Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,983 members, 7,828,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679501 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
adekunleoba: Dear VO,

I applied for B1/B2 (visiting) visa at Abuja Embassy some years back with my wife and we were denied because I was accused of been married to another lady before.

I was told the lady applied for immigration visa or won visa lottery, The VO told me that he can see that I never apply with the girl at embassy but the lady used my details with my picture as the husband in the form she sent back, and he advice me to go back to Lagos embassy to clear things up cos that where our appointment was schedule for

But I never apply for any visa with another lady at any USA Embassy apart from my wife.

Can you please advice me on what to do to clear up this with the Embassy, I really need to read back from you, my wife and my in laws taking this so serious

I NEED HELP

Expecting to read from you soon.

Please send us an e-mail at LagosIV@state.gov so we can look into your case.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
chokey419: Good day, I'm in the f1 category for unmarried sons and daughters of us citizens and I want to know why f2b priority dates are moving faster than f1? If I'm not mistaken f2b is for lpr while f1 is for us citizens, so why the difference if almost 4 months?

Usually F1s move a little faster, but sometimes F2Bs catch up or even move ahead by a few months. It depends on how many of each type of visa are waiting in the queue and how many of each type have been issued recently, worldwide. Don't begrudge the F2Bs -- your category will catch back up soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
hello VO

please i need ur advise on this. i applied for a b1/b2 visa for birthing purpose in d usa but i later learnt that i should have applied for a b2 visa. I have scheduled a family appointment with my husband already and i am finding it difficult to change my ds 160 no on the appointment page. Please can i just fill another form and take the confirmation page along for the interview? Or how do i go about this?
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chokey419(m): 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Usually F1s move a little faster, but sometimes F2Bs catch up or even move ahead by a few months. It depends on how many of each type of visa are waiting in the queue and how many of each type have been issued recently, worldwide. Don't begrudge the F2Bs -- your category will catch back up soon.
Thanks a lot for that response. My other question is if Obama does the executive order on immigration how does it affect us that have been waiting legally? Since like 5 million illegal migrants would be cleared for legally getting their green cards?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ezemistic: 1:30am On Sep 04, 2014
Hello VO,
Pls I need your help, I applied for US Visa in April 2014 at Abuja embassy for me and my family (me , my wife & 1yr old daughter), but we were denied the VISA, for an unknown reason. Although I discovered that my account statement was not regular (fluctuates btw N6M to N0 to N1.5M) within the 6-months, although my total expenditure within that 6-months was upto N25M. As a worker in an oil firm i was too confident that it is ok. Another thing i noticed, is that I applied for B1/B2 whereas I told them, we may give birth to our next baby in US. Thirdly the lady requested for account statement but i gave her my pay slip before giving her my account statement, which i felt was wrong.

My question are these;

(1) Can I apply for US Visa in Oct/November 2014?

(2) If the answer to question 1 is YES? Then what will i fill in that part of DS-160 form that says " have you been denied US Visa "?

3) my wife is near her DD (Jan 2015), and by October, my stable account statement will only be 4-months, can i use a 4-months account statement for US Visa interview?

(4) I have made part payment (35% refundable deposit) to the hospital in US and 1-week payment for accommodation (although we proposed 90-days) and I hope to pay for TO & FRO flight (with refundable policy) by next week. Are these measures good steps to take?

THANKS, i hope you find time to answer my questions.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by PMBL: 2:38am On Sep 04, 2014
Good day VO I would like to know what kind of security check is done for a beneficiary seeking a spousal visa at USCIS level if the beneficiary has never entered the US before? and who conducts this security check the FBI or someone else in the beneficiary country?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:09am On Sep 04, 2014
Joboms: Dear VO,
I'm Ά̲̣̣̣̥ nigerian..my dad is Ά̲̣̣̣̥lready Ά̲̣̣̣̥ citizen of U.S.
Last year he filled for me and my sis..now d visa petition has been approved..it was approved on d 14th of august..my dad said we'll be contacted between 30-60 days for Ά̲̣̣̣̥ date for an interview..
1) when do u think we'll be invited
2) Wat should we expect
3) Do we have to do Ά̲̣̣̣̥ DNA test
4) When do u think d visa will be approved
Tanx VO

It depends how old you are and whether you're married. You can check http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html to monitor your priority dates if you're in the F1 or F3 categories.

"What should we expect" is a very broad question. smiley

You may be asked to choose the DNA option if you can't convince the interviewing officer that there's a bona fide relationship between you and the petitioner. We often see people who haven't seen their parents for 10 years and just can't talk about them at all. Or, sometimes parents go to the U.S. as tourists or Diversity Visa winners and didn't say anything about having children in their original interviews, so when children suddenly appear we become curious. But most of the time, we don't ask about DNA.

