Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818520 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:24am On May 13, 2017
Hello Honeylahrah. I visas are for working journalists, who typically write for a living. I've read your post several times, but I still can't figure out what you are saying and asking. You are welcome to try again.

Honeylahrah:
Hello abujaniv

Last year 2016 I applied using an I-visa and i met with the VO who said I used the previous application for the new one and that I should reapply after three days....With the new application and interview wait date I won't meet up with the event date so I have to let it go.
And now I want to as apply a tourist....the question is :

#Can I make use of the previous i-visa application fee ?

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:25am On May 13, 2017
Hello olorieka. Nothing is guaranteed.

olorieka:
Hello VO am the last time I applied was because of childbirth but I was refused no ma am planning to go on business trip because am into adult and kiddies Clothing's what is the best way to apply and present my application am going alone leaving behind hubby and 4kids is there any guarantee that I will be given
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:28am On May 13, 2017
Hello SilaV. It is important to present the whole picture at your interview. The costs of one person going to school, including tuition and living expenses, are quite different from the expenses for four people.

SilaV:
Hello abujaniv and lagosniv:

I am in the process of booking my F1 visa interview appointment and it is required that I fill-in information about my dependents( wife and two kids) but their passports and 1-20s are not yet ready.Should I skip that page or I should wait till the required documents are ready before continuing with the booking ? I f I do continue with the booking now, hope it won't affect them when their documents are now available and they are to go for their interview. Actually,they are not going with me now but may join me later. Advise needed.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lifeisbeautiful: 12:09pm On May 13, 2017
Hi abujaniv
I have never apply for America visa before but I ve read lots of articles on how to apply for US visa,my worry is time and the appropriate place to apply,am into import and export business that revolve around West Africa and North Africa. I have residential permit in one of the Northern africa country,I visit Nigeria on a business trip minimum of 5times a year and twice to Morocco during last 5yrs. Despite I live in a country that is second most rejected US visa in the world in 2016 am not afraid of applying in the country I that i ve residential permit but the problem am facing is time because I arrive here middle of last month April and will be back to Nigeria before this month ending may .my worry is can I fill the ds 160 form online over and chose lagos as the centre I will like to be interview,I want to visit US for tourism (4 of July celebration)and purchase of goods pls I need ur candid advice I have bank account here my base and Nigeria and am budget 5k usd for the trip .
If I the form how long with it take before I can get appointment
I live in Nigeria as well can I fill my Nigeria address while filling the form and I have business license in the country that I have residential permit
Hope third country issue will not affect me
And I will only stay two weeks in Nigeria during business visit.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abubakarsadiqib: 12:27pm On May 13, 2017
hello, please I got an invitation from a brother of mine who is a citizen of the State to visit him. how can I
proceed to get a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:45pm On May 13, 2017
Hello lifeisbeautiful. We generally recommend people apply from the country where they principally reside.

lifeisbeautiful:
Hi abujaniv
I have never apply for America visa before but I ve read lots of articles on how to apply for US visa,my worry is time and the appropriate place to apply,am into import and export business that revolve around West Africa and North Africa. I have residential permit in one of the Northern africa country,I visit Nigeria on a business trip minimum of 5times a year and twice to Morocco during last 5yrs. Despite I live in a country that is second most rejected US visa in the world in 2016 am not afraid of applying in the country I that i ve residential permit but the problem am facing is time because I arrive here middle of last month April and will be back to Nigeria before this month ending may .my worry is can I fill the ds 160 form online over and chose lagos as the centre I will like to be interview,I want to visit US for tourism (4 of July celebration)and purchase of goods pls I need ur candid advice I have bank account here my base and Nigeria and am budget 5k usd for the trip .
If I the form how long with it take before I can get appointment
I live in Nigeria as well can I fill my Nigeria address while filling the form and I have business license in the country that I have residential permit
Hope third country issue will not affect me
And I will only stay two weeks in Nigeria during business visit.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:46pm On May 13, 2017
Start here:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
abubakarsadiqib:
hello, please I got an invitation from a brother of mine who is a citizen of the State to visit him. how can I
proceed to get a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lifeisbeautiful: 2:22pm On May 13, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello lifeisbeautiful. We generally recommend people apply from the country where they principally reside.

