Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (196834 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 29, 2014
How come no one has mentioned Day Waterman College? Can't say the exact fee but I know it's between #2m - #4m.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 29, 2014
While I do not subscribe to excessive fees, you have to realise that getting an education is not only about the academic part.

The people you meet at such a tender stage are those most likely to the ones you know for life and end up shaping your future. If your kids are rolling with kids from prestigious families, the chances that he will succeed in life are raised.

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Jerry yang Etc. internet giants that you know met the people who helped them achieve their dreams in college. Those colleges were not uniport and uniben...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by michealade(m): 6:23am On Jun 29, 2014
Na onli lag u do ur research,,u need come abuja!dose lag schools go dey folo for back ni
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by michealade(m): 6:24am On Jun 29, 2014
fidet: How come no one has mentioned Day Waterman College? Can't say the exact fee but I know it's between #2m - #4m.
yeah...i kno of dat school too
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by michealade(m): 6:26am On Jun 29, 2014
og2711: While I do not subscribe to excessive fees, you have to realise that getting an education is not only about the academic part.

The people you meet at such a tender stage are those most likely to the ones you know for life and end up shaping your future. If your kids are rolling with kids from prestigious families, the chances that he will succeed in life are raised.

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Jerry yang Etc. internet giants that you know met the people who helped them achieve their dreams in college. Those colleges were not uniport and uniben...
atleast Seun finished from oau and he is among the richest in nigeria today.president Jonathan finished from uniport...get ur believes changed Sir

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 29, 2014
Mutuwa:

Yap..seems u know much abt abj skols..do u teach in any? grin
no lol
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by kkon(m): 6:32am On Jun 29, 2014
og2711: While I do not subscribe to excessive fees, you have to realise that getting an education is not only about the academic part.

in as much as I will agree with your argument but I want to point out a few things. That you attended a prestigious university doesn't really guarantee success in life because success comes through hard work, commitment, discipline and a list of other factors that you have stated here and this is not school dependent. Fine you might meet rich kids in these schools but what if your parents are not in the same class with these rich kids parents? What does it breed a society where everyone aspires to be rich at all cost even at the expense of the poor masses. I have seen so called rich kids who turn out worse than an average kid who went to a public school . And besides most of the lecturers in these prestigious schools are from average universities both home and abroad. I think what we should be concerned about is the quality of education. If the necessary transformation is put in place in our schooling system in general there will be no need for these unnecessary comparison.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by akin33(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2014
such money is enough to marry 100 ladies in Aba and Lagos

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by econome(m): 6:51am On Jun 29, 2014
...Money deh this f*cking economy..Damn!!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MEILYN(m): 7:02am On Jun 29, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

They don't write Waec and Neco.....
yea, those schools are international schools. Their children study abroad.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ndidibabe(f): 7:28am On Jun 29, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Most international schools don't write Waec.
That is a fat lie. They still write WAEC as a preparatory for internationally recognized Exam.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Ninilowo(m): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2014
What of Day Waterman College, Abeokuta? It's 4 million Naira per session there.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by rozayx5(m): 7:31am On Jun 29, 2014
youngmonie: This is one thing people that understand about private and elite education. You create a good foundation to build your future success on. Look at it this way. There is every chance that students who go to that uni will also go to private universities like the CU's and Babcocks of this world, there is everychance most of them will school abroad , all along you make connections and friends for life. Most of them finish come back to Nigeria and get the top jobs every where, they have friends that they went to the same school with, they are all in the same social circles again, they give out contracts to each other, they pull strings for each other. Not saying its a guarantee for success but it is a good step

a lot of people dont see this ^^^ but this is reality, my senior sister attended Richmond College in the UK and everybody that was in their set is high flyer, CEO's , Company Chairmen e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 29, 2014
Samakinr:
...of course i wished, but if wishes are horses, sometimes,...it's not as we wish. But i live by this reasoning..'some people are born with silver spoon, I'm not born with one...but that doesn't mean i can have one. I just have to forge a golden one'....of course you know what the process of forging entails...it requires exploration, refining, and shaping...

ohhh i get it...
Thanks for admitting..
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by victorv12(m): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2014
The same politicians that destroyed the public institutions are the one sending their children there. They don't want the children of the poor have access to good education. They segregate the poor kids from the rich ones by creating a useless competition among them. All the private institutions in Nigeria should be subjected to accepting a miniature fee from parents. Education should be free and payed for at one point, and the level taught should be on thesame level among the children of the same peer group without them being segregated by either going to a public or private institution.

Nigeria oligarchs, awon oloshi!

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by IYANGBALI: 8:01am On Jun 29, 2014
michealade: atleast Seun finished from oau and he is among the richest in nigeria today.president Jonathan finished from uniport...get ur believes changed Sir
who tolded you that seun is rich?seun wey still dey soak gari with kulinkuli
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by fashrola(m): 8:02am On Jun 29, 2014
justi4jesu: OP you just concentrated this your list on Lagos.

Add Groove School Portharcourt
Charles Dale, Jephtah
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by IYANGBALI: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2014
victorv12: The same politicians that destroyed the public institutions are the one sending their children there. They don't want the children of the poor have access to good education. They segregate the poor kids from the rich ones by creating a useless competition among them. All the private institutions in Nigeria should be subjected to accepting a miniature fee from parents. Education should be free and payed for at one point, and the level taught should be on thesame level among the children of the same peer group without them being segregated by either going to a public or private institution.

