Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,162 members, 7,845,823 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (823545 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gorimapa: 9:25am On Aug 29, 2016
Hello NIV, was denied a visa on the 22nd of Aug, although i have an idea as to why i was denied, and I still wish to attend the conference slated for the last week of Sept, can i apply for an expedited interview ?
Thanks
Goris-Goris
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello Tinnyfrontier,

Please reach out to the call center +23414406218 or email them at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV

tinnyfrontier:
Please can anyone help, I tried submitting my online application some days ago, just about the confirmation page i got this Error,

Application Error
An unexpected error has occurred while processing your previous request. The error has been reported to the site administrator; no further action is required. To retrieve your DS-160 application, please enter your Application ID.

When i try retrieving it, it gives me 2 options 1 has to do with my application already been submitted that i can proceed to view the confirmation page and when i do that i get the same error all over again time to time i have tried. Please what can i do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello Adolfdenic,

Please email us directly at ConsularAbuja@state.gov to further assist you.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

adolfdenis:
Hi VO. Hope all is well. I'll appreciate your help on my case. I applied for a h2b visa and it was approved. I was told to go pick up my passport in 3 business days at the dhl point. However on reaching there 3 days later, i was told my passport hadn't been sent yet from the consulate. Thus, i went online to track it. It showed 'administrative processing ' till the next day(4th business day) when it changed to "ready-Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application" and the date updated to that day. The problem is now that it hasn't changed since that day and the date hasn't been updated either. Today is the 7th business day since my interview and i have no clue what is happening and my employers are expecting me in a week. Please I need some help here and I really appreciate. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello Lizzyay,

The only documents that are required are issued by a US government agency. Most likely, officers will not look at an other documents, so there is no need to bring them. Ties come in many forms. We are not going to coach applicants, as we have stated many times on this thread.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

lizzyay:
Abuja NIV

Hello VO pls may God help us, I have a friend who is not nairalanda but she want to visit US for December holiday with her husband and three kids the husband will be on leave while the lady is the one managing their farm in Nigeria also a family friend is inviting them for is ceremony My question is what are the document they have to bring the husband is still working what other ties are we talking about thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello Placeboeffect,

You must demonstrate that your sponsor is willing and able to pay, no matter where in the world he or she is.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Placeboeffect:
Hi Abuja NIV,
Nice job . God bless you.
Please, I have a question. My sister and I are applying for
spring 2017 admission and our sponsor is in the USA.
Please do you think this can cause any problems for us at
the embassy considering the fact that we want to use the
same sponsor. Please kindly help us out guys as it really
scares us especially my sister. God bless you and happy
Sunday
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello xvictore,

Tourist (B1B2) tourist visa is the appropriate class.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

xvictore:
Dear VO,
I am getting married to US citizen and I want my parents to be here for it. I am currently on an F1 Visa. I want to what what VISA category should my parents apply for and if they can get a group appointment. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello Gorimapa,

You are NOT eligible for an expedited interview since you have just been refused one. Applicants who have been refused within the past 6 months are not eligible.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

gorimapa:
Hello NIV, was denied a visa on the 22nd of Aug, although i have an idea as to why i was denied, and I still wish to attend the conference slated for the last week of Sept, can i apply for an expedited interview ?
Thanks
Goris-Goris
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by xvictore: 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
I would love to also know the documents required for a B1/B2 tourist visa interview. In my case it's a to attend a wedding. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adolfdenis(m): 8:35am On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=abujaniv post=48898897]Hello Adolfdenic,

Please email us directly at ConsularAbuja@state.gov to further assist you.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Hi again,

I applied at the consulate in lagos so I'm i still to send an email to consularABUJA@state.gov??
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hello Xvictore,

For B1B2 visas, no documents are required.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

xvictore:
I would love to also know the documents required for a B1/B2 tourist visa interview. In my case it's a to attend a wedding. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hello Adolfdenis,

Their email address is LagosNIV@state.gov.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

[quote author=adolfdenis post=48917764][/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amanonymous(m): 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hi you've been doing a really great job by helping a lot of people out thumbs up. Please I have been following your replies from time to time. I have a few question I want to ask. Am about booking an appointment with the consulate here in Lagos. I have been invited by my uncle to the states for the first time .my questions goes thus*Firstly* my uncle is sponsoring the trip,is it compulsory for me to have my uncles bank statement, data page of passport, and photocopy of green card details in my documentation? and *Secondly* have just been employed and my job starts on second week of January 2017 I have my employment letter prior to that date, am also engaged I have pictures to prove that and I have siblings and old parent with pictures could this be a form of strong ties to Nigeria because I heard if you aren't married your chances of getting a b1/b2 visa are slim.* Lastly* do I need a form 1-134(affidavit of support) from my uncle, is it compulsory? Please I would love you to touch my 3 different questions because this is my first time "like they say, there's no harm in asking and been informed before hand " thank you. Anticipating for your reply N.b: All my (3) questions are important thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hello amanonymous,

1. When it comes to documents, they are not required and most likely aren't needed. Officers sometimes ask for documents, but again, they are not a requirement.
2. Doesn't seem like there is a question in there, but to address a common myth, unmarried folks are issued visas all the time. Again, the officers are most likely not going to ask for the documents that you mentioned.
3. Not necessary to complete the form.

