Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678364 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:22am On Apr 01, 2015
May I make a plea for people not to ask me to check their cases and report whether we've received DNA results / whether a visa has been printed / whether their medical reports are still valid? That sort of bureaucratic request is most usefully addressed to LagosIV@state.gov. This thread was envisioned more as a policy / process discussion for questions that are useful to a larger audience, not as a way for individuals to see if we received the contact sheet that was e-mailed to us last Tuesday. Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
You trying a lot ma, God will crown your effort.God bless
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
Dear VO,
Pls where can I locate the US visa collection centre? Mine was approved last Thursday. How do I know if it's ready for pickup?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by purplestoneeven: 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It sounds like the National Visa Center is preparing to schedule your interviews. They've had an increase in cases lately which is leading to some delays. You might want to reach out to them and ask them what the status of your n is.

Thanks alot, do you have my case LGS2008532022.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:19am On Apr 02, 2015
halaphilip:
Dear VO,
Pls where can I locate the US visa collection centre? Mine was approved last Thursday. How do I know if it's ready for pickup?

Immigrant visas issued in Lagos can usually be collected five business days following the interview at the document collection center at Victoria Island (address below).

K1/K3 visas can usually be collected ten business days following the interview at one of the following locations, according to the one that you pre-selected at the time of scheduling your appointment:

GSS DOCUMENT COLLECTION CENTER
DHL. PLOT 230 MURI OKUNOLA STREET,
VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS

DHL HOUSE. NEW AIRPORT ROAD JUNCTION,
APAPA OSHODI EXPRESS WAY, ISOLO, LAGOS

HELPLINE: 094601748
EMAIL: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

BUSINESS HOURS:
Working hours are from 08:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 16:00 every Monday to Friday, except for Nigerian and U.S. Holidays.

Although immigrant visas are typically processed and ready for collection five business days (ten business days for K1/K3 visas) after approval at interview, we encourage you to contact the GSS DOCUMENT COLLECTION CENTER directly to inquire as to the status of your case.

If a visa is not yet ready for pick up when you call or email the GSS DOCUMENT COLLECTION CENTER, please be patient. Occasionally errors on application forms submitted by applicants or computer outages will lengthen the process. There is no need to contact the Consulate General directly.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:20am On Apr 02, 2015
purplestoneeven:

Thanks alot, do you have my case LGS2008532022.

This type of question should be addressed to LagosIV@state.gov, please. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by anuwor: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Good day visa officer my name is erinle oludare adeniyi my questions goes like this..my wife file for me as a fiance in 2012 which I was call for my interview in 2013 and I was denied a visa and my wife have to come to Nigeria to got marry with me in year 2013 and file for me as a spouse in 2013 and I was call for my interviewed on march 12 2015 which my visa lead to revocation....the vo ask me some questions which I answered but the problem now is that the vo ask me for my wedding picture which I show her the registry picture and asked for more picture like the wedding ceremony which I have it at home including the church wedding and I told the vo no I did not have it the reason why I said no is that the wedding ceremoney took place 2011 including the church which I never provided it thinking of my look and my wife in that picture not to contradict with the registry picture which take place in 2013...and my wife purposely file for me as a fiance in 2011 cos of what people says that fiance visa does not take time and my wife was having it on mind by then that she will have the court wedding in America by then....my question now is that if at all they tell us the reason why my visa been denied can I still present the old wedding picture the one I had in 2011 for more evidence.. thanks so much the visa officer awaiting for ur respond.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AyoSire: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
Dear VO,

Why are cases put on administrative processing?
Will the applicant be contacted when such happens?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AyoSire: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
AyoSire:
Dear VO,

Why are cases put on administrative processing?
Will the applicant be contacted when such happens?

Thanks

I am asking because I am worried, I shared with you that my brother went for his interview on March 12 and all went well only that he was asked to submit NPC birth certificate and AOS from my parent which he did and dropped off about two weeks after his interview though he could not get NPC birth cert because he was born before 1992 when the commission was established but they gave him a letter instead.

I even asked you for an update after he submitted the docs but u said I should give some more time. I was surprised when I checked the status to confirm if the VISA is ready but saw Administrative processing.

How long does Administrative processing take?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kino47: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hello VO
If i may ask can one travel a week after his proposed travel date due to some delay at work for example if i propose to travel on the 05/04/2015 but now travelling 11/04/2015 is it a big deal?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
anuwor:
Good day visa officer my name is erinle oludare adeniyi my questions goes like this..my wife file for me as a fiance in 2012 which I was call for my interview in 2013 and I was denied a visa and my wife have to come to Nigeria to got marry with me in year 2013 and file for me as a spouse in 2013 and I was call for my interviewed on march 12 2015 which my visa lead to revocation....the vo ask me some questions which I answered but the problem now is that the vo ask me for my wedding picture which I show her the registry picture and asked for more picture like the wedding ceremony which I have it at home including the church wedding and I told the vo no I did not have it the reason why I said no is that the wedding ceremoney took place 2011 including the church which I never provided it thinking of my look and my wife in that picture not to contradict with the registry picture which take place in 2013...and my wife purposely file for me as a fiance in 2011 cos of what people says that fiance visa does not take time and my wife was having it on mind by then that she will have the court wedding in America by then....my question now is that if at all they tell us the reason why my visa been denied can I still present the old wedding picture the one I had in 2011 for more evidence.. thanks so much the visa officer awaiting for ur respond.

