Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156229 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Pinnick: Amuneke has earned our respect
[/size]
NFF President Amaju Pinnick will be with the Golden Eaglets when they take on Mexico in the FIFA U-17 World Cup semi-finals on Thursday.

The NFF boss departed on Monday evening, following the Eaglets’ 3-0 thrashing of three –time winners Brazil in the quarter -finals on Sunday.

“I am very excited with the way the team has played so far, raising our country’s flag very high. The head coach, Emmanuel Amuneke has shown tremendous maturity and has managed the team and everything around it brilliantly.

“Amuneke is the kind of person you would naturally recommend for higher responsibilities. He has clearly rubbished all insinuations and dark innuendoes against him and has continued to do a marvelous job quietly. He has earned his respect.”

The Eaglets take on Mexico’s U-17 at the 30,000 –capacity Estadio Municipal Ester Roa in Concepcion, with the prospect of a second –ever all-African final looming large in the South American nation.

Mean and miserly (in terms of goals conceded so far – only one) Mali take on Belgium (the only European team left in contention) in Vina del Mar, which has become a home of sort to the Golden Eaglets and will host Sunday’s final.

Mali and Belgium play the first semi final, starting from 5pm (9pm Nigeria time), before the Nigeria, Mexico clash that will again kick off at midnight in Nigeria.

On Monday, NFF Deputy General Secretary, Emmanuel Ikpeme arrived in Chile to join the high–flying Golden Eaglets.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/pinnick-amuneke-has-earned-our-respect/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2015
[size=14pt]
FIFA U-17 World Cup: Eaglets get UAE referee
[/size]
Federation of International Football (FIFA) has picked Mohammed Abdullah Mohamed from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as the centre referee for the FIFA U-17 World Cup semi-final clash involving Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets and their Mexican counterparts in Chile.

The match kicks-off at midnight, November 6 at the 33,000 seating capacity Municipal Ester Roa Stadium in Concepcion.

The 37-year-old referee, who was born on December 2, will be assisted by fellow compatriots, Mohamed Alhammadi, Hasan ALMAHRI as first and second assistant referees. Peruvian Diego Haro is the fourth official.
He has been a fIFA badged referee since 2010.

Interestingly, Nigeria won the last edition in UAE by beating Mexico 3-0 after a 6-1 demolition of the Baby El Tri in the group stage.
Concepcion is playing host to both sides for the first time.

thenationonlineng.net/fifa-u-17-world-cup-eaglets-get-uae-referee/
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:32am On Nov 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria U17
Nigeria, Mexico in Titanic showdown for World Cup final spot
[/size]
[img]http://africanfootball.com/news/582304/Nigeria-Mexico-in-Titanic-showdown-for-World-Cup-final-spot[/img]
Eaglets skipper Musa Muhammed (left) with his Mexican counterpart before the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup final

It will be a Titanic battle when Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets battle Mexico in a FIFA U17 World Cup semi-final on Thursday midnight.

Nigeria are looking forward to successfully defend the World Cup and continue their superiority over Mexico, who were runners-up in the last edition in UAE two years ago.

Amuneke said his team must be at their best against the BabyEl Tri, who will be hard pressed to avenge their losses at the last tournament.

"The Mexicans are a very good side and their performance so far at Chile 2015 is an indication that they have a very solid structure back home," he noted.

"But we are working to ensure that the players are mentally ready for this big match."
Both teams have met three times at this competition with Nigeria winning two and Mexico winning one.

Their first meeting was at the second edition of the competition in Canada in 1987, which Mexico beat Nigeria 1-0 in a group match.

Nigeria beat Mexico at the UAE 2013 twice, 6-1 in the group stage and 3-0 in the final.
Sunday’s clash will be a clash between one of the most potent attacks at this World Cup against one of the tightest defences.

The coach Emmanuel Amuneke-led Eaglets are a high scoring side having netted 17 times in the competition, while the Mexicans have a very solid defensive record so far in Chile having conceded just two goals.

Eight-goal Victor Osimhen led attack line have a big task in their hands to get the goals, while Mexico defenders will have their hands full to stop the rampaging Eaglets strike force, who though will be missing Funsho Bamiboye, who is suspended.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/582304/Nigeria-Mexico-in-Titanic-showdown-for-World-Cup-final-spot

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by hismail1(m): 7:38am On Nov 05, 2015
Mexico coach slams Nigeria, Mali as age cheats
Apparently stunned by the artistry of defending champions, Golden Eaglets in the on-going FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile, former Mexico U-17 coach, Raul Gutierrez has accused the Nigerian wonder-kids of doing things no real U-17 player could do with the ball.
He did not spare Mali too as he claimed that the two African teams in Chile could not possibly be U-17 players.