but I reside in both countries and I still use Nigeria passport and I family ties in both countries
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by SilaV: 3:08pm On May 13, 2017
SilaV:
Hello abujaniv and lagosniv:

I am in the process of booking my F1 visa interview appointment and it is required that I fill-in information about my dependents( wife and two kids) but their passports and 1-20s are not yet ready.Should I skip that page or I should wait till the required documents are ready before continuing with the booking ? I f I do continue with the booking now, hope it won't affect them when their documents are now available and they are to go for their interview. Actually,they are not going with me now but may join me later. Advise needed.

abujaniv:
Hello SilaV. It is important to present the whole picture at your interview. The costs of one person going to school, including tuition and living expenses, are quite different from the expenses for four people.

Thanks for your prompt response @abujaniv, the issue is that they are not accompanying me now.Even in my i-20, the expenses of dependents were not calculated because their passports were not ready, though I informed the school through the completed form that i have dependents. My dependents may only come around during the vacation period and it is not going to be any moment so soon. The information in my I-20 shows no expense for dependents.So, is it possible for me to go ahead with the booking without including my dependent information, won't it become an issue when they are now ready for their interview? Or Can I fill the form without including their passport numbers and sevis information at this time?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jaycolley: 3:32pm On May 13, 2017
Hi VO, I did my interview on 18th of April of which my visa was approved. But till today am yet to get my passport back. When I tracked my visa, it says ISSUED and my passport status says "Document Delivery Information" for about three weeks now. I wanted to know if it's normal for a Visa to take this long. I already contact their customer representatives, no tangible info provided for this delay of my passport. I need your help on what to do or what's going on...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Crownfitmee: 4:09pm On May 13, 2017
Hello
I have a friend who had an interview 2yrs ago but was denied based for presenting a fake traveling experience though he was denied under section 214b because that was the paper given to him by the consular officer. We know it is now in is record for lieing.
There is this common advise you give here that even if someone as done something wrong in the past he shouldnt lie about it. Now my question is
1. Does it mean that when he gets another chance to be interviewed will he just start talking about that past or wait to be questioned about it before he talks
2. From your experience as anyone ever being granted visa even after lieing aout such thing or no one can ever gets a visa without applying for a waiver if he lies
3. Does he need a waiver even if he is seeking an immigrant visa even though he was denied based on 214b.pls just a clue because i know i will be redirected to the immigrant visa session
4. The thread for immigrant visa is closed on nairaland is there a way to work on somebody that can continue helping people on their immigrant question
Thanks for the good work you doing here
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:33pm On May 13, 2017
Hello jaycolley. You can write in to the Consulate/Embassy to inquire. Be sure to include your name and other identifying information so that we can look into the case.

jaycolley:
Hi VO, I did my interview on 18th of April of which my visa was approved. But till today am yet to get my passport back. When I tracked my visa, it says ISSUED and my passport status says "Document Delivery Information" for about three weeks now. I wanted to know if it's normal for a Visa to take this long. I already contact their customer representatives, no tangible info provided for this delay of my passport. I need your help on what to do or what's going on...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:37pm On May 13, 2017
Hello Crownfitmee. It's up to the applicant if they want to own up to past falsehoods. It may be asked about, it may not. Yes, it is possible for visas to be issued to those who lied in the past and then admitted to it, but they would otherwise have to qualify. No waiver is needed to overcome a 214b refusal. If the applicant is found 6c1, which covers material misrepresentation, then a waiver is required. That said, misdeeds committed in applications for NIV visas will likely be addressed in any IV process.

