Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820526 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hello Awesu122. Don't focus on the color of the paper--we switch that around sometimes. Focus on what's printed on it. Follow the instructions. If you still need help, write in to ConsularAbuja@state.gov or LagosNiv@state.gov

Awesu122:
Good evening from here
Went for student interview last week Thursday in Lagos , and a white paper was issued to me , went to pick my passport this evening , to my greatest surprise , a blue paper cane along with my passport with VISA not issued , the VO last week collected my GRE score where I had 323 with my passport and issued GSS form to me without ticking any colum or requesting me to bring additional documents , but so funny when I went to pick my passport today and blue paper was issued , please what's next thing to do as am really confused right now, making plans for resumption already , and please would like to know , is there any other white paper than the approval paper ? This looks like there is a mixed up somewhere , my name wasn't even written on GSS paper there was no case number written on it as well , all VO told me in Lagos was I would need the form to pick up my VISA, and he held on to my GRE score of 323 , my questions is , is it a crime to choose CALUMS? Because I could remember him saying calums has a low rating , am willing to attached the GSS form and my DS Form for clarification purpose , because I believe there is a mixed up somewhere
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
Visas exist on computer systems and are represented by a sticker in on a passport page. If information comes to light that indicates a person is no longer eligible for the visa, it can be canceled electronically at any time. When this happens, attempts are made to inform the visa holder and give them the chance to come to the Embassy/Consulate to address the issue.

QUEENBIZ:

How were u able to resolve this issue ma'am. In the same shoe at the moment. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Awesu122: 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Awesu122. Don't focus on the color of the paper--we switch that around sometimes. Focus on what's printed on it. Follow the instructions. If you still need help, write in to ConsularAbuja@state.gov or LagosNiv@state.gov

Thanks for the response , yes please get my point a GSS form was given with different contents on the white paper I:e additional documents required , but I was. It asked to provide any further document out of the listed documents on GSS form , had it been I was asked to provide further documents for further verification purpose I would have done that, my name wasn't even written on the form my case number wasn't written on the form as well , he gave after he took my GRE score and told me categorically to pick up my visa with the form , a mail wasn't sent to me to produce further documents either, and to my surprise my passport came with blue paper again , thats where am confused
And don't really know what to do , should I provide them with my GRE log in or what?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Awesu122: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
Awesu122:

Thanks for the response , yes please get my point a GSS form was given with different contents on the white paper I:e additional documents required , but I wasnt. It asked to provide any further document out of the listed documents on GSS form , had it been I was asked to provide further documents for further verification purpose I would have done that, my name wasn't even written on the form my case number wasn't written on the form as well , he gave after he took my GRE score and told me categorically to pick up my visa with the form , a mail wasn't sent to me to produce further documents either, and to my surprise my passport came with blue paper again , thats where am confused
And don't really know what to do , should I provide them with my GRE log in or what?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:36pm On Feb 01, 2017
Invest in punctuation. We're not going to go into details on individual cases on this forum.

Awesu122:

Thanks for the response , yes please get my point a GSS form was given with different contents on the white paper I:e additional documents required , but I was. It asked to provide any further document out of the listed documents on GSS form , had it been I was asked to provide further documents for further verification purpose I would have done that, my name wasn't even written on the form my case number wasn't written on the form as well , he gave after he took my GRE score and told me categorically to pick up my visa with the form , a mail wasn't sent to me to produce further documents either, and to my surprise my passport came with blue paper again , thats where am confused

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by goodman4215: 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by osemwengie1: 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2017
abujaniv:
Hi osemwengie1. Unless otherwise indicated, passports are returned by DHL to your appointed pick-up location.

. Thanks, got an email to go and pick it up at the location I indicated on Tuesday and I was able to collect it today.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DeZoro(m): 9:27am On Feb 03, 2017
Dear VO,

Thank you guys for taking out time to answer all these questions. However, I have an issue I ll want you to help me out. My wife and I applied for B1/B2 visa last week and was granted. We planned to travel first week of March but I have just gotten a call to execute a contract which will take me another month to finish. My wife alone will be traveling cos of the kids holiday time. The issue is that she is pregnant and we didn't go with medical to the interview and likely to give birth there. Pls what do I do as I don't want her to lie at the POE. Pls I am confused.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hello DeZoro. As we've said on this forum many times before, it is legal to go to the US for childbirth, provided you are open and truthful about your intent and have the financial ability to pay your medical bills in full. The consequences for not being open and truthful can be very serious.

