Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819197 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello mamaTB. It's possible.

Pls What's the reason for this? What am I to expect when I get to the consulate?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ABIDECBALO(m): 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2017
Hello VO, i want to know if there is any technical issue with the CEAC portal have been trying schedule appointment since yesterday and the error message that i am getting is can not be created at this time. Or do we have another way to which appointment can be made except from the phone one. below is the error message experienced since yesterday
ERROR
Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ladi990: 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2017
hello nairalanders i recently got an offer to study at Uni of South Florida. MA in Sus Energy but i already av a masters degree in nigeria but didnt include it my cv while applying to uni in south florida cos of info i av gotten in the past. is it advisable indicate i already av a masters degree while applying fr visa ?? and also when is the best time to statrt visa application process, the prog starts august 18th 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
good evening VO. my sister lost her husband(a us citizen) 4 months ago they were both residing here in lagos because he couldn't work over there anymore after he got disabled, they have four kids age 10,8 (twins) and 6months old baby, the first 3 got their us citizenship here through neutralisation but the baby doesn't. NOW MY QUESTION IS what visa category can the baby and the mother (she has never travel out of Nigeria before) apply for since the other three are citizens NOTE: she's not working, when her husband was alive they where living on SSA benefits(the husband and three kids) and will the US government stop paying since the husband is no more .. pls help a brother because she does know anything about the process at all
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:34am On Feb 12, 2017
Hello Kenamen20. I sympathize with your loss. Every applicant is weighed upon their own merits. From the situation you describe, it appears the individuals described have strong US ties and questionable means to support a short holiday from which they will quickly return.

Kenamen20:
good evening VO.
my sister lost her husband(a us citizen)
4 months ago they were both residing
here in lagos because he couldn't work
over there anymore after he got
disabled, they have four kids age 10,8
(twins) and 6months old baby, the first
3 got their us citizenship here through
neutralisation but the baby doesn't.
NOW MY QUESTION IS what visa
category can the baby and the mother
(she has never travel out of Nigeria
before) apply for since the other three
are citizens
NOTE: she's not working, when her
husband was alive they where living on
SSA benefits(the husband and three
kids) and will the US government stop
paying since the husband is no more ..
pls help a brother because she does
know anything about the process at all
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:41am On Feb 12, 2017
Hello ladi990. The qualifications are: are you a bonafide student, and can you afford your education costs? The fact that you're considering anything but the truth for your application does not back your case as a bonafide student.

ladi990:
hello nairalanders i recently got an offer to study at Uni of South Florida. MA in Sus Energy but i already av a masters degree in nigeria but didnt include it my cv while applying to uni in south florida cos of info i av gotten in the past. is it advisable indicate i already av a masters degree while applying fr visa ?? and also when is the best time to statrt visa application process, the prog starts august 18th 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:45am On Feb 12, 2017
Hello ABIDECBALO. Contact customer support. It's impossible to say what your specific problem is, but the fact is that thousands of people are able to submit applications with this system without any problems.

ABIDECBALO:
Hello VO, i want to know if there is any technical issue with the CEAC portal have been trying schedule appointment since yesterday and the error message that i am getting is can not be created at this time. Or do we have another way to which appointment can be made except from the phone one. below is the error message experienced since yesterday
ERROR
Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:54am On Feb 12, 2017
Hello mamaTB. We don't go into specifics of visa applications on this forum. At any interview, one will need to demonstrate credibility, ties and financial means for their intended travel plan.

mamaTB:

Pls What's the reason for this? What am I to expect when I get to the consulate?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 12, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Kenamen20. I sympathize with your loss. Every applicant is weighed upon their own merits. From the situation you describe, it appears the individuals described have strong US ties and questionable means to support a short holiday from which they will quickly return.

good morning VO, thanks for the reply.
now her concern is she want the three kids who are citizens to continue their studies in US, is there any visa category she and the 6months old baby (who wasnt able to get his citizenship before his father died) can apply for to stay with the three kids as their mother while they (who are already citizens) school over there.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lordchosen: 8:36am On Feb 12, 2017
Hello VO, I live and Reside in Qatar but am Planning to Apply for US visit Visa April 2017 In Nigeria. I will be visiting a friend in USA during the EId Holiday. The Reason I want to apply from Nigeria is because I have my Savings Account with over 15M, But my Account here in Qatar is just my Salary Account which I don't keep money inside. Will I be asked to go and apply in Qatar by the VO?

Expecting to hear from you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:33am On Feb 12, 2017
Hello lordchosen. You may certainly apply from Nigeria.

lordchosen:
Hello VO, I live and Reside in Qatar but am Planning to Apply for US visit Visa April 2017 In Nigeria. I will be visiting a friend in USA during the EId Holiday. The Reason I want to apply from Nigeria is because I have my Savings Account with over 15M, But my Account here in Qatar is just my Salary Account which I don't keep money inside. Will I be asked to go and apply in Qatar by the VO?

Expecting to hear from you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hello VO, thanks for the reply. now her concern is she want the three kids who are citizens to continue their studies in US, is there any visa category she and the 6months old baby (who wasnt able to get his citizenship before his father died) can apply for to stay with the three kids as their mother while they (who are already citizens) school over there.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lordchosen: 2:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello lordchosen. You may certainly apply from Nigeria.

