Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (680089 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by reeq(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hello VO..
Hope you day going well.
Hmmm.. Sorry I wasn't really clear on the visa n expiring date issue.. Is it okay for me to have Medicals done in Oct and Interview in Nov?
Thanks for you understanding..#blessed
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
reeq: Hello VO..
Hope you day going well.
Hmmm.. Sorry I wasn't really clear on the visa n expiring date issue.. Is it okay for me to have Medicals done in Oct and Interview in Nov?
Thanks for you understanding..#blessed

Sure, no problem! smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by reeq(m): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
Awesome! #Obuluu(Means Thanks in ma native dialet) smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sisitodun: 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hello the Radiant One,
I finally got a "case complete" at NVC on the 29th of August. I called today and I was told they are still waiting for feedback from the Consulate in Lagos to schedule an interview.
Is it possible to have an idea of how long it might take to get an appointment? It is an EB2 by the way, and I wish to know if an October date is possible. I understand appointment dates may not be moved/changed/expedited, I just wish to know if I could continue to prepare for the exam or I should just relax till 2015.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kaykad: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dear nairalanders,

please how do i edit my ds160 number on the appointment page i get

If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid.

when i try to edit i get this error

Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.

Please email us if you need to get in touch.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Guidette(f): 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
Sorry. Wrong thread.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Edi: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Thanks v.o for your response, you are doing a marvelous job here. Well done

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by axion(m): 12:03am On Sep 09, 2014
Hello VisaOfficer!

This thread is very helpful. It's a really good job you're doing here. Kudos!

Please I have an official inquiry. I am Nigerian and my fiancee is a U.S. Citizen born of Nigerian parents. She is currently in Nigeria but wants to return to the US, and would like to apply for a fiance immigration visa (K1) on my behalf. The plan is to get married in the US shortly after we arrive. Is she able to file this petition from Nigeria or she must first travel to the US to file the petition?

Secondly, I need some (relatively more unofficial) advice. She is currently undergoing a divorce with a non-US citizen. Is there any "safety period" of some sort that she must wait for before she can file this petition? (Of course I know that she must be legally be free to marry before she submits the petition, I am only wondering if there is any advisable waiting period). I have also been told that this divorce might make the immigration process difficult for both of us, but we're willing to do what it takes (within any legal constraints); because she wants to return to the US, and does not wish to go without me.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:12am On Sep 09, 2014
sisitodun: Hello the Radiant One,
I finally got a "case complete" at NVC on the 29th of August. I called today and I was told they are still waiting for feedback from the Consulate in Lagos to schedule an interview.
Is it possible to have an idea of how long it might take to get an appointment? It is an EB2 by the way, and I wish to know if an October date is possible. I understand appointment dates may not be moved/changed/expedited, I just wish to know if I could continue to prepare for the October NPTE or I should just relax till 2015.
Thank you.

Greetings!

NVC hasn't contacted us asking if we can take additional cases in October yet - but if they do, we'll definitely take them. If your case is complete and they don't schedule it in October, it sounds to me like it would be scheduled in November, rather than making you wait until 2015. That's my supposition, anyway. I tell you what: When I hear from NVC about October (either asking us to schedule more cases or telling us they don't have more cases for us) I'll let you know.

Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:14am On Sep 09, 2014
kaykad: Dear nairalanders,

please how do i edit my ds160 number on the appointment page i get

If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid.

when i try to edit i get this error

Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.

Please email us if you need to get in touch.

This sounds like a non-immigant visa question. https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Sep 09, 2014
axion: Hello VisaOfficer!

This thread is very helpful. It's a really good job you're doing here. Kudos!

Please I have an official inquiry. I am Nigerian and my fiancee is a U.S. Citizen born of Nigerian parents. She is currently in Nigeria but wants to return to the US, and would like to apply for a fiance immigration visa (K1) on my behalf. The plan is to get married in the US shortly after we arrive. Is she able to file this petition from Nigeria or she must first travel to the US to file the petition?

