Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (483205 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TunsArmstrong: 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2022
I AM AN AGRO CONSULTANT!!!
GROWING OF LIVESTOCK FASTER
(Poultry, Catfish, Pigs, Rabbits, Grass cutters, Snails etc)
Some farmers have been in the business for many years and the are still growing while some will go in after few months and they are not getting desired result then quit.
HERE'S A � ORGANIC SOLUTION made from Poultry droppings and Sea bird gualo with this basic elements
° Nitrogen
° Phosphorus
°Potassium
° Sulphur
°Calcium
° Magnesium
° Iron
° Iodine
°Marine Salt
° Zinc

✓Super growth in sizes and weight gain.
✓No chemicalized element.
✓Reduces Mortality rate.
✓Effective and Excellent results.
✓Diseases, prevention, control and cure.
✓Harvesting in good time.
✓Reduces cost of feeding.
Whatsapp through the link below
/2347033383639
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Obakovicho: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2022
udoji2021:

I don't have the dry one. that means i have to start drying it this week.

how much will you pay for a full wheelbarrow?

and where is your location cos transportation is high now.

Sorry for the late response sir
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FarmerGiantpage: 11:36am On Jun 28, 2022
Call 09094538736 for your pig nipple at a discounted price

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by amadasunfarm(m): 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2022
Feeding takes around 75% of the total overhead cost of running a pig farm. in Nigeria, there are few prepared feed available for farmers and at that, the cost per kg is almost always prohibitive. Farmers resort to making their feed and because of a huge knowledge gap in Pig feed formulation, farmers often always end up spending more than necessary in terms of cost and time to attain market weight.

If you aren't hitting market weight in 6 months post-weaning, you are losing money and making losses[b] (Read that again). [/b]Come and gain new insights and learn as I share 10 years cognate experience in addition to many years aggregated experience in feeding and total pig care.

Send a WhatsApp message to 09013405904 to make enquiries

See you in class

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Adenugbaraphael(m): 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
dynamix101:
Feeding takes around 75% of the total overhead cost of running a pig farm. in Nigeria, there are few prepared feed available for farmers and at that, the cost per kg is almost always prohibitive. Farmers resort to making their feed and because of a huge knowledge gap in Pig feed formulation, farmers often always end up spending more than necessary in terms of cost and time to attain market weight.

If you aren't hitting market weight in 6 months post-weaning, you are losing money and making losses[b] (Read that again). [/b]Come and gain new insights and learn as I share 10 years cognate experience in addition to many years aggregated experience in feeding and total pig care.

Send a WhatsApp message to 09013405904 to make enquiries

See you in class

I missed this. When can we have a class like this again?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
Adenugbaraphael:

I missed this. When can we have a class like this again?

The basic class is over. We are hosting the paid masterclass for the second round next week. However you can chat 09013405904 to get the link to access the PDF of the basic class
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 2:29am On Aug 10, 2022
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vanb26(m): 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2022
Any pig farm whatsapp group ?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by depopson: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
Please is there any pig farmers WhatsApp group? I'm interested. Add me 08060915055. Tnx
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by charzyh2: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
Please add me to the WhatsApp group: 07033459289
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
Maggots Training Advertisement
Boluwa Golden Solutions is into Insects Engineering that is Black soldier flies maggots production farm set up for fish/poultry/Pigs/Rabbits/Snails/Ruminants/Dogs farmers.
Stop spending so much on compounded animal feed rather use Maggots to reduce your feeding cost on farm.
Call Gbenga on 08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950.

Price of food will come down drastically because BSF has all the secret solutions to all farmer's problems because it gives animal protein & organic fertilizer, it also has industrial uses with other derivatives for direct Human use.

We now produce floating fish feed with maggots from our locally fabricated pelletizer operated by petrol engine and we also fabricate for interested people.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by gboyee80(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
Pls Add me to the Pig farmers whatsapp group please 08059790723. Thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Bolatitodavies: 11:08am On Sep 12, 2022
please add me to the pig whatsapp group..thanks in advance... 07037972626
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by KunmiakiN: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
Warehouse location is Ogun and osun state

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by edetmike: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2022
I need butcherman ready to buy pigs for butcher in Abuja 08034707706
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by edetmike: 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2022
I need butcherman ready to buy pigs for Butcher in Abuja 08034707706
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Ukongbadah: 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2022
Kindly add me to the pig farmers WhatsApp group 08063057566
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chetaraph(m): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2023
Please add me to the WhatsApp group

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Iwin2: 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2023
It's nice going through these pages to the end, what a rich resources; very interactive, informative, educative, practical and detailed owing to wealth of experience ànd knowledge of most contributors. Thank you all
Please, my candid advise to all is. Let's be honest, fair and considerate when dealing with our fellow beings. Whatever a man sow he must surely reap.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 5:54pm On May 19, 2023
Hi. Been a while I have posted here.

Between ASF and increased feed prices we have a lot to do if we are to remain profitable and sustainable.

But that's a story for another day.

Meanwhile I have a free e-book that will help farmers, intending farmers or farmers who are restocking deal with ASF and restocking.

African Swine Fever Prevention, Gilt Management and Successful Restocking by John Carr and Daniel Sperling

Topics covered include:
• The Pathogen Basics
• Keeping a Farm Free of ASF
• How to Remove Specific Pathogens from a Farm
• Depopulation and Cleaning in Cases of ASF and Repopulation
• Reasons for Repopulation Failure
• Bringing in New Animals and Monitoring Freedom from ASF

And there is a special topic: Setting Targets for the New Farm which includes subtopics like
• Breeding Targets
• Adult Herd Size Calculations
• Nursery, Grower And Finishing Herd Calculations
• Displaying The Farm’s Batch Pig Flow
• Getting The Right Number Of Gilts To Cycle

Send 'I need this' to 09013405904 to get the download link.