Crownfitmee:
Hello
I have a friend who had an interview 2yrs ago but was denied based for presenting a fake traveling experience though he was denied under section 214b because that was the paper given to him by the consular officer. We know it is now in is record for lieing.
There is this common advise you give here that even if someone as done something wrong in the past he shouldnt lie about it. Now my question is
1. Does it mean that when he gets another chance to be interviewed will he just start talking about that past or wait to be questioned about it before he talks
2. From your experience as anyone ever being granted visa even after lieing aout such thing or no one can ever gets a visa without applying for a waiver if he lies
3. Does he need a waiver even if he is seeking an immigrant visa even though he was denied based on 214b.pls just a clue because i know i will be redirected to the immigrant visa session
4. The thread for immigrant visa is closed on nairaland is there a way to work on somebody that can continue helping people on their immigrant question
Thanks for the good work you doing here
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Michelleflores(f): 10:31pm On May 13, 2017
Thank God I found this page, dear V.O pls I need your help, I was issued a student visa after an interview session in Abuja but on getting to New York I realized my sevis was cancelled due to some errors the agent who got my admission letter made, so the homeland security adviced that I be issued a withdrawal of application form, cancelled my visa and Asked me to go back home and get another i20 and visa from Nigeria then come back,now I'm back home, do I need another interview or waiver, please what should I do next? Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:59am On May 14, 2017
Hello Michelleflores. You gave a much more descriptive account two months ago on another thread, and you basically answered your own questions. You must start over, getting a fresh admission, new I-20 form and new visa. Your previous visa is cancelled, and the visa sticker in your passport is worthless for admission to the US. You have discovered why we implore people to avoid agents. Their mistakes live on forever in the applicant's record and can be very difficult to recover from, as with the credit card fraud in your case.

Michelleflores:
Thank God I found this page, dear V.O pls I need your help, I was issued a student visa after an interview session in Abuja but on getting to New York I realized my sevis was cancelled due to some errors the agent who got my admission letter made, so the homeland security adviced that I be issued a withdrawal of application form, cancelled my visa and Asked me to go back home and get another i20 and visa from Nigeria then come back,now I'm back home, do I need another interview or waiver, please what should I do next? Thanks in anticipation of your response.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kelvindking: 12:25pm On May 14, 2017
hi guys. I'm planning to go for summer holiday with my wife and son, my question is am I to pay for visa fee,, for each of us or I should buy just one since we are going for the interview together as a family... thanks waiting for your reply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:00pm On May 14, 2017
Every human being needs a separate application and visa fee receipt. You can go to the interview together.

kelvindking:
hi guys. I'm planning to go for summer holiday with my wife and son, my question is am I to pay for visa fee,, for each of us or I should buy just one since we are going for the interview together as a family... thanks waiting for your reply.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by laonidolla(m): 7:22pm On May 14, 2017
Hello VO, I applied for b1/b2 visa my elder brother sent me an invitation and will also be responsible for my trip to and back to Nigeria. my question is should I go along with my own bank statement or with my elder brother bank statement. thank

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:57am On May 15, 2017
You asked an almost identical question several months ago. Our answer at that time still stands.

laonidolla:
Hello VO, I applied for b1/b2 visa my elder brother sent me an invitation and will also be responsible for my trip to and back to Nigeria. my question is should I go along with my own bank statement or with my elder brother bank statement. thank
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Michelleflores(f): 9:37am On May 15, 2017
Thank you so much for your response, but I want to know my chances of getting the visa again this time, what are my chances?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:16am On May 15, 2017
There are no "chances." This is not a gambling parlor.

Michelleflores:
Thank you so much for your response, but I want to know my chances of getting the visa again this time, what are my chances?

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by laonidolla(m): 10:57am On May 15, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=56531764]You asked an almost identical question several months ago. Our answer at that time still stands.

Yes I remembered and you asked me to go through other post to get answers but I didn't find any. that why am asking so has to put me in the right part in what to do. Pls
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:04pm On May 15, 2017
Everyone must qualify on their own merits. We rarely look at any documents.

[quote author=laonidolla post=56537254][/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by laonidolla(m): 3:05pm On May 15, 2017
abujaniv:
Everyone must qualify on their own merits. We rarely look at any documents.

Thank so much VO
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ugoh11: 6:51pm On May 15, 2017
Dear VO

Please this is very urgent!!!

