Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156134 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Niger 2015: Sultan challenges Eaglets[/size]

His Eminence, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa'ad Abubakar IV, the Sultan of Sokoto, has charged the Golden Eaglets to ' go and bring the African Under-17 Championship trophy' as he prayed for the team's successful outing at Niger 2015 holding in Niger between February 15 and March 1.

The national U-17 team who are in Sokoto to finalise their preparation for the tournament, paid a courtesy call on the titular ruler of Sokoto in his palace on Monday at the behest of Kogunan Sakwatto, Mallam Danladi Nasir Bako - the Sokoto's state commissioner for information.

Disciplined

In the presence of some of his high-ranking palace chiefs, the Sultan who is a keen follower of soccer, advised the youngsters to be disciplined and focus on the assignment at hand in Niger in order to bring honour to the country.

- I'm very happy to receive on behalf of the hospitable people of Sokoto and I want to believe this is the first time some of you are coming to the palace, the Sultan told his guest led by Coach Emmanuel Amuneke.

- In fact, this is the first time we are hosting a national team here at the palace and I'm particularly delighted to formally welcome all of you to the palace as this would afford you the opportunity to know that the Sultan is a human being like you.

Thrilled

The Amirul Mumineen said he was thrilled that the team dimmed it fit to pay him a courtesy call and seek blessings before embarking on the trip to Niger and counselled they remained good ambassadors of the country.

He further counselled officials to continue to play fatherly roles to the players who he warned 'to obey without question.

- We want you to be good ambassadors of this country when you go to Niger and personally, I want you to go and bring the trophy again to Nigeria. But even as you do this, you must be disciplined and listen to your coaches because without discipline you cannot achieve much even as a footballer, he further said.

Counselled

The former military officer further counselled the players never to neglect their education and never to be carried away with the stardom of being footballers.

Both Coach Amuneke and Captain Kelechi Nwakali took turn to thank the Sultan and the palace chiefs for finding time out of their busy schedule to host and offered prayers on behalf of the team, promising to do everything humanly possible and in the true spirit of sportsmanship, to conquer the continent in Niger.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
[b][size=14pt]NFF send goodwill message to Eaglets[/size]

The President of Nigeria Football Federation(NFF), Mr. Amaju Pinnick, has told the Golden Eaglets to be fearless in their quest to conquer the continent at the 11th African Under-17 Championship which kicks-off on Sunday in Niamey.

The Nigeria's Under-17 team last won the trophy in 2007 and nearly went all the way in Morocco the last time in 2013 only to lose to Junior Elephants of Cote d'Ivoire via 5-4 penalty shoot-out after 1-1draw.

Threshold

In a goodwill message delivered to the team yesterday by Chairman of Chairmen, Alhaji Musa Ibrahim Gusau, on behalf of the board and management of the NFF, Mr. Pinnick was quoted as saying that the present team is on the threshold of history if they can conquer the continent again.

- You have a big task ahead of you because you are the team to beat in Niger because as the defending champions of the Under-17 World Cup, no team would take it easy with you, Gusau told players and officials of the team after watching their training at the Giginya Memorial Stadium.

- The President asked me to come and let you know that we are solidly behind you; and we are confident that you would do well at the championship in Niger.

Absent

He informed that Mr. Pinnick was unavoidably absent to see the team in Sokoto due to other engagements but has promised to be in Niamey in the later stages of the competition.

- We believe in you and though the president cannot come here to watch your trainings, he is confident that you would go far in Niger and by the grace of God, he would be with you later to give his support, he explained.

Encouraged

Gusau further advised the players on total commitment to the task and also encouraged them to listen to the instructions of their coaches following their selection after a long and difficult process.

In his response, Coach Emmanuel Amuneke thanked the NFF under the leadership of Mr. Pinnick, saying his wards are rearing to go all the way at Niger 2015 :

- We are not going to make many promises but on behalf of this team , Insha Allah (by the grace of God), we shallbring smiles to the faces of Nigerians.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
[b][size=14pt]NFF Make Final Plans For Eaglets[/size]

In its determination to ensure a very successful for the U-17 National Team, Golden Eaglets, at the 11th African U-17 Championship in Niger Republic, the Nigeria Football Federation has been actualizing plans to make the team’s stay in that country comfortable.

