was a 3-0 defeat in the final. So naturally you would expect them to be on a revenge mission.

"As for the Malians, they are bigger and would want to bank on their physical strength if they defeat Belgium and we also defeat Mexico. But really we should pay attention to the semi-finals game first before thinking of an all-African final."

The Nigeria versus Mexico game kicks off 12 midnight Thursday into Friday morning Nigerian time.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/ekpo-siasia-should-focus-on-home-based-players-for-u23-afcon/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Will the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup see an all-African Mali vs Nigeria final?
[/size]
Although the biannual tournament has never produced an all-African final since the first edition in 1985 in China, this year’s edition looks quite promising for the two African nations. Nigeria ranks higher than any other team in the competition, having emerged winners four times and runners-up thrice. The west African nation are the defending champions after beating Mexico 3-0 in the 2013 edition hosted by the United Arab Emirates.

Mali, who are yet to lose a match in the tournament, will be looking to end their opponent’s dominance by reaching the finals and lifting the prestigious trophy.

However, on the other hand, Nigerian will come all out to hunt for their fifth trophy in the history of the global competition.

The two African sides have registered impressive results so far and would want to prove a point by facing each other in the finals on Sunday if they beat their Thursday opponents. Nigeria have scored a total of 17 goals so far, 14 from open play and three from set pieces while their African counterparts have scored nine goals after 114 attempts. Mali boasts of one of the best attacking records in this year’s tournament but have had 29 of their shots blocked, 31 saved and 45 off-target.

Emmanual Amunike’s team are privileged to have the tournament’s top scorer Victor Osimhen, who has bagged eight goals and provided two assists so far for his team. Out of the eight goals, only one has been scored from the spot. Mali’s top scorer, on the other hand, is Sidiki Maiga with two goals and one assist. Judging from the statistics, fans should expect a highly offensive match, particularly from Nigerians, if the two teams make it to the finals.

Team records
Mali seem to have a better defensive record compared to Nigeria so far, having conceded only one goal in their last five matches. On the contrary, despite being clinical and ruthless in front of goal, Nigeria’s defense line has soaked in two more goals than their potential weekend opponents. The Aiglonnets could rely on this fact to penetrate the Golden Eaglets' defense line if they meet in the finals, and score quick goals to seal off the match early enough.

Nigeria and Mexico have met previously in the 2013 finals. The African outfit beat their South American rivals 3-0 to clinch the FIFA u17 World Cup. When the two sides meet again in the semi-finals this year, Nigeria will have an upper hand, having appeared in the final seven times. On the other side, Mali’s unbeaten run could inspire them a win in the semi finals against the Red Devils who have only scored five goals and conceded three.

Players to watch
Nigeria’s Osimhen will most-likely torment Mexico defenders by virtue of being the tournament’s top scorer with eight goals and two assists. The 17-year-old (pictured below) has attracted interest from top Premier League sides such as Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City.

Mali’s star player Sidiki Maiga (below) has managed to score only two goals and provided one assist, but his impressive team work and individual energy makes him standout. The talented forward is well-known for his selflessness and composure in front of goal, a decisive factor that could tear Belgium apart.

It would be interesting to witness the first-ever all-African grand finale at the FIFA U-17 World Cup. If the two African sides meet, Mali will most likely carry the day by drawing inspiration from their unbeaten run and willingness to overwrite history.
[/b]

m.livesoccertv.com/news/16096/will-the-2015-fifa-u-17-world-cup-see-an-all-african-mali-vs-nigeria-final/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
*smiles*

Seems some one is in the mood to "keep throwing punches" all around...... even when ur "facts" about Amuneke's team aren't entirely correct.

Sorry I'm not "smart enough"........ So just drop it.

Point of correction:
Bamgboye didn't start against Chile. Chukwueze did in his stead. Also, Ebere started just as he did against USA. Ebere (no.17) was a starter going into the tournament. But now, Bamgboye takes Ebere's place while Chukwueze keeps bamgboye's place. And u say Amuneke doesn't change personnel. Even Agor and Kingsley Michael has started in place of one another. **check d records**

So like I said, Sorry, I'm "not smart enough" to know what u think I know ok....... *smiles*

U can go on "countering" ok..... Especially when there's nothing left to counter..... It's a choice aiit....

