Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,743 members, 7,827,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156234 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

At this stage of their career, I think is better they get training with top equipments in a World Class facility before playing professionally. I think Manchester City will provide that.
They need small Team to develop! Moses is enjoying Champions League because he's is playing for a small Team in Europe!
Success is playing every week at Granada, so as Ndidi!
They shouldn't eye Big Clubs in Europe, rather concentrate on their development! I wouldn't be surprised if Iheanacho is loaned out next Season. He's enjoying few minutes on the pitch because of Aguero's injury! Can Awoniyi break into the first Team of Liverpool by next Season? Future Impossible Tense, same goes to Nwakali (Senior).
Ahmed Musa should be seen as a role Model! He's enjoying his games, playing week in week out, and winning Medals with his Club!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:41am On Nov 09, 2015
tbaba1234:
If Nigeria does not cheat, we can dominate at this level.... We have seen it in the last 2 championships... There are many young talents abound...

Too many, even as this set is celebrated, you still know that there are many good players who could make this team and do very well.

I hope the foreign clubs like Manchester City, Ajax and PSV opens academies in Nigeria to help hunt young talents. It will benefit these clubs in the long run.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:42am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Even if they do not break through, which I doubt, when they leave, they will walk into clubs with a lot of experiences from their professional training. Manchester City youngsters leave the club and walk into starting line up of good clubs.

For Instance Boyata at Celtics.

See the senior Nwakali, He has been loaned out... He can't even get games there... Perhaps if he went to a more modest club, he would be playing and getting experience by now.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:45am On Nov 09, 2015
adeyemi2015:

They need small Team to develop! Moses is enjoying Champions League because he's is playing for a small Team in Europe!
Success is playing every week at Granada, so as Ndidi!
They shouldn't eye Big Clubs in Europe, rather concentrate on their development! I wouldn't be surprised if Iheanacho is loaned out next Season. He's enjoying few minutes on the pitch because of Aguero's injury! Can Awoniyi breaks into the first Team of Liverpool by next Season? Future Impossible Tense, same goes to Nwakali (Senior).
Ahmed Musa should be seen as a role Model! He's enjoying his games, playing week in week out, and winning Medals with his Club!

You can not put Musa in that category. Ahmed Musa left this country as a top performer in our local league. CSKA Moscow is actually a big club.

If these boys development is important, they need ti go to World Class academies with World Class coaches. Get some top training to nurture their talent. Just like what Nacho got when he went to Manchester City academy and the coaches discovered he was a striker.

If he went for an early professional career, he might never know he was destined to strike. The club would have signed him as a creative midfielder.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:47am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You can not put Musa in that category. Ahmed Musa left this country as a top performer in our local league. CSKA Moscow is actually a big club.

If these boys development is important, they need ti go to World Class academies with World Class coaches. Get some top training to nurture their talent. Just like what Nacho got when he went to Manchester City academy and the coaches discovered he was a striker.

If he went for an early professional career, he might never know he was destined to strike. The club would have signed him as a creative midfielder.

Musa went to vvv venlo in Holland before CSKA.

It does not take a genius to convert a player...
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:52am On Nov 09, 2015
tbaba1234:

See the senior Nwakali, He has been loaned out... He can't even get games there... Perhaps if he went to a more modest club, he would be playing and getting experience by now.

Chidebere Nwakali has received his training at the Man City academy. He worked closely with Pellegrini during the First preseason games.

He is at Spain to get the experience of the way The Spanish people play. He is a respected talents by the Citizens. If they bring him back, they will try to get him games.

It does not mean because he is not playing games that he is not going to play. Bruno Zuculini who is also a young midfielder that plays for City went on load last season without much games.

They are still Citizens and the ckub is monitoring their progress.

If he does not make it, he is well equipped to try his luck somewhere else. What is important at this stage is training and not pursuing a career.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:56am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Chidebere Nwakali has received his training at the Man City academy. He worked closely with Pellegrini during the First preseason games.

