Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,733 members, 7,844,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156584 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
Icon4s:
The 2015 Mexican U17 is better than their 2013 tean While Nigeria's 2015 team is not as good as d 2013 team. And that made it a good matchup.

This Amuneke's team does nt play like a Nigerian side. If u understand how Nigeria typically plays u will understand my point.
Nigerian teams typically dance around with d ball with slow buildups. This Amuneke's team can turn defence into attack in less than 5secs!. They are not after ball possesion but direct play and many attempts at goal.
Each time d team moves forward u expect something to happen.

One remarkable thing about this team is they are packed with surprises. Eg u were surprised at how dey lost to Croatia.Surprised at how dey scored 3 goals in 5mins against Brazil. Surprised at how Mexico outplayef them in the first 20mins. Surprised at how dey quickly turned a 1-0 déficit plus playing poorly to a 2-1 lead and brilliant play within 8mins. Surprised at how d Mexican right back easily cut throw d defence to equalize for Mexico and surprised too as Ebere scored from almost nothing to make it 3-2.

More surprises await us in the final. I hope they will b positive surprises.
more than positive surprises u ll get
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Awoniyi Tips Eaglets For 5th Title, Praises “Future Strike Partner” Osimhen
[/size]

By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Former Golden Eaglets starlet Taiwo Awoniyi is confident the Nigerian U-17 side will defeat Mali and lift the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup title in Chile on Sunday night.

Awoniyi who was one of the heroes of Nigeria’s triumph in the United Arab Emirates in 2013 when the Eaglets won the U-17 World Cup for the fourth time spoke exclusively to Comple tesportsnigeria.com on the final of the competition in the South American country.

“Being in the final of any tournament is not an easy feat. I want to thank ‘father’ Emmanuel Amuneke for doing a good job,” Awoniyi, who is at 2 Bundesliga (German second division) club FSV Frankfurt on loan from Liverpool, told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

“He was instrumental in our winning the World Cup two years ago as one of the assistant coaches and now he has done a good job with this team. I pray they defend the title.

“They are a very good team and I know they can handle the challenges that Mali will pose.”
Speaking of the goal-scoring instincts of Golden Eaglets striker and leading scorer at Chile 2015, Victor Osimhen, who has scored nine times in six games, Awoniyi who himself scored four goals in the UAE revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com what messages he has received about their striking abilities.

“Victor and I are very similar in playing style. We also have the same physical attributes. I have received so many text messages from people who commend us.

They say we can be strike partners in future for Nigeria. There is not much difference between us. I hope he scores again in the final,” Awoniyi added.

The Nigeria versus Mali final will kick off 11pm Nigerian time Sunday night.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/awoniyi-tips-eaglets-for-5th-title-praises-future-strike-partner-osimhen/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Chile 2015: EPL Referee Oliver Proud To Handle Nigeria Vs Mali Final
[/size]
English Premier League referee Michael Oliver, who will handle the FIFA U-17 World Cup final between Nigeria and Mali, is proud of his assignment.

Refereeing certainly runs in the family for Oliver.
His father Clive is a former professional referee, while his wife Lucy officiates in the FA Women’s Super League. Oliver rose to prominence in his home country as the youngest ever person to referee an English Premier League match, and his refereeing family have one more reason to feel proud after he was selected to be the man in charge of the FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015 final, in his first FIFA tournament, aged 30.

“The main thing is my friends and family are proud of what we’ve achieved as a team generally, but also at this tournament,” Oliver told FIFA.com ahead of Sunday’s final. “My father told me to enjoy the occasion, do what you’ve done to get the appointment itself bu then don’t forget that it’s a very important game.”

Starting at such a young age – he took charge of first top flight match in England aged just 25 – he and his father worked in England’s professional leagues at the same time. In 2009 Clive refereed the fourth tier play-off final, and Michael took charge of the third tier play-off final the next day.

“He’s been a key influence on my career,” Oliver added in the FIFA.com feature. “That time we were both refereeing was a bit strange because we were competing against each other while he also had a great amount of knowledge to pass on, about players, teams and coaches.

“I’ve actually known Howard Webb for about 15 years because of my father.
“I spoke to him before coming out here about tournament life, what’s different and what things you go through. That’s been invaluable. I’ve spoken to him via text message ten or 12 times since I’ve been here and on the phone two or three times, just discussing games, situations in matches. I spoke to him after my appointment for the final was announced too.”

