Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (196820 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Simitrendy: 8:55am On Jun 29, 2014
Loll.....are there teachers professors and Ph.D holders
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Sirniyeh(m): 9:17am On Jun 29, 2014
cisca4us: Wow! My Boss's son attends greensprings school (still in primary sch dough), just 8yrs old. He was formerly @ corona. But guess what??... D boy DULL...

That's the KOKO! Going to expensive school doesnt guaranty outstanding intelligence

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:23am On Jun 29, 2014
jidesp:

I've always noticed some thick-headed monsters on Nairaland and you never proved otherwise. Just so you know, I attended a Public school that lacked so many things including Tissue papers. I really can't tell you what to think or say, apparently you have a freedom of speech.

Secondly, I apologize for my first line. But I will tell you something you fail to understand. No parent in their right mind would be wealthy enough and let greed debase their child's education. While my parent weren't rich enough to send me to the most expensive school perhaps good school, I don't have to complain about people who does rather I'm trying to make you be a guiding light and not lead a protest by letting people who read this forum understand there is actually nothing bad in sending your kid to an EXPENSIVE school.....Oh! I think the word EXPENSIVE confuses you, I will use a subdued word so you could understand what I mean..The word is GOOD school. Surprisingly, I turned out well in life..

Nothing comes easy brother, you're either from a Wealthy home or you make a Wealthy home for your kids. Either way your resolution would be discernible in end. Work hard and pray your kids don't envy other kids because you were too busy thinking you're wiser than the man who values the future of tomorrow's leaders.

Guy Leave dah tin. Expensive/Good bla bla bla. 4uck that! We're talking about SECONDARY SCHOOL AND NOT UNIVERSITY here Remember? N2m per anum? And u call that good school? Iz that not fraud? Nobi the same WAEC/NECO dem go still write with other school referred as "LOW CLASS or CHEAP" ? They might even stil fail the ssce exams. So what tha hell are we still talking here? This is complete fraud.! SOME1 PLEASE CALL THE EFCC!!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 29, 2014
obynocj: [img]http://1.1.1.3/bmi/3.bp..com/-nqvnkyA3hhk/U6qsVZN82LI/AAAAAAAAEtU/rlvhHmGhN5g/s400/Most-expensive-secondary-school-in-Nigeria.jpg[/img]
The amount paid by One student in these schools can be used to award scholarship to entire secondary schools in a Local Government Area. There are certain amounts that are just too much to give to another person in the name school fees for education.

Below is the list of six (6) Most Expensive secondary Schools in Nigeria and their School Fees per year.

Here is the list arranged from the six to the highest paying school.….
Please don’t misunderstand this, it is NOT the sum of school fees of the entire students, it is just for a single students… lol
Enjoy the view

6. Dowen College, Lekki
They charge N2,000,000 annually for a boarding student and N1,250,000 for a day student.

5. Chrisland College, Ikeja
They charge as high as N2,000,000 annually. Fees can be paid annually or termly but on or before the first day of school. These include registration,tuition deposit,accommodation and feeding.

4. Atlantic Hall
They charge as much as N2,270,000 for a student

3. Greensprings school, Anthony
They charge a total of N3,185,200 annually for a boarding student and N1,925,200 for a day student
Read More http://www..com/2014/06/six-6-most-expensive-secondary-schools.html

There are a thousand other schools you can go to if you don't like them. That is the fee they pay there. If you cant pay those fees then you probably have no business going there in the first place. You are not the type they are looking for.

Can Nigerians really ever see beyond their noses?

If you send your child to those schools, those fees are not meant only for education. You are paying an exclusive fee and as such expect the school to attract exclusive high quality patronage. Patronage that will probably earn you high target connections. Just think about the Ivy league Schools in the US. This category is the Ivy League of Nigeria only that they are secondary schools and colleges.