As part of this strategy, the NFF Director of Competitions, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi was in Niamey, capital of Niger Republic last week to meet with prominent personalities within the Local Organizing Committee and officials of the Embassy of Nigeria.

“I had meetings with the top officials of the local organizing committee of the championship, including the President of LOC, General Secretary of FENIFOOT and the Head of Competitions. Our meetings centred on accommodation and transportation of Team Nigeria during the championship, as well as accreditation of the Nigeria delegation, ticketing and other logistics.

“I also met with the top people in the Embassy of Nigeria in Niamey, with particular emphasis on ticket issues.”

Dr. Sanusi also discussed with members of the local organizing committee of the 11th African Junior Championship on the movement of the Nigeria team into Niger Republic.

“Since they are having their final training camp in Sokoto, we are making arrangements for them to move into Niamey by road, and I have intimated the organizers and we have finalized on security arrangement for the team.”

The Nigeria team of 21 players, 10 officials and a number of administrative officials will depart Sokoto for Niamey on Thursday, 12th February. The Eaglets will stay at the Hotel Royale Palace, with their first two matches (against host Niger Republic and Guinea) at the Stade General Seyni Kountche, while the last match (against Zambia) will take place at the Stade Municipal, which has artificial turf.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Niger 2015: Eaglets to stay at Royal Palace Hotel[/size]

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has revealed that the Golden Eaglets would be accommodated at Royal Palace Hotel during their campaign at the 11th African U-17 Championship in Niger.

The newly-built hotel is reportedly a four-star facility and the NFF has already secured rooms for the team after thorough inspection by Director of Competitions, Dr. Muhammed Sanusi.

Proximity

According to him, the Royal Palace Hotel is tidy and within close proximity to the Stade Général Seyni Kountché (SGSK) multi-purpose stadium where Golden Eaglets will play their first two matches against host Niger and Guinea on February 15 and 18 respectively.

- The NFF is doing the best to ensure there won't be any hitch when you travel to Niamey and we have secured your accommodation at the Royal
Palace Hotel, informed Sanusi.

- In fact, we are very lucky since you are going to be the only team to be accommodated there after the ballot for hotels were made in Equatorial Guinea by CAF.

Confidence

- I'm confident you won't to have much difficulty even with the weather since coming to Sokoto has provided you the opportunity to acclimatise before going to Niamey, added Sanusi.

Meanwhile, the Local Organising committee of Niger 2015 has appointed Haruna as the Team Liaison officer (TLO) to the Golden Eaglets.

Haruna reportedly has close affinity with Nigerians after playing for Lobi Stars and Kano Pillars in the past.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Niger 2015: Nigerian community pledges Eaglets support[/size]

The Nigerian community in Niger have pledged to be vociferous in their support for the Golden Eaglets when the Africa U17 Championship kicks off in that country at the weekend.

The planned support was revealed by NFF Director Of Competitions, Dr Mohammed Sanusi, following his meetings and consultations in Niamey ahead of the tournament.

Maximum

- The Nigeria community in Niger Republic is also eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Golden Eaglets, the world champions.

- They have promised to give the Eaglets maximum support to go all the way and win the African trophy, which will serve as a launch-pad towards retaining the FIFA U-17 World Cup title in Chile later this year.

Artificial

The Eaglets will stay at the Hotel Royale Palace, with their first two matches (against host Niger Republic and Guinea) at the Stade General Seyni Kountche.

The last match (against Zambia) will take place at the Stade Municipal, which has artificial turf.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by benitochakone(m): 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
would the matches be aired live by super sports??
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Amuneke Gives Sokoto Full Praise[/size]

Former Super Eagles winger and former African Footballer of the Year, Emmanuel Amunke who is in-charge of the national U17 team, the Golden Eaglets was full of praise for the passionate Sokoto football fans after his team devour Fasbir Integrated Football Academy in a 4-1 win at the Giginya Memorial Stadium in Sokoto on Wednesday.