Raul Gutierrez
Gutiérrez was in charge when the 2013 set of Eaglets beat Mexico twice en-route to being crowned champions in the United Arab Emirates.
And while the Golden Eaglets have been outstanding at the ongoing tournament in Chile, Gutiérrez suggests that there is much to meet the eye as he posited that the Eaglets aside their physical attributes take decisions that are not expected of true U-17 players.
Gutiérrez also made same accusation against the Mali team that have also booked their place in the semi final.
“It’s the same with the Nigeria team, so with Mali, that beyond their physical development, decisions made by many of their players are not of an U-17 player’’ the coach told mediotiempo.com.
Despite his fears, Gutiérrez said he believes Mexico can beat Nigeria when both countries meet in the semi-finals on Thursday (12a.m. Friday, Nigeria time), but admitted that it will be difficult. “Sure we can beat them. I think Mexico can have a good result on Thursday.
“In football nothing is written, everyone already knows that the game will be complex. We will face an opponent with a winning record, but you must play the game, the matches are defined on the field and we have to think that way,” says Gutiérrez.

vanguardngr.com/2015/11/mexico-coach-slams-nigeria-mali-as-age-cheats/
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2015
I got two words for people like Gutierrez..........

""SORE LOSER""

hismail1:
Apparently stunned by the artistry of defending champions, Golden Eaglets in the on-going FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile, former Mexico U-17 coach, Raul Gutierrez has accused the Nigerian wonder-kids of doing things no real U-17 player could do with the ball.
He did not spare Mali too as he claimed that the two African teams in Chile could not possibly be U-17 players.

Raul Gutierrez
Gutiérrez was in charge when the 2013 set of Eaglets beat Mexico twice en-route to being crowned champions in the United Arab Emirates.
And while the Golden Eaglets have been outstanding at the ongoing tournament in Chile, Gutiérrez suggests that there is much to meet the eye as he posited that the Eaglets aside their physical attributes take decisions that are not expected of true U-17 players.
Gutiérrez also made same accusation against the Mali team that have also booked their place in the semi final.
“It’s the same with the Nigeria team, so with Mali, that beyond their physical development, decisions made by many of their players are not of an U-17 player’’ the coach told mediotiempo.com.
Despite his fears, Gutiérrez said he believes Mexico can beat Nigeria when both countries meet in the semi-finals on Thursday (12a.m. Friday, Nigeria time), but admitted that it will be difficult. “Sure we can beat them. I think Mexico can have a good result on Thursday.
“In football nothing is written, everyone already knows that the game will be complex. We will face an opponent with a winning record, but you must play the game, the matches are defined on the field and we have to think that way,” says Gutiérrez.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by bigblangston: 8:25am On Nov 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Look young man. No body is butt-licking here. What we are preaching here is tolerance. Safarigirl and I do nt usually agree on most issues bt that doesn't mean we are not friends. As TheGoodJoe rightly said in one of his posts u need to undertstand people on how dey talk or articulate their points. I dnt think anyone on these sports threads has received more jabs from Safarigirl than myself. I even noticed at a pt she was ignoring my comments and nt responding when i expect her to bt I jst knew it is one of those things abt ladies. They are really fun to b with.

Whether u like it or nt There are peeps that make this sports section fun and she is one of them.

