Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (480320 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
[b]Keshi: I Will Not Invite Iheanacho to Super Eagles

Chief Coach of Nigeria’s Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi does not see anything good in Obafemi Martins though the player is in good form for his American Major League Soccer, MLS, club, Seattle Sounders FC. Nigerians have been calling on Keshi to look the way of Martins who had 39 caps and 18 goals for the country and give him a call up to the senior national team, but the Chief Coach, while speaking on Brila F.M. early today said that Martins has no place in his team for now.

According to Keshi, “there are other good players who can fit in to the role Martins can play in the Eagles and I believe he had paid his due for this nation in the team. So, it is my belief that Martins should give other younger players chance to showcase their talent in the Eagles.”

Stephen Keshi Keshi also reiterated his resolve not to bring Manchester City teenager, Kelechi Iheanacho to the Eagles for now, saying that the UAE 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup Golden Ball award winner is too young to wear the colours of the Eagles.

“I think those who want Iheanacho to play for the Eagles meant well for the young boy, but to me, he still has a long way to go before he can fit into the team,” Keshi said.

Iheanacho made his debut for City in their 2014 preseason tour of the United States, scoring two goals in their first two games, but this feat doesn’t count with Keshi who said despite the preseason good outing, the Nigerian youngster is yet to fight his way to the main team of the English Premier League champions.

“He is not in the starting lineup of City. He should try and wait for his time. He has a good future ahead of him,” the Nigerian coach stated.

Celestine Babayaro is one of many Nigerians who want Iheanacho in the Eagles. Babayaro was of the opinion that the likes of “Pele, Diego Maradonna, Ronaldo and Lionel Messi all started playing for their senior national teams at a very young age"

Courtesy 'http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/keshi-shuts-martins-iheanacho-out-of-eagles/'
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
[b]"Iheanacho is not ready for the senior national team", Keshi Maintains

Following the reactions that trailed his earlier stance that Manchester City of England prodigy and Flying Eagles star, Kelechi Iheanacho is ‘not for the Super Eagles now’, Out-of-Contract Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has maintained his stand, by reiterating that Iheanacho is ‘not ready’ for the Super Eagles at the moment.

Keshi, who had initially denied saying the 17-year old was ‘too young’ and ‘inexperienced’, maintained that Iheanacho is still not ready for the step up to the Super Eagles.

Hear him: “It’s not true that I said he’s too young and inexperienced but he just started. When I first proposed to invited the same Iheanacho, Taiwo Awoniyi and Dele Alampasu, I received a lot of sticks from people, especially Paul Bassey of the NFF technical committee. They were against me.

“They said all sorts of things like ‘they’re too young, don’t bring them in’ and now the same people are calling for the same players to be called. Is it because he (Iheanacho) played two matches for Manchester City? But come on,” he said.

However, Keshi went on to contradict his earlier statement of denial about not saying Iheanacho is ‘too young’ and ‘inexperienced’.

“He’s a good player and someday we will need him but we have other mature and experienced players that we need right now. But for me, Iheanacho is not ready for the senior national team,” Keshi said.

So many ex-players and fans have called for Iheanacho’s invitation to the Super Eagles given the team’s recent lack of spark in midfield but Keshi’s latest stance is sure to elicit more discussions as to whether the 17-year old is truly ready for the Eagles.

Courtesy 'sl10.ng'
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
Waiting for Isaac Success vs Barca.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
[b]
REVEALED: WHY KESHI SNUBS IHEANACHO

A top source has revealed the main reason behind Stephen Keshi’s continuous snub of highly-rated youngster Kelechi Iheanacho.

Earlier this week, Keshi said the 17-yea-old, who was mightily impressive for Manchester City in their pre-season preparations, was not yet ready to play for the Super Eagles.

But according to SL10, a close associate of the big Boss has lifted the lid on the Iheanacho debacle.

“Was it not Keshi who called up Iheanacho last year against all odds and complains?” he asked.

“Are you aware that Iheanacho would have gone to the Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) early this year? But he absconded from Camp to push through his move to Man City .