Amuneke was visibly impressed with the massive turnout of the fans at the stadium to witness the Eagkets play their last warm up match before the tournament proper, Niger 2015.

"First and foremost, we want to thank the people of Sokoto for their hospitality and support to us since the first day we arrived here," Amuneke stated.

"Our appreciations also go to the Sultan, the government and ordinary fans who are wishing us well as we travel to Niger for the African Under-17 championship."

Speaking further, Amuneke said the youngsters from Fasbir have nothing to be ashamed because they put up a brave performance against the Niamey-bound Golden Eaglets.

"Personally, I'm taking some positives from this match since it allowed us to see how much we have adapted to the weather in Sokoto which is almost the same we are going to meet in Niamey," he noted.

"I must also commend Fasbir because this is about the best academy we have played, I don't want to single out a particular player but collectively, I like them because this is what a model academy should be."

Meanwhile, the Golden Eaglets made of 21 players and 10 officials would depart Sokoto for Niamey on Thursday to seek glory at the 11th African U-17 Championship slated to hold between February 15 and March 1.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
[b][size=14pt]How Golden Eaglets Beat Fasbir Academy 4-1[/size]

The Golden Eaglets made sure they will leave Nigeria for Niger on a high after the Amuneke-tutored boys handed Fasbir Football Academy a big defeat.

The test match which ended 4-1 in favour of the Eaglets against Fasbir Football Academy at the Giginya Memorial Stadium in Sokoto on Wednesday will serves as the final match to round up the Golden Eaglets preparation towards Niger 2015.

Golden Eaglets scored twice through Victor Osimhen and Suleiman Abdullahi via penalties in the first half with additional two goals by substitutes Christian Charles and Samuel Chukwueze while Fasbir's was also a first-half penalty goal by goalkeeper Yusuf Yusha'u who was adjudged the man-of-the match.

The match was watched by an enthusiastic crowd including Mallam Muhammed Nasiru Saidu, Chairman of Sokoto Football Association; Coach Siji Lagunju of the NFF amongst others.

But the stadium did not come alive until the 20th minute when Suleiman Muhammed waltzed his way into the box and flicked the ball on the path of Victor Osimhen whose twice-taken shot was stopped by agile goalkeeper Yusha'u.

Six minutes later, Suleiman Abdullahi who wore the captain's band broke free from the right flank but was brought down in his stride inside the box; Osimhen converted the resultant penalty kick to give the Golden Eaglets the lead.

But four minutes later, the Golden Eaglets conceded a penalty after the ball bounced off the hand of a defender following a corner kick and goalkeeper Yusha'u stepped forward to fire the penalty behind goalkeeper Amos Benjamin.

Eaglets took the lead towards the end of the first half courtesy of another penalty in the 44th after Osimhen was brought down with only the goalkeeper to beat and Suleiman smartly dispatched the ball behind Yusha'u yet again.

The Golden Eaglets virtually took control of the match on resumption of the second half following the introduction of Kelechi Nwakali, Samuel Chukwueze and Orji Okonkwo but Yusha'u foiled their attacking initiatives time and again. But with ten minutes to spare, the Golden Eaglets added two quick goals courtesy of Christian Charles at the end of a triangular pass involving Abdullahi and Ayodeji Bamidele in the 80th minute. Two minutes later, Chukwueze slotted the last goal during a goalmouth melee.

Golden Eaglets Team List Vs. Fasbir: A.Benjamin(A.Udoh 56)- A.Saddam(L.John); L. Halilu(A.Bamidele 77); C.Kanu;A.Usman;A. Ukoh(K.Nwakali); K. Michael;S. Abdullahi; E.Osinachi(O.Okonwo 45); V. Osimhen(C.Charles 74); S.Muhammed(S.Chukwueze 45).[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
Joseph1013, have you watched the present U17? Can they be world champions?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
tbaba1234:
Joseph1013, have you watched the present U17? Can they be world champions?