Success doesn't come through hard work alone. Infact hard work alone doesn't give you success. You need opportunities. Opportunities that will only come from the people you know and more importantly from the connections you have. If you can afford it, my brother you would be shooting your child in the leg if you don't take her to one of those schools.

I plan to take my child there and I'm already working towards it.

We complain a lot in this country and yet when we see others making moves to better their lot in life we still complain again.

If the fees bother you, then take you child to a grammar school.

7 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by fashrola(m): 9:29am On Jun 29, 2014
IYA NGBALI: who tolded you that seun is rich?seun wey still dey soak gari with kulinkuli
tolded? jezzz!!! you are one of the reasons rich people still pay outrageous school fees for their children to get quality education

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 29, 2014
fashrola: tolded? jezzz!!! you are one the reason rich people still pay for outrageous school fees for their children to get quality education

Infact ehn, na serious number 1 tolded.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:33am On Jun 29, 2014
ndidibabe: That is a fat lie. They still write WAEC as a preparatory for internationally recognized Exam.

Aunty.... Not all of them.... MOST of them Don't!!!!!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:35am On Jun 29, 2014
princefunmi:

There are a thousand other schools you can go to if you don't like them. That is the fee they pay there. If you cant pay those fees then you probably have no business going there in the first place. You are not the type they are looking for.

Can Nigerians really ever see beyond their noses?

If you send your child to those schools, those fees are not meant only for education. You are paying an exclusive fee and as such expect the school to attract exclusive high quality patronage. Patronage that will probably earn you high target connections. Just think about the Ivy league Schools in the US. This category is the Ivy League of Nigeria only that they are secondary schools and colleges.

Success doesn't come through hard work alone. Infact hard work alone doesn't give you success. You need opportunities. Opportunities that will only come from the people you know and more importantly from the connections you have. If you can afford it, my brother you would be shooting your child in the leg if you don't take her to one of those schools.

I plan to take my child there and I'm already working towards it.

We complain a lot in this country and yet when we see others making moves to better their lot in life we still complain again.

If the fees bother you, then take you child to a grammar school.

Gbam!!!!.... You couldn't have said it better bro.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by fashrola(m): 9:36am On Jun 29, 2014
Simitrendy: Loll.....are there teachers professors and Ph.D holders
"their" you mean? reasons you need to invest heavily on your children for quality education

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2014
Greetings To All My Fellow Nairalander Who Survived From The NL Bomb Blast. I Salute You All!

@OP, What Shall It Profit You To Pay Approximately The Sum Of N12m For Your Child's Secondary School Fees All In The Name Of "GOOD SCHOOL" And At Last He/Her Still Remains a DUMMY?? Just asking oh
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by fashrola(m): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2014
cisca4us: Wow! My Boss's son attends greensprings school (still in primary sch dough), just 8yrs old. He was formerly @ corona. But guess what??... D boy DULL...
bros...you posted this comment outta jealousy..... he might be dull today...but brighter tomorrow... Remember the brain develops everyday... Remember Albert Einstein

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by adorable29(f): 9:43am On Jun 29, 2014
4million for one child! Multiply that with just 250students, that's a billion naira! Allll I see in this article is Advanced Scam!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 29, 2014
princefunmi:

That is where you miss the point.

A dull child is an epitome of the failures of his/her parent.

No child is born dull. However, no 2 children learn and assimilate in the same way. Its up to you as a parent to sit down with your child and find out what makes him tick.

If your child is dull, na your fault be that.
....when you read something about intelligence quotient...'come back to argue with the man....and stop arguing myopically or else...i wl cane you
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by zicoy6k: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2014
Na wa ooo. The sum of all my school fees from Nursery school to masters no reach half of the lowest annual fees in that list.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mavinc4u(f): 10:04am On Jun 29, 2014
obynocj: [img]http://1.1.1.3/bmi/3.bp..com/-nqvnkyA3hhk/U6qsVZN82LI/AAAAAAAAEtU/rlvhHmGhN5g/s400/Most-expensive-secondary-school-in-Nigeria.jpg[/img]
The amount paid by One student in these schools can be used to award scholarship to entire secondary schools in a Local Government Area. There are certain amounts that are just too much to give to another person in the name school fees for education.