He is at Spain to get the experience of the way The Spanish people play. He is a respected talents by the Citizens. If they bring him back, they will try to get him games.

It does not mean because he is not playing games that he is not going to play. Bruno Zuculini who is also a young midfielder that plays for City went on load last season without much games.

They are still Citizens and the ckub is monitoring their progress.

If he does not make it, he is well equipped to try his luck somewhere else. What is important at this stage is training and not pursuing a career.

Nwakali is 18/19... He should be playing games now... It is not enough to just train....
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:57am On Nov 09, 2015
tbaba1234:

Musa went to vvv venlo in Holland before CSKA.

It does not take a genius to convert a player...

As I said before, he was already a top talent in the local league. So his case is different. It also takes genius to convert a creative midfielder to an all out striker.

Jay Jay Okocha always stressed that he was not a midfielder but a striker. I believed if he was given that opportunity, he would have been one of football's greatest strikers but no coach had the guts to do it.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:01am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

As I said before, he was already a top talent in the local league. So his case is different. It also takes genius to convert a creative midfielder to an all out striker.

Jay Jay Okocha always stressed that he was not a midfielder but a striker. I believed if he was given that opportunity, he would have been one of football's greatest strikers but no coach had the guts to do it.

Iheanacho already had a good goal scoring rate so he is easy to convert... Wenger converted Kolo Toure to a CB, Ndidi has been converted to a defensive midfielder in Genk, Yobo was converted to a CB in Belgium too..

Anywhere the players go, good coaches can convert them.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2015
tbaba1234:

Iheanacho already had a good goal scoring rate so he is easy to convert... Wenger converted Kolo Toure to a CB, Ndidi has been converted to a defensive midfielder in Genk, Yobo was converted to a CB in Belgium too..

Anywhere the players go, good coaches can convert them.

I am glad you said good coaches and not any coach. These players need good coaches now. If they go to other clubs and they lack in anything, the clubs will drop them.

The academy of Man City have good coaches that will see these boys as people who need to learn things. They will coach them on these things, spend more time with them. When they are ready, they can fight for their places in the team and go somewhere else.

There are players who would do better in another positions but the coaches failed to convert them, so I do not think it is right to make conversion an easy feat.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2015
As for Joseph1013, Congratulations for faith and courage to stand by these boys even after they came under heavy criticism. I understand why you said "Success has many Friends" because the backlash on them was too much.

You created this thread and believed for long. The belief spread out to many who followed along.

terzurum5 kept this thread alive and I appreciate your effort.

And, to Sir Icon4s for insisting this was a championship winning team, even after Croatia beat our Golden Eaglets.

I doff my heart to you guys.

To all lovers of Nigerian football, Pop Champagne because more trophies are on the way.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2015
tbaba1234:

So that they can turn him to Mikel Obi?
u guys should chill dis Mikel mata na if he had gone to man u he might have been worse common he is having a better career Dan dat Brazilian Anderson that man u took na
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

u guys should chill dis Mikel mata na if he had gone to man u he might have been worse common he is having a better career Dan dat Brazilian Anderson that man u took na

I agree but he lost his attacking flair
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:26am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

I believe Mikel would have done well at Man Utd because his pattern suited the Philosophy of Sir Alex. His style was similar to Paul Scholes and Sir Alex wanted a partner for Scholes.

Sir Alex flew to Norway three times to convince Mikel to join Man Utd. Ferguson never did that for any player in his whole career. It showed how much belief Sir Alex had in Mikel. A belief Mourinho never had. Mourinho just bought Mikel to stop a rival from getting a top talent. Chelsea went on to sign Ballack after that. That showed Mourinho had no plans to play Mikel.