And yes we pamper her bc she is the First Lady of the Sports section.
Young Man! Yea I read about those jabs given to u by her bt u r probably used to her mayb dats one of d fruits of d spirit that is to tolerate BS on a faceless forum but as for me I aint tolerating BS even frm my family (d closest thing to me) not to talk frm a faceless forum wher we don't knw who is who... U keep pampering her after she must had typed heavy punchlines to annihilate anyone who has a contrary view dat differs frm her just because she is a female (iron lady) and u said u aint butt licking, Young man! Wat u r doin wit ur pampering is to encourage her to throw more jabs at people because people lik u will pamper her, to avoid people throwin jabs at me I seldom comment here because if u throw jabs at me I give it to u in multiple folds. Anyways keep d news abt d U 17 comin because after this tournament we will all migrate to d U23 thread so why shud we insult one another when we re nt gonna be on this thread forever.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by eterisan(m): 8:28am On Nov 05, 2015
bigblangston:
Young man! I knw u will reply me dat was why I stuck around. Wit people lik her too many people have left this honorable thread. I come to hear to read latest news concerning our boys whic I knw dat was the primary reason for this thread ie to be illuminated bt not to trade banter wit an unknown individual. Let's restore sanctity to this thread and encourage others to ve their say here on this thread, if u re concerned abt chicks commenting,I knw many chicks dat come to read bt leaves the thread for fear of e-duels. I don't butt lick, I giv it to people as it is hot bt there re times I tell myself I don't knw who I may be blasting, d person may be related to dangote and who knws if its dat person u bashed that will take u to d top in life. When I see her bashing people I cringe and when she's been served she comes playin d victim card and typin dat because she's female in a male dominated thread dat was why she's been victimised then butt lickers will come to her rescue. *pukes*
thumbs up! But Oga abeg let's talk about u 17. Me thinks enough bashing already
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by bigblangston: 8:30am On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Look u can either insult her back or ignore her, that is what you would do if she were a man so don't run a campaign about the issue and in turn victimize yourself. She doesn't have to be like anyone else, who cares if other girls just read but don't comment alot of guys also do the same thing but that doesn't stop u from interacting. Neither of u should have to leave because u guys can disagree on everything else but u support the same Nigeria so for Buhari's sake move on my brother be the bigger man. BTW I predict 4-0 Nigeria.
Lmao!! 4-0 in d semis!!! Dude! U r one kind of an optimistic individual just lik my people.. I respect ur views and ur comments on this thread. I ve gained some stuffs frm u. Keep writing to bless we d readers
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by homesteady(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2015
lmaoooooooooooo
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by bigblangston: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2015
eterisan:
thumbs up! But Oga abeg let's talk about u 17. Me thinks enough bashing already
Lol!!! I don hold my peace ooo... Thanks
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Amuneke says Eaglets will avoid Chile ‘87 debacle
[/size]
The city of Concepción and Estadio Municipal has gone down in the history of Nigerian football as the venue where the country’s star-studded U-20 squad of 1987 met their waterloo following a humiliating 4-0 loss to Brazil at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Chile 1987.

Twenty-eight years after what was called the ‘Chile Debacle’ by a section of the Nigerian media, the Golden Eaglets will hoist the Nigerian flag in Concepción yet again for a crunch semi-final match against Mexico at the on –going FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015, with the winner guaranteed a slot in the final match slated for Sunday in Vina del Mar.

Speaking to thenff.com, coach Emmanuel Amuneke said the unfortunate loss by the Flying Eagles 28 years ago in Concepción will be an added motivation to guide the Golden Eaglets against defeat to the Baby El Tri on Thursday.

“Sincerely, I can’t remember anything about Chile 1987 and I don’t want to be bothered about that,” said the straight –talking 1994 African Footballer of the Year about the Nigeria-Brazil clash of October 11, 1987. “But that said, we can’t afford to lose (at the same venue) to Mexico and this is an important game for us.”

Nigeria and Mexico have only met thrice at the FIFA U-17 World Cup, with the Baby El Tri claiming a 1-0 win in a group phase match at Canada 1987 while the Golden Eaglets had the upper hand twice in 2013, when they walloped the Mexicans 6-1 and 3-0 in the group phase and the championship’s Final Match respectively.

Amuneke reckons that the Golden Eaglets must, therefore, be at their best against the Baby El Tri who will be hard pressed to avenge their losses at the last tournament in the United Arab Emirates.

“The Mexicans are a very good side and their performance so far at Chile 2015 is an indication that they have a very solid structure back home,” he said. “But we are working to ensure that the players are mentally ready for this big match.”

Meanwhile, Amuneke was honoured on Tuesday with an award by the Chiguayante community in Concepcion. The award, according to the organisers, was in recognition of the Golden Eaglets’ Head Coach’s feat in leading a team to qualify for the FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015.

PAST ENCOUNTERS
July 16, 1987: Nigeria 0:1Mexico
October 19, 2013: Mexico 1:6 Nigeria
November 8, 2013: Nigeria 3:0 Mexico
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/amuneke-says-eaglets-will-avoid-chile-87-debacle/
CC: Sir Icon4s, Thegoodjoe, tell us more about this Chile 87 Debacle.

