Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (197008 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MadCow1: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2014
fairygeh: This is outrageous and utterly wasteful. No matter how rich I am,i can't send my child to this kind of schools.haba. And funny thing is most students that graduate from ths schools na dem dull pass. I know someone who sent her daughter to a very expensive school in osogbo.common "wayec" like my first lady will call it she couldn't pass.she had d's all through.and people who went to ordinary govt schools come out in flying colors.

The schools dont guaranty that your Child will become a Genius. If the pikin dull, e dull. But it makes no sense to use your neighbour reetard pikin judge the school. If a good school couldnt help the child, then her fate would have been worse off in public and other regular schools.

And just because government school kids have A's in their WAEC dont make them geniuses either. Most of them dey copy to pass. I know one guy wey get 4 A's and 3 C's for WAEC wey dumb pass deaf & Dumb.

And you say no matter how rich you get you cant send your pikin to such schools, grin My response is get that rich first and see how your taste in everything changes. grin

I remember when I use to say no matter how rich I got, I would never buy a Mercedes Benz... grin O!! How silly I was. grin

#RichGang..

5 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by dickoflife(m): 9:56am On Jun 30, 2014
princefunmi:

Was your Mum by any chance teaching in the secondary section?
Nope. Primary.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by toseen29: 10:11am On Jun 30, 2014
@ ops, please expand ur scope to outside lagos, i have heard of a sch (Day Waterman) in Abeokuta that seems to be higher than some u listed there.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MadCow1: 10:36am On Jun 30, 2014
toseen29: @ ops, please expand ur scope to outside lagos, i have heard of a sch (Day Waterman) in Abeokuta that seems to be higher than some u listed there.

That school na die. grin

Only their facillities alone, I would pay whatever they ask. grin

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2014
dickoflife:
Nope. Primary.

Ok! I used to have a Biology teacher whose son was in the Primary section.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by TrYcIa1(f): 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

They don't write Waec and Neco.....
They buy Waec and Neco since they don't wirte it grin
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mkoabiola: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
Y concentrating on lagos alone.
Pooo
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nerve06(m): 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
What about american international school @ V.I and British international school @ lekki. i still prefer any of the them cos their curriculum, excursions to abroads, and exchange program. we should pray for Gods blessings and connections. if people can buy a champagne for over 1million naira @ QUILOX membership club @ V.I., then 3 million per annum is too cheap for their children sch fee.

British International School
Location: 1, Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Private Estate. Victoria Island. Lagos.

Tuition and Fees: (Boarding Annual) $26,750+N200, 000
Additional Charges (at160 per dollar exchange rate) = N4,480, 000.00
Tuition and Fees: (Day) $15,250+
Additional Charges (at 160 per dollar exchange rate) =N2,640, 000.00

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 01, 2014
Sagamite:

Shollypopz father paid these kinds of fee and she ended up at Fisk University? lipsrsealed

Chisos! grin

Stop obsessing.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by BeYou: 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
emusmith: sharrrrraaappp!
Lol....i guess u went to one of those 1k per session schools that's why u lack the manners to write your opinion without being abusive.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
BeYou:
Lol....i guess u went to one of those 1k per session schools that's why u lack the manners to write your opinion without being abusive.
You're right about the 1k fees stuff...Here is my opinion... Post reasonable comments you really believe is true, not what is generally believed to be normal...
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Simitrendy: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
fashrola: "their" you mean? reasons you need to invest heavily on your children for quality education
Aiit
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Ndipe(m): 2:53am On Jul 02, 2014
Is it worth it sending your kids to these schools?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by EI(m): 6:42am On Jul 07, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]If my kid brother had attended the same schools I did, he would have suffered and probably lost interest in school.

And I don't mean Ghana, I'm talking about Europe and the Americas. Where teaching is studied and where teachers recognize that every child's learning curve is unique to that child. Where a genius kid is placed in an accelerated or advanced learning program and a child with a learning disorder is placed in special ed.

I went to school with kids who couldn't keep up and the only solution to a child failing a test is to flog the kid or make the child repeat the class for so long they develop a complex.

So many Nigerians pass through school but yet are not educated, case in point; the countless educated reeetards that we have on Nairaland. People who can't tell the difference between a plier and a cutter or 'I'm and Am'.

Like my Vice Principal in Secondary school always said; if you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

Even in the US and Europe, public schools and Ivy League schools are not in the same class and the reason is obvious. The government can never afford to provide the same standard of education for the masses. Imagine if government schools were relegated to having just 8 - 12 students per class, we would need atleast 100 more public schools to accommodate the current number of students they have.
[/b]

101 likes.

Excellent analysis, spot on also (though using "reeetard" was a bit unnecessary) relating very poor grammar, writing/spelling outcomes to poor education that has been Nigeria's bane for a couple of decades now.