Below is the list of six (6) Most Expensive secondary Schools in Nigeria and their School Fees per year.

Here is the list arranged from the six to the highest paying school.….
Please don’t misunderstand this, it is NOT the sum of school fees of the entire students, it is just for a single students… lol
Enjoy the view

6. Dowen College, Lekki
They charge N2,000,000 annually for a boarding student and N1,250,000 for a day student.

5. Chrisland College, Ikeja
They charge as high as N2,000,000 annually. Fees can be paid annually or termly but on or before the first day of school. These include registration,tuition deposit,accommodation and feeding.

4. Atlantic Hall
They charge as much as N2,270,000 for a student

3. Greensprings school, Anthony
They charge a total of N3,185,200 annually for a boarding student and N1,925,200 for a day student
Read More http://www..com/2014/06/six-6-most-expensive-secondary-schools.html

okay, if they charge N2,000,000 annually then does it mean they charge N55,000 plus per term or N500,000? i need to get the fee per term to know if is expensive or not.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by cyclones(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2014
1st ola:
Bloody liar!
which white plain school pays such amount?
The one at Jabi-Abuja or another?
linus
@jabi go confirm ursef
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Abbey2sam(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2014
pembisco:
no! Evn d university itself doesnt charge as much as d highest here per session.

Your right about that
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by punta(f): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2014
Day Watterman charges 3.2 million for new entrants and 2.8 after the first year.

Brookstone Secondary school PH (which is not even among the best) charges 2.1 million, I can't remember how much they charge for new intakes.

Charles Dale also in PH is about 2.5 million.

There is another school somewhere in Lagos (can't remember the name) that charges as much as 4.5 million and I know someone who has 2 children there.

All these are annual fees which can be split and paid per term.

Quality education is expensive, if you can afford it, no amount is too much to give your child the best. The foundation of a child gives them the necessary start in life.

4 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 29, 2014
Samakinr:
....when you read something about intelligence quotient...'come back to argue with the man....and stop arguing myopically or else...i wl cane you

Define Intelligence Quotient
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by JustCurious: 11:16am On Jun 29, 2014
victorv12: The same politicians that destroyed the public institutions are the one sending their children there. They don't want the children of the poor have access to good education. They segregate the poor kids from the rich ones by creating a useless competition among them. All the private institutions in Nigeria should be subjected to accepting a miniature fee from parents. Education should be free and payed for at one point, and the level taught should be on thesame level among the children of the same peer group without them being segregated by either going to a public or private institution.

Thumbs Up. Nice post.

If only these so called 'rich' people and political appointees whom we entrust our national resources/wealth with, could help reform our educational system, such that the standard and level of education obtainable in private schools are the same with what the kids get in public schools as it is done in FINLAND, then we wouldn't bother how they spend their money...nor clamor at the 'outrageous' annual school fees of their children.

Jealous? Not at all..
All we ask for is that 'they' help reform our educational system. Give everyone access to quality education regardless of the circumstance. For the national development of any country is directly proportional to how much they invest in their education. In Nigeria, the confab is still debating on allocating 26% of the budget to education. So laughable...especially, when you weigh this with the importance and benefit of investing in education.

In western countries, people send their kids to private schools NOT for lack of quality education in public schools, but for other reasons such as security, class, segregation (white only) Black only etc. So please let's stop the comparism.

#BringBackOurEducation.. :p

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by deebsman1(m): 11:20am On Jun 29, 2014
HAH: Such schools are actually created for social and class segregation as well as networking among the children of the rich, at end of the day they will form a strong alumni where they help each other through out their lives.

They don't want their children to mingle with the classless and poor, the parent usually can afford even 10M school fees, we are talking of the children of CEOs, top government, and diplomats.

