Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678412 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:37am On Mar 30, 2015
halaphilip:
Why is the other thread (the one for non-immigrants) not as interesting as this?

adeworth1:
Because our V.O is a bomb.God's sent to everyone lol

This is a very pleasant way to start a Monday morning! LOL

The other thread is difficult because people over there keep asking "What are my chances?" and "Why was I refused?" when that's just not the purpose of the thread. Also, while we strive to treat all applicants, non-immigrant and immigrant, with respect, the fact is that in immigrant visa cases there's a Legal Permanent Resident or U.S. citizen in the U.S. who is also very interested in answers, so the stakes are somewhat higher when an immigrant visa is involved. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:39am On Mar 30, 2015
olusola009:
Hello Ma.

I have this question: as a spouse of a lawful permanent resident in the USA what kind of visa can we apply for to be together and please kindly relate to us the wait time and probably a link to view the requirement also how it can be done.

Regards

That's the F2A visa category, which currently has around a 21-month wait time. The instructions for filing can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/i-130 .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:39am On Mar 30, 2015
sirk111:
No one can blame our angel VO, for not answering non immigrant questions here. Base on the fact that, this thread is for immigrant questions and answers. But when it comes to some non immigrants questions that can't be answered here, immigrantion laws and policies are follow, while people tryin to ask how they could go about their visa applications, or how to get the visa. Which is impossible to answer here, cos they are asking about how their chances are, in geting the visa. So as i understand, if u are eligible to get the visa, u ll get it. But some people trying to break into their laws and policies, by asking difficult questions about the way to get visa, that can't be answered in public. Cos you need respect their immigration laws and policies. Hope this helps to everyone....Kayode

^ Yes, this. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:40am On Mar 30, 2015
chykenny:
Please how long do one have to wait before reapplying after trying for the third.
Though wify is pregnant
First was in dec
Second in February
Third was just this week Monday which was denied

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:42am On Mar 30, 2015
purplestoneeven:
H1i Visa officer, I need your assistance on these: my father file a petition for us when we were much younger under immigrant petition for relative, fiance or orphan. And we have gotten approval notice Jan 2008 but up to this day we have not heard anything from the embassy. Please see details:
Notice type- approval notice, section : unmarried child21/older of permanent resident
Receipt date- March 6,2007
Priority date- March 5, 2007.
Note: my father became a citizen this year and has notified necessary authority about his new status.

I send you this same post last year and you said by November we should hear from the embassy.

We got an invoice from the national visa center to pay $88 and $230 each which we paid in June but until this moment, nothing from the US embassy in Lagos.

what could be the problem, why the delay? I have the NEW case number but I don't know if it is right to put it here.

kindly revert.

It sounds like the National Visa Center is preparing to schedule your interviews. They've had an increase in cases lately which is leading to some delays. You might want to reach out to them and ask them what the status of your cases is.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:43am On Mar 30, 2015
Joboms:
Hi VO..God Bless U for d good work u've been doing.
Pls kindly help me check d status of this 2 applications...
LGS2014731035
LGS2014731036
Tnx a lot.

There's nothing in our system for these cases. They must still be with the National Visa Center, awaiting their turn to be scheduled for interviews.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by noberu10: 7:49am On Mar 30, 2015
VisaOfficer:

The case is experiencing technological difficulties -- it just won't print. We've escalated the problem to our help desk in the U.S. and they're attempting to fix it. As soon as the computer will cooperate, we'll print the visa.

Happy Monday! Has there been any progress on our case? Do you anticipate that it's something that may be resolved this week? We're anxious to have him home.

Thanks for looking into the case for us.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 8:14am On Mar 30, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cutemydee(f): 9:57am On Mar 30, 2015
Goodmorning VO
I just left the collection centre,iv received my passport with Visa! Going with my son to meet his dad very soon. Thanks soo much.God bless you and all yours.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2015
Bro its my first tym here. Plz am planing on settling dwn in us. Wats d procedure nd how much does it cost. I jst need guide lines on hw to start. Thnks bro
VisaOfficer:

Good to see you again! grin

It's best if you stay in the U.S. until you receive your Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) card, then make sure you travel with it at all times. If you stay outside the United States for more than 12 months, you will lose your LPR status, so keep that in mind! Also, if you spend more time outside the U.S. than inside the U.S., at some point the Customs and Border Patrol agents will begin to question you. But if you can show that you're traveling for work, they shouldn't have a problem. Are you going to be able to change your work address from Nigeria to the U.S., even though you travel frequently? That would help.

If you do travel without your LPR card, you'll need to come see us for a boarding foil before you're allowed back on a plane, and that's complicated and takes around a week. So it's in your best interest to hold still until your card is delivered.

Hope this helps!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2015
VisaOfficer:

This is a very pleasant way to start a Monday morning! LOL

The other thread is difficult because people over there keep asking "What are my chances?" and "Why was I refused?" when that's just not the purpose of the thread. Also, while we hope to treat all applicants, non-immigrant and immigrant, with respect, the fact is that in immigrant visa cases there's a Legal Permanent Resident or U.S. citizen in the U.S. who is also very interested in answers, so the stakes are somewhat higher when an immigrant visa is involved. smiley
thks ma you deserve more than
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pthomas950: 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2015
pls I apply for USA visa but was refused in the embassy last month and now I want to reapplied, can I used d same document I used in first place
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2015
cutemydee:
Goodmorning VO
I just left the collection centre,iv received my passport with Visa! Going with my son to meet his dad very soon. Thanks soo much.God bless you and all yours.
congrat,I can't wait to post same too.when we get our visa also going with my son to meet his dad.save trip and remain blessed

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Mar 31, 2015
noberu10:

Happy Monday! Has there been any progress on our case? Do you anticipate that it's something that may be resolved this week? We're anxious to have him home.