Secondly, I need some (relatively more unofficial) advice. She is currently undergoing a divorce with a non-US citizen. Is there any "safety period" of some sort that she must wait for before she can file this petition? (Of course I know that she must be legally be free to marry before she submits the petition, I am only wondering if there is any advisable waiting period). I have also been told that this divorce might make the immigration process difficult for both of us, but we're willing to do what it takes (within any legal constraints); because she wants to return to the US, and does not wish to go without me.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Good morning,

The petition has to be filed through a U.S.-based USCIS office, but your fiancee could mail it to USCIS from Nigeria, I guess.

There's no safety period we look for with divorces.... but I'll be frank with you about what recent divorces look like to us. Sometimes we see petitions from people who got divorced in, like, 2005, and now they want to get married again. In that case, there's not much suspicion that they're really still with their ex-spouse. On the other end of the spectrum is the person who has been married four times, each time to someone he filed a petition for, and each divorce came a week after the beneficiary adjusted status, and a week later a new petition was filed for someone else. (Yes, that's a real example.) So on one hand we've been sensitized to think "Hey! A recent divorce, right before this petition was filed!" But on the other hand, it makes total sense that sometimes people get divorced because a new relationship started - so naturally the petition would be filed soon after the divorce. As long as your fiancee isn't a serial petitioner smiley, a recent divorce shouldn't be a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sisitodun: 10:03am On Sep 09, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Greetings!

NVC hasn't contacted us asking if we can take additional cases in October yet - but if they do, we'll definitely take them. If your case is complete and they don't schedule it in October, it sounds to me like it would be scheduled in November, rather than making you wait until 2015. That's my supposition, anyway. I tell you what: When I hear from NVC about October (either asking us to schedule more cases or telling us they don't have more cases for us) I'll let you know.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks V.O, fingers crossed cool
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by emeka1412: 11:54am On Sep 09, 2014
Hello Visa Officer,
I have a fiancee, she's from the US, we met online and we have been in a relationship for 2 years, we have seen each other 3 times in dubai, now she's planning on coming to Nigeria, and I plan on going to the registry for marriage. My question is she's older than me with 10 years and I want to know what procedures after we get married here in nigeria, what the waiting time can be and what might pop up red flag. We conversate everyday and talk on skype frequently.
Thanks
Emeka
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
emeka1412: Hello Visa Officer,
I have a fiancee, she's from the US, we met online and we have been in a relationship for 2 years, we have seen each other 3 times in dubai, now she's planning on coming to Nigeria, and I plan on going to the registry for marriage. My question is she's older than me with 10 years and I want to know what procedures after we get married here in nigeria, what the waiting time can be and what might pop up red flag. We conversate everyday and talk on skype frequently.
Thanks
Emeka

Hi Emeka,

After you marry, your wife can file an I-130 petition on your behalf. Within a year (possibly just a few months later, depending on the workload at the National Visa Center), you'll be scheduled for an interview here in Lagos.

I really can't give you pointers on avoiding red flags, because some people reading these forums are looking for ways to make their sham relationships appear bona fide, and I'm not here to help them. smiley All I can tell you is that if your relationship is genuine, and you're able to talk about it convincingly, you shoud be fine.

Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by axion(m): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

The petition has to be filed through a U.S.-based USCIS office, but your fiancee could mail it to USCIS from Nigeria, I guess.

There's no safety period we look for with divorces.... but I'll be frank with you about what recent divorces look like to us. Sometimes we see petitions from people who got divorced in, like, 2005, and now they want to get married again. In that case, there's not much suspicion that they're really still with their ex-spouse. On the other end of the spectrum is the person who has been married four times, each time to someone he filed a petition for, and each divorce came a week after the beneficiary adjusted status, and a week later a new petition was filed for someone else. (Yes, that's a real example.) So on one hand we've been sensitized to think "Hey! A recent divorce, right before this petition was filed!" But on the other hand, it makes total sense that sometimes people get divorced because a new relationship started - so naturally the petition would be filed soon after the divorce. As long as your fiancee isn't a serial petitioner smiley, a recent divorce shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again!

Please let me clarify some details, in case there's some other context involved.

No, she's not a serial petitioner. She's been married just once and they've been separated for almost 3 years. She is just getting into the divorce proceedings now (her mistake, I guess she should have started the process since back then, but is just doing it now so we can work on getting married).