Hmmm Chile '87. I will never forget. That tourney was Nigeria's worst participation at any FIFA organised youth competition.

Nigeria won the maiden FIFA U16 tourney (yes U16 then) in 1985. Two years later was Chile 87. A couple of the former U16 boys were promoted to play an U21 tourney (yes U21 then) 2 yrs later.What we had was 17 & 18 yrs olds having to compete with 20 & 21 yrs olds from d rest of d world. Notable Players from d former U16: Sani Adamu, Nduka Ugbade, Jonathan Akpoborie, Victor Igbinoba (my then favorite), Lucky Agbons and co. This crop was joined by some Nigerian League players notably: Etim Esin (African Maradona, then was at d edge of signing for AA Gent of Belgium), Thompson Oliha (Green Eagles midfield maestro before JJ Okocha), Peter Nieketen(one of the most celebrated young players in d Nigerian league.Playing for one of those Lagos clubs; either ACB or Stationery stores)Willy Okpara and a host of others.

We thought we had a star studded team.

Earlier in the year Nigeria won silver at d U17 WC in Canada. Hopes were high that we can do it again. Remembering also dat we finished 3rd at the 1985 FIFA U21.

Nigeria was placed in a group of death: Brazil, Italy, Canada and Nigeria.

Our first game was against Brazil. Omo i say Brazil wan kill us. We were so outplayed in that first half and conceded 2goals. Second half Nigeria came back better but still conceded 2 more goals. It ended 4-0 in favour of Brazil. Oh I didn't feel like going to school the next day.

Our next game was against Italy and we lost 2-0. We only managed a 2-2 draw against Canada in the last grp game.

Well, Amuneke said he cannot remember anything about Chile '87. Very possible.Aside from being very young then Amuneke and I grew up in the same neighbourhood where only very few families owned a TV set. Our house was always full with neighbours coming to watch matches. I dnt think Amuneke's father owned a TV set (No ridicle meant). My Dad was a real football follower.He indoctrinated me into it.

Some peeps hu can cast their minds back to the U20 thread can remember i kept mentioning Chile '87 episode. The same issue of going to an U20 tourney with predominantly 17 &18 yrs olds.Even having to play Brazil again in our opening match which we still lost against but by 4-2(1st time we will b scoring against Brazil at U20). Before na always 4-0., 3-0, 2-0 & once 0-0.

So that is d Chile '87 debacle o. Still fresh in my head. Just like yesterday. sad

cc: joseph1013, TheSuperNerd, safarigirl, TheGoodJoe, terzurum5, Bascovanveli, bigblangston.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2015
bigblangston:
Young Man! Yea I read about those jabs given to u by her bt u r probably used to her mayb dats one of d fruits of d spirit that is to tolerate BS on a faceless forum but as for me I aint tolerating BS even frm my family (d closest thing to me) not to talk frm a faceless forum wher we don't knw who is who... U keep pampering her after she must had typed heavy punchlines to annihilate anyone who has a contrary view dat differs frm her just because she is a female (iron lady) and u said u aint butt licking, Young man! Wat u r doin wit ur pampering is to encourage her to throw more jabs at people because people lik u will pamper her, to avoid people throwin jabs at me I seldom comment here because if u throw jabs at me I give it to u in multiple folds. Anyways keep d news abt d U 17 comin because after this tournament we will all migrate to d U23 thread so why shud we insult one another when we re nt gonna be on this thread forever.

Sometimes, you maintain control and not blast anger at any instant. For instsnce, Icon4s is our elder here and I see people attack him relentlessly. Most times, he does not lose it and stays focus on trying to prove his point.

Does it mean he is butt licking those who attack him? Read through the threads and see how many girls participate. So do you expect us to lash out on her on every mistake?

You can call it that your taking rubbish but there is a reason why many of us have continued on this thread without problems. With time, we have gotten to understand and tolerate our short comings.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I am asking you to discuss in line of the discussion. You have done this many times. CR7 shouts at himself and hits his head when he plays poorly and he shouts at his team mates when they are wrong. Steven Gerard used to do it a lot.

It is not a bad habit when you are spurring your players on. You can not equate shouting at your players to do better to being silly on the field by biting an opponent.

You are using a different point to make the point stick and it makes me repeat myself again. They are not the same. CR7 is trying to spur his team mates to better themselves. Just as he pushes himself to achieve the extra ordinary.

