Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (481035 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
terzurum5:
e.g. lol
hahaha.. .. Them plenty small.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
peterd53:

boss der is no nid 2 panic, Germany was place with a group with Uzbekistan, d same Uzbekistan trash by Korea. just compare D's

Korea vs Uzbekistan: 5-0
Germany vs Uzbekistan:3-0
Nigeria vs Korea 4-0
Nigeria vs Germany; wat do u ExpectGermany wer so superior ,2 der opponent and I guessder defense is weak 2 d extent DAT Fiji and Honduras score dem.
so kip calm nd watch!!!

GO SUPER FLYING EAGLE'S
The 3 friendly games the Super Flying Eagles played with the German U-23 teams is just a near reharsal of what is going to happen to them on thursday. I think they played the matches and won in this order: 5-2, 4-1 & 5-0. Total no of goals scored was 14. Goals conceded were 3. Total no of friendlies played against the German clubs was 3.0. Goals FE are expected to score against the Germans is 14-3/3.0
=11/3.0
=3.6666667 Goooooaaaaallllllssss
Awoniyi will score 3 goals
Kelechi Eheanacho 1 goal
1 goal (0.6666667) will be disallowed by the ref.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by daveP(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
naturalwaves:

well,nice analogy you've got there just that Nacho might not be mature enough to stick to that Messi role. Yesterday,Luis Enrique's tactics was spot on,he knew all eyes would be on Messi and gave him a bit of withdrawn role.
lol. Well we all know the diff between them (minus time) is just the trophies..(for another day)

luckily there's no one that the germans can say they want to manmark.(the sweetest part of it). Whereas, that their num 8 has attracted attention and we go showam.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It was Haruna that the German player fouled in the Germany Vs Nigeria 2009 U20 ( CFCfan pointed it out earlier). Haruna got the ball and he wanted to send the ball forward to the attacking line. [b]Then he changed his mind and decided to be the next Jay Jay Okocha.

The German player pushed him off the ball and Haruna waited for a foul instead of chasing. To cap it up, when they reached our post, who else but that wasted Keeper Emeka Okafor (Still wondering where Siasia found him).

That is how we conceded. It is time to right that wrong.[/b]
lol.....

GoodJoe u no go kill me with this ya post ooooo......

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
khattab02:
hahaha.. .. Them plenty small.

I would have loved you to give just one example but I wouldn't so as not to derail the thread hahahahahahah

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
peterd53:

boss der is no nid 2 panic, Germany was place with a group with Uzbekistan, d same Uzbekistan trash by Korea. just compare D's

Korea vs Uzbekistan: 5-0
Germany vs Uzbekistan:3-0
Nigeria vs Korea 4-0
Nigeria vs Germany; wat do u ExpectGermany wer so superior ,2 der opponent and I guessder defense is weak 2 d extent DAT Fiji and Honduras score dem.
so kip calm nd watch!!!

GO SUPER FLYING EAGLE'S
alright sir. Weldone!!!

I belieeeevvve!!!!

#Go Super Flying Eagles!!!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
terzurum5:

I would have loved you to give just one example but I wouldn't so as not to derail the thread hahahahahahah
lol... Ok let me give u one, Sunderland.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
khattab02:
lol... Ok let me give u one, Sunderland.
Hmmmmmnnnnnnn
You en! I knw say this Sunderland wey you talk no be 4rm ur mind lailai. In any case, based on say me no dey ur mind na. I stil gbadu 4 u lol.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by naturalwaves: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
daveP:
lol. Well we all know the diff between them (minus time) is just the trophies..(for another day)

luckily there's no one that the germans can say they want to manmark.(the sweetest part of it). Whereas, that their num 8 has attracted attention and we go showam.
What's his name(the no 8 guy) make I go mark am? I've not had the chance to follow up the Germans.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
enomakos:
before i reply you i need to know how old is he?
Can he talk but the speech is a bit difficult to understands?or he can't talk at all?

I have sent you an email. Please I am waiting for a reply.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
Any news on Sokari injury? I pray he will be fully fit for Germany
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
terzurum5:

Hmmmmmnnnnnnn
You en! I knw say this Sunderland wey you talk no be 4rm ur mind lailai. In any case, based on say me no dey ur mind na. I stil gbadu 4 u lol.
lol... Thank you! Even if I no mention others sha but Sunderland na definitely one of them.