Nigeria oligarchs, awon oloshi!
wa seere jare. Olori buruku ni gbogbo awon polithievians ye

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by IYANGBALI: 8:06am On Jun 29, 2014
akin33: such money is enough to marry 100 ladies in Aba and Lagos
na toto go kill you
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by IYANGBALI: 8:08am On Jun 29, 2014
kkon: in as much as I will agree with your argument but I want to point out a few things. That you attended a prestigious university doesn't really guarantee success in life because success comes through hard work, commitment, discipline and a list of other factors that you have stated here and this is not school dependent. Fine you might meet rich kids in these schools but what if your parents are not in the same class with these rich kids parents? What does it breed a society where everyone aspires to be rich at all cost even at the expense of the poor masses. I have seen so called rich kids who turn out worse than an average kid who went to a public school . And besides most of the lecturers in these prestigious schools are from average universities both home and abroad. I think what we should be concerned about is the quality of education. If the necessary transformation is put in place in our schooling system in general there will be no need for these unnecessary comparison.
seconded

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by cisca4us: 8:15am On Jun 29, 2014
Wow! My Boss's son attends greensprings school (still in primary sch dough), just 8yrs old. He was formerly @ corona. But guess what??... D boy DULL...

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by IYANGBALI: 8:15am On Jun 29, 2014
Atmmachine: I paid 500 thousand naira per term when i was in secondary school cool cool
and today you are proudly a vulcaniser at oshodi grin

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by IYANGBALI: 8:17am On Jun 29, 2014
cisca4us: Wow! My Boss's son attends greensprings school (still in primary sch dough), just 8yrs old. He was formerly @ corona. But guess what??... D boy DULL...
hahahahaha you wicked,I would report you to your boss

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chucksbadt(m): 8:21am On Jun 29, 2014
justi4jesu: OP you just concentrated this your list on Lagos.

Add Groove School Portharcourt

Sup bro....please get your facts right....i schooled in groove school port Harcourt.....the fees i paid back then was 30k a term
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by arowstev2000: 8:22am On Jun 29, 2014
Ur list never complete without American International School Abuja
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by cityofsin: 8:24am On Jun 29, 2014
I think a few people have hit the nail on the head. As the saying goes, which has and will always be so, "it is not what you know, it is WHO you know"

I attended one of these school and no parent is paying a premium for superior academics per say, but for the network. Almost a decade removed secondary school, I can see that the vast majority of my colleagues are doing well for themselves and if someone needs something, he or she has a wide powerful network to make it happen - be it a job, a connection, a contract or whatever it is.

For those saying that a lot of successful business owners didn't go to expensive schools, look at probability. Look at all successful entrepreneurs or top executives and check whether a certain pattern exists in their educational background. For the vast majority of these people, you will see that they went to the same schools - primary through university. It is no coincidence. For every successful person who attended a public secondary school in Nigeria, there are probably 20 of those who go to select 5 or 6 private secondary schools. This will only get worse in the future as public schools were good back in the day and these "expensive private schools" are relatively new, 10-20 years old.

We live in a highly capitalist nation and it is unfortunate that success is determined, in most cases, the day you are born. You need to attend the right nursery school to attend the right primary school to then attend one of these secondary schools etc. It is only getting more competitive. Today, there is a 5 year wait period to attend the primary school I attended, so when your child is born, you need to register him/her right away to even have the slightest shot.

It is extremely imperative the government (and some private money) does something drastic to revamp public institutions to level the playing field. poverty truly is a bastard!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by justi4jesu(f): 8:25am On Jun 29, 2014
chucksbadt:

Sup bro....please get your facts right....i schooled in groove school port Harcourt.....the fees i paid back then was 30k a term

Who ask you...Ex- groove school student. undecided undecided
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 29, 2014
Medunah: If u like enrol ur child in a school where u pay $1,000,000 per session. A child that will be dull will be dull.

That is where you miss the point.

A dull child is an epitome of the failures of his/her parent.

No child is born dull. However, no 2 children learn and assimilate in the same way. Its up to you as a parent to sit down with your child and find out what makes him tick.

If your child is dull, na your fault be that.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by IYANGBALI: 8:30am On Jun 29, 2014
justi4jesu:

Who ask you...Ex- groove school student. undecided undecided
you no dey go church today?abi you dey vex withyour pastor?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by M4gunners: 8:30am On Jun 29, 2014
In Fela voice ITT.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by justi4jesu(f): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2014
IYA NGBALI: you no dey go church today?abi you dey vex withyour pastor?

We no dey go church on Sunday for Dubai.

Na Friday be our church so i dey work..

You wey suppose dey church u dey for Nairaland..

Na you no dey church ni undecided undecided tongue

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by matrixme(m): 8:36am On Jun 29, 2014
In as much as I also frown at overpriced education, you guys are forgetting one thing. The cult and culture of elitism. Poor people are weeded out automatically from such environment, so as a student, you only get to meet the people that matter.Imagine by 2030, your child gets to school with the likes of Obama's of today, so for the mere fact that elites replicate themselves and are aggressive about admittance to their camp, such schools will still be in vogue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Olabisi Onabanjo University 2012/2013 Admission / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.