Luis Suarez and Diego Costa do their tantrums at the detriment of their teams. They are totally different points.

We can take a look at our past debates it was the same thing, u are always right no matter what, u said Bony sucks but now he is banging in goals, u said don't bring up Manu but now we find out this are mostly his boys. I rather trade compliments than have an argument that is going nowhere. Luis Suarez is the best striker in the world, fact. U cannot compare faults and say one person has better faults than the other, they are both faults and I even credit Suarez more because he has totally changed, not one single incident since his return
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by StealthyMe(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2015
Dante Rigo is actually good...scored a freekick in the last match against Costa Rica, and wasn't given any breathing space by the Ricans. But he's totally unworthy of being the player to watch! I don't know why they're ignoring Osimhen undecided

The Mexican coach should be asked for adequate proof Nigeria & Mali have age cheats in their squads...and should be sanctioned if he fails to do so.

Haven't watched the Mexicans play, but am certain they'll be defeated by the Eaglets.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by bigblangston: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Darkness can not take away darkness. Blasting anyone to chase the person out of the thread is not the way to change the person's attitude.

If you are subtle, the person will notice and stop.

Most times, the e-fights go on during the tournament proper, when the teams of the threads are playing. The regulars here hardly have these duels.

She sometimes get hurt. That is enough to pull your leg of the throttle. Blasting her and telling others to let her leave is not ideal.

This is a relationship that span for years.

I remember arguing with her about Nacho joining City. That is almost two years ago. Telling her to leave will mean losing a long term understanding.

I do not think blasting her will encourage other ladies to stay.
duly noted bro, thanks!! Bt u guys closed to her shud tell her to take it easy on people when typing, she shud be considerate. Keep ur analysis coming, u made me a follower of this thread bt u r too biased when it comes to city whic is nt good for a gud sport analyst lik ursef, they must be neutral. They must nt shw dey ve an affinity to a club. My best city player ever is elano!! Been following city since d days of shinawatra bt I'm a gooner
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Abeg ooo..... No be this nite oo.....*smiles*

Oga Tomtoxic, wetin na? Na time machine u use enter future go view am?

**smiles**

sorry oh na naira land frontpage decieve me oh and as light nur dey I was wondering y nobody was updating about the match.
Apologise to everyone

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

We can take a look at our past debates it was the same thing, u are always right no matter what, u said Bony sucks but now he is banging in goals, u said don't bring up Manu but now we find out this are mostly his boys. I rather trade compliments than have an argument that is going nowhere. Luis Suarez is the best striker in the world, fact. U cannot compare faults and say one person has better faults than the other, they are both faults and I even credit Suarez more because he has totally changed, not one single incident since his return

[b]As I said, you are an expert in making things up. I can never say Bony sucks. I respect the technical director of the Citizens Txiki and Pellegrini so much to argue with them. I do not know jack about football compared to these men.

Even when Bony is having a poor run, I trust in the brilliance and the management of Man City to know that I am not seeing everything. Just like for instance, I prefer skillful, mobile players like Silva, Nacho, Nasri, Aguero and to an extent De Bruyne.

However, The City executives prefer Technical players that are not too mobile and fast like Toure, Fernando, Javi Garcia who left, Bony. Even our Wing backs are more on the technical side, like Sagna and Kolarov. I prefer Zabaletta and Clichy. I wish we could get Bellerin instead of keeping Sagna.

But, I trust the judgement of our coaches and staffs over my knowledge. I prefer Nacho to Bony, when Bony plays, he makes mistakes I believe Nacho will do better. I trust our team's management to believe there is a reason they bought Bony that I can not see.

Please check my comments, I hardly criticise City players, let alone saying Bony sucks. It is not true, I never said that.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:59am On Nov 05, 2015
Nashoji:
do you want to know how easy it is to know a Barcelona fan? just bring up topic(s) about Ronaldo. I never knew from Adam that you are a barcelona and messi fan, but your comments about ronaldo gave me the clue that you are one and I'm not wrong.