“Keshi advised him to stay until after CHAN and improve his worth but he ignored and wasted a good chance, maybe he might have gone to the World Cup.

“He is paying for it now, because the CHAN would have been the best avenue to introduce him to the Eagles with less pressure, the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers are too dicey to gamble on a youngster.”

The source, however, added that the Big Boss still has the youngster in his future plans.

“No sane coach will ignore such a special talent but he isn’t worth the gamble of risking our qualifiers, after that he will be considered,” he concluded.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootballShop.com'
[/b]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
[b]
F’Eagles set to resume camping soon

Flying Eagles coach, Manu Garba, has said the team will soon resume camping ahead of the 2015 African Youth Championship, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

NAN reports that the 2015 AYC U-20 Championship, which is scheduled for March 8 to 22, 2015 in Senegal, will be the 20th edition of the football tournament.

“Manu said on Thursday, You know the AYC will be coming up in March, so we intend to resume our training camp in Abuja either in the last week of October or in the first week of November.

“`So, we need to assemble a team before the end of the year just in case our players abroad are not released by their various clubs before the Africa Cup of Nations in January.”

NAN recalls that Nigeria, alongside seven other teams, qualified for the championship.

The Flying Eagles drew bye into the second round of the qualifiers defeating Tanzania 6-1 on aggregate and walking over Lesotho in the second and third rounds, respectively.

The other teams, which qualified for the championship, include Congo, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali, Senegal, South Africa and Zambia.

The eventual semifinalists of the AYC will qualify for the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup.

Courtesy 'Vanguardl.com'
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by phreakabit(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
joseph1013: [b]
REVEALED: WHY KESHI SNUBS IHEANACHO

A top source has revealed the main reason behind Stephen Keshi’s continuous snub of highly-rated youngster Kelechi Iheanacho.

Earlier this week, Keshi said the 17-yea-old, who was mightily impressive for Manchester City in their pre-season preparations, was not yet ready to play for the Super Eagles.

But according to SL10, a close associate of the big Boss has lifted the lid on the Iheanacho debacle.

“Was it not Keshi who called up Iheanacho last year against all odds and complains?” he asked.

“Are you aware that Iheanacho would have gone to the Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) early this year? But he absconded from Camp to push through his move to Man City .

“Keshi advised him to stay until after CHAN and improve his worth but he ignored and wasted a good chance, maybe he might have gone to the World Cup.

“He is paying for it now, because the CHAN would have been the best avenue to introduce him to the Eagles with less pressure, the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers are too dicey to gamble on a youngster.”

The source, however, added that the Big Boss still has the youngster in his future plans.

“No sane coach will ignore such a special talent but he isn’t worth the gamble of risking our qualifiers, after that he will be considered,” he concluded.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootballShop.com'
[/b]

Keshi is too full of grudge and resentments to be the coach of a National team. I am sure he is a terrible father!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
phreakabit:

Keshi is too full of grudge and resentments to be the coach of a National team. I am sure he is a terrible father!

Nope, those reasons he gave seems quite understandable to me. Qualifiers are too important to joke with.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2014
django1:

Nope, those reasons he gave seems quite understandable to me. Qualifiers are too important to joke with.

but i guess keshi has lost his magic wand.. for a keshi who can gamble on omeruo and oboabona combination in our central defend at afcon, how come he is now afraid to gamble on this young lad.. besides, each time i scrutinized his list of players to prosecute any certain match (after afton), i kept wondering what keshi was thinking before inviting some players.. oduamadi for example, gabriel reuben and egbwueke who might end up not offering anything to the team are all better off un-invited for some promising players to blend their way into the team

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
[b]At sweet 18 today, Iheanacho has world at his feet
At sweet 18 today, Iheanacho has world at his feet

At sweet 18 today, Kelechi Iheanacho has the football world at his feet.

The Manchester City starlet has now come of age and can now sign a professional contract with the English Premier League champions.

The 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup MVP has already he has come of age during City’s pre-season training tour of the United States of America with a couple of goals and an assured all-round performance.