Thanks for the Information VO
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Opsynene: 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hello VO
Here I am again
Last time I was here was October last year
I had a case of my 5year old twins visa application being put on administrative processing.
As you advised I wrote an email which was read but no reply
Let me refresh you of the circumstances
Their uncle brought them for the interview and was supposed to travel with them last year but the first interview, the vo said he wanted to see the parents, when we got to the embassy, the lady wanted to know how ma y children the uncle had taken to america and that he should list the names, which he did. She put the children visa application on administrative processing since last year may
I have written several emails
We do not know the duration of how long this will last
Last year you advised I should send an email
It was read and I got a response in which I was copied
The reply was for a miss Jennifer to respond to the inquiry from a mr Tunji
But since then no response
Please what else can we do
The children wants to travel this summer again and we were told not to apply until the conclusion of this application
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by babatosan: 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
@Abujaniv
I have a small problem while trying to schedule an appointment as a family
When prompted to add dependent on the cgi site,
I get a 'operation with inactive user' when i complete the dependent details and click save
What am i doing wrong?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bumdesh: 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
Good day people.

Please am asking on behalf of my colleauge who has been trying to schedule an appointment for since Saturday 11th Feb 2017 and its saying error, that it can not be created at this time.

I saw something similar on this forum by someone, is there an issue please?

Also he applied for a B1 visa , he is foing for a traning . If he is given can he use it later on to visit the US in future on visits or are ther chances of a B1/B2 issued?

He doesnt really know much about US Visas and me also.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
@All

Please stop responding to questions here.

Only Abujaniv and other VOs in this section are allowed to answer those questions.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
justwise:
@All

Please stop responding to questions here.

Only Abujaniv and other VOs in this section are allowed to answer those questions.

Thank you.
Sorry
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 13, 2017
Hello @Abujaniv
I have a B1/B2 valid visa till april 2017 but was issued on my passport which bears my maiden name but now expired.Pleease, wil like to know if am stil gonna be eligible for Dropbox using my renewed passport issued in my hubby's name.
Thanks sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koonleh: 11:51am On Feb 13, 2017
Hello, pls my wife and two daughters were denied visa in dec, me i have a valid visa, so i decieded to travel to US alone for my sis wedn which we were all invites for. I want to ask if they can reapply to join me over there, i just got to US on 9th feb, and its my second visit. Thank u abujav
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello Opsynene. Children typically qualify through their parents. When they apply to travel with other adults, we typically do extra checks to protect against trafficking. I'd advise you to e-mail the Embassy again and to be sure that you include biographical details for the children.

Opsynene:
Hello VO
Here I am again
Last time I was here was October last year
I had a case of my 5year old twins visa application being put on administrative processing.
As you advised I wrote an email which was read but no reply
Let me refresh you of the circumstances
Their uncle brought them for the interview and was supposed to travel with them last year but the first interview, the vo said he wanted to see the parents, when we got to the embassy, the lady wanted to know how ma y children the uncle had taken to america and that he should list the names, which he did. She put the children visa application on administrative processing since last year may
I have written several emails
We do not know the duration of how long this will last
Last year you advised I should send an email
It was read and I got a response in which I was copied
The reply was for a miss Jennifer to respond to the inquiry from a mr Tunji
But since then no response
Please what else can we do
The children wants to travel this summer again and we were told not to apply until the conclusion of this application
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:08pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello Tumiliciou918. Please send in both passports when you apply through dropbox, and be sure to include your maiden name (and any other names use) in the application. If we have any questions, we'll call you in for an interview.

Tumiliciou918:
Hello @Abujaniv
I have a B1/B2 valid visa till april 2017 but was issued on my passport which bears my maiden name but now expired.Pleease, wil like to know if am stil gonna be eligible for Dropbox using my renewed passport issued in my hubby's name.
Thanks sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello babatosan. Questions like this are best addressed to customer support, at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
babatosan:
@Abujaniv
I have a small problem while trying to schedule an appointment as a family
When prompted to add dependent on the cgi site,
I get a 'operation with inactive user' when i complete the dependent details and click save
What am i doing wrong?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello Bumdesh. Questions like this are best addressed to customer support, at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Bumdesh:
Good day people.

Please am asking on behalf of my colleauge who has been trying to schedule an appointment for since Saturday 11th Feb 2017 and its saying error, that it can not be created at this time.

I saw something similar on this forum by someone, is there an issue please?

Also he applied for a B1 visa , he is foing for a traning . If he is given can he use it later on to visit the US in future on visits or are ther chances of a B1/B2 issued?

He doesnt really know much about US Visas and me also.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello koonleh. Applicants may apply again at any time, but if nothing has changed in the circumstances, the result is likely to be the same.

koonleh:
Hello, pls my wife and two daughters were denied visa in dec, me i have a valid visa, so i decieded to travel to US alone for my sis wedn which we were all invites for. I want to ask if they can reapply to join me over there, i just got to US on 9th feb, and its my second visit. Thank u abujav

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.