Truthfully, they are a delightful bunch. I wanted them to have been included in the Super 6 tournament. You guys would have been pleasantly surprised and impressed by the work that Amuneke is doing. But I understand NFF's decision not to.

Gives me great pleasure to know that we do not just have great talents in this country, but we are also focused to developing them and now making sure that real U-17 boys are playing for these tournaments.

No one knows tomorrow so I won't assure you 100% that they will be World Champs but tbaba1234, watch out for these boys.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
And that Kelechi Nwakali...hmmm.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
joseph1013:
And that Kelechi Nwakali...hmmm.

Is he better than his bro?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
tbaba1234:

Is he better than his bro?

I sincerely think so. And he is a leader!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
good luck golden eaglets

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:56am On Feb 13, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Nigerians In Niamey Welcome Eaglets[/size]

The Golden Eaglets arrived in Niamey on Thursday for the 11th African Under-17 Championship and the enjoyed some royal welcome courtesy of local-based Nigeria Football Supporters Club.

Flag-waving members of the NFSC led by their chairman, Sidney Sunday Ubanna, rode in a motorcade with the team to their new abode in Niamey , Palace Royale Hotel , where accommodation have been reserved for the team.

The Nigerians assured the team of total support for the team throughout their stay in Niamey. A representative of Nigeria Ambassador to Niger, who was unavoidably absent, was also at the hotel to welcome the team.

"Some of us were actually in Sokoto yesterday when you played the friendly match against Fasbir and we were really impressed with the performance of the boys," said Sidney.

"We are also expecting more of our members and we are going to support the team all the way at this championship."

Meanwhile, Coach Emmanuel Amuneke on arrival, told the players to remain focussed about the assignment at hand.

"We thank God we arrived safely here in Niamey and we have to remain focussed in the next two weeks in order to achieve our objectives," he said.

"We are here for business and by the grace of God; it shall be well with us here in Niamey."

The Eaglets will train twice on Friday and once on Saturday to strategise for their first match .

The Golden Eaglets would open their Niger 2015 account with the championship's opening fixture against the host, Niger on Sunday at the Stade Général Seyni Kountché (SGSK) multi-purpose stadium.

They are drawn in Group A where they would also play Guinea and Zambia on February 18 and 21 respectively. The Championship holds between February 15 and March 1 with the semi-finalists to represent the continent at the 2015 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in Chile in October.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
benitochakone:
would the matches be aired live by super sports??
I tried to make enquiries and have not gotten any positive feedback.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
joseph1013:

I tried to make enquiries and have not gotten any positive feedback.

It will be on supersport select, first game

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by benitochakone(m): 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
thanks for the info
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Eaglets Coach More Interested In Performance[/size]

Golden Eaglets coach, Emmanuel Amuneke has told sl10.ng that he is unperturbed about how they travelled to Niger, but is only concerned about how his team fares.

The Nigerian U17’s arrived Niamey, the capital city of Niger for the CAF U17 Championship on Thursday by road from Sokoto State, a development which drew the ire of so many Nigerians, especially the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN), given the security challenges and the volatile nature of that region.

But Amuneke says he isn’t concentrating too much on their mode of travel, but is paying more attention to the performance of his team.

“I really am not thinking too much about how we got to Niger, my concern is about my team and how we fare in this tournament.

“I know some people were not happy with the way we travelled but I have always said the most important thing is for us to do well in Niger.

“I have already told my players they must forget every other thing and concentrate solely on having a good show because they will receive the rewards if we win the tournament,” Amuneke said.

The Nigerians are in group A of the competition, and will play hosts Niger, Guinea and Zambia for a place in the semifinal and the FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2015
[b]Glass House Mandates Eaglets To Return With U17 Trophy

The Nigeria Football Federation has handed down a win-the-trophy mandate to the U-17 National Team, Golden Eaglets, as they begin campaign in the 11th African U-17 Championship in Niger Republic on Sunday.

Speaking in Abuja on Friday, NFF President Amaju Pinnick reflected that as champions of the world, the Eaglets have no business finishing lower than first place at the continental finals.

