Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? (14400 Views)

Have I Just Been Defrauded By 1ST BANK? / Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland / I returned 1st bank #138,000, they stole my #2,000 with it. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by justi4jesu(f): 8:57am On Jun 29, 2014
First it was delay or no alert alert when money is deposited in ones account and now this undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by 1stola: 9:10am On Jun 29, 2014
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but statistically,
1ST BANK REMAINS THE BEST BANK IN NIGERIA IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS.

1 Like

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by tonjeola(m): 9:21am On Jun 29, 2014
miqos02: i wonder how they still make so much money
make money on many ways, whether u transacts or not, 1st bank much charged sms alert fee of N4 (multiple by millions of customers)
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by deesmom(f): 9:21am On Jun 29, 2014
I really feel your pain, haven encountered terrible service in so called new generation banks compared to what First Bank has to offer.
I was amazed when I received a parcel at home
for my girl from first bank via UPS. this shows that the bank is interested in constant transformation.
my advice is to walk into any of their branches and complain, if not satisfied pls request to see the manager.
I have done that severally and it works.

1 Like

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by mavinc4u(f): 9:33am On Jun 29, 2014
naijamark: I have been trying to reach 1st bank customer care now for close to a week without success. they don't reply emails, they didn't respond to the online request I submitted and they don't pick up their phone (it drops after 5 mins or so). Does anyone know how else I can contact them or are they on strike?

naijamark, please don't listen to those telling you to use Gtbank. They are not giving you a good advice. First bank is better than Gtbank; i am not a staff of any of the banks but that is the true. You will get the same complain with Gtbank when you call them in the day time. if you want to get any banks in the day time, try using their contact center telephone to place the call and it would go sucessfully.

stevolinkon40: As in first bank dey give headaches. First it was the online payment they stoped,then they stoped my mastercard from making atm transfer, I can't even verify my paypal with my mastercard. Calling them to complain is the biggest problem,they will never pick the call. I don get plan to shift base anyway. Pure n0nsense

First bank master card is not activated for online transaction, you would need to fill a form before it would be activated or you can probably go for their visa card. Don't be deceived to add Gtbank to your paypal, they will charge you tremendously in exchange rate and above all put your paypal account in a state that you would find difficult to come out. Ask people using their Gtbank card on walmart store to explain better. The best card to use on paypal is First bank, Access bank, Eco bank and Zenith bank.

1 Like

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by dnawah(m): 9:36am On Jun 29, 2014
Yomieluv: Since they are among the oldest banks in Nigeria,their actions is a symptoms of old age...
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by manitobor(m): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2014
They are regarded as the biggest bank yet their customer care does not work? It is a serious crime for a company's customer care not to be functional. If such happened in civilized climes, the bank would have been heavily sanctioned by a regulatory body for this and the customers would have switched to better banks in large numbers. In Nigeria anything goes and big corporations act irresponsibly with utter impunity.

1 Like

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by mavinc4u(f): 9:46am On Jun 29, 2014
manitobor: They are regarded as the biggest bank yet their customer care does not work? It is a serious crime for a company's customer care not to be functional. If such happened in civilized climes, the bank would have been heavily sanctioned by a regulatory body for this and the customers would have switched to better banks in large numbers. In Nigeria anything goes and big corporations act irresponsibly with utter impunity.

Their customer care works so is their contact center. They are two different departments entirely. Their customer care are the people you meet face to face in banking hall to attend to your queries why contact center are the faceless people that attend to your query via phone.
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:00am On Jun 29, 2014
This Op must be the lazy type. Why calling customer care or sending email wen u can simply walk to any of their branch and lay ur complain? Except u reside in Marz or Jupiter. Or maybe ur lame! Lol
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 29, 2014
First bank is a very useless bank. I used to bank with GTBank but decided to switch bank cos i have too many family members workin there and as such they monitor my account and help me spend my money before i even got it. Plus the fact that GTBank's services have not been as good as it used to be.
First bank officers attached to my office then made us a special loan offer which was 2% lower than that of GTbank. I notified Gtbank and ported immediately. But I must say that my experience with first bank has been nothing but dismal.
Their customer service lines never work. i wonder what I would do if my atm card gets stolen. I received an alert the other time that my account security questions and password have been changed. I tried in vain to get across to first bank. So I did he most logically thing. Move all my funds to my GTBank account.
I can go on and on but the solution is simple, change my bank. Thank God i am yet to take their loan due to the huge paper work (a 20 page book) they sent me when GTBANK sent me only one sheet of paper to fill for same amount of loan. And after i told GTbank why i was moving, they have officially reduced their bank loan rate for staff of our sector.
First bank my foot! angry . My broda, I dey port as soon as i get back to naija.
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by ucheo: 10:07am On Jun 29, 2014
Skye bank yes centre. always available 24/7. calls u back to follow up self. I tire for all dis students n GTB.
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by mavinc4u(f): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2014
immortalvoices: not until when favoritism is stopped during employment in bank Job