Many of our readers seems to be confused on this process. The important part of the interview is the conversation, so don't focus on documents but rather answer the questions honestly. We have limited time and reading documents takes much longer than you just telling us. While we know that obtaining visas from other countries requires a lot of documentation, we have different requirements.

We hope that this clears the air a bit.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

amanonymous:
Hi you've been doing a really great job by helping a lot of people out thumbs up. Please I have been following your replies from time to time. I have a few question I want to ask. Am about booking an appointment with the consulate here in Lagos. I have been invited by my uncle to the states for the first time .my questions goes thus*Firstly* my uncle is sponsoring the trip,is it compulsory for me to have my uncles bank statement, data page of passport, and photocopy of green card details in my documentation? and *Secondly* have just been employed and my job starts on second week of January 2017 I have my employment letter prior to that date, am also engaged I have pictures to prove that and I have siblings and old parent with pictures could this be a form of strong ties to Nigeria because I heard if you aren't married your chances of getting a b1/b2 visa are slim.* Lastly* do I need a form 1-134(affidavit of support) from my uncle, is it compulsory? Please I would love you to touch my 3 different questions because this is my first time "like they say, there's no harm in asking and been informed before hand " thank you. Anticipating for your reply N.b: All my (3) questions are important thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
To our potential applicants, we wanted to direct you to our Embassy blog for an entry about the NIV process from the officer's perspective. Enjoy!

http://usembassynigeria..com/2016/03/non-immigrant-visas-consular-officers.html
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amanonymous(m): 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thanks so much for the information
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amanonymous(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
Abuja niv good evening.please I have a disturbing question. Am about filling the ds-160 form. In the employment segment, should I choose employed or unemployed? the reason why I ask is because I just got a job and am resuming second week of January next year(I have the employment details). I don't want to cause any sort of confusion for the consular at the embassy. I need your advise on this thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bigcil2(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2016
Hello , Morning... Thumbs up, you guys are doing a wonderful job.

My question is thus, if one has a tourist visa to visit the state's and later decides that s/he wants to stay there , to start up a business.
what are the requirements?
Can the person apply From there or has to come back to Nigeria
How long must the person stay in the state's.
What are the requirements

Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Eurithymix: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
Hello NIV.
Great job on taking out time to answer the questions concerning the Non-Immigrant Visas. I have a question, my wife and I were granted B1/B2 visas in 2014 in which her passport then was in her maiden name. The visas have now expired and we plan to embark on another trip to the U.S. and now her passport has been renewed in her married name. I tried accessing the website to see if we could update her information but saw that the area which had her old passport could not be edited or updated. Please can you assist on what we can do:
1. How can we apply for a visa renewal using her new passport details, since her previous details were in her maiden name.
2. Are we both eligible to apply through drop-box program.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oblo(m): 7:57am On Sep 05, 2016
abujaniv:

1) Apply for a B1/B2 visa
2) Your mother cannot accompany you to the interview if you are over 17
3) No special requirements, just need to qualify

Good morning and thank you for the heads information. One more question please-

Pardon me but I was told that since my brother who is in the USA , has filed papers for me before now I would not be granted a visa to accompany my Mother to and fro. Please is this correct so I do not have to start the process for a visa if this information is correct.

Thanks for the assistance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2016
Hello Amanonymous,

You should answer truthfully, so if you are currently unemployed, you should state that. Again, be prepared to explain to an officer your personal situation.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

amanonymous:
Abuja niv good evening.please I have a disturbing question. Am about filling the ds-160 form. In the employment segment, should I choose employed or unemployed? the reason why I ask is because I just got a job and am resuming second week of January next year(I have the employment details). I don't want to cause any sort of confusion for the consular at the embassy. I need your advise on this thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello Bigcil2,

What are you talking about is illegal. You CANNOT go to the U.S. as a tourist and then set up a business. There are routes to move to the U.S. to engage in work, but not on a B1B2 (tourist) visa.

There are many visa categories and options, so visit our website to learn more.

https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/visas.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

bigcil2:
Hello , Morning... Thumbs up, you guys are doing a wonderful job.

My question is thus, if one has a tourist visa to visit the state's and later decides that s/he wants to stay there , to start up a business.
what are the requirements?
Can the person apply From there or has to come back to Nigeria
How long must the person stay in the state's.
What are the requirements

Thanks for your prompt response.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello Eurithymix,

Below are the requirements for the dropbox program. It sounds like you meet the requirements. For your other question, that sounds like a question for the call center +23414406218 or email them at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;
The visa expired no more than four years prior to reissuance;
The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Eurithymix:
Hello NIV.
Great job on taking out time to answer the questions concerning the Non-Immigrant Visas. I have a question, my wife and I were granted B1/B2 visas in 2014 in which her passport then was in her maiden name. The visas have now expired and we plan to embark on another trip to the U.S. and now her passport has been renewed in her married name. I tried accessing the website to see if we could update her information but saw that the area which had her old passport could not be edited or updated. Please can you assist on what we can do:
1. How can we apply for a visa renewal using her new passport details, since her previous details were in her maiden name.
2. Are we both eligible to apply through drop-box program.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fideco: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello,

Thanks for all your useful information.