Thank you!!!

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Lexysmart247: 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
EagleScribes:
Any news on Sokari injury? I pray he will be fully fit for Germany

Forget that guy , iron man and very rugged ,pure ajepako .... Let's wait till tomorrow they shld give us an update .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ajf(m): 9:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
adeyemi2015:

I had the bold part to contend with! Based on your point; is Argentina better than Brazil? Yes, because they won the South America Championship! But where are the Argies now? Out of the Competition pitifully!
If we could whitewash the German Clubs, the three Clubs respectively with mouthwatering scorelines who says we can't beat their national Team?
Time we tell dude! I know the Lads will prove you Guys wrong convincingly and credibly!!!
Mind you we need God in all our endeavors!!!

This is not about proving anybody wrong or right. I never said Nigeria cannot beat Germany. Heck! It's even stated boldly in the post you quoted that I believe Nigeria can defeat Germany. I just think it's smarter to avoid more difficult teams in the early knockout stage IF YOU CAN.

Now to the first part of your comment. Which U-20 national team do you think is the best in Africa? And why do you think they are the best?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ajf(m): 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
olapluto:

Wrong. The winner plays Ghana or Mali.
No vex jare my brother. Na that useless FIFA website dey confuse pesin. I was on mobile before and so couldn't see the fixtures bracket...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
psamies24:
Celebrating a goal that ll give us the European Champs as opponent? That's none of my business.
why have u been negative regarding our team all through? if u dont have faith in the team then why bother following and commenting? let them be abeg. if they are European champions then what are we? African fourth placed team? maybe the african runners up. last i checked we re also the African champions
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
psamies24:
Celebrating a goal that ll give us the European Champs as opponent? That's none of my business.
besides what gave u this impression the Germans re unbeatable?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 9:59pm On Jun 07, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I have sent you an email. Please I am waiting for a reply.
i have reply you joe
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
terzurum5:

The 3 friendly games the Super Flying Eagles played with the German U-23 teams is just a near reharsal of what is going to happen to them on thursday. I think they played the matches and won in this order: 5-2, 4-1 & 5-0. Total no of goals scored was 14. Goals conceded were 3. Total no of friendlies played against the German clubs was 3.0. Goals FE are expected to score against the Germans is 14-3/3.0
=11/3.0
=3.6666667 Goooooaaaaallllllssss
Awoniyi will score 3 goals
Kelechi Eheanacho 1 goal
1 goal (0.6666667) will be disallowed by the ref.
it must come to pass as you said

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
Emmzyst:
Always with Nigeria, they dont know how to play football politics. Hungary deliberately avoid Germany. We should av come out for draw, not because we are afraid but to be on the safer side. They better win Germany.
i get pissed when i hear faithless plastic fans show their fear and preference to play or not to play certain teams, and i ask WHY? u re in the tournament to play, win and progress so why all these football politics of dodging one team or the other again i ask WHY? paper fans will and can never see the talent that abound in this team and the ability of the team to take on any opponent. bring any team on, we re out for the kill. the land is green.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
enomakos:
i have reply you joe

I have replied. Please check your mail.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
adeyemi2015:
If you still don't believe in the Lads, I think you should do yourself favour and stop following them! The Lads ain't scared of facing the Germans, why some dudes are?! Take it or leave it, Manu Garba Boys will defeat the Germans!
Up Super Flying Eagles!!!
i couldnt have said it any better, i dont understand where these fears are coming from, avoid germany this, avoid germany that, for crying out loud what pedigree do the germans have at this age grade level? are they the defending champions? NO, where are the defending champs (france) in this tourney? HOME! so why all this fear? haba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
ajf:
I feel that the Hungarians intentionally threw this match away. They were too casual about everything. Well, na dem Sabi. Germany wey dem dey run from, we go waya them!
says who? did they tell u they intentional play to lose? they played casually to lose (according to u) and they almost scored us by hitting our goal post. no team go into any competition to play to lose. we beat them simple. germany will go down next
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
Smarter ke? Sir, it's pure cowardice. If u wanna be the best, u beat the best. Ever watched the movie, the great debaters? Besides Germany is simply overrated... #fact

ajf:

This is not about proving anybody wrong or right. I never said Nigeria cannot beat Germany. Heck! It's even stated boldly in the post you quoted that I believe Nigeria can defeat Germany. I just think it's smarter to avoid more difficult teams in the early knockout stage IF YOU CAN.