Not even until when those pot bellied manager step down...

If not bank transformation in nigeria will remain a pipe dream....

This is the only thing i hate about them. Partiality, they never give honor to whom honor is due. They park all their family members during employment and promotion while the donkeys without god fathers will keep suffering; that is one bad thing i know they do.
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by Exponental(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2014
First bank....... I think old age is worrying them. Their thinking seems awkward! So mean and carefree!!
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by justi4jesu(f): 10:19am On Jun 29, 2014
Young Da Naval: This Op must be the lazy type. Why calling customer care or sending email wen u can simply walk to any of their branch and lay ur complain? Except u reside in Marz or Jupiter. Or maybe ur lame! Lol

Its not being lazy as you call it, why would i want to dress up and drive or walk under the SUN with enough traffic jam to stress myself out when i can just call to solve my problems with a 5mins call..

Am sure you do internet transfer from your mobile or Pc, why dont you walk to the bank everytime to deposit money..

Wake up its 21st Century

Abeg think well undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 29, 2014
mavinc4u:

naijamark, please don't listen to those telling you to use Gtbank. They are not giving you a good advice. First bank is better than Gtbank; i am not a staff of any of the banks but that is the true. You will get the same complain with Gtbank when you call them in the day time. if you want to get any banks in the day time, try using their contact center telephone to place the call and it would go sucessfully.

First bank master card is not activated for online transaction, you would need to fill a form before it would be activated or you can probably go for their visa card. Don't be deceived to add Gtbank to your paypal, they will charge you tremendously in exchange rate and above all put your paypal account in a state that you would find difficult to come out. Ask people using their Gtbank card on walmart store to explain better. The best card to use on paypal is First bank, Access bank, Eco bank and Zenith bank.

I don't want to be abusive but did you read the OP's post at all. Their contact centre lines don't work yet you advise that it should be used. Definitely you are a staff and one of those that needs to be sacked. Instead of apologising and saying it will be looked into, you are trying to do image clean up here. First bank is crap when it comes to services and sadly, GTBank is following suit.

1 Like

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:24am On Jun 29, 2014
justi4jesu:

Its not being lazy as you call it, why would i want to dress up and drive or walk under the stand with enough traffic jam to stress myself out when i can just call to solve my problems with a 5mins call..

Am sure you do internet transfer from your mobile or Pc, why dont you walk to the bank everytime to deposit money..

Wake up its 21st Century

Abeg think well undecided undecided
where do u stay if I may ask?
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by justi4jesu(f): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2014
Young Da Naval: where do u stay if I may ask?

Ajegunle lipsrsealed tongue tongue
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2014
justi4jesu:

Ajegunle lipsrsealed tongue tongue
What? Apology 4 initial Comment!
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by justi4jesu(f): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2014
Young Da Naval: What? Apology 4 initial Comment!

?
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by stevolinkon40: 11:04am On Jun 29, 2014
mavinc4u:

I have activated all activatables, I have my token, I change my first online password monthly, I have bn using the came mastercard to pay my chinese suppiers. The latest is that I can't even acess my first bank financial overview on the website again. Am porting to my OLD love(access bank) or to get an afticard from UBA. Thank you
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by justkaycee1(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2014
Has anyone tried Stanbic IBTC Bank, that international bank? Their services have been tested repeatedly and I can vouch for them. Prompt response to calls and speedy resolution to complaints. You may not believe me till you've tried it. Try it today.
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by manitobor(m): 11:32am On Jun 29, 2014
mavinc4u:

Their customer care works so is their contact center. They are two different departments entirely. Their customer care are the people you meet face to face in banking hall to attend to your queries why contact center are the faceless people that attend to your query via phone.