After Sir Alex lost Mikel, he signed Carrick which is similar to Mikel and Carrick had a long career there.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 7:32am On Nov 09, 2015
see he plays more as a defensive player now its like gent converting ndidi to a DM so he is going to play higher in the field so Mikel playing backward will lose some of his attacking flair.
if messi has continued as an AMF not striker he would be winning assist leader in Europe but now he contest for the golden boot cuz he plays higher.
so where ever u play determines which of ur attributes will dominate
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 7:40am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I believe Mikel would have done well at Man Utd because his pattern suited the Philosophy of Sir Alex. His style was similar to Paul Scholes and Sir Alex wanted a partner for Scholes.

Sir Alex flew to Norway three times to convince Mikel to join Man Utd. Ferguson never did that for any player in his whole career. It showed how much belief Sir Alex had in Mikel. A belief Mourinho never had. Mourinho just bought Mikel to stop a rival from getting a top talent. Chelsea went on to sign Ballack after that. That showed Mourinho had no plans to play Mikel.

After Sir Alex lost Mikel, he signed Carrick which is similar to Mikel and Carrick had a long career there.
bro it seems u're not getting my point oh okay Ferguson travelled thrice to see him (1st of its kind) Ferguson as far back as 2001 shelled out £30m for veron (1st of its kind) it didn't still work out so travelling to see him shows you want him but is not a guarantee that the transfer will work.
am not trying to defend my beloved father(mou) am just saying we are not gods we don't knw which deal will work out.pipo make it seem like Ferguson would perform magic but he recorded several transfers that still flopped
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:47am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

bro it seems u're not getting my point oh okay Ferguson travelled thrice to see him (1st of its kind) Ferguson as far back as 2001 shelled out £30m for veron (1st of its kind) it didn't still work out so travelling to see him shows you want him but is not a guarantee that the transfer will work.
am not trying to defend my beloved father(mou) am just saying we are not gods we don't knw which deal will work out.pipo make it seem like Ferguson would perform magic but he recorded several transfers that still flopped

There is no guarantee that the transfer will work but Sir Alex had belief in Mikel. Mourinho did not. Mikel never played as a Central midfielder, let alone as a creative Midfielder. Mikel did not come close to becoming one of the football greats because there was no plan for his growth at Chelsea.

Sir Alex had a position empty after the departure of Roy Keane. He believed Mikel would suit that role.

It would have been better for Mikel to go to a coach who believed he was great than go to Mourinho who had zero plans for him.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 7:56am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

There is no guarantee that the transfer will work but Sir Alex had belief in Mikel. Mourinho did not. Mikel never played as a Central midfielder, let alone as a creative Midfielder. Mikel did not come close to becoming one of the football greats because there was no plan for his growth at Chelsea.

Sir Alex had a position empty after the departure of Roy Keane. He believed Mikel would suit that role.

It would have been better for Mikel to go to a coach who believed he was great than go to Mourinho who had zero plans for him.
u can't say mourinho didn't believe in Mikel because he did not play him in CM or AMF would u say pellegrini does not believe in nacho because he doesn't play him in midfield? if mourinho didn't believe in mou he wouldnt have even had game time in Chelsea he would have just been like Ben haim or even recently djilobodji.u would agree with me that he got more play time in his 1st season than even nacho is getting now so if that's not belief in a player then what is it?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:58am On Nov 09, 2015
CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