No way to tell when a visa might be approved without seeing you in person.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:09am On Sep 04, 2014
hollabeesy2014: hello VO

please i need ur advise on this. i applied for a b1/b2 visa for birthing purpose in d usa but i later learnt that i should have applied for a b2 visa. I have scheduled a family appointment with my husband already and i am finding it difficult to change my ds 160 no on the appointment page. Please can i just fill another form and take the confirmation page along for the interview? Or how do i go about this?
Thank you

This is a question for my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:10am On Sep 04, 2014
chokey419:
Thanks a lot for that response. My other question is if Obama does the executive order on immigration how does it affect us that have been waiting legally? Since like 5 million illegal migrants would be cleared for legally getting their green cards?

I don't know. I'm thinking the visa part of the puzzle wouldn't be affected, though.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:11am On Sep 04, 2014
Ezemistic: Hello VO,
Pls I need your help, I applied for US Visa in April 2014 at Abuja embassy for me and my family (me , my wife & 1yr old daughter), but we were denied the VISA, for an unknown reason. Although I discovered that my account statement was not regular (fluctuates btw N6M to N0 to N1.5M) within the 6-months, although my total expenditure within that 6-months was upto N25M. As a worker in an oil firm i was too confident that it is ok. Another thing i noticed, is that I applied for B1/B2 whereas I told them, we may give birth to our next baby in US. Thirdly the lady requested for account statement but i gave her my pay slip before giving her my account statement, which i felt was wrong.

My question are these;

(1) Can I apply for US Visa in Oct/November 2014?

(2) If the answer to question 1 is YES? Then what will i fill in that part of DS-160 form that says " have you been denied US Visa "?

3) my wife is near her DD (Jan 2015), and by October, my stable account statement will only be 4-months, can i use a 4-months account statement for US Visa interview?

(4) I have made part payment (35% refundable deposit) to the hospital in US and 1-week payment for accommodation (although we proposed 90-days) and I hope to pay for TO & FRO flight (with refundable policy) by next week. Are these measures good steps to take?

THANKS, i hope you find time to answer my questions.

These are questions for my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2014
PMBL: Good day VO I would like to know what kind of security check is done for a beneficiary seeking a spousal visa at USCIS level if the beneficiary has never entered the US before? and who conducts this security check the FBI or someone else in the beneficiary country?

There are several security checks at all stages of the process. I'm not at liberty to go into fine detail here. Basically, if there's anything in a beneficiary's past that might be questionable, it's in the beneficiary's best interest to be honest about it. We'll know, for instance, if the beneficiary has ever used a different identity to obtain a visa or passport, and whether the beneficiary has ever been arrested. If the beneficiary lies about any of it, that adds misrepresentation to the list and makes it very difficult for us to find ways to help the person enter the United States. On the other hand, candor and full disclosure definitely weigh heavily on the positive side of the scales during a visa adjudication.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lastmanstandn(m): 7:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Hello VO.

I applied for a tourist/leisure visa in February and was denied(in Abuja) I sincerely wanted to spend some two weeks there after my engagement.

The, I had a job(a contract one though). I filled married But now I'm applying for a students visa, I have written all the tests and secured my admission but I'm scared cus I don't know what to fill in my next application as my contract job has ended and I have had to terminate my engagement.

Can I apply as a single man been sponsored to study by my parents? will this affect my chances of securing a student visa.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:27am On Sep 04, 2014
lastmanstandn: Hello VO.

I applied for a tourist/leisure visa in February and was denied(in Abuja) I sincerely wanted to spend some two weeks there after my engagement.

The, I had a job(a contract one though). I filled married But now I'm applying for a students visa, I have written all the tests and secured my admission but I'm scared cus I don't know what to fill in my next application as my contract job has ended and I have had to terminate my engagement.

Can I apply as a single man been sponsored to study by my parents? will this affect my chances of securing a student visa.

Thanks.

This is a question for my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rexdon1(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2014
VisaOfficer:

They're not answering my phone calls either. ~hmmph!~ Well, the visa should be ready for pick-up, but I'll try to verify again in the a.m.

Dear VO,

Just a reminder on the location of my passport. Still can't be traced.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:40am On Sep 04, 2014
rexdon1:

Dear VO,

Just a reminder on the location of my passport. Still can't be traced.

Thanks.

Confirmation finally! "The K1 visa was sent to DHL center on August 29, 2014." So you should be good to go!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rexdon1(m): 10:59am On Sep 04, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Confirmation finally! "The K1 visa was sent to DHL center on August 29, 2014." So you should be good to go!