“The NFF is giving the Golden Eaglets total support to conquer in Niger Republic. Our belief is that we have a team to conquer Africa. As champions of the world, we have no reason not to win in Africa.

“Coach Emmanuel Amuneke and his assistants have been doing a great job. I watched the team a number of times and I could see in the players the hunger to achieve. “

The Eaglets start their campaign on Sunday, as they tango with host nation Nigeria Republic at the General Seyni Kountche Stadium in Niamey, starting from 3pm.

The Nigerian delegation of 21 players and 10 officials, led by NFF’s Director of Competitions, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi, arrived in Niamey on Thursday amid pomp and pageantry, laid on by the Nigerian community in Niger Republic.

After playing Niger Republic on Sunday, the world champions clash with Guinea on 18th February and then with Zambia on 21st February.
Their first two matches are at the General Seyni Kountche Stadium, while the third is at the Stade Municipal, which has artificial turf.

All four semi-finalists at the championship in Niamey will qualify to represent Africa at the FIFA U-17 World Cup taking place in Chile, 17th November – 8th December, 2015.

Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali and South Africa contest in Group B.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
[b]Suleiman Wants Eaglets Win As Birthday Gift

Sulieman Muhammad's birthday coincides with the Golden Eaglets first match at the 11th African U-17 Championship "Niger 2015", against host Niger on Sunday and he has said only a victory will do.

Nicknamed "Yaro" by his team mates, Sulieman is one of the new faces in the team but has been impressive since he was drafted after the team's last open screening.

"I'm very lucky to be part of this team," said a very shy Suleiman with a cherry smile.

Suleiman has every reason to be happy after he missed out of the national Under-15 team that won the soccer Gold medal at the African Youth Olympic Games in Botswana last year.

"I was not happy when my friends went to Botswana but I'm happy now," he said.

Suleiman who hails from Nigeria's soccer city, Jos, said he would be the happiest guy on Sunday should the Golden Eaglets win their opening match against Niger.

"Insha Allah (by the grace of God), we shall beat Niger on Sunday and I have begged my team- mates to make it a special day for me,"explained Suleiman, whose favourite foods include rice and spaghetti.

Born February 15, 2000, Suleiman is the third in a family with three other boys and girls and revealed he wants to make his family proud.

"I'm the first person to play football in the family and it is my prayer that I become a great footballer," he said.

"The only thing I love besides playing football is prayers; and I pray before matches and Insha Allah, we are going to win on Sunday," he added.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2015
[b]Eaglets Should Start U17 Championship With A Win

The Golden Eaglets in the last edition of the african U17 Championship in Morocco lost to Ivory Coast in the final but dusted all opponent at the world stage to lift the FIFA U17 World Cup in UAE.

Emmanuel Amuneke and his wards will no doubt be feared by opponent at the African U17 Championship inclusive of the host, Niger who know that any slip will end in an embarrassing way against the current World Cup champions, Nigeria.

The Golden Eaglets are an instant favorite to be tournament champions at Niger 2015 and the record by the class of 2013 might also pressure the young lads from Nigeria to perform hence the need to start the tournament on a wining note.

Amuneke knows this and he has predicted a tough opener against the host, Niger on Sunday at the Stade Général Seyni Kountché (SGSK).

"The first game is very important and we want to win irrespective of the fact that we are meeting Niger," said Amuneke who scored a brace in the 2-1 win over Zambia at 1994 African Cup of Nations Final Match.

"Of course, we know it is never going to be an easy match because both teams would like to win. We have told the players in clear terms that we want nothing but victory against Niger," he said.

"We need to psychologically prepare ourselves in all circumstances because in football, you can never neglect the inconveniences. Our idea is that we want to win though we don't know what the match can bring, we must be able to resolve the issue," Amuneke concluded.

