Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (680058 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:13am On Aug 13, 2014
JehovahFavor: Dear VO, accept my appreciation for your guidance on how to go about processing my children's visas. I wrote your embassy as advised by you and they responde d promptly and have scheduled us for 12/09/2014 by 7.00a.m. Thank you greatly. May i know please if its compulsory that i do the childr en's medicals at the same hospital where my madam and i did ours? I just discovered that their charges are higher there than the second hospital and so wish to change it. Awaiting your response. Have a splendid nite rest.

Glad to hear things are working out! As long as the medical reports are from one of our panel physicians, it's okay if you don't all see the same panel physician.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abos: 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
abos: Dearest VO, we appreciate what u are doing on dis thread and we pray God continue to give u dat wisdom and knowledge.the incidence that happen on thurs (case no 2014AF13630) 7/08/2014 was rather sad and regrettable. Madam u av always helped pple on dis thread by giving helpful advice. My family have also benefitted from your advice we came to the embassy that day with d hope and confidence that our documents were genuine because the said lawyer that advice and handle the whole process was introduce to us and with the assurance that he had handle several adoption cases, he collected so much money from us and also brought in a man that disguise as a welfare officer to visit our home so that we will not suspect him ,he eventually handed over the document to us after collecting so much money. Madam, we got our visa on the 13/06/2014, we were happy ,we value it. If we had known that the document were fake we will not have come to To your office with such confidence, pay for the medicals and also the visa. The mistake we made was not to have checked the integrity of the lawyer and documents because the document look real to us we are not lawyer and have not handle such document before, we were following him blindly,pls madam you are a mother and family person, my family is tearing apart, my wife has been crying and refuse to eat please have mercy upon us , we are just a victim of fraudster in lagos, it will have a great effect on our destiny and family life , the weight of the punishment is too heavy for us to carry ,we are struggling family please madam have mercy on us

This is one of those cases that should not be discussed in detail in a public forum, for obvious reasons. Because there are other DV couples reading this who are considering including their adopted children in their cases, I need to make it very clear that we take adoption fraud extremely seriously. You are free to e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abos: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
VisaOfficer:

This is one of those cases that should not be discussed in detail in a public forum, for obvious reasons. Because there are other DV couples reading this who are considering including their adopted children in their cases, I need to make it very clear that we take adoption fraud extremely seriously. You are free to e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov.
Thank u ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamnewhere: 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
iamnewhere:

Hello Visa Officer,

I hope you will be fine. My question is that My wife is an american citizen and she was divorced but when she got married here with me in Pakistan we on the marriage certificate mentioned her as virgin. Now for CR1 visa she has submitted her divorce papers as well. Now the problem is i can not rectify this error from the marriage certificate issuance authority so hearing this my immigration consultant asked me to cross it my self and wrote divorced on it and then send it to him. I asked him that even if i do that the embassy will physically verify the marriage certificate from registrar and his own copy of marriage certificate which will state her as virgin. So what should i do should i let the case proceed without correcting the virgin part as we are not hiding any thing coz she has already submitted her divorce papers or should i cross it my self and correct it will it effect my case if i do it or not or If i just submit the marriage certificate as it is will the visa officer wont be suspected about it kindly guide me please.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2014
iamnewhere: iamnewhere:

Hello Visa Officer,

I hope you will be fine. My question is that My wife is an american citizen and she was divorced but when she got married here with me in Pakistan we on the marriage certificate mentioned her as virgin. Now for CR1 visa she has submitted her divorce papers as well. Now the problem is i can not rectify this error from the marriage certificate issuance authority so hearing this my immigration consultant asked me to cross it my self and wrote divorced on it and then send it to him. I asked him that even if i do that the embassy will physically verify the marriage certificate from registrar and his own copy of marriage certificate which will state her as virgin. So what should i do should i let the case proceed without correcting the virgin part as we are not hiding any thing coz she has already submitted her divorce papers or should i cross it my self and correct it will it effect my case if i do it or not or If i just submit the marriage certificate as it is will the visa officer wont be suspected about it kindly guide me please.

Greetings! I wouldn't make any corrections to the certificate itself. It would be better to write a letter explaining what happened and to submit it along with the certificate. I doubt that this irregularity will have a serious impact on your case. Good luck to both of you!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamnewhere: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2014
Iamnewhere:

Thank you Visa Officer for your guidance I really appreciate it. I will write the letter and explain about this matter but to who should I address the letter to national visa centre or what. thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Stevoolahlah(m): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2014
Dearest VO, i appreciate what u are doing
on dis thread and i pray God continue to
give u wisdom and knowledge. Ma, me and my wife appeared for DV Immigrant visa at the embassy on May 12 2014 and the interviewer said he's not convince about our Marriage and Issued a rejected letter to us,on my own letter it was stated i was rejected under Section 212(a)(6) C1 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Which i don't undastand and he don't allow us to say much before he issued the letter,now my Uncle want to invites me on visiting for his Son's wedding coming up in December. Am now worry if am going to be deny again or should i go ahead and honour the invitation? Pls ma,i need your reply urgent about my case.