Also, her ex's status has not yet been adjusted - apparently it was the spouse immigrant visa process that was followed, and that takes a long time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
axion:

Thanks again!

Please let me clarify some details, in case there's some other context involved.

No, she's not a serial petitioner. She's been married just once and they've been separated for almost 3 years. She is just getting into the divorce proceedings now (her mistake, I guess she should have started the process since back then, but is just doing it now so we can work on getting married).

Also, her ex's status has not yet been adjusted - apparently it was the spouse immigrant visa process that was followed, and that takes a long time.

Sounds pretty normal. From what you write here, I don't see any red flags.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Gao22: 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dear VO,

My inquiry do not belong in the any of the IV or NIV categories, Just that I hoped i could get a lead on where I could be directed to:

A close relative had a baby in the US while studying there and married here in Nigeria, both couples are Nigerian. She returned sometime and embroiled in a marital issues which led to the husband confiscating the Child's US Passport. The Mom intends to travel and doesn't know how to get the spouse to release the passport to her to enable her travel with the Child since proceedings from a local Social welfare unit adjudicated the Child reside with the Mother until she is 7. The said Child is currently 3.

Does the Confiscation of the passport apply to the US law of keeping a US Citizen against their own will?
What necessary Steps can be undertaken by the mother to retrieve the said passport.

Thank You.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Gao22: Dear VO,

My inquiry do not belong in the any of the IV or NIV categories, Just that I hoped i could get a lead on where I could be directed to:

A close relative had a baby in the US while studying there and married here in Nigeria, both couples are Nigerian. She returned sometime and embroiled in a marital issues which led to the husband confiscating the Child's US Passport. The Mom intends to travel and doesn't know how to get the spouse to release the passport to her to enable her travel with the Child since proceedings from a local Social welfare unit adjudicated the Child reside with the Mother until she is 7. The said Child is currently 3.

Does the Confiscation of the passport apply to the US law of keeping a US Citizen against their own will?
What necessary Steps can be undertaken by the mother to retrieve the said passport.

Thank You.

The mother should speak with our American Citizens Services officer to explore her options. Please ask her to contact us at LagosACS@state.gov.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Gao22: 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
VisaOfficer:

The mother should speak with our American Citizens Services officer to explore her options. Please ask her to contact us at LagosACS@state.gov.

Thank you for your prompt response.

She would be in touch.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by busynett: 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
Good day madam,

My wife younger brother became US citizen early this year and he plans filing for his siblings and parents. From what I have read so far, its going to be faster for parents than siblings and I guess I read one of your comments where you mentioned twelve(12) years. So we have asked him to put in petition for parents and hold on for us to get more information.

We have made family visit before to US while I was the principal applicant of family of five(5) and we still have plans of visiting, my question is while the petition is on for my wife, can she still travel with us as a family on visit with her valid B1/B2?

Also if I remained the principal applicant during the petition period, can her B1/B2 be renewed or she can't renew or can't enter US for visit when her petition is pending.

Which other faster way should she adopt rather than waiting for over 12 years.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by muyiwaojo1(m): 5:45am On Sep 10, 2014
Good Morning Sir/Ma, this is my first time of posting anything on nairaland. I really appreciate what u guys are doing here. I have an american citizen spouse that came to nigeria to visit me in sept 2012,and went back to america and filed for me jan 2013. After waiting for so long, the petition was approved by USCIS within 10 months or there abouts, and I did all neccessary test such as medicals,police reports and so on. I went for the interview in lagos march 2014with all evidence (such as pictures,emails and so on) . Everything seems to be going on fine on the day of interview until the lady that was interviwing me said 'she's sorry that she will have to return the petition to the USCIS for re approval, that she's not sure the relationship is bonifide,and but the case is still opened for re approval. So, may28 this year, I was notified that the case has gotten to USCIS for it to be reviwed whether to re approve or dis approve the petition. This is september and I haven't heard anything from them. My spouse is so angry and almost getting tired of waiting for 2yrs now.I'm a guy,so I'm still coping a little coz I have faith,but she's over there in US and she's not happy we are apart. This is really heartbreaking. I don't know what to do to speed them up to approve the petition so as to go be with my spouse. Thanks.muyi!!!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2014
busynett: Good day madam,

My wife younger brother became US citizen early this year and he plans filing for his siblings and parents. From what I have read so far, its going to be faster for parents than siblings and I guess I read one of your comments where you mentioned twelve(12) years. So we have asked him to put in petition for parents and hold on for us to get more information.