OMG, who are you to tell any player how to celebrate his/her goal? so, wild celebration now equate bad personality? ronaldo have the right to celebrate his goals any how he wants (even if it means jumping down from ten storey building), there is no law restricting him from any kind of celebration as far as it is not in front of opposition fans... going by your judgement, balotelli and joey Barton are great role models to young stars because they don't celebrate like ronaldo whenever they score.

how do you know that ronaldo's habit is bad? oh I almost forget that you now know who have a bad habit by mere watching them on the screen of television. I guess patience ozokwor is the worst mother or mother inlaw to live with and chiwetala agu must have killed the whole people in his village judging by what they do on the screen. bros, just forget that one, you simply don't like Ronaldo. period.

see this guy o, so are u Ronaldo's agent? I say what i see, i never said he doesn't flush his toilet.
Now let me step back and let u enjoy the 15 seconds u crave so much.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2015
bigblangston:
duly noted bro, thanks!! Bt u guys closed to her shud tell her to take it easy on people when typing, she shud be considerate. Keep ur analysis coming, u made me a follower of this thread bt u r too biased when it comes to city whic is nt good for a gud sport analyst lik ursef, they must be neutral. They must nt shw dey ve an affinity to a club. My best city player ever is elano!! Been following city since d days of shinawatra bt I'm a gooner
[b]
I honestly agree with you on the part of my biasness when it concerns City. That is why I consider myself first a Citizen before an analyst.

I hardly see faults in what we do. I will work on that but I assure you, it will be hard.

Sorry about the defeat yesterday, you guys met Bayern on their best day. The more you spend time here, the more we get to understand our differences.

When Icon4s became a regular commenter on the football threads, I hated his guts and sometimes skipped his comments. But now, I appreciate his comments and look forward to them. He is always on the opposing view when we start off but later his opposing view somehow merges with the others.

Thanks for reminding me of that great player Elano. He was brilliant. I wished it worked out for him and Mancini but Mancini had other plans. Elano was what I termed a matured player. He always knew the right thing to do on the pitch.

My best Arsenal player of all time is Henry, IGWE!!!

Followed by Kanu Nwankwo and then Patrick Veira. Ashley Cole was awesome along with Lauren.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 9:04am On Nov 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Hmmm Chile '87. I will never forget. That tourney was Nigeria's worst participation at any FIFA organised youth competition.

Nigeria won the maiden FIFA U16 tourney (yes U16 then) in 1985. Two years later was Chile 87. A couple of the former U16 boys were promoted to play an U21 tourney (yes U21 then) 2 yrs later.What we had was 17 & 18 yrs olds having to compete with 20 & 21 yrs olds from d rest of d world. Notable Players from d former U16: Sani Adamu, Nduka Ugbade, Jonathan Akpoborie, Victor Igbinoba (my then favorite), Lucky Agbons and co. This crop was joined by some Nigerian League players notably: Etim Esin (African Maradona, then was at d edge of signing for AA Gent of Belgium), Thompson Oliha (Green Eagles midfield maestro before JJ Okocha), Peter Nieketen(one of the most celebrated young players in d Nigerian league.Playing for one of those Lagos clubs; either ACB or Stationery stores)Willy Okpara and a host of others.

Earlier in the year Nigeria won silver at d U17 WC in Canada. Hopes were high that we can do it again. Remembering also dat we finished 3rd at the 1985 FIFA U21.

Our first game was against Brazil. Omo i say Brazil wan kill us. We were so outplayed in that first half and conceded 2goals. Second half Nigeria came back better but still conceded 2 more goals. It ended 4-0 in favour of Brazil. Oh I didn't feel like going to school the next day.

Our next game was against Italy and we lost 2-0. We only managed a 2-2 draw against Canada in the last grp game.

Well, Amuneke said he cannot remember anything about Chile '87. Very possible.Aside from being very young then Amuneke and I grew up in the same neighbourhood where only very few families owned a TV set. Our house was always full with neighbours coming to watch matches. I dnt think Amuneke's father owned a TV set (No ridicle meant). My Dad was a real football follower.He indoctrinated me into it.

Some peeps hu can cast their minds back to the U20 thread can remember i kept mentioning Chile '87 episode. The same issue of going to an U20 tourney with predominantly 17 &18 yrs olds.Even having to play Brazil again in our opening match which we still lost against but by 4-2(1st time we will b scoring against Brazil at U20). Before na always 4-0., 3-0, 2-0 & once 0-0.

So that is d Chile '87 memory o. Still fresh in my head. Just like yesterday. sad
good one from you Sir. Icon4s
thanks for this insightful piece.
But seriously Amuneke has proved most nigerians wrong including me. going into this tourney no one ever gave him to go far like this considering his performance at d african stage.
We all hope d eaglets re-write history @d stadio. Goodluck to d lads. Sir Mikron i salutes you where ever u de.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

As for Manu Garba, we were pissed because we knew he is an exceptional manager. To be honest, I only know one coach that has the kind of audacity of Manu Garba when it comes to coaching and that is the 1974 coach of Netherland, Rinus Michels.