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:16am On Aug 14, 2014
Stevoolahlah: Dearest VO, i appreciate what u are doing
on dis thread and i pray God continue to
give u wisdom and knowledge. Ma, me and my wife appeared for DV Immigrant visa at the embassy on May 12 2014 and the interviewer said he's not convince about our Marriage and Issued a rejected letter to us,on my own letter it was stated i was rejected under Section 212(a)(6) C1 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Which i don't undastand and he don't allow us to say much before he issued the letter,now my Uncle want to invites me on visiting for his Son's wedding coming up in December. Am now worry if am going to be deny again or should i go ahead and honour the invitation? Pls ma,i need your reply urgent about my case.

You will need a waiver of the ineligibility before any visa can be issued. If you apply for a visa in the future, the officer will explain the waiver process to you. (Because the process depends on the visa category applied for, the details of the case, etc., it's not something I can explain based solely on what you've written here.)

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2014
iamnewhere: iamnewhere:

Thank you Visa Officer for your guidance I really appreciate it. I will write the letter and explain about this matter but to who should I address the letter to national visa centre or what. thank you

You can address the letter "To whom it may concern" and include a copy with the certificate any time anyone asks for the certificate.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Stevoolahlah(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2014
Thank you soo much,but i still don't get you. Are u sayin i should honour the invitation and at the point of Interview they will now tell me what am going to do about the waiver? because some people are confussin me here that i have to wait for 5yrs before i can apply for any Visa. Are u now sayin i should go ahead and accept the invitation? I guess the visa type will B1/B2 visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2014
Stevoolahlah: Thank you soo much,but i still don't get you. Are u sayin i should honour the invitation and at the point of Interview they will now tell me what am going to do about the waiver?

Yes, you should honor the invitation. If you otherwise qualify for the visa, the officer will let you know about waiver instructions.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by osufamily(f): 11:18am On Aug 14, 2014
Hello ma,
Im still confuse abt what happen at d embassy today,im still at d embassy though,i was asked are u osuagwu and i answer and he ask if i was d one on my pictures and i reply yes, he further ask about the addrress on my interview letter and i reply because i play my lottery at mowe and my brothere was d one that instruct me to play the lottery at mowe and use his address but i never knew i will be one of d lucky winner,and he ask when i dont reside in mowe why do i use d address and i told him why because my brother gave birth when i was there so i decide to use d address,he ask where is my husband and i answer,he ask any kid and i answer,and he ask abt my waec certificate and i answer and he ask if i go to d school and i answer correctly and he brought out d form and said im sorry u re ineligible, ma i want to know what my offenses or what happen that i was deny... my case number is 2014Af00018025 and my name is DELETED,he didn't check my document or anything ma'am,im a girl with lot of knowledge please i will like to know what happen or do i need to appeal please advice ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2014
osufamily: Hello ma,
Im still confuse abt what happen at d embassy today,
... my case number is 2014Af00018025 and my name is DELETED,he didn't check my document or anything ma'am,im a girl with lot of knowledge please i will like to know what happen or do i need to appeal please advice ma

Let me take this opportunity to explain why I won't discuss the details of specific cases in this forum. First of all, this is not the place to get into debates about the decision that was made; it would derail the thread. Secondly, ethically, I can only give answers here that reflect the information given in the posts by Nairaland members. However, in this case, as in others I have been asked about, I have access to much more information than has been posted to Nairaland (case notes, photos, etc.). So there's no way for me to give an accurate answer without making reference to additional information that the Nairaland member hasn't shared with everyone, which wouldn't be polite or ethical.

Persons with questions about visa decisions should e-mail LagosIV@state.gov, because I cannot, ethically, use this forum as a place to answer those questions.

Please note that DV applicants will likely be told only that the decision is final.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by johnsonadex: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2014
"According to the newyork 103.5 ktu fm's news i heard that countries that posses the EBOLA disease WILL be barred from entering the U.S until the disease is cured permanently, as a measure to prevent the disease from spreading... The law has NOT yet been pass down or decided yet.. So ur prayers will go a long way for those who aren't yet in the U.S..."

The above is quoted from someone in US. How true is that? Will it affect people that's already received their visa but still in Nigeria?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2014
johnsonadex: "According to the newyork 103.5 ktu fm's news i heard that countries that posses the EBOLA disease WILL be barred from entering the U.S until the disease is cured permanently, as a measure to prevent the disease from spreading... The law has NOT yet been pass down or decided yet.. So ur prayers will go a long way for those who aren't yet in the U.S..."