There was a touching moment after the FIFA
U-17 World Cup final as the winning captain
Kelechi Nwakali left the pitch. A screaming fan
caught the eye of the Nigeria skipper from the
stands directly next to the tunnel. Looking up to
the youngster, the No10, fresh from claiming the
adidas Golden Ball as the most outstanding
player at Chile 2015 as well as lifting the trophy
itself, waved. It was clear there was one thing
the young Chilean wanted. Without hesitation
Nwakali rolled the armband down his arm and
threw it towards the fan. It was caught by
another supporter and passed to him. The
scream of delight from the youngster put a huge
grin on all those who witnessed the act of
kindness.
It was a small episode on a heady night for the
humble captain, and displayed a softer side to
the character of the ASJ Academy midfielder
who had otherwise been a brutal enforcer and
instigator of attacks throughout the tournament.
He shone so brightly with his performances, as
well as his three goals and three assists that he
ended up with the award for best player of the
tournament.
“I thank God for the opportunity to win this
award,” Nwakali said exclusively to FIFA.com
after the final. “It means so much.”
The midfielder was quick to place the effort of
his team-mates at the forefront of the
conversation, making sure to praise their hard
work and diligence throughout their time in Chile.
“Right from the game against the USA, when we
arrived in Chile, our aim was to defend the
trophy,” Nwakali said. “We believed the only way
we could do this was hard work. We approached
each game with hard work and seriousness. Any
team that came to Chile worked for it.”
To play in a World Cup final and win
the trophy is amazing. Not just
winning it, but defending it.
Kelechi Nwakali, adidas Golden Ball winner and
U-17 World Cup-winning captain.
That ethos saw Nigeria motor to the final,
topping their group and flying past Australia and
Brazil in the Round of 16 and quarter-final
respectively before a titanic clash against
Mexico.
“They are a strong side,” Nwakali said of El Tri .
“We believed that when it came to U-17 level,
they have been there and done it already. Even
though we came from behind, we knew we had
to work hard, that is our philosophy.”
Those continuing references to diligence and
industry were selected carefully by Nwakali,
aware as the mouthpiece of the team that he
needed to set an example. Leading by example
on the pitch in that rematch of the 2013 U-17
World Cup finale with a stunning goal from a
free-kick, he helped set up an all-African final,
for only the second time in the tournament’s
history. That armband was tight on Nwakali’s
arm as he led his side out in Vina Del Mar.
“Playing in the final is the dream of every young
player,” the beaming No10 said. “To play in a
World Cup final and win the trophy is amazing.
Not just winning it, but defending it.”
Every young player certainly does dream of
reaching a global final, and lifting the trophy as
captain. Somewhere in Vina Del Mar, a young boy
is probably still clutching that sacred piece of
yellow piece of cloth tossed to him by a World
Cup-winning captain, and dreaming of emulating
Nwakali one day.

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/y=2015/m=11/news=nwakali-passing-on-the-armband-2731556.html
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:02am On Nov 09, 2015
Nwakali makes history- First time 2 brothers are winning a FIFA tournament consecutively

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:08am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

u can't say mourinho didn't believe in Mikel because he did not play him in CM or AMF would u say pellegrini does not believe in nacho because he doesn't play him in midfield? if mourinho didn't believe in mou he wouldnt have even had game time in Chelsea he would have just been like Ben haim or even recently djilobodji.u would agree with me that he got more play time in his 1st season than even nacho is getting now so if that's not belief in a player then what is it?

Mourinho did not believe in him. Would Mourinho buy Ballack and tell Ballack to play as a defensive midfielder?

Mikel complained that he can not tackle. He never could. That is why he amassed a lot of red cards. Remember, there was a time Mikel was arrested for driving after drinking during a Chelsea game. Frustration wanted to kill the young man.

Mourinho did not believe in him. There was no need to sign Mikel when he had Lampard, Ballack coming in and Essien.

At Manchester United, Mikel was Sir Alex's only hope. He believed he was the one to fill a big void left by Roy Keane.

You can never compare the level of belief both Coaches had in Mikel.

When Nacho plays upfront, he looks better and promising than when he plays as a midfielder.

Mikel looks poor as a defensive midfielder. You can not compare them.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

If Sir Alex signed Mikel, he would not want a Michael Ballack to add to his team. Mourinho still signed Ballack when Mikel could do the job.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 8:40am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Mourinho did not believe in him. Would Mourinho buy Ballack and tell Ballack to play as a defensive midfielder?

Mikel complained that he can not tackle. He never could. That is why he amassed a lot of red cards. Remember, there was a time Mikel was arrested for driving after drinking during a Chelsea game. Frustration wanted to kill the young man.