DeZoro:
Dear VO,

Thank you guys for taking out time to answer all these questions. However, I have an issue I ll want you to help me out. My wife and I applied for B1/B2 visa last week and was granted. We planned to travel first week of March but I have just gotten a call to execute a contract which will take me another month to finish. My wife alone will be traveling cos of the kids holiday time. The issue is that she is pregnant and we didn't go with medical to the interview and likely to give birth there. Pls what do I do as I don't want her to lie at the POE. Pls I am confused.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by goodman4215: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by urstruly1: 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hi...

I have a visa application currently under adminstrative processing (AP), for just over a month now..

the VO said to email and inquire about status if there's no word after 3 to 4 weeks.....
(So far I've seen 2 different status update changes... But still havent been contacted yet....)

Will sending an email make any difference??

Cos my thoughts are that if the AP is complete, I'll get a call, an email or something, without me having to prompt them....

In my past experiences with AP (this is my 3rd), whenever I would email to inquire about the status after a month or more, I would get a 'not-so-pleasant' response back. I'm trying to avoid that this time around.

What's the best way to go about this??

Thanks....
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hi urstruly1. Unfortunately, there's no set timeline for how long administrative processing may take. You are welcome to write in from time to time to ask for an update. I apologize if the responses you have received in the past were not appropriately courteous.
Best regards,
AbujaNIV

urstruly1:
Hi...

I have a visa application currently under adminstrative processing (AP), for just over a month now..

the VO said to email and inquire about status if there's no word after 3 to 4 weeks.....
(So far I've seen 2 different status update changes... But still havent been contacted yet....)

Will sending an email make any difference??

Cos my thoughts are that if the AP is complete, I'll get a call, an email or something, without me having to prompt them....

In my past experiences with AP (this is my 3rd), whenever I would email to inquire about the status after a month or more, I would get a 'not-so-pleasant' response back. I'm trying to avoid that this time around.

What's the best way to go about this??

Thanks....

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by P406: 11:09am On Feb 06, 2017
Hi... Abuja NIV,
A friend of mine who is a nurse wants to travel to the US to write the NCLEX examination for nurses but is anxious about whether the visa would be approved due to the recent happening s in America concerning visa and travel.
she has her approval from the intended state board of nursing and have registered and paid for the exam with pearsonvue. what are her chances of getting a visa, any advice for her towards a successful interview would be appreciated please.
Her friends in America are telling her that she would not be issued a visa as the tension is so high. Pls advise.
Thank you and more power
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hello P406. This is not a gambling parlor--we don't speak of "chances" for visa qualification. The standards for qualification have not changed.

P406:
Hi... Abuja NIV,
A friend of mine who is a nurse wants to travel to the US to write the NCLEX examination for nurses but is anxious about whether the visa would be approved due to the recent happening s in America concerning visa and travel.
she has her approval from the intended state board of nursing and have registered and paid for the exam with pearsonvue. what are her chances of getting a visa, any advice for her towards a successful interview would be appreciated please.
Her friends in America are telling her that she would not be issued a visa as the tension is so high. Pls advise.
Thank you and more power

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TenPassfour(m): 1:29pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV,
My younger brother graduation coming up in May and I will like to attend the ceremony as a family member, please I want to know what kind of document is require from us,the institution has send us letter through the office of international student affair, do we still need more document from him. Your kind reply will be highly welcome. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by P406: 1:38pm On Feb 06, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello P406. This is not a gambling parlor--we don't speak of "chances" for visa qualification. The standards for qualification have not changed.

Thank you so much for your prompt response.
my thoughts exactly.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by houseofb1: 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2017
pls i was suppose to go for my interview tomorrow but due to some issue i wont be able to make it. and i cant reschedule pls what can i do
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by houseofb1: 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2017
houseofb1:
pls i was suppose to go for my interview tomorrow but due to some issue i wont be able to make it. and i cant reschedule pls what can i do

pls someone reply need answer asasp
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hello TenPassfour. Documents are not required, and even if presented, will likely not be examined.

TenPassfour:
Hello AbujaNIV,
My younger brother graduation coming up in May and I will like to attend the ceremony as a family member, please I want to know what kind of document is require from us,the institution has send us letter through the office of international student affair, do we still need more document from him. Your kind reply will be highly welcome. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:19pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hello houseofb1. One is typically able to reschedule their appointment one time. Any more changes after that, you must pay the fee again. Contact customer service.

houseofb1:
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 07, 2017
Dear VO,

I got student loan from a US bank to cover 70% of my cost of attendance at Duke University Fuqua School of Business. Someone told me that student loans is a red flag at the embassy and my visa chances are slim with it. Please I will like you to clarify this information for me. My plan is to use the network of the school to gain job as a management consultant in Nigeria after study. Thanks as I expect your reply.