Like AfricanFootball.com first broke, after a training stint at MLS side Colombus Crew, he will be loaned out by City when the transfer window reopens in January.

He scores goals, has vision and a good dribble as well as packs a powerful shot in his left boot.

However, the debate has raged on whether he is ripe enough to be capped at full international level.

Coach Stephen Keshi has said he is not and he has therefore not called him up for this month’s AFCON qualifiers.

His coach at both U17 and U20 level, Manu Garba, will disagree, though.

“The Super Eagles can give Kelechi (Iheanacho) a chance,” said Manu.

“He is a highly promising talent and Nigeria could really get a lot out of him even at this stage of his career.

“Personally, I believe he is more talented than most of the top stars at Manchester City, who are only more experienced than he is.”

He added: “I’m yet to see a player of his age who can score goals around the 18-yard box with such class and composure like he does.

“In training with the U17s, he often scores four, five goals. I’m therefore not surprised that more people are now talking about him.”

Iheanacho’s strike partner at the U17 World Cup, Taiwo Awoniyi, will also praise him.

“He will soon prove himself in the EPL once given the chance,” said Awoniyi.

“I’m not surprised at all by what Kelechi has shown at City because he has a great foundation provided by our coaches.”

“He is a close friend and all my goals at the U17 World Cup were from assists provided by him.

What is most certainly not in dispute is that sooner rather than later he will make his Super Eagles debut and a bright future beckons for him as long as he keeps his feet grounded.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
[b] Now - 17 - Year - Old Chidera Ezeh Eager To Play For Porto

Porto trainee Chidera Ezeh marked his 17th birthday anniversary on Thursday in style, with his Portuguese club rejoicing with him by presenting him a birthday cake.

Born on October 2, 1997, the attacking midfielder can not sign professional terms with the Primeira Liga powerhouse until he clocks 18 next year, the same scenario that happened to another Nigerian youngster Mikel Agu when he first arrived the Estádio do Dragão.

Like Chidera Ezeh, Mikel was one of the best kept secrets at Porto, and was not officially registered with the club despite training with the first team.

The River Lane Academy product says he is assimilating what is being taught by the youth team coaches, and he is eager to start representing Porto in official matches.

“I’m so happy turning a year older today (yesterday, ed) because I can’t wait to show off what I have learnt so far when I turn 18 by His grace, ” said Chidera Ezeh to SL10.ng.

His representatives were in contact with Racing Genk, Grasshoppers, Olympiakos, Red Bull Salzburg and Roma before he signed a preliminary contract with Porto.

Courtesy 'AllNigeriaSoccer.com'
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
[b]Bastia Mulling Over Musa Mohammed

SL10.ng understands that SC Bastia are considering whether to offer a contract to Nigeria youth international Musa Mohammed, 17.

Since August, the ex Golden Eaglets skipper had been training with some unnamed teams in Europe including SC Bastia, before returning to Nigeria in time to grace the National Honours Awards held in Abuja at the start of this week.

Representatives of Musa Mohammed held preliminary talks with the Ligue 1 outfit after the defender completed his trials.

The Heart Academy, Abuja starlet is the third Nigerian starlet to be linked with a switch to the Stade Armand Cesari in the last few months.

The coaches earlier ran the rule over Samuel Okon and Anthony Omaka, but the club failed to wrap up a deal for the teenagers.

Musa Mohammed was courted by Besiktas after the 2013 Fifa Under 17 World Cup, but there is no indication that he was offered a preliminary contract after he concluded tests.

At the Fifa Under 17's, the attack - minded fullback made 7 appearances during the tourney and hit target 3 times.

Courtesy 'sl10.com.ng'
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
[b]
Nwakali Loaned to Belgium

Chidiebere Nwakali, Manchester City's Nigeria youth international, is set for a loan move to Mechelen in the Belgian league.

Nwakali who was snapped up by English Premiership side, Manchester City after helping Nigeria to a record fourth FIFA Under-17 World Cup last year, is being farmed to the Belgian top league club to acquire more experience.

Preparation
Nwakali has already made his mark within the youth section of Manchester City and was part of the team's pre-season preparation in Scotland where he copped an injury.