I know of an international organisation that pay their staff children schools fees up to $15000 annually per child.

u summarized it all
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by owenklay: 11:21am On Jun 29, 2014
There is nothing outrageous about the school fees. If you can afford it, please go for it!

Good education is not all about learning A, B, C.....it goes beyond that. If you ever have the opportunity of attending a world class institution, you would realize that most schools in Nigeria 'no be school at all'. Often times, you see first class Nigerian graduates being involved in plagiarism abroad all because of the poor educational background they had.

If you can afford good, quality education, please go for it and you'd never regret making such a decision.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by johnstar(m): 11:26am On Jun 29, 2014
Na dis wn dm dey talk say ' u get money??'. Wow, nairaland is bck, bia hu been lock nairaland gate 4 d past 5days undecided
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by deebsman1(m): 11:26am On Jun 29, 2014
Sunny_bobo:

The only sensible response so far. It's all about networking which lasts a life time. Apt, very apt.
you gerrit
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by dickoflife(m): 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
I attended Greensprings for my primary education, it was bloody. Mum was a teacher there so the fees we paid were half. Had to write common entrance in P4.. still the fees were crazy then..
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
princefunmi:

Define Intelligence Quotient
...have a nice week ahead
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Olukadeoti(m): 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
Such is life na challenge...MMBM Money Must Be Made
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by justi4jesu(f): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
dickoflife: I attended Greensprings for my primary education, it was bloody. Mum was a teacher there so the fees we paid were half. Had to write common entrance in P4.. still the fees were crazy then..

And yet you picked this Username undecided undecided

Money wasted ni cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bong4(m): 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
Abbey2sam: Haba!! This fees are too outrageous

Abti junior academy is suppose to be on this list

Abti junior academy is under America university of Nigeria own by Atiku Abubakar, former VP of Nigeria........

The school is located in Adamawa state

and boko haram hasn't reached here since but they claim to hate western education...are we still looking for their sponsors?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bharyur2103(m): 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
cyclones: @op u didn do ur research very well. I teach @ whiteplains british school abj. Each child pay 3.6million per session.

"Each child pay" And to think their parents pay such exorbitant fees only for their wards to be taught by you...*sighs*

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bharyur2103(m): 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
Acidosis: Truly, poverty is a disease sad

Where else do you guys expect the elite and the rich to put their kids? Otueke Community Grammar School??

Most (or all) of these kids only enrol in a Nigerian (situated) secondary school because their parents want close watch and monitoring, hence the reason why they were placed in standard British/American colleges.
Few days after secondary education, most of them will never spend another 72hours in Nigeria let alone move close to some strike inflicted pitiable federal government establised university dirty-gates.

How else do we expect the rich to spend on their kids?

We are not even talking about the quality of the tutors, most of whom are American/Brits. ABTI is a case study, over 75% of Lecturers in that school are foreign-raised & trained.

atleast we do not expect "Edo government Teachers" to come raise these polished kids..

This one nor be osun state chinese opon imo cheesy we are talking about kids who spend vacation abroad (school sponsored), and some people are talking WAEC & NECO,

How many of una enrol for Cambridge, GCSE?

Some of you guys with PhD on this forum might even find it difficult to communicate with these kids all because of your poor backgrounds in a community school where teachers distribute egusi (melon) to students to 'break' grin

That wan na school, or "ki olorun ma je ka wa ye asan"? grin

I refuse to be poor (In Jesus Name).

Chai!!...You wicked gan ooo!!...lmfao...
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Acidosis(m): 12:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Sirniyeh:

my brother, get it right, I'm not alone. Adenuga schooled in Ibadan. He later travelled to London and there he became a taxi driver. After, he put in to further education.

I know mike adenuga very very well, even from same hometown.

I myself also struggled for survival before I made it.

I am not alone
smiley

Abeg sir, I need you to also show me the way oo...
Please

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Olabisi Onabanjo University 2012/2013 Admission / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.