Oliver will be joined in the final by his compatriot assistant referees Stuart Burt and Gary Beswick and the English trio have said their time in Chile has been a positive experience.

“The first one for us, Honduras v Ecuador, was big because it was our first tournament, our first game,” Oliver said. “Then Mexico against Chile in the Round of 16. It was a warm day, a fast-paced game and when we got back to base camp in Santiago, people commented on the pace of the match and what a good game it was to watch. Both our games have gone well, hopefully we’ll continue that for the final.”

Tournament life has been a fresh new experience for Oliver. Away for a month, the intense day-to-day training, analysis and work cycle has been a change from life as a Premier League referee.

“Back home we’ve got sport scientists and it’s all monitored remotely, we go to a training camp every fortnight,” Oliver said.

“Here we’ve trained almost every day. Our training every morning has been with players, match situations, realistic things that you’re actually going to come across.

We’ve had four fitness instructors who have monitored our fitness, put us through sessions and they give us feedback every single day.

We’ve been asked to fill in scores of how we feel, how we’ve slept and our recovery rate. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the experience.”
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/chile-2015-epl-referee-oliver-proud-to-handle-nigeria-vs-mali-final/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
terzurum5:

[b]
Sir Icon4s, TheGoodJoe and many other persons here had already enlightened me, some few days ago, as to Amunike's choice of players and the reasons behind it, which I quite agree.

However, from the thinking of a non Coach, but a passionate fan with high expectations, I may still ask these questions.

How many of these guys can get average contracts with average Clubsides with what they have shown so far?

How many of these guys can walk in to the next U20 with what they have shown so far?

I know that they may produce the Cup, but what about the future?
Though am not God to look into the future.

Honestly Sir, I don't know how many youth competitions you have watched, but with what I have seen, so far hhhhhhhmmmmmmnnnnnn
...................................................................................................................................................... We have better players than 'some' of the players paraded by Coach Emmanuel Amunike.
Am not not in any way downgrading the boys and their performance. I am not a Coach, but this is my observation and opinion.

Once more, kudos to the technical crew and the boys as we look forward to going past the Malians this night.
[/b]
u will be surprised with what d boys will play tonight against mali, i dont know about u but i can confidently pick 6 boys out of this team for the next under 20 team. 3 goals to 1 is all i ask from them against the mouthy malians

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
There are very few obvious stand-outs in this team but at under 17 level, you can't really say, who will have a successful career. Onazi has had a better career than Ramon Azeez and Stanley Okoro. Kayode Olanrewaju has had a better career than Sani Emmanuel and Egbedi. (Some of these guys were probably older than 17)

The stars of the team are not always the ones with the best careers. It depends on the decisions, they make after the tournament.

Chidiebere Nwakali can hardly get a game in Girona, Musa Muhammed is not playing in Turkey, Awoniyi is hardly playing in Germany.

From the last set, Ndidi, Success and Iheanacho are ahead of their mates... I believe Awoniyi will make it too (because he has been on the bench, unlike the rest).

In the next few years, we will see which of the last set will have decent careers.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
Belgium and Mexico still goalless after 53 minutes
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
I tip Mexico to get the better of the Belgians........ I know they're "crest-fallen" after that "defeat" coz they came all out........ But Uhm.... Belgium leads 1-0 rite now.......*smiles*
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
70 minutes gone, Belgium 1-0 Mexico
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Till waiting to see if the Mexicans will pick themselves up by getting a goal....... Or will Belgium produce a "shock"?? Hmmmm........ Well, still thinks Mexico will come back but hey! Belgium still leading..........*smiles*
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
83 minutes. Still 1-0
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
safarigirl:
83 minutes. Still 1-0

Nah, it is 2:1 belgium... Mexico equalized almost immediately but Belgium scored again
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
Score is 2:1

The FIFA website is not reporting the correct score... I am watching the match
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
2:2

Mexico Equalise
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
Injury time...
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
Mexico pressing for a winner..
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
mikron:
u will be surprised with what d boys will play tonight against mali, i dont know about u but i can confidently pick 6 boys out of this team for the next under 20 team. 3 goals to 1 is all i ask from them against the mouthy malians

I will be very happy if these lads surprise and prove me wrong more than what they have done. I actually doubted them right from what they showed during the CAF U17 Campionship earlier this year, coupled with their not too impressive opening match.