I'm done..... *smiles*

Say ceeeee.............*smiles*

You win i lose, now that's a way to end an argument, ceeee.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
[size=14pt]
Chile 2015: Mexico Key Defender To Miss Crucial Nigeria Match
[/size]

‎Mexico will be without first choice left-back Ulises Torres ahead of tonight's U-17 semi-final clash against the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria due to suspension.

According to thenff.com, Torres, who has featured in every minute of Mexico's games, was yellow carded against Chile in the second round. In the quarter-final game against Ecuador, he got another yellow card hence his suspension against the Eaglets.

Meanwhile, the Eaglets will also be without forward Funsho Bamgboye following his second booking in two straight matches, against Brazil in the quarter-final.
He had been cautioned in the game against Australia in the Round of 16.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/chile-2015-mexico-key-defender-to-miss-crucial-nigeria-match/
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Will the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup see an all-African Mali vs Nigeria final?
[/size]
Although the biannual tournament has never produced an all-African final since the first edition in 1985 in China, this year’s edition looks quite promising for the two African nations. Nigeria ranks higher than any other team in the competition, having emerged winners four times and runners-up thrice. The west African nation are the defending champions after beating Mexico 3-0 in the 2013 edition hosted by the United Arab Emirates.

Mali, who are yet to lose a match in the tournament, will be looking to end their opponent’s dominance by reaching the finals and lifting the prestigious trophy.

However, on the other hand, Nigerian will come all out to hunt for their fifth trophy in the history of the global competition.

The two African sides have registered impressive results so far and would want to prove a point by facing each other in the finals on Sunday if they beat their Thursday opponents. Nigeria have scored a total of 17 goals so far, 14 from open play and three from set pieces while their African counterparts have scored nine goals after 114 attempts. Mali boasts of one of the best attacking records in this year’s tournament but have had 29 of their shots blocked, 31 saved and 45 off-target.

Emmanual Amunike’s team are privileged to have the tournament’s top scorer Victor Osimhen, who has bagged eight goals and provided two assists so far for his team. Out of the eight goals, only one has been scored from the spot. Mali’s top scorer, on the other hand, is Sidiki Maiga with two goals and one assist. Judging from the statistics, fans should expect a highly offensive match, particularly from Nigerians, if the two teams make it to the finals.

Team records
Mali seem to have a better defensive record compared to Nigeria so far, having conceded only one goal in their last five matches. On the contrary, despite being clinical and ruthless in front of goal, Nigeria’s defense line has soaked in two more goals than their potential weekend opponents. The Aiglonnets could rely on this fact to penetrate the Golden Eaglets' defense line if they meet in the finals, and score quick goals to seal off the match early enough.

Nigeria and Mexico have met previously in the 2013 finals. The African outfit beat their South American rivals 3-0 to clinch the FIFA u17 World Cup. When the two sides meet again in the semi-finals this year, Nigeria will have an upper hand, having appeared in the final seven times. On the other side, Mali’s unbeaten run could inspire them a win in the semi finals against the Red Devils who have only scored five goals and conceded three.

Players to watch
Nigeria’s Osimhen will most-likely torment Mexico defenders by virtue of being the tournament’s top scorer with eight goals and two assists. The 17-year-old (pictured below) has attracted interest from top Premier League sides such as Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City.

Mali’s star player Sidiki Maiga (below) has managed to score only two goals and provided one assist, but his impressive team work and individual energy makes him standout. The talented forward is well-known for his selflessness and composure in front of goal, a decisive factor that could tear Belgium apart.

