Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156233 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 1:20am On Nov 09, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
Udoh was the best goalie I don't care what FIFA says.
the mali keeper is better bro
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 1:21am On Nov 09, 2015
awards. GOLDEN BALL:kelechi nwakali SILVER BALL:victor osimhen BRONZE BALL:malle of Mali
GOLDEN BOOT:victor osimhen SILVER BOOT:eggenstein BRONZE BOOT:kelechi nwakali
GOLDEN GLOVE:Samuel diarra d pk catcher

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:23am On Nov 09, 2015
Yeah.... You were spot on with the awards. Just that I knew Kelechi would take it.

Funnily, all 3 players were found in my top 11 for the tournament.

Safarihoney......... You're the Bomb........*smiles*

safarigirl:
Well, I predicted most of the awards correctly.

Save for Osimhen's silver ball....

Happy for Nwakali, got his MVP just like his name sake and a bronze boot (rather than Silver). Oya Man City, you can come and carry.....or Arsenal preferably

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 1:24am On Nov 09, 2015
safarigirl:

Happy for Nwakali, got his MVP just like his name sake and a bronze boot (rather than Silver). Oya Man City, you can come and carry.....or Arsenal preferably
come oh na only una go dey carry? what of my beloved chelsea
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:27am On Nov 09, 2015
enomakos:
Not to me bro
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by P0intBlank(m): 1:37am On Nov 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah.... You were spot on with the awards. Just that I knew Kelechi would take it.

Funnily, all 3 players were found in my top 11 for the tournament.

Safarihoney......... You're the Bomb........*smiles*

Bros, I hail o
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:38am On Nov 09, 2015
In 1985, Buhari named the team Golden Eaglets after their first victory... He is the president for their 5th victory...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:38am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

So that they can turn him to Mikel Obi?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 1:40am On Nov 09, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Not to me bro
but he is good?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 1:43am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:
God forbids you wan ruin their career?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:45am On Nov 09, 2015
Nigeria needs to develop the league... Imagine what we can achieve by having a good, competitive league.... Those that can not go abroad can develop at home and live comfortably... All league clubs can discover Iheanachos and develop them...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by napoleon5: 1:46am On Nov 09, 2015
Blessed are you the sovereign God of all,to you be the glory forever and ever

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by suaveman(m): 1:51am On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

No! thanks. Last time i checked, Mourinho still achors chelsea...
Tomtoxic:

Tomtoxic:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by napoleon5: 1:55am On Nov 09, 2015
can't help but think about Usein Bolt whenever i look at Osinhem,for breaking and setting a huge record.i wish him the best

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:02am On Nov 09, 2015
safarigirl:

So them no reserve anything for Rigo of Belgium - FIFA website's columnist favorite player to watch.At least dey achieved their aim of drawing attention to d player. I wont b surprised, thats d kind of player that sign big contracts. 2Morrow now u go see him for Barca's youth team.Too much racism in football.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by P0intBlank(m): 2:08am On Nov 09, 2015
enomakos:

Well, it's close. I think Udoh just nicked it. He came to d rescue times without number.Were it not for him, we would have been punished severely for our slow starts (see the stats)

Udoh. vs. Diarra
Goals Conceded. 5 - 4
Clean Sheets. 4 - 4
Saves. 24 - 17
Save Rate. 82.7% - 80.9%

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:38am On Nov 09, 2015
Actually You're Right...... Udoh is the best goalie..... The Fifa.com section recording Goalies' save rate percentage shows Udoh "IS THE BEST" with 82.8% (24 saves 5 against).

Mali's Samuel Diarra made 81% (17 saves 4 against).

Both featured in same number of matches.....(7)

Diarra taking the "Golden Gloves" award was "mere compensation" but he's very good no doubt but Udoh is better and indeed is the tournament's best all-round Goalie and thanks Heavens Statistics have proven it true.

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/statistics/players/defending.html

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/statistics/index.html

BascoVanVeli:
Udoh was the best goalie I don't care what FIFA says.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:42am On Nov 09, 2015
Yeah, Greetings Sir..... Good to "see" you again **smiles***
P0intBlank:

Bros, I hail o

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 4:31am On Nov 09, 2015
tbaba1234:
I look at Amuneke's list and it is dominated by one section of the country. I wonder how much scouting was actually done. Manu's team was a reflection of Nigeria, you could tell that the scouting was extensive. I find Amuneke's list to be too one sided in that sense. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that this was the best he found.

He selected the best for the business and they grew in strength, corrected their errors during the tournament.