They started surprising me and further proving me wrong in their subsequent matches.
I will be pleased the more is they prove me wrong the more. I wished them well for the tournament, but never believed they could go this far.

I never gave them a chance sincerely speaking, but see how far they have come. I should also be glad if 6 six of them if not more, prove me wrong by graduating to U20.
I will keenly watch out as these guys prepare to make history.

Yeeeeeeeep!!!....................................................................................................
Zeeeeeeeeeep!!!

**Tightens sitbelt for our next match to begin**

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
Wow... Belgium hit them on the counter

3:2 Belgium
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
Mexico get a red.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
Last minute goal wins Bronze for Belgium

3:2
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
Mexico were a bit naive in pressing for a winner... Belgium caught them with a sucker punch.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Well, Congrats to the Belgians........ *smiles*

I wasn't expecting this but the Mexicans showed why I tipped them earlier.

Didn't watch the game but followed stats from Fifa.com for the first half and twitter for the 2nd. Seems Fifa.com "got hung" at 59 mins......*smiles*

I noticed and "switched channels"......*winks*

So uhm...... Congrats Belgium.... Another reason why I think Rigo stands a chance for the top 3 Mvp podium.

NOW....... FOR THE GAME "THAT REALLY INTERESTS ME AS WITH ANYONE FOLLOWING SOCCER"....... 11pm loading.........*smiles*

Let's roll shall we..........*smiles*
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
Those red cards mean neither Belgium nor Mexico are in the running for the "FAIR PLAY AWARD".........

Hmmm........ let's see how things turn out....... *smiles*
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 10:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Those red cards mean neither Belgium nor Mexico are in the running for the "FAIR PLAY AWARD".........

Hmmm........ let's see how things turn out....... *smiles*
now at viewing center. God help us. Abeg on d televison man
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
terzurum5:

I will be very happy if these lads surprise and prove me wrong more than what they have done. I actually doubted them right from what they showed during the CAF U17 Campionship earlier this year, coupled with their not too impressive opening match.

They started surprising me and further proving me wrong in their subsequent matches.
I will be pleased the more is they prove me wrong the more. I wished them well for the tournament, but never believed they could go this far.

I never gave them a chance sincerely speaking, but see how far they have come. I should also be glad if 6 six of them if not more, prove me wrong by graduating to U20.
I will keenly watch out as these guys prepare to make history.

Yeeeeeeeep!!!....................................................................................................
Zeeeeeeeeeep!!!

**Tightens sitbelt for our next match to begin**

that's the spirit, we re taking this one, no doubt about that. Count down begins. 3-1 naija. Let's go there

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
tbaba1234:
Last minute goal wins Bronze for Belgium

3:2

Very Similar to Japan 1993 U17. Won by Kanu, Oruma, Celestine Babayaro and co.

A lot of similarities in a way. The Golden Eaglets beat Poland and the Ghanaians beat Chile to get to the all AFRICAN U17 finals. The game went into extra time, although it ended in Penalties, the team we played, Poland lost to the team Ghana played Chile. Chile took the bronze Medal.

Interesting.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
I expect a very strong performance, my players to watch for are Bamigboye and Chukwueze but i don't expect Osimhen to stop scoring.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
mikron:
that's the spirit, we re taking this one, no doubt about that. Count down begins. 3-1 naija. Let's go there
i tot u've slept ni
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by inimitkel(m): 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
Honestly the Belgians really surprised me defeating the supposed stronger side mexicans
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
Japan 93

Ojigwe
Anosike
Oruma
Kanu
Emmanuel and celestine Babayaro
Mobi Oparaku

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
tbaba1234:
Japan 93

Ojigwe
Anosike
Oruma
Kanu
Emmanuel and celestine Babayaro
Mobi Oparaku

Italy had Buffon and Totti. Talk of men who have had long careers.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Italy had Buffon and Totti. Talk of men who have had long careers.

Samuel Kuffour played for Ghana

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
Why will the penalty be taken by Ebere? smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.