Thank you. I appreciate.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenpa: 11:18am On Sep 04, 2014
Dear VO

Thanks for your guidance, I did as you suggested and called the NVC 2 times and got 2 different answers.  The first person stated that I129F was available to my spouse and child to apply for a k3 and k4 while await for the I130 to be approve in then an apply for an adjustment of status. However is the child does not have an I130 he/she is not eligible for K4. I did not understand so I decided to call back to get clarification now I am more confused.

The second person stated that the I130 is not needed for child to receive the K4 visa. I asked if the could put an administrative  hold on I130 so that the I129F can be processed. She said there is not away because of the time frame. I applied for the I130 in March 2014 which gives it almost 6 months and the I129F in April which gives it wait time almost 5 months. When I check the status on the website I can only get information on The I129F. I now getting all the documents ready to apply for my stepson I130. My fear is that we will be waiting another 6 or so months after my spouses I130.

I am so disappointed in the NVC because as a USA citizen I thought I was being guided in the best way to handle my case and now I am more confused then ever. However VO I have watched your threads on this site for months and I am very thankful for your assistance and dedications you have shown to all of us. again thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:20am On Sep 04, 2014
Joboms:
I'm 19 and my sister is 16

You will both be IR2s, so the interviews will be scheduled as soon as your cases are processed by NVC. A few months' wait.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2014
queenpa: Dear VO

Thanks for your guidance, I did as you suggested and called the NVC 2 times and got 2 different answers.  The first person stated that I129F was available to my spouse and child to apply for a k3 and k4 while await for the I130 to be approve in then an apply for an adjustment of status. However is the child does not have an I130 he/she is not eligible for K4. I did not understand so I decided to call back to get clarification now I am more confused.

The second person stated that the I130 is not needed for child to receive the K4 visa. I asked if the could put an administrative  hold on I130 so that the I129F can be processed. She said there is not away because of the time frame. I applied for the I130 in March 2014 which gives it almost 6 months and the I129F in April which gives it wait time almost 5 months. When I check the status on the website I can only get information on The I129F. I now getting all the documents ready to apply for my stepson I130. My fear is that we will be waiting another 6 or so months after my spouses I130.

I am so disappointed in the NVC because as a USA citizen I thought I was being guided in the best way to handle my case and now I am more confused then ever. However VO I have watched your threads on this site for months and I am very thankful for your assistance and dedications you have shown to all of us. again thank you.

Sorry it's all so complicated -- and sorry I'm not familiar with what happens inside NVC. For what it's worth, I can tell you that you do NOT need to file an I-130 for your stepson to have him included as a K-4 in his father's K-3 case. If the K-3 case makes it to post, we'll process the child as a K-4.

If your husband's I-130 gets here too quickly for the I-129 and you end up filing an I-130 for your stepson, once you have an appointment date scheduled for the child, please ask us to expedite the appointment for you so the two can travel together.

The good news is that this WILL all work out eventually, and sooner rather than later! The bad news is, bureaucracy.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by reeq(m): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
smiley[quote author=VisaOfficer]

Greetings VO.. Wooow.. Ecstatic! Welcome back. Please I have a few questions.
(1)My I-129f was forwarded to the Lagos Embassy since the July 15 2014 and up till now the embassy hasn't contacted for my interview. This is my case number(LGS2014691037). What should I do.
(2) Is it okay to go for Medicals or should I wait till the Embassy contacts me. If its ok, what the Address.
(3)I misplaced my Original Birth Certificate but I have the photocopies,Do I need to swear an Affidavit for the photocopy I have.
(4) Is it possible for my fiance to join me for the interview.
(5) What are the specific docs I need to bring along for the interview.
Sorry for bugging you with all this questions,but at the same time THANKS for you understanding.
God bless.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 12:10am On Sep 05, 2014
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:19am On Sep 05, 2014
Joboms: Greetings VO,
Please how am I gonna be contacted for d interview date?
Is it through Ά̲̣̣̣̥ phone call,email,posting?
Thanks

The National Visa Center will contact the petitioner directly when your interview has been scheduled.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:19am On Sep 05, 2014
reeq: Greetings VO.. Wooow.. Ecstatic! Welcome back. Please I have a few questions.
(1)My I-129f was forwarded to the Lagos Embassy since the July 15 2014 and up till now the embassy hasn't contacted for my interview. This is my case number(LGS2014691037). What should I do.
(2) Is it okay to go for Medicals or should I wait till the Embassy contacts me. If its ok, what the Address.
(3)I misplaced my Original Birth Certificate but I have the photocopies,Do I need to swear an Affidavit for the photocopy I have.
(4) Is it possible for my fiance to join me for the interview.
(5) What are the specific docs I need to bring along for the interview.
Sorry for bugging you with all this questions,but at the same time THANKS for you understanding.
God bless