So we do not dispute Manu Garba's brilliance or greatness. Our problem is what will make such a great and brilliant coach make blatant sloppy decisions.

For instance, why did he not make a final change when we were about to get knocked off the competition by Germany. We were down by one goal. You have one more change, time is running up. Manu had an individual brilliant player like Nacho on the bench and he refused to bring him in to try to keep us in the competition.

I prefer to learn than to be right. I wish someone can explain to me why Manu did not make that change. I wish I can learn why.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2015
hismail1:

Raul Gutierrez

Let me sing one of my favorite Lagbaja songs for this Mexican coach:

"Shey u wan play naija make u go to Oyingbo market go chatta plenty basket. Naija don getti respect. Ask Braziliya and Ask Argentina when we talk of soccerrrr! Nigeria l' oko Iya won." gringrin grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]As I said, you are an expert in making things up. I can never say Bony sucks. I respect the technical director of the Citizens Txiki and Pellegrini so much to argue with them. I do not know jack about football compared to these men.

Even when Bony is having a poor run, I trust in the brilliance and the management of Man City to know that I am not seeing everything. Just like for instance, I prefer skillful, mobile players like Silva, Nacho, Nasri, Aguero and to an extent De Bruyne.

However, The City executives prefer Technical players that are not too mobile and fast like Toure, Fernando, Javi Garcia who left, Bony. Even our Wing backs are more on the technical side, like Sagna and Kolarov. I prefer Zabaletta and Clichy. I wish we could get Bellerin instead of keeping Sagna.

But, I trust the judgement of our coaches and staffs over my knowledge. I prefer Nacho to Bony, when Bony plays, he makes mistakes I believe Nacho will do better. I trust our team's management to believe there is a reason they bought Bony that I can not see.

Please check my comments, I hardly criticise City players, let alone saying Bony sucks. It is not true, I never said that.
[/b]

Well just forget everything else i said and defend urself on one issue, I am done with this issue this thread is about our boys not you or I.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:13am On Nov 05, 2015
TheGoodJoe Vs Bascovanveli

This una self styled argument na wa o.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:13am On Nov 05, 2015
AIG07:

good one from you Sir. Icon4s
thanks for this insightful piece.
But seriously Amuneke has proved most nigerians wrong including me. going into this tourney no one ever gave him to go far like this considering his performance at d african stage.
We all hope d eaglets re-write history @d stadio. Goodluck to d lads. Sir Mikron i salutes you where ever u de.

I am impressed with Coach Amunike so far. I was supporting him as a fan hoping he does well but I admit, I did not expect such performances from his side.

My first shocker from Coach Amunike was when his team beat the U20 side of Boca Juniors.

So far, Coach Amunike has been impressive and I pray he continues.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Well just forget everything else i said and defend urself on one issue, I am done with this issue this thread is about our boys not you or I.

When I read a post, if I see something I do not agree with, most times, I comment on it and post. I go back after the post to continue reading to find out what I agree or disagree with. That is why it looks as if I am defending myself from only one thing you said.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:28am On Nov 05, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Pinnick: Amuneke has earned our respect
[/size]
NFF President Amaju Pinnick will be with the Golden Eaglets when they take on Mexico in the FIFA U-17 World Cup semi-finals on Thursday.

The NFF boss departed on Monday evening, following the Eaglets’ 3-0 thrashing of three –time winners Brazil in the quarter -finals on Sunday.

“I am very excited with the way the team has played so far, raising our country’s flag very high. The head coach, Emmanuel Amuneke has shown tremendous maturity and has managed the team and everything around it brilliantly.

“Amuneke is the kind of person you would naturally recommend for higher responsibilities. He has clearly rubbished all insinuations and dark innuendoes against him and has continued to do a marvelous job quietly. He has earned his respect.”

The Eaglets take on Mexico’s U-17 at the 30,000 –capacity Estadio Municipal Ester Roa in Concepcion, with the prospect of a second –ever all-African final looming large in the South American nation.

Mean and miserly (in terms of goals conceded so far – only one) Mali take on Belgium (the only European team left in contention) in Vina del Mar, which has become a home of sort to the Golden Eaglets and will host Sunday’s final.