Good afternoon,

The case has been returned to USCIS with a memo recommending revocation. USCIS will contact the petitioner and give her the opportunity to respond. At that time you may wish to explain about your 2011 marriage.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
I am asking because I am worried, I shared with you that my brother went for his interview on March 12 and all went well only that he was asked to submit NPC birth certificate and AOS from my parent which he did and dropped off about two weeks after his interview though he could not get NPC birth cert because he was born before 1992 when the commission was established but they gave him a letter instead.

I even asked you for an update after he submitted the docs but u said I should give some more time. I was surprised when I checked the status to confirm if the VISA is ready but saw Administrative processing.

How long does Administrative processing take?

There are many reasons why a case may be put on administrative processing, so I can't give you an estimate of how long it takes. Please keep in mind, though, that between the election and the upcoming four-day weekend, our operations are somewhat disrupted this week. It's possible that all the documents are here but that they haven't made it to the officer yet.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
kino47:
Hello VO
If i may ask can one travel a week after his proposed travel date due to some delay at work for example if i propose to travel on the 05/04/2015 but now travelling 11/04/2015 is it a big deal?

This sounds like a question for my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
I want to say congratulations to you all on a peaceful (with some exceptions) election! Nigeria has much to be proud of, all because of YOU and your fellow voters. Nicely done! You're a beacon to the world.

I know it was a close election, so that means some people reading this probably didn't vote for the winning candidate. We've had some close elections in the U.S. too... I remember President Obama saying in his victory speech to the voters who voted for the other candidate: "And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote tonight, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be your president, too."

11 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AyoSire: 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Also, congratulations to you all on a peaceful (with some exceptions) election! Nigeria has much to be proud of, all because of YOU and your fellow citizens of all political persuasions. Nicely done! You're a beacon to the world.

Thanks so much VO,

He will send a mail to LagosIV@state.gov to request for an update by the end of next week, I guess it would have been reviewed by then.

We are all so glad we had a peaceful Presidential election, we all had our hearts in our mouths.
The economic situation is picking up and am sure It will be back to normal once we conclude the next set of elections.

Have a wonderful holiday Maam.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by willn1: 11:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hi VO, for the medicals we were referrred to two physician and I want to know if I am supposed to choose one of the physicians or both of them for medicals. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 04, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 12:52am On Apr 05, 2015
Dear VO,

We want to thank you for all you have done for us. Even though we were worried, you let us know we should continue to keep trusting the process. We never lost our faith and despite our fear of not understanding how this process works and the long wait in Admin Processing, my husband was finally approved, and he arrived home to me yesterday at 10:00 am. I saw my husband for the very 2nd time in our entire relationship and marriage exactly 2 yrs and 4 months after marring at 11:30 am yesterday morning and brought him home for the most joyous reunion ever on Good Friday.

We want to say never give up to all still waiting and thank you VO for your timeless efforts every day. May the Lord continue to bless this world. Amen.

Sincerely,

Nalacandi and husband together again...

11 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mnosiru1: 10:54am On Apr 05, 2015
Dear VO, thanks for your effort so far, I am new to this site.
I got an invitation from my friend and his school to come for his graduation that is coming up in may 19 this year
I have a good job and am married and also i have property in Nigeria.
Have booked for my interview and is on 22 of April
My company gave me a letter that will allow me to go for the graduation.
I just got married last 5month back and no kids yet.

My salary is 180,000 monthly and I work with Furniture company also i have all my pay slip.

Just want to confirm if am good to go for the interview?

Thank you so much
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by shamecurls(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2015
Hello V.O,

My son is a US citizen and adopted my first and last name as his own surname. Do i need to notify the embassy about these change?

Thanks in advance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wuwu(m): 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
@ VO I appreciate ur efforts..I wanna ask how many visa is issued yearly on f2b category in nigeria..my priority date is june 2014..tanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pretty16(f): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
nalacandi:
Dear VO,

We want to thank you for all you have done for us. Even though we were worried, you let us know we should continue to keep trusting the process. We never lost our faith and despite our fear of not understanding how this process works and the long wait in Admin Processing, my husband was finally approved, and he arrived home to me yesterday at 10:00 am. I saw my husband for the very 2nd time in our entire relationship and marriage exactly 2 yrs and 4 months after marring at 11:30 am yesterday morning and brought him home for the most joyous reunion ever on Good Friday.