We have made family visit before to US while I was the principal applicant of family of five(5) and we still have plans of visiting, my question is while the petition is on for my wife, can she still travel with us as a family on visit with her valid B1/B2?

Also if I remained the principal applicant during the petition period, can her B1/B2 be renewed or she can't renew or can't enter US for visit when her petition is pending.

Which other faster way should she adopt rather than waiting for over 12 years.

Thanks.

Good morning,

It probably would be quicker for one of your parents to immigrate and then, after naturalization, to file petitions for the rest of you. I say "after naturalization" because Legal Permanent Residents can't file for married children -- only for unmarried children.

You can still use valid B1/B2 visas while your immigrant petitions are pending. In fact, it's a very good idea to do so, because then when it's time to apply for new B1/B2s, you can show that you used your visas properly even though you have a pending immigrant petition. It's harder to qualify for a B1/B2 when you're an intending immigrant, and a good travel history can help a lot!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:02am On Sep 10, 2014
muyiwaojo1: Good Morning Sir/Ma, this is my first time of posting anything on nairaland. I really appreciate what u guys are doing here. I have an american citizen spouse that came to nigeria to visit me in sept 2012,and went back to america and filed for me jan 2013. After waiting for so long, the petition was approved by USCIS within 10 months or there abouts, and I did all neccessary test such as medicals,police reports and so on. I went for the interview in lagos march 2014with all evidence (such as pictures,emails and so on) . Everything seems to be going on fine on the day of interview until the lady that was interviwing me said 'she's sorry that she will have to return the petition to the USCIS for re approval, that she's not sure the relationship is bonifide,and but the case is still opened for re approval. So, may28 this year, I was notified that the case has gotten to USCIS for it to be reviwed whether to re approve or dis approve the petition. This is september and I haven't heard anything from them. My spouse is so angry and almost getting tired of waiting for 2yrs now.I'm a guy,so I'm still coping a little coz I have faith,but she's over there in US and she's not happy we are apart. This is really heartbreaking. I don't know what to do to speed them up to approve the petition so as to go be with my spouse. Thanks.muyi!!!

Welcome to Nairaland! It can take USCIS quite a while to review the cases that are returned -- they process an enormous volume of cases. But if yours arrived there on May 28, my guess is that they'll contact the petitioner in the near future. I would definitely recommend checking with them to be sure they have current contact information on file for both you and the petitioner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by busynett: 8:37am On Sep 10, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

It probably would be quicker for one of your parents to immigrate and then, after naturalization, to file petitions for the rest of you. I say "after naturalization" because Legal Permanent Residents can't file for married children -- only for unmarried children.

You can still use valid B1/B2 visas while your immigrant petitions are pending. In fact, it's a very good idea to do so, because then when it's time to apply for new B1/B2s, you can show that you used your visas properly even though you have a pending immigrant petition. It's harder to qualify for a B1/B2 when you're an intending immigrant, and a good travel history can help a lot!

Thanks for your valuable response. We would wait for the right time.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by gabriellefrance: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good morning. I just discovered Nairaland and thank you for your great jobs here.

This is my first post as I did not find any answer. So here we are:

I am a french national, my parents became US citizen and filled for me a visa FB - unmarried daughter over 21.
- case pending at the USCIS,
- priority date is october 2011
- current priority date will be around 2020 if going trhough to the NVC.

Ma question is: can i ask for a H-1 visa and work for my dad right now? As he needs me to deal with his businessin the USA?
if so, would i still be entitled to the FB1 visa when my priority date become current?
If so, what is the best time to apply for the H-1 visa?

I would like to precise that i would not overstay once my H-1 will expire because I want to make my visa petition properly.

but coming to the USA will gather all my family and my chances of earning more money.

thank you for reading and answering.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
gabriellefrance: Good morning. I just discovered Nairaland and thank you for your great jobs here.