Thanks for looking into the case for us.

Resolved by the help desk! The visa *should* be printed today!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:22am On Mar 31, 2015
smithsydny:
Bro its my first tym here. Plz am planing on settling dwn in us. Wats d procedure nd how much does it cost. I jst need guide lines on hw to start. Thnks bro

Could you be more specific? Do you have someone in the U.S. who is planning to file a petition on your behalf?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:35am On Mar 31, 2015
pthomas950:
pls I apply for USA visa but was refused in the embassy last month and now I want to reapplied, can I used d same document I used in first place

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 31, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Could you be more specific? Do you have someone in the U.S. who is planning to file a petition on your behalf?
i dnt have any sir. Wat kind of visa do i nid cuz i wnt 2relocate permanatly thr.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:17am On Mar 31, 2015
smithsydny:
i dnt have any sir. Wat kind of visa do i nid cuz i wnt 2relocate permanatly thr.

Please see http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate.html for ways to relocate permanently to the United States. In general, you will need a family member or an employer to file a petition on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by godfather007: 10:13am On Mar 31, 2015
Hello Mam...

Just a quick question , please how long is USCIS taking to process I-129F counting from when they received it??

Thanks for your time....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:47am On Mar 31, 2015
godfather007:
Hello Mam...

Just a quick question , please how long is USCIS taking to process I-129F counting from when they received it??

Thanks for your time....

Around six to eight months, if there are no problems at all with the petition.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by noberu10: 12:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Resolved by the help desk! The visa *should* be printed today!

Hi VO, has the visa been printed, and when will it be ready for pickup since Friday is holiday?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jojonile: 5:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
Good day VO, can you kindly help me check if my DNA result is ready (LGS2014651009). Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by domangel: 11:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hi Emeka,

After you marry, your wife can file an I-130 petition on your behalf. Within a year (possibly just a few months later, depending on the workload at the National Visa Center), you'll be scheduled for an interview here in Lagos.

I really can't give you pointers on avoiding red flags, because some people reading these forums are looking for ways to make their sham relationships appear bona fide, and I'm not here to help them. smiley All I can tell you is that if your relationship is genuine, and you're able to talk about it convincingly, you shoud be fine.

Good luck!

Hello Officer
I am a citizen of the United States and my fiance is a Nigerian I am wondering if I marry my fiance in Nigeria am I able to fill out the paperwork from Nigeria for him to come to the US while I stay in Nigeria and wait on the answer in Nigeria with him? this is really a plan be for us as we have already submitted our I 129 and he had an interview his documents were sent back to the USCIS but he was not denied or given a reason as to why so we are currently waiting to see what the USCIS has to say in regards to his documents being sent back here we are just trying to come up with another plan if and that the USCIS denies the visa
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hardeybomy: 3:40am On Apr 01, 2015
Sorry mam/sir. I truely apologise for my previous and pointless question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 6:13am On Apr 01, 2015
Good morng mam,

Pls i want to ask the following questions in readiness for my K1 interview in few weeks time.

My fiance's father is the one co-sponsoring us and he has his business/workshop over there.

1. Pls which tax documents should he submitted; his personal or the business or the two?

2. As for the bank statements: is it the personal or the business and it should show from which period to which period?

3. He has a house too... should he attach the docs or just mention it in the i-134 form?

Many thanks for your usual support on this forum ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:11am On Apr 01, 2015
noberu10:

Hi VO, has the visa been printed, and when will it be ready for pickup since Friday is holiday?

Both Friday and Monday are holidays. Your best bet is to contact the collection center directly and ask if it is ready for pickup. I'd wait until late next week, though.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:14am On Apr 01, 2015
jojonile:
Good day VO, can you kindly help me check if my DNA result is ready (LGS2014651009). Thanks.

We haven't received your DNA results yet. The sample was collected on March 16, so you'll need to give the laboratory time to run the test, prepare the results, etc.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:16am On Apr 01, 2015
domangel:
Hello Officer
I am a citizen of the United States and my fiance is a Nigerian I am wondering if I marry my fiance in Nigeria am I able to fill out the paperwork from Nigeria for him to come to the US while I stay in Nigeria and wait on the answer in Nigeria with him? this is really a plan be for us as we have already submitted our I 129 and he had an interview his documents were sent back to the USCIS but he was not denied or given a reason as to why so we are currently waiting to see what the USCIS has to say in regards to his documents being sent back here we are just trying to come up with another plan if and that the USCIS denies the visa

If you marry, the I-129F will be rendered invalid, and you will need to file the I-130. It takes at least six to eight months for USCIS and NVC to process the I-130, often more, so please keep that in mind as you make plans.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:17am On Apr 01, 2015
hardeybomy:
I just wanted to know how it works mam/sir. What are our chances!

A gentle reminder that this is page 125 of this thread... it's best if you make it clear, every time you post, what kind of case you have and exactly what you want to know... your question by itself is unanswerable because it lacks context. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:18am On Apr 01, 2015
stevewale:
Good morng mam,

Pls i want to ask the following questions in readiness for my K1 interview in few weeks time.

My fiance's father is the one co-sponsoring us and he has his business/workshop over there.

1. Pls which tax documents should he submitted; his personal or the business or the two?

2. As for the bank statements: is it the personal or the business and it should show from which period to which period?

3. He has a house too... should he attach the docs or just mention it in the i-134 form?

Many thanks for your usual support on this forum ma

We prefer personal tax documents. We don't request bank statements, but he is free to document the amount he has in savings in the I-134 along with the fact that he owns a house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.