The youngster said the move was a good development in his career progression since he would be able to get the required experience to play at the top level.

- The loan deal would last till January. It is good for my game since I would further develop and
have a first team experience which is different from youth set up, says Nwakali who is expected to depart London mid month.

Challenges
Nwakali who travelled back to London on Sunday said he was in good shape for the challenges ahead, adding that officials at Man City have been supportive.

While Nwakali is heading to Belgium, his compatriot Kelechi Iheanacho who was also acquired by Manchester City is also training with Columbus Crew in the Major League Soccer.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com'
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
joseph1013:

Nwakali Loaned to Belgium

Brilliant news, great place to develop
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
[b]How Amodu beat Manu Garba to Eagles job
How Amodu beat Manu Garba to Eagles job

AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal that Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba was one of the coaches sounded out by top officials to replace Stephen Keshi as Eagles coach.

A top NFF official told AfricanFootball.com: “Garba was one of the first coaches to be considered for Keshi’s job.

“I can tell you on very good authority that he was spoken to by top officials in both the sports ministry and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in respect of the job.

“He is available now because he is on a short break as the Flying Eagles have not resumed training camp and will not do so immediately.”

Manu’s name was also widely linked with the big post during the recent World Cup where most top stakeholders in Nigerian football were.

The official added that it was possible that a more thorough look at the suitability of the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup-winning coach may have eventually cost him the plum post.

Manu is now in charge of the country’s U20 team, the Flying Eagles, and has qualified the team for next year’s African Youth Championship in Senegal.

Courtesy ÁfricanFootball.com
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
joseph1013:
[b]How Amodu beat Manu Garba to Eagles job
How Amodu beat Manu Garba to Eagles job

AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal that Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba was one of the coaches sounded out by top officials to replace Stephen Keshi as Eagles coach.

A top NFF official told AfricanFootball.com: “Garba was one of the first coaches to be considered for Keshi’s job.

“I can tell you on very good authority that he was spoken to by top officials in both the sports ministry and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in respect of the job.

“He is available now because he is on a short break as the Flying Eagles have not resumed training camp and will not do so immediately.”

Manu’s name was also widely linked with the big post during the recent World Cup where most top stakeholders in Nigerian football were.

The official added that it was possible that a more thorough look at the suitability of the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup-winning coach may have eventually cost him the plum post.

Manu is now in charge of the country’s U20 team, the Flying Eagles, and has qualified the team for next year’s African Youth Championship in Senegal.

Courtesy ÁfricanFootball.com
[/b]
This NFF men should stop deceiving themselves. If Coach Manu Garba was in line for the job, how come the Olympics job which will be played by the present U20 squad. Nacho, Nwakali, Ezeh, Success and co. was giving to Coach Samson Siasia? The man who destroyed Coach Yemi Tella's U17 World Cup winning squad.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:12am On Oct 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
This NFF men should stop deceiving themselves. If Coach Manu Garba was in line for the job, how come the Olympics job which will bone player by the presence U20 squad. Nacho, Nwakali, Ezeh, Success and co. was giving to Coach Samson Siasia? The man who destroyed Coach Yemi Tella's U17 World Cup winning squad.

To be truthful, I'm concerned. Is it not too early to appoint an U-23 team handler? I had been of the opinion that Manu would be appointed after the U-20 world cup.

But as it now, the post is no longer available.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 18, 2014
joseph1013:

To be truthful, I'm concerned. Is it not too early to appoint an U-23 team handler? I had been of the opinion that Manu would be appointed after the U-20 world cup.