Greetings! Here's the e-mail we sent your fiancee on July 21:

The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is ready to begin final processing of your approved K1 visa petition. Kindly request your fiance/fiancee (the applicant) to visit any branch of Guaranty Trust Bank PLC in Nigeria to pay the K1 visa processing fee of $240; and after that, follow the instructions for fiance/fiancee visa applicants attached to this email. (Note: You can find the form at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html )

Please note that no applicant will be allowed into the Consulate Visa Hall without the confirmation (Barcode) page of Form DS-160 completed online and a valid medical examination report.

If you or your fiancee encounters any problems accessing or using the online appointment system (http://www.ustraveldocs.com), please contact: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com or +234-9-460-1748 for assistance.

Info about medical paperwork and the documents you'll need are in the pdf mentioned above. You will need an official NPC birth certificate, not a photocopy, so please obtain a replacement for the lost original.

Your fiancee cannot join you for the interview -- we don't have the space to accommodate all the petitioners.

Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by reeq(m): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:
Greetings VO
Thanks for the reply.
I have already filled my DS-160 form. I am on my way to GTB. Would intimate you if I have any question.. Enjoy you weekend..#Blessed

The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is ready to begin final processing of your approved K1 visa petition. Kindly request your fiance/fiancee (the applicant) to visit any branch of Guaranty Trust Bank PLC in Nigeria to pay the K1 visa processing fee of $240; and after that, follow the instructions for fiance/fiancee visa applicants attached to this email. (Note: You can find the form at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html )

Please note that no applicant will be allowed into the Consulate Visa Hall without the confirmation (Barcode) page of Form DS-160 completed online and a valid medical examination report.

If you or your fiancee encounters any problems accessing or using the online appointment system (http://www.ustraveldocs.com), please contact: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com or +234-9-460-1748 for assistance.

Info about medical paperwork and the documents you'll need are in the pdf mentioned above. You will need an official NPC birth certificate, not a photocopy, so please obtain a replacement for the lost original.

Your fiancee cannot join you for the interview -- we don't have the space to accommodate all the petitioners.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Good luck!

Actually I am not the OP of this question, but I wanna confirm in readiness for my own I129F too, that I tot the $240 is usually payable at the Embassy in Lagos and interview is usually scheduled by the beneficiary him/her self online (that is fixing his own convenient available dates) ... Please correct me if otherwise ... My case is still under "Initial Review" thou ...lolz

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fatboislim(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dear VO,
My cousin will be coming on 20th October for DNA sample collection. How long before she's invited again to be issued visa if the result comes out ok?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Fortsucc(f): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hi,Visa Officer. On behalf of me and my spouse, we thank you for helping us to get our visa last year. I know you won't remember us because you do help alot of people. We are the one that was denied the visa and you called me back to bring my mother's pictures and my spouse mother's picture. You did the third interview for us and approved it, you monitored it till we get the Visa packages. We really appreciate you, if not for you we will not be in USA today. Thanks and God bless you and your household.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mogzy(m): 3:56am On Sep 06, 2014
Dear V.O,

Thanks for the marvelous work you are doing here. I have a question as regards the F2A I filed for my Wife and currently with NVC. I had sent along with other documents, the scanned copies of both her birth certificate from National Population Commission (NPC) and our marriage certificate. I later received a mail from NVC stipulating that I send the originals of the 2 documents or certified copies from the government. I called NVC and spoke with an official who told me that I have to send the original copies that I have, that they will be handed back to my Wife at the embassy when she goes for the interview. My question is, are we sure of getting the documents back from the embassy, I mean is that how it works
I would greatly appreciate your advice.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by poshboots: 5:27am On Sep 06, 2014
Dear V.O,

I am currently in the U.S on OPT STEM. I graduated with a degree in engineering and I got a job working for an I.T Firm which my STEM application was granted for. I want to come to Nigeria for christmas and I will need to renew my F-1 visa. I have all the documents such as my Employment Letter, Pay Stubs, EAD card, I-20 to prove I am in status and I have no pending Permanent Residency application. I am just worried about facing issues at the embassy/Port of Entry because my current job is not in engineering and I might have to prove I have no intent of staying.

Do you think I can travel but I just have to prove myself or is it advisable not to leave the U.S at all ?

Thank you ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.