This is my first post as I did not find any answer. So here we are:

I am a french national, my parents became US citizen and filled for me a visa FB - unmarried daughter over 21.
- case pending at the USCIS,
- priority date is october 2011
- current priority date will be around 2020 if going trhough to the NVC.

Ma question is: can i ask for a H-1 visa and work for my dad right now? As he needs me to deal with his businessin the USA?
if so, would i still be entitled to the FB1 visa when my priority date become current?
If so, what is the best time to apply for the H-1 visa?

I would like to precise that i would not overstay once my H-1 will expire because I want to make my visa petition properly.

but coming to the USA will gather all my family and my chances of earning more money.

thank you for reading and answering.

Bon jour!

F2B wait times are actually running around seven years right now -- so, 2018 is my guess.

I don't think your father can be your H1-B petitioner. But my non-immigrant visa colleagues would know more about that. Please ask at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening -- the non-immigrant visa thread.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by gabriellefrance: 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
Thank you for you quick answer. So 2018 for the F2B, what about the F1? because my parents are us citizen at the time the filled for me.

So sad, 2018 or 2020 is so far away! I am going to read the link you wrote.

Merci! Bon travail!

VisaOfficer:

Bon jour!

F2B wait times are actually running around seven years right now -- so, 2018 is my guess.

I don't think your father can be your H1-B petitioner. But my non-immigrant visa colleagues would know more about that. Please ask at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening -- the non-immigrant visa thread.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
gabriellefrance: Thank you for you quick answer. So 2018 for the F2B, what about the F1? because my parents are us citizen at the time the filled for me.

So sad, 2018 or 2020 is so far away! I am going to read the link you wrote.

Merci! Bon travail!

F1s are also running around seven years. Sorry I don't have better news. Courage, tiens bon!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Fortsucc(f): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hi,VO. I read it where you tell someone that legal permanent residents can only file for parents or unmarried siblings. I heard that legal permanent residents can not file for anyone until they become US citizen. I confused, Can you please tell me how many years do the permanent residents needs to stay in USA before they can file. I don't want to file for anyone yet, just want to know. Thanks for your reply VO.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
Fortsucc: Hi,VO. I read it where you tell someone that legal permanent residents can only file for parents or unmarried siblings. I heard that legal permanent residents can not file for anyone until they become US citizen. I confused, Can you please tell me how many years do the permanent residents needs to stay in USA before they can file. I don't want to file for anyone yet, just want to know. Thanks for your reply VO.

Legal Permanent Residents can only file for spouses or unmarried children. As soon as someone becomes a Legal Permanent Resident, she can file a petition -- there's no waiting period.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sonofGod11: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello visa officer.
I applied for a us visa last month and was placed on administrative processing. I was later denied.

Am a youth corp member but someone told me I wouldn't be granted the visa if I told the truth about my status, so I lied. So I guess the embassy found out.

Now I intend to reapply and tell the truth about me being a corp member cos I just found out from my CLO that we corpers can actually travel out provided they are informed. silly me

My problem now is how to redeem myself at the embassy. I know this has casted doubt on my credibility. Is there a way to get out of this quagmire or have I been banned? Pls advice on what to do. I was only naive and uninformed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
sonofGod11: Hello visa officer.
I applied for a us visa last month and was placed on administrative processing. I was later denied.

Am a youth corp member but someone told me I wouldn't be granted the visa if I told the truth about my status, so I lied. So I guess the embassy found out.

Now I intend to reapply and tell the truth about me being a corp member cos I just found out from my CLO that we corpers can actually travel out provided they are informed. silly me

My problem now is how to redeem myself at the embassy. I know this has casted doubt on my credibility. Is there a way to get out of this quagmire or have I been banned? Pls advice on what to do. I was only naive and uninformed.

In this case, the excuse that "I was only naive and uninformed" sounds an awful lot like "I am the sort of person who believes it's acceptable to be dishonest if dishonesty can help me reach my goals." If you were refused under 214(b), it's not a permanent ban; but this will be on your record forever. It won't be impossible to obtain a visa in the future, but you're right, you've seriously undermined your credibility with us.

At any rate, your question is actually a question for my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.