Now to the first part of your comment. Which U-20 national team do you think is the best in Africa? And why do you think they are the best?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Thok(m): 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
My question is if these boys are so celebrated, why can't we believe they'll pull Germany down?.. What do Germany have that we don't?..
Champions became champions not by mere lifting titles, but by overcoming the best of the best..

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
E don tey Wey I dey want make u talk this thing, u no gree talk am, thank God say u don finally talk am, been really busy this days I no get chance come take yab/argue with safarigirl
tbaba1234:
Idowu is this team's most important player...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
Abeg oh! Make we 4get this play Germany or not matter, we don meet them already, all we gat to do is support the team and leave the rest to the coaches and the players.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kannymoore(m): 12:27am On Jun 08, 2015
safarigirl:
tenk you, tenk you, we appreciate grin *takes two bows*

Abeg anybody don see kannymore today? We need to gwt his views on today's game. He was everywhere yesterday feeling like Don Jazzy, today e don enter ghostmode cheesy

I entered "ghostmode" today for a reason. Ive been bedridden for the better part of the day. However, it still didn't stop me from crawling out of the bed to watch the match.

The match was an absolute borefest with almost nothing to play for since both countries had already qualified for the next round.

That said, I will not hesitate to commend awoniyi for his brilliantly taken two goals. Dunno which to rate higher though a standing ovation must be given for what should be termed "the assist of the tournament" in the long throw by enaholo which resulted in the 2nd goal. That throw should be the longest throw I've ever seen in my over twenty-someting years of football viewing, that has resulted in a goal!

That said, I didn't enjoy the match at all (neither have I enjoyed the previous two matches either, save for the first half performance against Brazil) and if the flying eagles do not step up their gameplay a couple of notches higher than they've been showing since the beginning of this tournament, they MIGHT NOT beat Germany!

I'm not really picking bones with the players themselves but with the coaching staff. Why have we started with this new taactic of spraying 4-5 inconsequential passes among the backline and midfield pivots and the hoof the ball in the air towards the striker?!

I noticed this a lot during the African Championship but I thought its could be maybe due to lack of adequate camping time and that by the time the worldcup started, all the kinks would have been ironed out.

But to my chagrin, its still there.

I hope..*hmmm!!*...I just hope that this "new" playing pattern is just a sham so as to decieve our opponents in the later stages of the tourney of our tactical vulnerability until we show them our real hand thereby tearing their match-strategies into shreds.

Anyway.. until the next game against germany!... lemme still have hope and belief in our boys!

Fly Nigeria!!

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 1:53am On Jun 08, 2015
^^^^^

eyah sorry eh! Hope u are feeling better now?

#Get well soon!!!

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 3:27am On Jun 08, 2015
ajf:

You see, I'm tired of this. You think matches are won by bravery? Because you think winning Germany is the only possible outcome for these boys on thursday doesn't mean you are a better fan. Why? It's because that is wrong. The better your opponent, the higher the probability of you losing no matter how good you are. Unless you are naive, you'll have to agree with me that that probability of this team beating Serbia is higher than them beating Germany. So, as a great fan of this team who wants them to win the cup and not just play bravely and crash out, I believe playing Germany in the semi-final or final is better than playing them in the round of 16. Everybody remembers the team that finishes 1st, 2nd or third, nobody remembers the team they beat to get there.
I know this team is very good. I believe they can beat Germany but I also know there is a possibility of them losing even if it's a small one. I love this team so much I don't want them to face such possibility this early in the knock-out stage. Heck! I may even love this team more than you do!
this clearly shows u re one of those internet coaches that know nothing about football, can u hear urself speak at all? and i quote "you'll have to agree with me that that probability of this team beating Serbia is higher than them beating Germany." end of quote, and i ask u like i ask a guy in the Nigeria vs Hungary thread yesterday, WHAT IS GIVING U THE IMPRESSION THAT SERBIA ARE EASIER TO BEAT OR WEAKER THAN THE GERMAN TEAM AT THIS LEVEL? football is not analyzed that way. that is elementary way of football analysis
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 5:18am On Jun 08, 2015
Leon2036:
E don tey Wey I dey want make u talk this thing, u no gree talk am, thank God say u don finally talk am, been really busy this days I no get chance come take yab/argue with safarigirl
wetin dey to argue. No be today dem don dey talk that one and I've never disputed it, so wetin carry my name enter matter?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:55am On Jun 08, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Pride and pain as eight bid farewell[/size]

It is the flight that none of them wanted to be boarding today. The destination? Home.