They defeated the best teams in the tournament, they played very beautiful football in the final match and they delivered.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:16am On Nov 09, 2015
adidas Golden Ball - FIFA U-17 World Cup Final

UAE 2013
Kelechi IHEANACHO GF 6, ASS 7, MinP 564
NATHAN GF 5, ASS 5, MinP 427
Ivan OCHOA GF 4, ASS 1, MinP 630

Mexico 2011
Julio GOMEZ GF 3, ASS 1, MinP 551
Jorge ESPERICUETA GF 2, ASS 0, MinP 630
Carlos FIERRO GF 4, ASS 2, MinP 625

Nigeria 2009
Sani EMMANUEL GF 5, ASS 0, MinP 220
Nassim BEN KHALIFA GF 4, ASS 3, MinP 637
Ramon AZEEZ GF 1, ASS 1, MinP 630

Korea 2007
Toni KROOS GF 5, ASS 5, MinP 540
Macauley CHRISANTUS GF 7, ASS 3, MinP 604
BOJAN GF 5, ASS 1, MinP 499

Peru 2005
ANDERSON GF 2, ASS 6, MinP 363
Giovani DOS SANTOS GF 0, ASS 6, MinP 448
Nuri SAHIN GF 4, ASS 3, MinP 539

Finland 2003
Cesc FABREGAS GF 5, ASS 1, MinP 431
EVANDRO GF 4, ASS 1, MinP 481
David SILVA GF 3, ASS 0, MinP 175

Trinidad and Tobago 2001
Florent SINAMA PONGOLLE GF 9, ASS 0, MinP 535
Anthony LE TALLEC GF 3, ASS 0, MinP 506
Femi OPABUNMI GF 5, ASS 0, MinP 539

New Zealand 1999
Landon DONOVAN GF 3, ASS 0, MinP 570
DaMarcus BEASLEY GF 1, ASS 0, MinP 569
Alvaro MENESES GF 1, ASS 0, MinP 390

Egypt 1997
SERGIO SANTAMARIA GF 2, ASS 0, MinP 487
FABIO PINTO GF 4, ASS 0, MinP 521
Isaac OWUSU GF 0, ASS 0, MinP 305

Ecuador 1995
Mohamed AL KATHIRI GF 5, ASS 0, MinP 540

Japan 1993
Daniel ADDO GF 3, ASS 0, MinP 570

Italy 1991
Nii Odartey LAMPTEY GF 4, ASS 0, MinP 570

Scotland 1989
James WILL GF 0, ASS 0, MinP 570

Canada 1987
Philip OSUNDO GF 4, ASS 0, MinP 570

China PR 1985
WILLIAM GF 5, ASS 0, MinP 490adidas Golden Ball - FIFA U-17 World Cup Final

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:56am On Nov 09, 2015
A special congratulations to Coach Emmanuel Amunike, His technical crew and his Golden Boys. It is not a coincidence. This is a historical moment of the team.

As for the NFF, I hope we root out all the negative vices there. Imagine Amaju Pinnick under pressure to sack a coach who qualified for the tournament.

Coach Amunike and his crew have not been paid as they went to the tournament. Is that not a way to sabotage their great effort.

As for Kelechi Nwakali and Victor Osimhen, I have two words for you. MANCHESTER CITY.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:07am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
A special congratulations to Coach Emmanuel Amunike, His technical crew and his Golden Boys. It is not a coincidence. This is a historical moment of the team.

As for the NFF, I hope we root out all the negative vices there. Imagine Amaju Pinnick under pressure to sack a coach who qualified for the tournament.

Coach Amunike and his crew have not been paid as they went to the tournament. Is that not a way to sabotage their great effort.

As for Kelechi Nwakali and Victor Osimhen, I have two words for you. MANCHESTER CITY.

Ndidi plays every week in Belgium... Success too...

They should go where they can play weekly...
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:20am On Nov 09, 2015
gbosaa:

He selected the best for the business and they grew in strength, corrected their errors during the tournament.

They defeated the best teams in the tournament, they played very beautiful football in the final match and they delivered.

Emmm but u said after watching them for d first 20mins of dat first match against d USA that they will crash out at d group stage.

U also said Croatia were favorites to lift d trophy. Mali easily beat Croatia and Nigeria easily brushed Mali aside. Does that tell u something abt that Cro vs Nig match?
I sure u have learnt alot from this tournament.
I remember safarigirl too was in hot argument with u on this case.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:27am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:28am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:29am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:30am On Nov 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:31am On Nov 09, 2015
tbaba1234:

Ndidi plays every week in Belgium... Success too...

They should go where they can play weekly...

At this stage of their career, I think is better they get training with top equipments in a World Class facility before playing professionally. I think Manchester City will provide that.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 09, 2015
I congratulate the Team's Coaching Staff led by Amuneke, the Players led by Nwakali and the Fans here led by the OP Terzurum05!

Congratulations to all!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:33am On Nov 09, 2015
If Nigeria does not cheat, we can dominate at this level.... We have seen it in the last 2 championships... There are many young talents abound...
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:34am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

At this stage of their career, I think is better they get training with top equipments in a World Class facility before playing professionally. I think Manchester City will provide that.

Yes but it is very hard for a youth player to break through... Better to start small and move up...
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:38am On Nov 09, 2015
tbaba1234:

Yes but it is very hard for a youth player to break through... Better to start small and move up...

Even if they do not break through, which I doubt, when they leave, they will walk into clubs with a lot of experiences from their professional training. Manchester City youngsters leave the club and walk into starting line up of good clubs.

For Instance Boyata at Celtics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.