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eddieifeoluwa: 12:08pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello VO,

Please i need urgent help me concerning my application,i completed and submitted my application yesterday without uploading a picture with a thought of going along with 2 photos as requested but unfortunately after getting the appointment confirmation in my inbox,it's stated that applicant without photo on their application will not be allow to do the interview,i am a lil bit worried now..Please what can i do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ilohoffor: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello VO,
Renewed my B1/B2 visa by Dropbox while I was pregnant, so no interview was done or online question asked if I was going to have my baby in the us. I'm due soon, and will like to have my baby in the us. I was wondering if there are any steps I need to take to ensure I don't have any issues with my next visa application. A family friend suggested writing a letter to the embassy.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello Ilohoffor. Repeated from a couple pages ago:
The idea that you can e-mail the Embassy/Consulate with a "change of intent" letter and have no issues at the border is a myth. The letters are not required, read or catalogued with an applicant's file. What matters is the information you provide in your application and what you say in person at the Embassy/Consulate or to CBP at the border. The application is considered a sworn document: you are swearing that all the information in it is true. If the duration, purpose and destination of travel indicated in the application deviate from reality, it draws greater scrutiny.

Ilohoffor:
Hello VO,
Renewed my B1/B2 visa by Dropbox while I was pregnant, so no interview was done or online question asked if I was going to have my baby in the us. I'm due soon, and will like to have my baby in the us. I was wondering if there are any steps I need to take to ensure I don't have any issues with my next visa application. A family friend suggested writing a letter to the embassy.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello Deltachick01. If a passport is too badly damaged, we can not put a visa in it. It is possible to update the passport information during intake at the Embassy/Consulate.
While on the topic, here's something else people should know: We cannot put a US visa in a passport with incorrect information in it. This might be an erroneous birthdate or counterfeit stamps/visas. It is extremely unwise to submit a passport to us with information you know to be false.

Deltachick01:
Hi VO,

I did a dropbox renewal last month, and in my DS-160 filled in that I was traveling with my husband. I put in his passport details and everything, however, I realized that his photo/data page has a little damage that blurs one of his ears a bit. I was wondering if it will be better to use the passport like that, since those were the details I filled in, or have a new passport made. It's his first US visa interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:25pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello eddieifeoluwa. That question is best directed to customer service.

eddieifeoluwa:
Hello VO,

Please i need urgent help me concerning my application,i completed and submitted my application yesterday without uploading a picture with a thought of going along with 2 photos as requested but unfortunately after getting the appointment confirmation in my inbox,it's stated that applicant without photo on their application will not be allow to do the interview,i am a lil bit worried now..Please what can i do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello Chidinho10. I have not heard of student loans being extended by US banks to international students. That's not to say it's impossible. But for someone embarking on scholarship in business, I'm sure you can see the hole in this strategy: The bank cannot compel repayment from the debtor.

Chidinho10:
Dear VO,

I got student loan from a US bank to cover 70% of my cost of attendance at Duke University Fuqua School of Business. Someone told me that student loans is a red flag at the embassy and my visa chances are slim with it. Please I will like you to clarify this information for me. My plan is to use the network of the school to gain job as a management consultant in Nigeria after study. Thanks as I expect your reply.

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Chidinho10. I have not heard of student loans being extended by US banks to international students. That's not to say it's impossible. But for someone embarking on scholarship in business, I'm sure you can see the hole in this strategy: The bank cannot compel repayment from the debtor.

Thanks for your prompt reply
I'm going for an MS Degree in Management at the business school. The repayment duration for the loan is 10 years through monthly stipends.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mariam99ng: 8:02am On Feb 08, 2017
Good day Sir and thanks for the wonderful job you are doing here. I was stopped from boarding flight to the State as scheduled with my current and valid B1/B2 visa that I have used twice and ask to visit the embassy for more information. My question is:
1.Can I walk in to the embassy without appointment to go and find out why I wasn't allowed to fly with my visa?
2.My visa was issued in Abuja and I am currently in Lagos, can I visit lagos embassy for the clarification?
Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.