We are sadly spawning half-baked high and tertiary school graduates each year, and not getting much needed support from Government (filled with "poli-thieves" ) in addressing the downward spiral. But what do we expect from Government officials that can't provide basic security for her citizens?! angry

God bless (and help) Nigeria. . .
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigeriahero: 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
That is a lot of money!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MikeHall1500: 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Whiteplains British School is nothing more than a get-rich-quick scheme for its owners. I sent my son there and he came back to Port Harcourt malnourished and depressed, not to talk of his academic woes! When I investigated, not only did I discover that the school on many occasions had fed the boarding students Indomie THREE TIMES A DAY, but that there was no salary structure and some teachers in the primary section were earning NGN 40,000. This in a school which charges millions in fees. Also, the laptops and smartboards which they make noise about are rendered utterly useless because when they took light if the director was feeling particularly stingy (which was all the time, it seems), then he would refuse to put on the generator. This affected the a/c units as well. So, contrary to what the brochure and website tells you, this awful school does NOT offer a world-class environment conducive to learning. Also, would a teacher earning just NGN 40,000 give their best to your child? I don't think so. These people should be locked up for the level of deceit they are able to operate on. I also discovered that the school had seen 5 principals come and go within the space of 5 years. Not one principal had stayed more than 2 terms and each and every one of them left in the middle of the night. I think this speaks volumes. They are also currently under investigation for huge tax avoidance. You get the picture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Odunukwe30: 12:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
No matter how expensive a school is if there are no well trained teachers its all bad.
If you teach,
If you are writing a thesis or projects on education look at this..
Click..
Effective Technique for Teaching Social Studies
http://uniprojectsearch.com/effective-tech…rimary-schools/
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by avicky(f): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2015
MikeHall1500:
Whiteplains British School is nothing more than a get-rich-quick scheme for its owners. I sent my son there and he came back to Port Harcourt malnourished and depressed, not to talk of his academic woes! When I investigated, not only did I discover that the school on many occasions had fed the boarding students Indomie THREE TIMES A DAY, but that there was no salary structure and some teachers in the primary section were earning NGN 40,000. This in a school which charges millions in fees. Also, the laptops and smartboards which they make noise about are rendered utterly useless because when they took light if the director was feeling particularly stingy (which was all the time, it seems), then he would refuse to put on the generator. This affected the a/c units as well. So, contrary to what the brochure and website tells you, this awful school does NOT offer a world-class environment conducive to learning. Also, would a teacher earning just NGN 40,000 give their best to your child? I don't think so. These people should be locked up for the level of deceit they are able to operate on. I also discovered that the school had seen 5 principals come and go within the space of 5 years. Not one principal had stayed more than 2 terms and each and every one of them left in the middle of the night. I think this speaks volumes. They are also currently under investigation for huge tax avoidance. You get the picture.

And the Proprietor is a pastor. He has a niche for owing salaries too.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2015
michealade:
atleast Seun finished from oau and he is among the richest in nigeria today.president Jonathan finished from uniport...get ur believes changed Sir

Seun is and has NEVER been among the richest in Ile-Ife, talk less of Nigeria.

You really have no idea the value of money is, do you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by yormieoj: 3:16am On Dec 23, 2015
Looking for schools within your budget or want to check out profiles of schools with their fee range? visit www.schoolscompass.com.ng
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by NobleAngell(f): 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
cyclones:
@op u didn do ur research very well. I teach @ whiteplains british school abj. Each child pay 3.6million per session.
White plains in Jabi?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 0what00: 5:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by robotix: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2017
lepasharon:
The school I went to in Surulere is not Here?.. Fountain Heights Secondary? undecided
is it Fountain around Marsha area? I mean one linking to the National stadium or close to it.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by opani1: 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
Sirniyeh:

That's the KOKO! Going to expensive school doesnt guaranty outstanding intelligence

pls I need past questions for common entrance on preston international school, akure. pls somebody help me or green spring school.
email: jackie12james@gmail.com
Tel: 08162509718.

Thanks. Godbless you

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Ndipe(m): 3:15am On Nov 17, 2018
Where do parents get the money to pay this outrageous fees?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 17, 2018
JeffreyJamez:

They don't write Waec and Neco.....
They must write one of them
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ultimatekint(m): 8:43am On Nov 17, 2018
Sometimes when I look and think about my boy, I always cry inwardly "cause he is naturally gifted in terms of education and moral attitude, but I am a security man with basic salary of #10,000,but the truth is I put my hope in Lord.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Ndipe(m): 12:21am On Feb 23, 2019
Are these private schools worth it?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Ndipe(m): 12:51am On Oct 04, 2019
Are these private schools worth the outrageous fees they charge their students? Out here, private schools are very expensive also but if you live in a good school district, you can avoid them and simply enroll your children in public school which is free.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Ndipe(m): 9:32pm On Oct 19, 2020
d
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
modextus:
you're forgetting FUNTAJ and CHERRYFIELD both in abj! And many more!
Hehehe..I attended Funtaj primary and High school.. Was a good experience , but don't know if it was worth the money . Today life is harder ..No jobs..
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by modextus(m): 12:01am On Feb 20, 2021
KevUnique:

Hehehe..I attended Funtaj primary and High school.. Was a good experience , but don't know if it was worth the money . Today life is harder ..No jobs..
I don't know about how good the school was but I believe you had a good foundation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Olabisi Onabanjo University 2012/2013 Admission / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.