Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. (8391 Views)

A'ibom Guber Tribunal Concludes Hearing, Orders PDP To Evacuate Incident Forms / BREAKING NEWS: Tribunal Orders PDP To Remove Bags Containing ‘fraudulent’ Forms. / Court Orders PDP To Accept UBA As Anambra Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by barruke: 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2014
hijacke: Wats d consequences if d governors don't respond after 30 days ?
Default judgement would be entered by the court against them (The PDP Governors)
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by barruke: 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
Elose11: Wonders shall never end. Is it not the same justice Kolawole the press says threw away this case on the 25th? Anyway, I know this is the beginning of the end for Kwankwanso, Amaechi, etc. or should I add Sanusi?
Yes, add him. I heard he is the ''GOVERNOR'' of your ''STATE''.
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by barruke: 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2014
benedict odum: I really don't care abt naija politics;if dem lik mak dem sack all governors nd mak only GEJ dy govern us:I DON'T CARE
If fire enter ur neighbour's house and u do like say u don't care, after e don burn ur neighbour house finish e go pass enter ur own. Show care, cos dis is ur country as well. #1luv#
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by PhockPhockMan: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
neolboy: How will d G5 carry their mandate from d party dt bring dem to power to another party for me their positn is vacant
ON POINT.
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by tonyzaks: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
chimoz: APC and pdp are birds of the same feather. None of them can salvage this country. The best thing for this Nation is an independent candidacy.
To be headed by who? No be same Poeple u & I knw. We've seen pdp in action for 15yrs why r u condemin apc that r yet to govern d con3. I've noticed dis parttern by d clueless ones margin pdp with apc, shey headache don begin to disturb une ne?
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by Sirdayor(m): 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nigeria judiciary is a big problem to all of us. I want to believe that this case is already a decided case, in that case of PDP Vs Atiku as the vice president defecting to AC during Obasanjo's time, & the court rule in favour of Atiku. Sec. 40 of constitution gives right to any lawful association.
I cant understand the problem with this PDP stuff. Are they saying that I no more have fredom to associate because I am now a governor or something?
Anyway! lets keep our fingers cross & see what our courts will judge. NA DEMONSTRATIONS OF CRAZY- According to Fela Anikulapo.
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by PhockPhockMan: 3:05am On Jun 29, 2014
Sirdayor: Nigeria judiciary is a big problem to all of us. I want to believe that this case is already a decided case, in that case of PDP Vs Atiku as the vice president defecting to AC during Obasanjo's time, & the court rule in favour of Atiku. Sec. 40 of constitution gives right to any lawful association.
I cant understand the problem with this PDP stuff. Are they saying that I no more have fredom to associate because I am now a governor or something?
Anyway! lets keep our fingers cross & see what our courts will judge. NA DEMONSTRATIONS OF CRAZY- According to Fela Anikulapo.
Nobody told the governors not to associate, but they should do it without tampering the right of others.
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 29, 2014
tonyzaks:
To be headed by who? No be same Poeple u & I knw. We've seen pdp in action for 15yrs why r u condemin apc that r yet to govern d con3. I've noticed dis parttern by d clueless ones margin pdp with apc, shey headache don begin to disturb une ne?
We didn't see pdp, we saw members of Pdp and same members of pdp now constitute the bulk of APC. Whatever a party is is determined by the elements in it.
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by Sirdayor(m): 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Nobody told the governors not to associate, but they should do it without tampering the right of others.

I seem not to get this point sir! right of others in what sense? how does their defection to other political platform tampered with other people's right?
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by PhockPhockMan: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
Sirdayor:

I seem not to get this point sir! right of others in what sense? how does their defection to other political platform tampered with other people's right?
The mandate they shifted to APC belong to PDP not theirs,
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by Sirdayor(m): 10:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
PhockPhockMan: The mandate they shifted to APC belong to PDP not theirs,

Then what do you have to say about the case of Atiku(as vice president) vs PDP over defection to AC, & court rule in favour of Atiku?
Also looking at sec. 1, & sec. 40 of Nigeria constitution with respect to the case on the ground. what can you say?
Note: please try to go trough those sections of our constitution, so that you can give an informed & accurate opinion, because its not just about those governors, it may even be your turn tomorrow!
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by PhockPhockMan: 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
Sirdayor:

Then what do you have to say about the case of Atiku(as vice president) vs PDP over defection to AC, & court rule in favour of Atiku?
Also looking at sec. 1, & sec. 40 of Nigeria constitution with respect to the case on the ground. what can you say?
Note: please try to go trough those sections of our constitution, so that you can give an informed & accurate opinion, because its not just about those governors, it may even be your turn tomorrow!
If APC want political power, let them go to polls not stealing other parties hard won mandates.
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by Sirdayor(m): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
PhockPhockMan: If APC want political power, let them go to polls not stealing other parties hard won mandates.

we are talking about constitutional issue here bro. Political power is derive from position of law. & as such, Nigeria 1999 constitution amended till date remain supreme(sec. 1) I hope you know that? If the position of law is not taken into consideration, the anarchy set in.
However, I noticed that most of Nigerian youth are a bit daft on issues like this. That's why 'have taken my time to educate you a little bit, & I do hope you will take your time to even check those sections I refer you to for a better understanding of the issue at hand.
'AM NOT AN ADVOCATE OF ANY PARTY, BUT DEFENDER OF A CONSTITUTIONAL DEMOCRACY & GOOD GOVERNANCE!!!
Re: DEFECTION ; Court Orders Pdp To Publish Summons Against Governors. by PhockPhockMan: 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
Sirdayor:

we are talking about constitutional issue here bro. Political power is derive from position of law. & as such, Nigeria 1999 constitution amended till date remain supreme(sec. 1) I hope you know that? If the position of law is not taken into consideration, the anarchy set in.
However, I noticed that most of Nigerian youth are a bit daft on issues like this. That's why 'have taken my time to educate you a little bit, & I do hope you will take your time to even check those sections I refer you to for a better understanding of the issue at hand.
'AM NOT AN ADVOCATE OF ANY PARTY, BUT DEFENDER OF A CONSTITUTIONAL DEMOCRACY & GOOD GOVERNANCE!!!
I understand and respect your arguement / views , but when the agony and disappointment of those who voted for them is considered, those governors should be sledge hammered no matter the "LEGAL APIAN WAYS" you're quoting. We fought bitterly to enthrone APGA government in Imo State, unfortunately, the beneficiary of that war, Rochas Okorocha, jumped ship mid sea without any explanation. I don't expect you to feel our pains.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance / Tenure Elongation: Fowler To Appear In Court Over Suit Asking Him To Be Sacked / 2023 Presidency: Accept Winner As Allah's Choice - Sultan Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.