It would be interesting to witness the first-ever all-African grand finale at the FIFA U-17 World Cup. If the two African sides meet, Mali will most likely carry the day by drawing inspiration from their unbeaten run and willingness to overwrite history.
[/b]

m.livesoccertv.com/news/16096/will-the-2015-fifa-u-17-world-cup-see-an-all-african-mali-vs-nigeria-final/

How could a paid writer be so wrong. Nigeria vs Ghana 1993? Wow i could see myself being a writer if they let them get away with stuff like this. To me this whole piece turns useless.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

see this guy o, so are u Ronaldo's agent? I say what i see, i never said he doesn't flush his toilet.
Now let me step back and let u enjoy the 15 seconds u crave so much.
bros, I'm not one of the attention seekers in this section, in fact, on this forum despite being an active member for relatively some time now, I don't post much but I do read comments even if the pages are much. so, don't indirectly call me an attention seeker because many people don't know me here but I know much about the people here more than you can imagine.

I only counter your claims about ronaldo's personality behind the scene. I still maintain my stands, ronaldo is a great role model to any aspiring young star. you don't predict peoples character mere seeing them on a screen. despite what you claimed ronaldo does on the pitch that irritates you, have you ever heard of any unrest between ronaldo and any of his team mate? what ever thing he does on the pitch, that is who he is, he doesn't want to live a fake live.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thetelz(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
EPL Club Tempts Osimhen With One Million Pounds
[/size]

FIFA U17 World Cup leading scorer Victor Osimhen could be the next Golden Eaglet star to hit the English Premier League after a club there offered to pay for the player from Ultimate Strikers Academy starting from a million pounds.

Osimhen, 17 in December, has scored eight goals as Nigeria romped to a seventh semi-final in the U17 World Cup.
“An un-named EPL side are willing to splash the cash for Osimhen.

They want to start the bidding from a million pounds,” a top source familiar with this interest disclosed.

Osimhen knows his way to goal and has great techinique for a big centre-forward. He could also drift to the wings to create space for his teammates.

Manchester City signed Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali and Musa Yahaya was reportedly engaged by Tottenham Hotspur when Nigeria won a record fourth U17 World Cup two years ago.
[/b]

thebusinessdispatch.com/epl-club-tempts-osimhen-with-one-million-pounds/
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by bigblangston: 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I expect a monster game from Samuel Chukwueze especially since Bamigboye will be absent I think we will go to him from the start he should set the tone and for goodness sake Nwakali has to make one of those long shots o I expect that tonight also.
Plus the Mexican coach as committed a cardinal offense by firing our boys up before this match they will not show them the same mercy extended to Brasil, or am I the only one who felt we could have spelled Brasil?

Thanks for the compliment I hope to see u also commenting more and giving us ur unique spin on issues, we can disagree about a hundred things and agree about one and it would still be a good day of learning and interacting with like minds.
4-0 is lik expecting too much from this young lads nw dat we all seem to be relyin on H.R.H victor Osimhen to score for us though we have some goal scoring players that can nick in a goal frm anywhere but they re nt as composed as victor osimhen... So I'm expecting a close scoreline here if d mexican defense re being programmed to stop HRH victor... I am busy almost all d time bt will try to comment once in a while but u people really rock this thread. Anythin u guys drop here, I go wit it
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: EPL Club Tempts Osimhen With One Million Pounds
[/size]
[img]http://allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00039668.html[/img]
Golden Eaglets in action.

FIFA U17 World Cup leading scorer Victor Osimhen could be the next Golden Eaglet star to hit the English Premier League after a club there offered to pay for the player from Ultimate Strikers Academy starting from a million pounds.

Osimhen, 17 in December, has scored eight goals as Nigeria romped to a seventh semi-final in the U17 World Cup.
"An un-named EPL side are willing to splash the cash for Osimhen.

They want to start the bidding from a million pounds," a top source familiar with this interest disclosed.

Osimhen knows his way to goal and has great techinique for a big centre-forward. He could also drift to the wings to create space for his teammates.

Manchester City signed Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali and Musa Yahaya was reportedly engaged by Tottenham Hotspur when Nigeria won a record fourth U17 World Cup two years ago.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201511050046.html
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Hahaha. I knew u hated my guts. But e no reach safarigirl own. She almost broke a bottle on my head.

But guys the most important thing here is tolerance. We need to understand that we are all right in our analysis and expectations. Football is so unpredictable and dynamic.