But as eight teams bade a reluctant farewell to the FIFA U-20 World Cup, there was no secret as to why some left with long faces and others with philosophical shrugs. Status and expectations differed greatly within the eliminated octet, after all, with humble debutants suffering the same fate as the tournament's record champions.

Argentina were certainly the most high-profile team to bow out at this early stage. La Albiceleste not only had the history of a record six U-20 titles, but arrived as favourites to claim a seventh, having become South American champions with a stylish and star-studded side. Yet despite beginning promisingly - with one of those stars, Angel Correa, opening the tournament with a brace - they headed for home having been unable to beat Panama, Ghana or Austria.

Coach Humberto Grondona was nonetheless defiant in the face of this disappointment, stating unequivocally: "We don’t deserve to be out of the World Cup at this stage."

In taking this approach, the Argentina coach found himself in a minority of one. Among the other eliminated teams, even those who arrived with similarly grand ambitions, there was an acceptance that group tables tend not to lie. Leonardo Pipino, coach of the Panama side who helped oust the Argentinians, was among many who offered a candid assessment of his players. "They are good enough to play in the CONCACAF region, but internationally they lack the necessary experience," he acknowledged after a 1-0 defeat to Ghana sealed their fate.

Midfielder Francisco Narbon, meanwhile, expressed the hope that, while exposing this particular problem, New Zealand 2015 might also produce the solution. As he told FIFA.com: "Thanks to this tournament hopefully a lot of our players, including myself, will move somewhere outside of Panama. That would help us a lot. When you look at Argentina, they have players at Atletico Madrid and Manchester City, whereas I play for my university team."

I told them that that's a good thing, being disappointed at not going further. It shows that they are hungry and competitive.

Fiji coach Frank Farina

Like Narbon, most of the homeward-bound players and coaches were able to draw positives from the tournament, and to reflect on a worthwhile education. "This tournament is all about learning lessons," said Honduras coach Jorge Jimenez. "My players have learned what it means to play under pressure - and to handle that pressure. That experience will be priceless for their future careers."

Jimenez's Qatar counterpart, Felix Sanchez, while disappointed not to build on his team's title-winning campaign in Asia, was similarly stoical. "It has been useful to judge ourselves against the best, experiencing games against top-level teams from Africa, Europe and South America. Some of our players will now join Qatar's Olympic team and they will be better for this experience."

Others drew more specific lessons. Sergio Almaguer, coach of Mexico - one of four continental champions to be eliminated - pinpointed areas for improvement at both ends of the park. "This has been a tournament of set plays, and we’ve conceded four goals [from dead ball situations]," he said. "In attack, we just weren't clinical enough."

An Ye-Gun, the man in charge of Korea DPR, also had no hesitation in pinpointing his side's key weaknesses. "What's still missing compared to the top teams? Individual skills. We will work hard on that in the future, and on our defence too."

For some, merely participating in New Zealand 2015 represented a stunning achievement. Who would have expected Myanmar, for example, to succeed in a continental competition in which the likes of Japan, Australia and Korea Republic all failed? But their German coach, Gerd Zeise, is already eyeing the next stage in their development. He said. "I think we have to look to some European teams and see what they are doing better than us. We have a lot of homework to do. This tournament was very helpful but it also hurt us because we learned that we are just at the start of our development."

The same might be said of Myanmar's only fellow debutants, Fiji, who nonetheless departed having won their first-ever match at a FIFA tournament. Goalkeeper Misiwane Nairube spoke of that 3-0 victory over Honduras as "extraordinary" and "the realisation of an amazing dream". But it was the fact that Nairube and his team-mates were crestfallen at not following that up with another win yesterday that most pleased coach Frank Farina.

"The players are very disappointed," he said, "but I told them that that's a good thing, being disappointed at not going further. It shows that they are hungry and competitive. Plus, they are young men. They'll get over it and they'll be back - bigger and better."

It is said that more is learned in defeat than in victory in any case, and all of the eight eliminated teams will be aiming to bear that out.

FIFA.COM[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77