I need help on this issue urgently:

I have booked for an Appointment which will be on Friday 9th of September 2016. There has been a development at my Office and I will not be able to make it for the Interview.

I have logged in to my appointment account to see if I can Reschedule the appointment to a later date. But I can only see Cancel Appointment. I have not rescheduled before. I also call the customer service but they said there is local Holiday so no Agent online.

Please what do I do in order to Reschedule my Appointment.

Thanks,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cydophobia(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello Visa Officer.

Please i just want to confirm if i can go for interview without going with a copy of bank statement of account,payslip and Introduction letter from my office.

Thanks in anticipation for your response.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bigcil2(m): 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Bigcil2,

What are you talking about is illegal. You CANNOT go to the U.S. as a tourist and then set up a business. There are routes to move to the U.S. to engage in work, but not on a B1B2 (tourist) visa.

There are many visa categories and options, so visit our website to learn more.

https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/visas.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Na wa oo.. Thank God for this Thread.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Kingaerovida(m): 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
V.O

Thank you very much for giving us much needed Answers to our Questions.

I still have my issue, Still waiting for embassy to call me for my passport Hopefully. Is over a month now when i was told by the Lady who interviewed me to submit Additional documents(current bill of laden for this year) Which I urgently did the next day. but at the point of interview she collected other Original bill of laden from me dated back from 2011 till 2015 Cars shipped in to Nigeria from the US, before she told to submit Additional Bill of laden for the cars shipped in to Nigeria this year (2016). Thru the Address on the white sheet of paper she gave me(DHL)

Little bit worried for my documents, hopefully they won't misplacement them.Is over a month now and i heard nothing from them, even do I email them for info concerning my documents which is very much important to me, they hardly say much and is really frustrating. they are not calling me for my passport yet for visa they should call me for my documents which is very important to me i don't want them to misplace it. .I went for Renewing i wonder why I am being treated this way.

Please what should i do to get info from them concerning my documents?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2016
No documents are required at the interview.
Abuja NIV

cydophobia:
Hello Visa Officer.

Please i just want to confirm if i can go for interview without going with a copy of bank statement of account,payslip and Introduction letter from my office.

Thanks in anticipation for your response.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2016
Unfortunately there is no set timeline for how long administrative processing will take. If you need to retrieve your original documents, try e-mailing ConsularAbuja@state.gov and make that request. For our other readers, if documents are requested in support of your visa application, copies of the originals suffice in most cases.
Best regards,
Abuja NIV

Kingaerovida:
V.O

Thank you very much for giving us much needed Answers to our Questions.

I still have my issue, Still waiting for embassy to call me for my passport Hopefully. Is over a month now when i was told by the Lady who interviewed me to submit Additional documents(current bill of laden for this year) Which I urgently did the next day. but at the point of interview she collected other Original bill of laden from me dated back from 2011 till 2015 Cars shipped in to Nigeria from the US, before she told to submit Additional Bill of laden for the cars shipped in to Nigeria this year (2016). Thru the Address on the white sheet of paper she gave me(DHL)

Little bit worried for my documents, hopefully they won't misplacement them.Is over a month now and i heard nothing from them, even do I email them for info concerning my documents which is very much important to me, they hardly say much and is really frustrating. they are not calling me for my passport yet for visa they should call me for my documents which is very important to me i don't want them to misplace it. .I went for Renewing i wonder why I am being treated this way.

Please what should i do to get info from them concerning my documents?

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amanonymous(m): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
Abujaniv welldone by giving us all the information that matters.pls in regards to cydophobia's post i want you to shed more light on that. I think there's is a misunderstanding! Most of us believe that the major reasons why people are denied NIV " is because we don't have enough document supporting our "strong ties". The major reasons why most people are denied is because of the 241b "not having strong ties to the country " but am surprised because you've been saying documents aren't needed, then how are we going to prove that we have strong ties e.g married, job, properties over here . In a nut shell are you saying this document aren't needed. I just wonder how the consular would get to know if am saying the truth or not. This as become a fobia" in the minds of most applicants .in the case of having a sponsor, is the bank statement of the sponsor and copy of data page or green card needed to prove that he is sponsoring the trip? Thanks for giving us a clear mind on this *anticipating for your reply*

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by solamin: 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
Good evening VO

if someone applied for visa through dvlottery and the consular issued this to the beneficiary which is the wife to deny their visa"section 212(a ) (6 ) c1 ". What does that mean? Does it mean that the person can never get entry into US again for ever? Pls explain what is meant by that section ! Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.