I have my visa interview tomorrow and I just found out that on my sevis fee receipt there is an error in date of birth (aug) instead of july. However when I go to the sevis website, I input my correct details (correct date of birth) and it shows me that I have paid.

Please does this have an implication on my interview. If yes, what should I do
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sirelawrence: 7:14pm On May 15, 2017
abujaniv:
There are no "chances." This is not a gambling parlor.

Dear VO
Pls I will need ur assistance. About filling my D-160 form. In the place of "person/entity paying for your trip question", should I put self or the name of the school that gave me scholarship.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:15pm On May 15, 2017
Hello Ugoh11. This is something you'll want to work with the school to get fixed, but it shouldn't have a material impact on the visa interview. It bears repeating: biographical details such as name and date of birth are critically important. Surnames, middle names, and first names should not shift places from passport to passport as though they are playing musical chairs. Titles and honorifics like Dr., Prince, Alhaji, Hon., etc. will not be printed in passports or visas. Dates of birth happen once and only once in one's life. Variations in these details mean the applicant is either careless or a fraudster.

Ugoh11:
Dear VO

Please this is very urgent!!!

I have my visa interview tomorrow and I just found out that on my sevis fee receipt there is an error in date of birth (aug) instead of july. However when I go to the sevis website, I input my correct details (correct date of birth) and it shows me that I have paid.

Please does this have an implication on my interview. If yes, what should I do
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:16pm On May 15, 2017
Who is buying the ticket? That party is your answer.

sirelawrence:

Dear VO
Pls I will need ur assistance. About filling my D-160 form. In the place of "person/entity paying for your trip question", should I put self or the name of the school that gave me scholarship.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wolemine: 8:57pm On May 15, 2017
Dear VO,
Please can an applicant who have a contact in the US still book a hotel reservation for his stay in the US?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chi1145: 12:05am On May 16, 2017
Dear VO,

I would like to get your opinion on this, myself and my family got a US visa 2years ago and we couldn't travel at the time we intended to go because my husband was bereaved of his mum and we eventually used the visa for a subsequent vacation and birthing as well, though I never sent a change of intent letter to the embassy because i dint know I was supposed to, I only got to know of such a letter when I joined this forum. Upon renewal our visas were refused under 221G and the VO said I was probably pregnant at the time of the interview and honestly I wasn't. We were asked to come for a fresh interview which we did and again we were denied under 214 (reasons not clear). My question is what are our chances if we re-apply and is it OK to write to the embassy attaching all necessary medical reports and scan to show I wasn't pregnant at the time of our first interview before re-applying again ? Even my LO birth date proves I wasn't pregnant at that time.. ..please your urgent response is required. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:56am On May 16, 2017
Hello chi1145. We addressed your concern a few months ago on this forum. Firstly, we should dispel any notion about the "change of intent" letter. Contrary to what you may have read on other threads or elsewhere on the Internet, these letters are not required, read or associated with an applicant's file. For visa and port of entry purposes, the only representations that matter are what you present at the Embassy/Consulate interview, in your application, and at the border. With regard to medical care --which includes pregnancy-- applicants are expected to pay the expenses in full. When doubts arise over an applicant's credibility and/or their ability to pay for medical care in the US, it can be difficult for the applicant to qualify for a visa. We do not discuss chances on this forum, only qualifications.

chi1145:
Dear VO,

I would like to get your opinion on this, myself and my family got a US visa 2years ago and we couldn't travel at the time we intended to go because my husband was bereaved of his mum and we eventually used the visa for a subsequent vacation and birthing as well, though I never sent a change of intent letter to the embassy because i dint know I was supposed to, I only got to know of such a letter when I joined this forum. Upon renewal our visas were refused under 221G and the VO said I was probably pregnant at the time of the interview and honestly I wasn't. We were asked to come for a fresh interview which we did and again we were denied under 214 (reasons not clear). My question is what are our chances if we re-apply and is it OK to write to the embassy attaching all necessary medical reports and scan to show I wasn't pregnant at the time of our first interview before re-applying again ? Even my LO birth date proves I wasn't pregnant at that time.. ..please your urgent response is required. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.