Mourinho did not believe in him. There was no need to sign Mikel when he had Lampard, Ballack coming in and Essien.

At Manchester United, Mikel was Sir Alex's only hope. He believed he was the one to fill a big void left by Roy Keane.

You can never compare the level of belief both Coaches had in Mikel.

When Nacho plays upfront, he looks better and promising than when he plays as a midfielder.

Mikel looks poor as a defensive midfielder. You can not compare them.
u can't use the number of players in a role to determine belief or unbelief the 2 base midfield role in Chelsea (DM or CM) always consist of four or five players in Mikels time there was ballack lampard essien now check out dis we had loftus cheek we still bought matic making it loftus cheek ramires Mikel matic even fabregas that's 5 players don't they all get game time.maybe if loftus cheek doesn't have a stellar career u would blame it on mou and Chelsea but since his debut mou has been supportive even giving him game time in the UCL so its up to the player oh.
u also addressed Mikel not being able to tackle (I hope u knw most times he gets among the 3 highest interceptions in Chelsea matches) same thing goes for gotze who comes in as a sub in the no 9 role he keeps complaining that's not his role pep still lives him there so there is always an attribute a coach would see that would make him change a players role
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2015
These boys are basically just in secondary school and there is no way to know who will make it or not. Its like a graduating class there is no way to know who will be a doctor or lawyer, passing Jamb doesn't guarantee a university degree. We should share their joy with them and not put them on pressure so soon, some of them will not make it and that is totally ok because this moment has been carved in the history book.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If Sir Alex signed Mikel, he would not want a Michael Ballack to add to his team. Mourinho still signed Ballack when Mikel could do the job.
I am proudly a United Fan, and I think I can be more objective with the argument. If Man United under Sir Alex signed Mikel, he was gonna be shipped down to the Academy and eventually sold out! He's not gonna make the first Team, except playing League Cup Matches!
Sentiment apart, Sir Alex didn't appreciate African Players during his management. Manouche was a top notch before he signed for Man United, how did it end up for him?!
Mikel won many Trophies at Chelsea, including the most coveted European Trophy!
Mourinho did a fine a job with Mikel, he needed someone to replace Makelele and Mikel was believed by him to be the best choice!
Mourinho had believe in Mikel, he played him well and gave him chances despite the abundant presence of the experienced Players in the Rank!
BTW - we saw how Pogba saga panned out under Sir Alex Ferguson!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56am On Nov 09, 2015
adeyemi2015:

I am proudly a United Fan, and I think I can be more objective with the argument. If Man United under Sir Alex signed Mikel, he was gonna be shipped down to the Academy and eventually sold out! He's not gonna make the first Team, except playing League Cup Matches!
Sentiment apart, Sir Alex didn't appreciate African Players during his management. Manouche was a top notch before he signed for Man United, how did it end up for him?!
Mourinho did a fine a job with Mikel, he needed someone to replace Makelele and Mikel was believed by him to be the best choice!
Mourinho had believe in Mikel, he played him well and gave him chances despite the abundant presence of the experienced Players in the Rank!

[b]I used to be a die hard Manchester United fan. I was a United fan during the Manucho deal. So I can tell you about that. Manucho would have succeeded in another club if he was top notch. After Manchester United, his career plummeted.

Manucho was an experiment by Carlos Queiroz who I think was born in Angola were Manucho originated. When Queiroz left, the experiment ended.

Mikel was a hundred percent Ferguson's project.

Mourinho did not do a fine job with Mikel because Mikel will never be rated as one of the football greats. Look at his peers like Silva, Llorente and Fabregas. They are more respected.

You can never compare Mikel when he plays for Coach Oliseh and Coach Keshi to Mikel at Chelsea.

At the World Club cup, Many Chelsea fans wondered if it was the same person at the tournament that plays for Chelsea.

How can that be a good job.