One of d reasons y my views conflict with most of u youngsters here is cos we belong to different era. I mean, the era when I really watched, read and dug deep into football was in the 1990s mayb upto early 2000s.I followed Kanu Nwankwo to Arsenal.I am still an Arsenal fan.

Now work and family issues are my priorities. I still creat time to analyse football on radio (rythm 93.7 fm Benin) on invitation.

Kudos to u guys. We are all learning from ourselves.
sir, I doff my hat for you, I will like to learn much from your wealth of experience in this beautiful game (soccer).
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria vs Mexico: Here are 3 things the Golden Eaglets need to do to win
[/size]

By Jide Alaka

Nigeria’s U-17 national football team, the Golden Eaglets, are into their eighth semi-final since the tournament kicked off in 1985, and they have never lost a semi-final match.

There are reasons to be hopeful that Amuneke will lead his team to the final but they have to take care of a very purposeful Mexican team led by Coach Mario Arteaga, who has been speaking variously to the press saying he knows what to do and how to set up his team to stop the free-scoring Nigerian team.

The Match Plan
Score more than 2 goals
In five matches the Mexicans have scored 10 goals – an average of two goals per game. So by simple mathematical permutation [we all know that football is not], if the Eaglets score more than two goals, there is a 98% chance that they will win the encounter. So for Amuneke and his boys, three is the magic number. The other side of the theory is the fact that the Eaglets have conceded two goals in this tournament just once – against Croatia in their last group match, where they did not play well.

Fullbacks must remain attentive
From the 10 goals scored by the Mexicans, four have been from attacks down the wings and cut backs into the box. John Lazarus and Udochukwu Anumudu must be instructed to watch the space behind them at all times because the Mexicans are quick down both wings. One way they can achieve that is if the team commits to a lateral press starting with the three attackers.

Use long balls to Osimhen
The Mexicans have a little team – in terms of stature and have conceded goals in Chile on account of this. With the lanky and tall nature of the Eaglets’ arrowhead in Victor Osimhen – it will be advised that Amuneke drops him directly on the two centre backs with his back to goal. Against Brazil, he was told to attack from the left but against Mexico, the team will be best served if the eight-goal striker will deploy his height advantage to hurt the Mexicans.

Nigeria Mexico
Opponent S.O.T Goals Opponent S.O.T Goals
USA 62 Argentina 52
Chile 105 Australia 70
Croatia 31 Germany 22
Australia106 Chile 74
Brazil 83 Ecuador 32

S.O.T is Shots on Target
Preview of the semi-final on FIFA.com – https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=LvZ0aE-e2F0
Amuneke’s bamboozling tactics
In a recent report from FIFA’s Technical Study Group [TSG], Coach Emmanuel Amuneke was roundly lauded for bringing innovation to the game because most of Nigeria’s opponents at the Chile tournament have been unable to get to grips with the tactical and technical approach of the Eaglets.

“Sincerely, we have tried to understand the tactics you are using but it is confusing,” TSG member, Desmond Curry, is said to have told Amuneke.

“I have done some of your matches here but it is unusual to see a Number 10 (Kelechi Nwakali) playing deep as much as we have seen your player here.

Curry then added: “This is a new trend and we are going to include some of your explanations in the Technical Report of the championship because the tactical approach of your team stands out.”

So as Amuneke comes up against Mario Arteaga at the Estadio Municipal Ester Roa in Concepcion, the former Barcelona forward can continue bamboozling opponents by keeping it simple.

Backdrop
The Eaglets have five players on yellows – so another yellow would knock them out of the final or third-place match. Funsho Bamgboye misses out because of the yellow card he picked up against Brazil while Mexico will also be missing left-back, Ulises Torres.

“We welcome the challenge of meeting Mexico again because we are more or less old foes,” Amuneke told the Nigeria Football Federation website.

“I think it is going to be an interesting game because the Mexicans have shown in this tournament that they are a very solid side but we will continue to work towards this important semi final game.”