Alright, thanks for the correction. However they should strive to make the phone contact center functional, to make things more convenient for people who may not be able to visit a local branch.

1 Like

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by immortalvoices(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2014
mavinc4u:

This is the only thing i hate about them. Partiality, they never give honor to whom honor is due. They park all their family members during employment and promotion while the donkeys without god fathers will keep suffering; that is one bad thing i know they do.

SPOT ON....

Who will bell the cat...? Surely not the mind of the new entrant whose mindset has been poisoned by cash greed...and short cut to success!

1 Like

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by Thespecialone(m): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2014
mayorall: Firstcontact is rubbish. Pure iranu. They burnt my airtime, they will never pick call and airtime will be wasting. Paypal outside Nigeria pick your calls almost immediately you give the instruction. Now our tiwantiwa is trash.
strange!!! I get through every single time I call them.
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by Thespecialone(m): 11:53am On Jun 29, 2014
To be honest, I have received nothing but stellar customer care from First Bank. On three occasions, first contact has called me to tell the issues I complained about has been resolved.
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by Scream(m): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
Someone should call their customers care centre to confirm the Op's claim, if it is a lie, please suspend his account on this site.

This site should verify claims of this magnitude before taking it to the front page.

2 Likes

Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
Firstly, terrible title. Mods should have changed it before putting it on the FP.

Secondly, I cannot STAND First Contact. I don't live in the country, so every little thing takes 100 emails and a week to get done. Always asking me to scan identification to verify myself. And then they had the nerve to tell me after a week of back and forth that my signature didn't match. I wrote the ANGRIEST email that day (and I'm a very polite person). Sigh.

OP, my advice is to call at some unnatural hour, like 2am, since the line is open 24/7. You'll reach someone pretty much immediately.
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by sambama: 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
I've been using first bank online banking for the past two years now as well as their Mastercard. Their service is just superb. They reply my mails promptly and pick my calls and most times call me whn my issues are fixed. I pay most of my bills via first online and their Mastercard has added security via secure code, so there's less fear of fraud or your card payment no being verified. I have a Diamond account too. And their service is just full of shit. For access bank, they are full of shit, closed my two accounts with them. I have never used GT Bank, but my colleague does, and they work real good. Just that I noticed First Bank processes transactions faster. And fist bank's interface is more user friendly. For your problem, note that first contact have 2 numbers. One stopped going through some weeks ago, the other is still very fine. Try one of these : 0700-34778-2668228, 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000. My biggest problem with first bank is that they still have some dumb staff is few branches. I don't even bother visiting the banking hall in such cases. Just call first contact
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by sambama: 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2014
stevolinkon40: I have activated all activatables, I have my token, I change my first online password monthly, I have bn using the came mastercard to pay my chinese suppiers. The latest is that I can't even acess my first bank financial overview on the website again. Am porting to my OLD love(access bank) or to get an afticard from UBA. Thank you

Try synchronising ur token again.
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by bcomputer101: 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
You better PORT to Mainstreet Bank
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by Shokoloko(f): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
[quote author=chelseabmw]Useless people... I ve called them more than 5times in regards to the activation of my token for Internet banking.....they keep telling me that they are on it lipsrsealed[/quote

If ur in nigeria u can get to the nearest firstbank and activate ur token at their customer service
Re: 1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? by DWJOBScom(m): 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
Denn:

Diamond bank does not respond to emails on time. It takes an average of 1 week. (I have evidences) and they will still tell you to visit the nearest branch.

What if I am in UK?
Well it depends on your request - some requests can't be treated via mail due to a lot of security reasons. Sometimes most people are never nice in their mails and request.......well it's the same thing here (nairaland)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Good And Profitable Business Can I Start With 500k / Ejigbo Residents Lose N8 Million To Fake Microfinance Bank / What Bill Do You Dislike Paying Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.