The above is quoted from someone in US. How true is that? Will it affect people that's already received their visa but still in Nigeria?

I have not heard that this is being considered -- and believe me, we are monitoring the situation carefully, so if it were being considered, I would have heard it.

Right now the important thing for everyone to do is just to stay calm and stay safe! Wash your hands, seek medical help if you feel ill, don't eat undercooked food and avoid contact with persons who are visibly ill. These are good ideas in general, not just for Ebola! Remember, your chances of catching Ebola are actually very very small, especially if you follow these sensible guidelines.

I've heard credible reports of people drinking salt water "to protect themselves" -- please let people know not to do that. Drinking large quantities of salt water can make you very ill or even kill you.

As always, you have my word that if our travel policies change, I will let you all know about it right away.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by osufamily(f): 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=VisaOfficer]

Let me take this opportunity to explain why I won't discuss the details of specific cases in this forum. First of all, this is not the place to get into debates about the decision that was made; it would derail the thread. Secondly, ethically, I can only give answers here that reflect the information given in the posts by Nairaland members. However, in this case, as in others I have been asked )am about, I have access to much more information than has been posted to Nairaland (case notes, photos, etc.). So there's no way for me to give an accurate answer without making reference to additional information that the Nairaland member hasn't shared with everyone, which wouldn't be polite or ethical.

Persons with questions about visa decisions should e-mail LagosIV@state.gov, because I cannot, ethically, use this forum as a place to answer those questions.

Please note that DV applicants will likely be told only that the decision is final.

Thank you for your prompt response ma'am,i was at d embassy with the waec scratch card and waec print out, i did email the america embassy with all correct information,thank you ma,God bless you ma as u know im your daughter and seriously hate rejection
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ddream77: 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Good afternoon dearest V.O,
I sent an email yesterday to be updated on my case.
This was the reply I got ;
Your case is still under review; this type of processing can sometimes involve several different sections and can take several months or longer.  The unit completing the administrative processing does not always have full control of the timing involved. 
We understand your concerns and will contact you when to return to the Consulate.  Please do not send us additional e-mails about this matter unless you have new information or new questions for us, so that we may focus our attention on our administrative processing work.
"Several months or longer" wow... does that mean I should just forget about getting the visa since the deadline is 30th of September and from the look of the email and "my view" my case may not be solved on or before the 30th.
I still ponder what the issue is with my name being held under common names.
I have never even travelled outside Nigeria before.
Ma, please give me your candid advice because i'm so confused. Besides is there a way I can send you a personal email? Because you said there are things you cannot discuss on a public forum.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ddream77: Good afternoon dearest V.O,
I sent an email yesterday to be updated on my case.
This was the reply I got ;
Your case is still under review; this type of processing can sometimes involve several different sections and can take several months or longer.  The unit completing the administrative processing does not always have full control of the timing involved. 
We understand your concerns and will contact you when to return to the Consulate.  Please do not send us additional e-mails about this matter unless you have new information or new questions for us, so that we may focus our attention on our administrative processing work.
"Several months or longer" wow... does that mean I should just forget about getting the visa since the deadline is 30th of September and from the look of the email and "my view" my case may not be solved on or before the 30th.
I still ponder what the issue is with my name being held under common names.
I have never even travelled outside Nigeria before.
Ma, please give me your candid advice because i'm so confused. Besides is there a way I can send you a personal email? Because you said there are things you cannot discuss on a public forum.

Good afternoon,

I'm afraid I personally can't give you any more information than you're receiving from our e-mails. Your case is still under administrative processing; we're doing all we can to make sure that DV cases under administrative processing are resolved before September 30; but we do not always have full control over the timing. I know it's frustrating, but that's all I can tell you. I'm sorry. Hoping for good news.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
Good day mam,

Pls a quick one; i am chatting with my friend who traveled to the US, New Jersey almost 2 years via K1-1 fiancee visa. He wants to file for his son who's 7 years old but he didn't list him on the I129F form while applying then. He is now confused that if this may affect to stop the child being approved?

I told him i would copy your response on this and send to him. Thanks in anticipation for your response ma.

Warm Regards
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
stevewale: Good day mam,

Pls a quick one; i am chatting with my friend who traveled to the US, New Jersey almost 2 years via K1-1 fiancee visa. He wants to file for his son who's 7 years old but he didn't list him on the I129F form while applying then. He is now confused that if this may affect to stop the child being approved?

I told him i would copy your response on this and send to him. Thanks in anticipation for your response ma.