The Golden Eaglets who are drawn in Group A, would subsequently play Guinea and Zambia on February 18 and 21 respectively.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
[b]Osimhen: I'm Going To Score

As Nigeria's U17 at the Africa U17 Championship in Niger get ready to take on the host of the 2015 tournament, Niger on Sunday, one of the strikers of the Eaglets, Victor Osimhen has said confidently that his team is ready to get a victory.

The forward, Osimhen has scored a cumulative 18 goals in 38 matches (official and friendly) on the road to Niger 2015 and he remains upbeat about getting on the score sheet yet again.

"First and foremost, we want to thank God for bringing us here safely," said Osimhen, who was recruited from Lagos-based Ultimate Strikers.

"Against Niger on Sunday, we are expecting nothing but victory because we have worked so hard to reach this stage."

"We remain confident going into this match because our coaches have told us about how important is this match. They have reminded us about hard work, focus and consistency because without these three things, we can't achieve our objectives here.

"Personally, I'm not under any pressure going against Niger on Sunday and by the grace of God, I'm going to deliver if I'm lucky to be fielded because we have a team that boast of other good strikers.

"I'm confident because I'm in a good condition and I have the belief that I'm going to score."

"Yes, we know we are going to play against two teams on Sunday; the Niger's team and the crowd but we have prepared well for this assignment," said Osimhen who is the last born of his parents.

"We want Nigerians to continue to pray for us to move forward and they should expect nothing but a successful tournament from us by the grace of God."
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
[b]Confident Eaglets Aren't Under Pressure To Perform

Captain of Nigeria's U17 team, the Golden Eaglets, Kelechi Nwakali, has stated that the Eaglets are not under any pressure ahead of their top of the drawer encounter against host Niger at the 30,000 capacity Stade Général Seyni Kountché (SGSK) as the 2015 U-17 Championship gets underway.

As expected, the Golden Eaglets would be hard pressed by the home team for obvious reasons as their fore bearers defeated their host 4-1 at the same venue in one of the qualifiers towards Morocco 2013. So it would be a case of Déjà vu on Sunday and Nwakali said he and his teammates are ready for the encounter,

"We are not under pressure of playing against the host Niger," said the attacking midfielder who is the junior brother of Chidiebere Nwakali who was a member of the 2013 World Cup-winning team.

"Rather, it is a great honour for us to start the competition against the host and we are ready to face the challenges."

He revealed that the coaching crew have updated them on what to expect playing in front of a partisan home fans, adding the onus is now on them to deliver the goods. Said Nwakali.

"The Coaching Crew, have told us this is the most important match because if we win, it would boost our confidence for the other matches in order to qualify for the World Cup in Chile. Once we win our first game, we would be relaxed to play the other two group matches."

Nwakali has been the fulcrum of the team since he led his teammates to a third-place finish at the WAFU B Tournament in April 2013 and he reckoned that they are ready to go all the way in Niger.

"We came third the first time I led out the team to a tournament in Togo," recalled Nwakali. "The experience was good exposure for us, we were disappointed in Togo but we are here in Niger to correct ourselves and do much better."
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by benitochakone(m): 9:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
i checked the supersport schedule but cant seem to see the station airing the match rather the second match of the day was advertised...guess we would have to do with updates via the internet
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
benitochakone:
i checked the supersport schedule but cant seem to see the station airing the match rather the second match of the day was advertised...guess we would have to do with updates via the internet

Supersport select, 233...
From 3pm
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by benitochakone(m): 9:22am On Feb 15, 2015
thanks
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:41am On Feb 15, 2015
tbaba1234:

Supersport select, 233...
From 3pm
Are u sure?
Well i don go locate and dust my uhf/vhf antenae. Patapata na local NTA i go watch am.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by benitochakone(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2015
hahaha.....i hope it is aired cos the camera quality of supersports is muc
h beta than our Naija stations

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
Icon4s:

Are u sure?
Well i don go locate and dust my uhf/vhf antenae. Patapata na local NTA i go watch am.

you can check your dstv schedule. I checked it
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by etebefia: 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
Will dstv show the match? It's not in their schedule all stations
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
tbaba1234:

you can check your dstv schedule. I checked it
Ok will do that again right away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.