We want to say never give up to all still waiting and thank you VO for your timeless efforts every day. May the Lord continue to bless this world. Amen.

Sincerely,

Wow! Congratulations. You are finally reunited with your hubby. God bless your home.

And to our dear V.O, God bless you ma, for being so helpful to Us. Happy Easter ma'am

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Atmmachine(m): 10:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dear Visa Officer.
I'm an American citizen but i'm originally from Nigeria.
I have a fiancee who resides in Nigeria
How do i bring her over to the States ??

Getting married to her in Nigeria or wait till she comes over here, which one will help make the migration process faster ??
How many years does it take ??
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Immigrant visas issued in Lagos can usually be collected five business days following the interview at the document collection center at Victoria Island (address below).

K1/K3 visas can usually be collected ten business days following the interview at one of the following locations, according to the one that you pre-selected at the time of scheduling your appointment:

DHL. PLOT 230 MURI OKUNOLA STREET,
VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS

DHL HOUSE. NEW AIRPORT ROAD JUNCTION,
APAPA OSHODI EXPRESS WAY, ISOLO, LAGOS

HELPLINE: 094601748
EMAIL: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

BUSINESS HOURS:
Working hours are from 08:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 16:00 every Monday to Friday, except for Nigerian and U.S. Holidays.

Although immigrant visas are typically processed and ready for collection five business days (ten business days for K1/K3 visas) after approval at interview, we encourage you to contact the GSS DOCUMENT COLLECTION CENTER directly to inquire as to the status of your case.

If a visa is not yet ready for pick up when you call or email the GSS DOCUMENT COLLECTION CENTER, please be patient. Occasionally errors on application forms submitted by applicants or computer outages will lengthen the process. There is no need to contact the Consulate General directly.

I've been trying to reach the GSS Collection Center since last week via the phone number you provided to no avail. My email message has not been replied. I also tried tracking my document on their website using my Passport Number and it yielded no result. What do I do?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2015
willn1:
Hi VO, for the medicals we were referrred to two physician and I want to know if I am supposed to choose one of the physicians or both of them for medicals. Thank you.

You can choose either of them. We always try to have at least two panel physicians everywhere in the world so our applicants have a choice.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:27am On Apr 07, 2015
Joani:
Goodmorning, please I travelled to U.S.A with my parents as a baby in 1981 but came back in 1987. I have a social security number but could not get my citizenship. I want to know if there is an advantage for someone who already has an American social security number when applying for a immigrant visa.

No, having a Social Security Number will have no effect whatsoever upon an immigrant visa application.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:28am On Apr 07, 2015
nalacandi:
Dear VO,

Sincerely,

Best of luck to you both! smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:29am On Apr 07, 2015
mnosiru1:
Dear VO, thanks for your effort so far, I am new to this site.
I got an invitation from my friend and his school to come for his graduation that is coming up in may 19 this year
I have a good job and am married and also i have property in Nigeria.
Have booked for my interview and is on 22 of April
My company gave me a letter that will allow me to go for the graduation.
I just got married last 5month back and no kids yet.

My salary is 180,000 monthly and I work with Furniture company also i have all my pay slip.

Just want to confirm if am good to go for the interview?

Thank you so much

This is a question for my colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening -- but it's exactly the sort of question they don't answer. We don't speculate as to what people's chances are.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2015
shamecurls:
Hello V.O,

My son is a US citizen and adopted my first and last name as his own surname. Do i need to notify the embassy about these change?

Thanks in advance

We only need to know if he is applying for a new passport. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:40am On Apr 07, 2015
wuwu:
@ VO I appreciate ur efforts..I wanna ask how many visa is issued yearly on f2b category in nigeria..my priority date is june 2014..tanks!

Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000. Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620. The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320.

So Nigeria could issue 25,620 immigrant visas each year before hitting a limit -- but we don't have that many applicants (believe it or not! It feels like we do!). That means that an F2B application would never be delayed in Nigeria due to a numerical limitation.

That said, what's more important in your case is the cutoff date. Right now we're seeing F2B cases that were filed on or before August 22, 2008, so there's around a six and a half year wait.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2015
Atmmachine:
Dear Visa Officer.
I'm an American citizen but i'm originally from Nigeria.
I have a fiancee who resides in Nigeria
How do i bring her over to the States ??

Getting married to her in Nigeria or wait till she comes over here, which one will help make the migration process faster ??
How many years does it take ??

For a fiance visa, you would need to file the I-129F; for a spouse visa, the I-130. It takes the National Visa Center around six to eight months to process a petition if everything is properly submitted the first time; after that, it's maybe a month quicker to get a fiance interview as compared to a spouse interview. Also, you could file the I-129F now, but you can't file the I-130 until after you are married.

Please see www.uscis.gov for more information!

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.