Warm Regards

Greetings!

Well, we will likely have additional questions, but as long as the child is truly his son, there's no problem with filing for him. Hope this helps.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by felixfelix: 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
Most kind and dashing VO, ur gud work here speaks volumes, inviting endless appreciations than u could expect. However, I've something I just discovered in d Phone number of my host I filled. I mistyped one digit ,that is to say instead of it being eleven in number it is ten.My interview is next week, what should be done?. Ur advice wd be highly appreciated.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cute2014: 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hello ma'am,how was your day today?I was just wondering the percentage of DV applicants your office get to interview as compared with other classes of immigrant visas.The reason for this is that I hope after Sept 30 this thread will still be active and you being on hand to answer our questions intelligently as you have always done.Do have a nice night.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cute2014: 10:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
@Justwise;How are you the silent one?I just saw that u removed my post,I must have broken one of the rules right?I guess it is derailing the V.O's thread with my personal opinion.Sorry for this and do have a good night.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by willn1: 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hi, my sister got her citizenship last october, she filed for my parents n now their greencard application has been approved. She now wants to file for us as siblings and since u said it would take abt 12yrs
1. Should we wait for our parents to become citizens so that they file for us as children or would that also take a long time
2. Or should we just go ahead and file now hoping when our parents get their citizenship and file for us we would jump the queue since we filed earlier
Pls would like to find out wat the better option is for us
Thanks a lot !
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:11am On Aug 15, 2014
cute2014:

Hello ma'am,how was your day today?I was just wondering the percentage of DV applicants your office get to interview as compared with other classes of immigrant visas.The reason for this is that I hope after Sept 30 this thread will still be active and you being on hand to answer our questions intelligently as you have always done.Do have a nice night.

Good morning ma'am,

Hope all is well with you and your lovely family!

Usually our schedule is around 33% Diversity Visas and 67% everything else. This month, though, it's been running around 50/50 as we make sure that everyone gets a chance to have an appointment before the end of the season. I'll still be here, long after Sept. 30, 2014. cool

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:15am On Aug 15, 2014
willn1: Hi, my sister got her citizenship last october, she filed for my parents n now their greencard application has been approved. She now wants to file for us as siblings and since u said it would take abt 12yrs
1. Should we wait for our parents to become citizens so that they file for us as children or would that also take a long time
2. Or should we just go ahead and file now hoping when our parents get their citizenship and file for us we would jump the queue since we filed earlier
Pls would like to find out wat the better option is for us
Thanks a lot !

Greetings! If you're unmarried, your parents can file for you now. If not, since your sister is already a U.S. citizen, my advice would be to have her go ahead and file. That way, if for any reason your parents decide to remain LPRs, at least your sister's petition is already on file.

You cannot jump the queue by having your parents step in for your sister when they become U.S. citizens -- that's not how it works. smiley Petitioners can't substitute for each other like that. Your parents would have to file a new petition, even if your sister had already filed one.

Best of luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:18am On Aug 15, 2014
felixfelix: Most kind and dashing VO, ur gud work here speaks volumes, inviting endless appreciations than u could expect. However, I've something I just discovered in d Phone number of my host I filled. I mistyped one digit ,that is to say instead of it being eleven in number it is ten.My interview is next week, what should be done?. Ur advice wd be highly appreciated.

Greetings, chivalrous sir,

Your host's phone number isn't THAT big of a deal. If we have to call him and the number doesn't work, we'll either look it up or ask you to confirm it for us. At any rate, just let us know when you come to your interview.

Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 7:46am On Aug 15, 2014
cute2014:

@Justwise;How are you the silent one?I just saw that u removed my post,I must have broken one of the rules right?I guess it is derailing the V.O's thread with my personal opinion.Sorry for this and do have a good night.

Exactly that. Got nothing to do with you as a person, just want to avoid 3rd opinion here which will end up derailing this thread.

No need for apology though, thanks for your understanding.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by willn1: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! If you're unmarried, your parents can file for you now. If not, since your sister is already a U.S. citizen, my advice would be to have her go ahead and file. That way, if for any reason your parents decide to remain LPRs, at least your sister's petition is already on file.

You cannot jump the queue by having your parents step in for your sister when they become U.S. citizens -- that's not how it works. smiley Petitioners can't substitute for each other like that. Your parents would have to file a new petition, even if your sister had already filed one.

Best of luck!
Thanks a lot for the advice and keep up the good work!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Deyooluv: 8:30am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello v.o
Pls i need ur advice. I have a girl friend i met online for like 3month now but am confuse how to go join her for marriage since she is so concern about me moving to come join her.
I need ur advice on what type of visa i should be applying?
I wanna marry her since she fits my kinda girl i want

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.