Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). (102261 Views)

Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails / How Many Rabbits Do You See? / get Rabbits and guinea pigs healthy ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
OK you can give them PAwpaw leave, vegetable leaves and do you know elephant grass, yam pea. E.t.c. or any good leave you know that is not poisonous at ewizard1 .thanks. Dyoung Forester
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Adeyemiopemipo(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Rabbits, Grasscutter (bushmeet). Which is better to rare?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olusanya333(m): 7:32am On Aug 01, 2014
OP quickly add dis Rabbit is a direct visa to get ebola
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Ahmeduana(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2014
[quote author=dyoungforester]
@op YOUR THINKING WORKS IN REVERSE, the whole wide world are thinking and running helter skelter of how to curtail and contain almigthy EBOLA, but you, you are promoting the way to spread it faster! please stop been selfish!
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by jerk: 7:53am On Aug 01, 2014
I breed rabbits when I was very young bt got a shock of my life when a Python made way into their cage and ate d female one and 4 of its young. I met d ugly thing d following morning inside the cage and I called my friends who helped me do justice to it.
I sold d remaining ones and couldn't continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by nikolasx: 8:12am On Aug 01, 2014
I love dis thread...GOD bless u,i want 2 buy dis nw z breed,but d prob is hw 2 get d genuine breed...pls hlp me, whr can i d genuine breed in kaduna
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by ayobase(m): 8:13am On Aug 01, 2014
dyoungforester: Rabbit is the 2rd prolific domestic animal that can partuate to 1-24 litters after pig.

Rabbit can live 8-12 years in wild and captivities respectively.

Rabbit gestation period is average 28-32 days ... wow.

Rabbit meat is lower in fat,cholesterol and calories than chicken, pork, and beef and therefore heart patient friendly

Rabbit meat is all white meat.

Rabbit dropping makes an excellent garden fertilizer,

Hey read this... Rabbit can produce 6 pounds of meat on the same feed and water as the cow will produce 1 pound of the same feeds and water.
So as you can see there are many health benefits to eating rabbit meat. It is healthy for you and cheap to produce. Why not try to incorporate some rabbit meat.
For purchase of rabbit, or for more enquiring Contact no 07066444540.
Motto: Breeding to be the best.

and the another interest part is the funny acrobatic of the male rabbit after interco.urse

I am so much intrested iin rearing again.

the last time I reared was during my secondary school days in Oyo state.

where r u located?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 01, 2014
@youngforester, my female rabbit has had litters two times and none survived after two days. She won't even start the removal of her fur until after her litters death. I don't know what to do again.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Hustler
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by 190theclown: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2014
u mean people eat bunnies shocked shocked

cant u see how suptle and harmless they ar

kaii nigerians would consume anytin angry
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 01, 2014
190theclown: u mean people eat bunnies shocked shocked

cant u see how suptle and harmless they ar

kaii nigerians would consume anytin angry
People eat bunnies? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by 190theclown: 8:27am On Aug 01, 2014
MzMariah: People eat bunnies? shocked shocked shocked

You nor see where person say Rabbit meat is low on fat and its white grin grin

Naija people don tire me abeg!

btw ar u on bbm
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 01, 2014
190theclown:

You nor see where person say Rabbit meat is low on fat and its white grin grin

Naija people don tire me abeg!

btw ar u on bbm
Chai...... I won't eat suya again before them sell monkey for me. embarassed

Yes, I'm on bbm.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by 190theclown: 8:31am On Aug 01, 2014
MzMariah: Chai...... I won't eat suya again before them sell monkey for me. embarassed

Yes, I'm on bbm.

grin
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by jakiedudu(m): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2014
This is interesting. Am gonna rear Rabbits myself. They are cute.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by fm7070: 8:32am On Aug 01, 2014
what is the average price I can get a male and female rabbit. where are you located?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Abbey2sam(m): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2014
dyoungforester: Thanks for your concern but i want you to know that consumption of rabbit meat is very rapant in some area of Ogun state, Ekiti state and some other states in Nigeria and likewise other white countries like that who actually know the potential values of it meat. Regarding rabbit's market to other market that one is the little challenge we are facing because rabbit meat is not a festival meat like others neither the less there is always market for it depending on the farmers aim to profit. There are alot of schools, resturants, individuls, companies who need rabbit for practicals and for their meat, fur.....We the breeder are always optimistic in our feasiblity studies. Thank. Dyoung forester.

Is rabbit not a bush meat?

is there cure for Ebola yet?

shm
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 01, 2014
190theclown:

grin
Lol....how person go deh eat bunnies? reminds me of the movie easter bunny. embarassed
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by ayodayg(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2014
Can sum1 tell me ao 2kno if a rabbit is in gestation period?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by 190theclown: 8:43am On Aug 01, 2014
MzMariah: Lol....how person go deh eat bunnies? reminds me of the movie easter bunny. embarassed

u don add me for bbm?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2014
190theclown:

u don add me for bbm?
You sent that request right? yes I don add you.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by sailormoon: 8:56am On Aug 01, 2014
I love rabbits
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by ayodejy05(m): 8:57am On Aug 01, 2014
Rabbit meat is the second best after poultry. But one thing about rabbits is that, they are very fragile and shy. But in terms of feed conversion, I give the a thumbs up. Let's take agriculture to the next level in Nigeria.
Read up more about rabbits here http://www.livestocking.com/search/label/rabbit
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by kekereekun1: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2014
I like the cage as well. Kindly tell me where to get it.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by 190theclown: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2014
MzMariah: You sent that request right? yes I don add you.

angry
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by roufy235(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2014
okay
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dasparrow: 9:32am On Aug 01, 2014
Olusanya333: OP quickly add dis Rabbit is a direct visa to get ebola

So why is there no Ebola in the western world? I ask this because I know several oyibos who keep rabbits as pets. They rear them mainly as household pets and not for food consumption. Many of these pet rabbits live in the home with their owners although in their cages and are sometimes allowed to roam within the house. How come Ebola is not dealing with the oyibos in the western world? I thought some people claim Ebola is carried by bats? Anyways, na Jehovah God dey protect persin.

@Post

Thanks for this thread. I have been having rabbits on my mind lately. I love rabbits though I have never reared one in my life before. I intend getting a pet rabbit someday. I am not interested in raising them for food consumption or for sale. I just want to keep them as pets. When I am ready, I intend to get the Netherland dwarf rabbit. They make excellent house pets and come in different colors. They are cute and like their name implies, they don't grow too big but rather remain small. I have attached pictures of these wonderful specie of rabbits. I doubt you can find them in Nigeria though but then again we never know.

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 01, 2014
190theclown:

angry
What?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by zicoraads: 9:40am On Aug 01, 2014
MzMariah: You sent that request right? yes I don add you.
U don add me for BBM?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 01, 2014
^^Are those real live rabbits? Omo, oyinbo rabbit fine o!
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 01, 2014
190theclown:

angry
Sent.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2014
zicoraads: U don add me for BBM?
Oya add me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

World's Biggest Cow Escapes Slaughter Because It's Too Big To Fit In Abattoir / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. / Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.