To your continued success!!!
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by kolarov93(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2023
I'm so happy to find this thread
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Antibettings: 10:19am On Jun 09, 2023
dynamix101:

Please let's do the right thing so that we can record lower mortality and have piglets that are not anemic. Iron injection must be given to pregnant sows at least twice before they deliver their young.

There are other practices that farmers adopt which seem innocuous but end up improving their animal yields even if its slightly.

This advice cost me 40 mortalities
Don't follow it

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2023
Antibettings:

Don't follow it

Thanks

What happened that you had 40 mortalities??
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Orwasen: 3:36am On Jun 27, 2023
BEST AGRO SEEDLINGS
Call or Whatsapp Best Agro +2347069670428
*Palm tress
*Orange
*Mango
*Ogbono
*Guava
*Plantains suckers
*Cashew
*Pawpaw
*Kola nut
*Bitter kola
*Coco
*Coconut
*Moringa
*Pears
*Avacodo etc

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Antibettings: 5:39am On Jun 27, 2023
dynamix101:

What happened that you had 40 mortalities??
Different complications with my piglets
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by opwa4us(m): 6:40am On Jun 27, 2023
Contact me for your fresh wet spent Grain. 08068770308
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Christistruth03: 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
Antibettings:

Don't follow it

Thanks

dynamix101:

Please let's do the right thing so that we can record lower mortality and have piglets that are not anemic. Iron injection must be given to pregnant sows at least twice before they deliver their young.

There are other practices that farmers adopt which seem innocuous but end up improving their animal yields even if its slightly.

why don't you just feed the Pig Ugu Leaves for blood and iron
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Adetoluwa2: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
dejia:
Hi farmers,

Hello sir. Just sent you a PM. Would like to have a chat with you. Thank you!
I have taken time to read almost all the post, i have learnt alot , we hope to learn more from each other

Am a pig farmer in ilorin.. Yes, ilorin ; our farm is 2years old , we have about a 30 sow production,
with a capacity of about 70 sow unit.( still growing)

We only use A.I from PIC in SA ,to cross the breed we got from Obasanjo, we dont even have a boar on the farm.

We decided to go this route, when we noticed we bought some piglets from a farm when we started 2years ago, immediately they got to about 45kg

they simply stopped growing, even when we feed them with soyabeans and maize, the best we got was 48kg. We eventually sold them losing

money;
I took time to research and did a training in piggery training in SA from a farm that has 6,000 sow unit, and discovered it might be inbreeding problem;
In SA, at 7months weigh about 135kg averagely while a 7months old pig in Nigeria weigh about 45kg,
what we are trying to do is to bridge the gap and have atleast 80kg within 7months,

i know alot of expert here will argue that breed isnt the only reason, for the weight diff.. i also

agree but it is one of the biggest factors.

but if you are able to achieve 80kg in 7months, you wont mind to feed maize and soyabeans, eventhough they are expensive ( we dont feed that)

We inseminated my first set of sow Sept last year, and they littered early this year, some gave us as high as 19 piglets, in SA, any litter less than 14 isnt accepted for A.I, something must have gone wrong in the process

Our third set of A.I litter has started littering since last week, and we hope to wean them after 40days, and re-inseminate

10days after than. We synchronise our sow, so we inseminate them in batches

From my experience, A.I is the way to go ( some farmers might not agree), foreign breed is necessary to prevent inbreeding . We intend to re-inseminate our first batch end of August, as they will be about 80kg and ready to be served. with that, we hope to get a pure PIC breed by Jan,2015. We are still experimenting and researching, but we are happy with the result so far.

We are a breeders farm, majorly looking at serving those who want to go into piggery, Our pigs dont come cheap, because of

the cost associated with bringing in A.I into the country; but i can tell you, its worth it.

Also, let me also advice, farrowing crate is a must.

Liquid feeding is also the best way, mix your feed with water before giving it to the pigs, we mix our water with

multi-vitamins and then mix it with the feed. We also use a growth promoter instead of broiler premix

I also read post about nipples, well we have been using nipples for 2years, a sow requires about 20liters of water

when lactating, how do you serve her that? Also i noticed alot of people give there pigs dirty water; it is totally wrong

from trainning, the farmer must be able to drink the water the pig drinks, so ensure you supply clean water.

Am openned to help any new farmer, who wants to learn from my 2years experience.

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by amadasunfarm(m): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094180472871. Edo Pig farmers in daispora please join our Edo state daispora farmers so that we can take agriculture to the next level in edo state
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by MedicalFlame10(m): 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2023
Please let's link up for farming purpose

Let's partner for Piggery and crops entrepreneurship

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by stanvesco(m): 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
BoluwGoldenFarm:
Maggots Training Advertisement
Boluwa Golden Solutions is into Insects Engineering that is Black soldier flies maggots production farm set up for fish/poultry/Pigs/Rabbits/Snails/Ruminants/Dogs farmers.
Stop spending so much on compounded animal feed rather use Maggots to reduce your feeding cost on farm.
Call Gbenga on 08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950.

Price of food will come down drastically because BSF has all the secret solutions to all farmer's problems because it gives animal protein & organic fertilizer, it also has industrial uses with other derivatives for direct Human use.

We now produce floating fish feed with maggots from our locally fabricated pelletizer operated by petrol engine and we also fabricate for interested people.

I want the pelletizer

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.