NFF will destroy this our golden team.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 10:23am On Oct 18, 2014
joseph1013:

Siasia is d right man for the U23 job. It is nt too early to appoint an U23 coach. For ur info 2015 all African games qualifiers and 2016 Olympics qualifiers are near. Ghana and Egypt have already arranged a 2legged friendly against each other. Manu will be busy with the U20 team till July next year.
Also mind u, the oldest of the Manu's boys should be 18. If u pack the 23 team with these boys who by next year would b 19 and less ur guess would b as good as mine. The nucleus of the next Olympic team would b formed by the John Obu boys who are currently 20-21yrs olds. Any exceptional player from among the current flying eagles could break in though.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 10:33am On Oct 18, 2014
Players Manu's boys could compete with for the U23 positions include:
Kenneth Omeruo
Abdul Ajagun
Michael Olaitan
Chuba Akpom
Chuks Aneke
Imoh Ezekiel
Olanrewaju Kayode
Christian Pyagbara
Abdulahi Shehu
Etc

All those players above I am sure u know are alreadt established and experienced pros.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
Icon4s:

Siasia is d right man for the U23 job. It is nt too early to appoint an U23 coach. For ur info 2015 all African games qualifiers and 2016 Olympics qualifiers are near. Ghana and Egypt have already arranged a 2legged friendly against each other. Manu will be busy with the U20 team till July next year.
Also mind u, the oldest of the Manu's boys should be 18. If u pack the 23 team with these boys who by next year would b 19 and less ur guess would b as good as mine. The nucleus of the next Olympic team would b formed by the John Obu boys who are currently 20-21yrs olds. Any exceptional player from among the current flying eagles could break in though.

Ghana used most of their U20 World Cup winning squad to play in the World Cup the following year. In that World Cup in South Africa, they made it to the Quarter finals. If members of a U20 team could make an impact at a World Cup the following year, why can't a U20 team make an impact in the World Cup the following year.

If the team is good, then age would not be a problem. If those boys play together until 2016, their understanding and coherence will cover any age weaknesses. Those lads should be the ones who should play the next Olympics.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
Icon4s:
Players Manu's boys could compete with for the U23 positions include:
Kenneth Omeruo
Andul Ajagun
Michael Olaitan
Chuba Akpom
Chuks Aneke
Imoh Ezekiel
Olanrewaju Kayode
Christian Pyagbara
Abdulahi Shehu
Etc

All those players above I am sure u know are alreadt established and experienced pros.
These players might be established, But they have not played together regularly like the Manu Boys. I believe if a team is formed by the ones above and they play Manu Boys, the Manu boys would come out victorious.

If people could clamour for these boys to be called into the National team, how come they would not be suitable for an Under 23 side in two years time?

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
These players might be established, But they have not played together regularly like the Manu Boys. I believe if a team is formed by the ones above and they play Manu Boys, the Manu boys would come out victorious.

If people could clamour for these boys to be called into the National team, how come they would not be suitable for an Under 23 side in two yearsp time?
The WC u mentioned earlier is nt an age grade competition. So any player irrespective of age can take part. U have here an U23 qualifiers and u want to field 18 & 19 yrs olds? Are we saying we don't have quality players of ages 21 to 23? Well for ur unfo U23 qualifiers starts early next yr and den Manu's boys would b preparing for d AYC and possibly d WYC at dat time so diaris no way d manu boys will form d nucleus of d U23 team.Mayb 2 or 3 of them dat come out exceptional at d WYC might b given a chance at d U23 camp, possibly Success, Iheanacho & or Yahaya or any other player.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
Icon4s:

The WC u mentioned earlier is nt an age grade competition. So any player irrespective of age can take part. U have here an U23 qualifiers and u want to field 18 & 19 yrs olds? Are we saying we don't have quality players of ages 21 to 23? Well for ur unfo U23 qualifiers starts early next yr and den Manu's boys would b preparating for d AYC and possibly d WYC at dat time so diaris no way d manu boys will form d nucleus of d U23 team.Mayb 2 or 3 of them dat come out exceptional at d WYC might b given a chance at d U23 camp, possibly Success, Iheanacho & or Yahaya or any other player.
Why split a team that played together for years. If Manu Garba was made the U23 coach, he would use those boys to face any U23 team. While Coach Samson Siasia would not trust them and would go hunting for players in the 22 / 23 bracket.

That is why appointing Coach Siasia as the U23 Coach is very wrong.

We might have U23 boys that can play in the competition. However, it can never be the same as a team who have played together long before the U17 African championship they participated in.