Mali and Belgium play the first semi final, starting from 5pm (9pm Nigeria time), before the Nigeria, Mexico clash that will again kick off at midnight in Nigeria.

On Monday, NFF Deputy General Secretary, Emmanuel Ikpeme arrived in Chile to join the high–flying Golden Eaglets.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/pinnick-amuneke-has-earned-our-respect/

Honestly i don't want Amunike promoted he should get a raise and continue his good work, he can end up being a legendary coach at this level who brings us talented players that will make our main squad.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:31am On Nov 05, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]
I honestly agree with you on the part of my biasness when it concerns City. That is why I consider myself first a Citizen before an analyst.

I hardly see faults in what we do. I will work on that but I assure you, it will be hard.

Sorry about the defeat yesterday, you guys met Bayern on their best day. The more you spend time here, the more we get to understand our differences.

When Icon4s became a regular commenter on the football threads, I hated his guts and sometimes skipped his comments. But now, I appreciate his comments and look forward to them. He is always on the opposing view when we start off but later his opposing view somehow merges with the others.

Thanks for reminding me of that great player Elano. He was brilliant. I wished it worked out for him and Mancini but Mancini had other plans. Elano was what I termed a matured player. He always knew the right thing to do on the pitch.

My best Arsenal player of all time is Henry, IGWE!!!

Followed by Kanu Nwankwo and then Patrick Veira. Ashley Cole was awesome along with Lauren.
[/b]

Hahaha. I knew u hated my guts. But e no reach safarigirl own. She almost broke a bottle on my head.

But guys the most important thing here is tolerance. We need to understand that we are all right in our analysis and expectations. Football is so unpredictable and dynamic.

One of d reasons y my views conflict with most of u youngsters here is cos we belong to different era. I mean, the era when I really watched, read and dug deep into football was in the 1990s mayb upto early 2000s.I followed Kanu Nwankwo to Arsenal.I am still an Arsenal fan.

Now work and family issues are my priorities. I still creat time to analyse football on radio (rythm 93.7 fm Benin) on invitation.

Kudos to u guys. We are all learning from ourselves.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

When I read a post, if I see something I do not agree with, most times, I comment on it and post. I go back after the post to continue reading to find out what I agree or disagree with. That is why it looks as if I am defending myself from only one thing you said.

I have no problem with ur explanation and u should know i am not trying to seem more knowledgeable than u or anyone here. I would be talking sports with or without this tread because that is what i love to do.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Chrisx1x(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2015
hismail1:

Raul Gutierrez

hilarious,logical but untrue....
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:52am On Nov 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Nigeria won the maiden FIFA U16 tourney (yes U16 then) in 1985. Two years later was Chile 87. A couple of the former U16 boys were promoted to play an U21 tourney (yes U21 then) 2 yrs later.What we had was 17 & 18 yrs olds having to compete with 20 & 21 yrs olds from d rest of d world. Notable Players from d former U16: Sani Adamu, Nduka Ugbade, Jonathan Akpoborie, Victor Igbinoba (my then favorite), Lucky Agbons and co. This crop was joined by some Nigerian League players notably: Etim Esin (African Maradona, then was at d edge of signing for AA Gent of Belgium), Thompson Oliha (Green Eagles midfield maestro before JJ Okocha), Peter Nieketen(one of the most celebrated young players in d Nigerian league.Playing for one of those Lagos clubs; either ACB or Stationery stores) Willy Okpara and a host of others.

So that is d Chile '87 memory o. Still fresh in my head. Just like yesterday. sad
Yea thats another good and memorable one from one of the respected 'Elders of the thread' Sir Icon4s.

Honestly when I came across this news item, I knew with your age and football experience, you must have had one or two things to say about the Chile '87 Debacle since Coach Amanuke could not tell us more. I was also baffled when he said, he could not remember any thing about set '87.
Wao thats anothere good memory there, now waiting for TheGoodJoe.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Honestly i don't want Amunike promoted he should get a raise and continue his good work, he can end up being a legendary coach at this level who brings us talented players that will make our main squad.

Amuneke seems more tactically sound to me than Manu. I would prefer Amuneke to move with his boys to d U20 while Manu hu is equally good at talent discovery should be drafted back to d U17. The U20 level is far more tactical than the U17. Manu failed so lets try Amuneke at that level.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.