The faith Sir Alex had in Mikel is different from the faith Sir Alex showed in any other foreign player. So your theory of Mikel getting shipped out is false. [/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:01am On Nov 09, 2015
adeyemi2015:

BTW - we saw how Pogba saga panned out under Sir Alex Ferguson!

Pogba was impatient to learn from the greatest midfielder of all time as far as I am concerned. Paul Scholes.

Sir Alex thought that Pogba was ready and he let Paul Scholes retire. After he tried Pogba, he noticed the young man lacked a lot when it comes to keeping possession and controlling the game. An attribute he still lacks at Juventus today. If he learnt that lesson, he would have been the one to replace Andreas Pirlo.

Sir Alex wanted him to sit down and watch Scholes play for one year but the Pogba was not ready and chose to pursue fame.

This quality, Mikel had it naturally. That was why Sir Alex was crazy about Mikel and chased him differently from the way he chased any other player in his whole career.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2015
Icon4s:

Emmm but u said after watching them for d first 20mins of dat first match against d USA that they will crash out at d group stage.

U also said Croatia were favorites to lift d trophy. Mali easily beat Croatia and Nigeria easily brushed Mali aside. Does that tell u something abt that Cro vs Nig match?
I sure u have learnt alot from this tournament.
I remember safarigirl too was in hot argument with u on this case.

Can you pls quote and refer me to where I said that they would crash out at the group stage.

Croatia remains a good team irrespective of the loss against Mali. I tipped Mali to beat them but was confident that they would beat Germany. I said that they had something about them which formed the opinion I had about them. I still believe that the duo of Moro and majic would hit it big.

Nigeria and Mali were my favourites and I'm glad Naija won in style and with a mighty swag... cool
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

u can't use the number of players in a role to determine belief or unbelief the 2 base midfield role in Chelsea (DM or CM) always consist of four or five players in Mikels time there was ballack lampard essien now check out dis we had loftus cheek we still bought matic making it loftus cheek ramires Mikel matic even fabregas that's 5 players don't they all get game time.maybe if loftus cheek doesn't have a stellar career u would blame it on mou and Chelsea but since his debut mou has been supportive even giving him game time in the UCL so its up to the player oh.
u also addressed Mikel not being able to tackle (I hope u knw most times he gets among the 3 highest interceptions in Chelsea matches) same thing goes for gotze who comes in as a sub in the no 9 role he keeps complaining that's not his role pep still lives him there so there is always an attribute a coach would see that would make him change a players role

Mourinho would not buy Matic if he believed in Mikel and Loftus-Cheek. Are you saying Mourinho believes in Mikel more than Matic?

The man never believed Mikel. That is why despite being the second best player in the African footballer of the year, he went ahead to buy Matic and dropped Mikel on the bench. Mourinho never believed Mikel. He just did not want a rival to have a talent they wanted. Just as he signed Pedro to stop Manchester united from signing Pedro.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

Mikel had to learn to intercept because he can not tackle. Tackles and interceptions are two different things.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2015
@ icon4s,

Nigeria played a totally different game from what we saw earlier. Their game improved tremendously from the semis against Mexico. I think Nwakali played a vital part of that resurgence. He really stepped up his game. It was like watching a Mikel of 2005 and yaya Toure molded together. Who would believe that they would suppress, dominate and our class the Malians the way they did yesterday.

Statistics shows that Nigeria had better possession, more shots on target, better attack and tackles won.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 9:26am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I am glad you said good coaches and not any coach. These players need good coaches now. If they go to other clubs and they lack in anything, the clubs will drop them.

The academy of Man City have good coaches that will see these boys as people who need to learn things. They will coach them on these things, spend more time with them. When they are ready, they can fight for their places in the team and go somewhere else.

There are players who would do better in another positions but the coaches failed to convert them, so I do not think it is right to make conversion an easy feat.
why only manchester city?
Are there no other clubs around

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.