Continuity is the key we need. Appointing Siasia stops that.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 19, 2014
If add the likes of Oshaniwa, Ambrose, and Enyeama to the team, if it qualifies for the Rio Olympics.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 6:11am On Oct 19, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Why split a team that played together for years. If Manu Garba was made the U23 coach, he would use those boys to face any U23 team. While Coach Samson Siasia would not trust them and would go hunting for players in the 22 / 23 bracket.

That is why appointing Coach Siasia as the U23 Coach is very wrong.

We might have U23 boys that can play in the competition. However, it can never be the same as a team who have played together long before the U17 African championship they participated in.

Continuity is the key we need. Appointing Siasia stops that.
This is nt done any where: U23 team being made up only of 18 & 19 yrs old. Besides, I have told u abt d calender. This Manu boys cannot be preparing for AYC and WYC and b playing U23 qualifiers. We have players who are full professionals and are currently 20-21yrs olds.The U23s is for full professional players and nt feeder or youth team players. No matter for how long d Manu boys have been together experience will work against dem. Let dem play at d WYC and den we'll c dose among dem dat can b promoted to fight for a place at d U23 team.

Mark my words d Manu U20 will nt have d kind of dominance dey had while at U17 cos d U20 is 2 steps higher. Those European players would have even played at d European U19 first before playing U20. I won't b summarised if we lose to dat Swedish team dat we over-an in d semis.

Let dem play d Ghana U20 & we'll c whether dey can replicate d 7-1 bashing. I am nt even sure we are favourites to win d AYC nt to talk of d WYC.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
[b]Iheanacho, Others Set For Eagles Return

The quintet of Chinedu Obasi, Haruna Lukman, Kelechi Iheanacho, Obafemi Martins and Ikechukwu Uche are set to be invited for the Super Eagles' last qualifying matches for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations against Congo and South Africa, SL10.ng have been reliably informed.

The aforementioned players couldn't get into Stephen Keshi's teams despite their impressive performances for their respective clubs and despite incessant calls to have them included but it seems all five of them will be a part of the team that will announced by interim coach, Amodu Shuaibu for the November fixtures.

A list of 24 players is expected to be announced before the end of October and sources have reliably informed SL10.ng that there will be some changes to the teams Nigerians have been used to under Keshi.

"Most of the players from Keshi's team will still be there but the likes of Haruna, Obasi, Iheanacho, Martins and Uche will be included provided they aren't injured before the final list is compiled," a reliable NFF source told SL10.ng.

If eventually these players are invited, it will sound like a good music to the ears of most Nigerians as they have always clamoured for the invitation of such players.

The Super Eagles are third in qualifying group A with four points in as many games, and play Congo and South Africa in their last matches, with Amodu Shuaibu in-charge on an interim basis after Stephen Keshi was asked to step down from his interim role.

Keshi has had a running battle with Villarreal striker Ikechukwu Uche hence his continued absence from the Eagles under Keshi, his last appearance being the final of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

The 'Big Boss' alluded to Obafemi Martins as being too old, while also alluding to Kelechi Iheanacho as being too young.

Chinedu Obasi was invited a couple of times but never made the team due to injuries and passport issues, while Haruna Lukman was never given a look in by the 'Big Boss'.

Courtesy 'sl10.ng' [/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
[b]More Flying Eagles stars for Eagles

Flying Eagles skipper Musa Mohamed and Musa Yahaya are most likely to be considered for the new Super Eagles under caretaker coach Shuaibu Amodu, AfricanFootball.com can specially report.

MVP of the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup Kelechi Iheanacho has already been mentioned as one of those players to be named by the full international team after former coach Stephen Keshi said he was “too young” for his team.

The new national selectors are spreading their dragnet wide to ensure that the country’s best players feature for the Eagles.

Musa Muhammed is on the books of Turkish club Besiktas and he is widely seen as a player who could finally solve the country’s problematic right back position which have for the past three years been manned by central defender Efe Ambrose.

He is likely to be included in the home-based Eagles training camp which opens in Uyo early next month.