And the connection to the UAE will continue as the centre referee for the game will be Mohammed Abdulla Mohamed from the UAE where the Eaglets beat Mexico in the group phase 6-1 and 3-0 in the final.
[/b]

www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/192670-nigeria-vs-mexico-here-are-3-things-the-golden-eaglets-need-to-do-to-win.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
lol @ Mali will carry the day.
These people shouldn't get ahead of themselves. Make dem play semifinals first
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: We Are Focused On Retaining the Trophy, Says Amuneke
[/size]
By Samuel Ifetoye
Golden Eaglets' Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, has assured Nigerians that the 3-0 defeat of Brazil in the quarterfinal of the on-going FIFA U-17 World Cup will not in any way affect the team's concentration as they prepare for today's semifinal against Mexico.

Nigeria is fighting to retain the title it won two years ago in the UAE, but some analysts have cautioned the team against thinking the deal is already done after the victory over Brazil.

They accused the team of losing their focus after scoring three goals in the first half of the encounter and advised Amuneke to ensure his boys took every minute of the remaining matches very serious.

But Amuneke avers that the team will not give room for complacency at this crucial point in the competition.

"It was not like we scored three goals and that was it. Before that our side had 15 very good minutes, when they moved the ball around as we knew they could.

"You have to give credit to my kids, who were tranquil and kept their cool to deal with the Brazil pressure and then scored at the right time.

"For them to beat Brazil is a big confidence boost. We still have a long way to the title, though," he told FIFA.Com.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201511050832.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: FIFA U17 - Yola Predicts Nigeria, Mali Finals
[/size]
By David Ngobua
Ahead of tonight's semi-final clash between Nigeria and Mexico, former chairman of Kano Pillars FC, Malam Abba Yola has expressed confidence that the Eaglets will triumph over their opponents to set up an all Africa finals.

Speaking to Daily Trust yesterday, the sports administrator said having recorded victories against South American countries like host Chile and Brazil, the Eaglets should have no problem beating Mexico.

He said although football is unpredictable, the performances of the national U17 team have shown that they will give a good account of themselves against Mexico.

Yola, who was special Assistant to the immediate past Director General of the National Sports Commission, Patrick Ekeji said the Eaglets should work hard to do the country proud.

"Any semi-final match is never easy but I am confident that Eaglets will fly over Mexico. I can perceive an all-African final.

"The Malians are also playing very well and I believe they are going to win their match against Belgium to meet Nigeria in the finals.

"It will be interesting to see two African teams competing for the trophy in Chile. So my prayer is for Nigeria and Mali to win their semi-final matches," he said.

Yola also said Nigerians should pray for Eaglets to beat Mexico who would be out to take back their pound of flesh having lost to Nigeria twice at the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup in UAE.

It will be recalled that on their way to winning the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup, the Golden Eaglets defeated Mexico 6-1 in the group stage before beating the South Americans 3-0 in the finals.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201511050414.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
Nashoji:
bros, I'm not one of the attention seekers in this section, in fact, on this forum despite being an active member for relatively some time now, I don't post much but I do read comments even if the pages are much. so, don't indirectly call me an attention seeker because many people don't know me here but I know much about the people here more than you can imagine.

I only counter your claims about ronaldo's personality behind the scene. I still maintain my stands, ronaldo is a great role model to any aspiring young star. you don't predict peoples character mere seeing them on a screen. despite what you claimed ronaldo does on the pitch that irritates you, have you ever heard of any unrest between ronaldo and any of his team mate? what ever thing he does on the pitch, that is who he is, he doesn't want to live a fake live.

God bless Ronaldo.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
bigblangston:
4-0 is lik expecting too much from this young lads nw dat we all seem to be relyin on H.R.H victor Osimhen to score for us though we have some goal scoring players that can nick in a goal frm anywhere but they re nt as composed as victor osimhen... So I'm expecting a close scoreline here if d mexican defense re being programmed to stop HRH victor... I am busy almost all d time bt will try to comment once in a while but u people really rock this thread. Anythin u guys drop here, I go wit it

No please no close match im already nervous as it is lol. Samuel Chukwueze had perhaps the finest performance yet in this tournament I am banking on him to regain that form.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.