Muhammed is energetic, good defensively and loves to join the attack.

Musa Yahaya, on the other hand, has been training with the Tottenham Hotspur academy team for the past few months.

Left winger ‘Neymar’ also shone at last year’s triumphant U17 World Cup in the UAE. He has vision and weighs in with his fair share of goals.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com'[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
joseph1013:

Musa Muhammed is on the books of Turkish club Besiktas and he is widely seen as a player who could finally solve the country’s problematic right back position which have for the past three years been manned by central defender Efe Ambrose.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com'[/b][/color]

I thought Besiktas did not sign him again.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
tbaba1234:

I thought Besiktas did not sign him again.
Yes, he was not signed. AfricanFootball.com is confused.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
[b]
Palace Snap Up Ex-Man City Starlet Adarabioyo

Crystal Palace have secured the signature of Anglo Nigerian striker Fisayo Adarabioyo on a short - term contract, the official website of the Eagles has reported.

The 19-year-old's performance for their development squad during trials ticked the right boxes, and the decision makers moved quickly to offer him a deal.

On his curriculum vitae, Fisayo Adarabioyo previously starred for Manchester City's Under 18 and 21 sides before he was released at the end of the 2012-2013 campaign.

And after severing ties with the Citizens, the offensive all-rounder tried his luck at rivals Manchester United but nothing came out of it.

Adarabioyo had a short spell with St Johnstone's Under 20 team in the last few months of the 2013-2014 campaign.

He is the elder brother of Manchester City starlet Tosin Adarabioyo, who was in action on Tuesday afternoon as the Patrick Vieira led side defeated CSKA Moscow Under 19s 2-0 in the UEFA Youth League.

Fisayo Adarabioyo netted on his debut for Crystal Palace Under 21's in the game against Bristol City.

Courtesy 'sl10.ng'[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
DELE ALLI WINS PLAYER OF THE MONTH AWARD

Nigerian-born England junior international Dele Alli has been named MK Dons player of the month for September.

The 18-year-old midfielder dazzled during the month, memorably scoring a hat-trick in the 6-1 demolition of Crewe and also notching a goal in a 5-3 win at Barnsley.

He won the poll with a massive 69 percent of the vote ahead of August's winner Benik Afobe.

Alli was presented with a bottle of champagne prior to the win over Fleetwood on Tuesday by fan David Church - who also won two match tickets in Club Red.

MK News and MK Web have teamed up with the club to honour the best performing Dons each and every month.

Talented midfielder Alli was on the radar of Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Arsenal during the last transfer period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
[b]
Siasia: I Will Build My Team Around Iheanacho

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has confirmed that his next Olympic team will be built around Manchester City youngster Kelechi Iheanacho.

Siasia has also given a contrasting view on Iheanacho to that of former Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi – who believed the 18-year-old was too young and inexperienced.

Siasia praised the talents of Iheanacho and says the Flying Eagles star will definitely be a part of his team.

“Of course, definitely he will be (part of the team). You know it’s not about the age anymore it’s about what you can do as a player,” said Siasia.

“If Raheem Sterling can play for the national team at 17 and has been playing well there, but they might as well have invited him to the U20 or U21’s but it’s what that young player can give.

“Look at the South African team now, most of their players are young players and that’s what we’re looking at trying to build a strong team with.”

There has been a debate whether Kelechi Iheanacho deserves a call to the Super Eagles, but Siasia, a former Super Eagles coach himself, has wasted no time in confirming that Iheanacho will be a part of his U23 team.

The former Flying Eagles coach also praised Iheanacho’s talent describing it as outstanding, saying it is hard to miss such a talent.

“During the U17’s, I think he was the player that caught my eye. He was very outstanding and I don’t see why anybody will miss him,” added Siasia.

“He was doing well for his club in Europe before he went to America and I think he’s one of the future stars we have in Nigeria.”

Iheanacho and majority of his teammates from the 2013 U17’s are expected to form the bedrock of the next Olympic team, and also the Super Eagles’ team to go to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Courtesy 'sl10.ng'[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.