Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (822439 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hello JayJay0211.
1. Yes.
2. It's possible the visa officer will ask about your children. Answer honestly.
3. Consult the application website for scheduling times.

JayJay0211:
Hello, everybody.

My husband and I wish to apply for the b1/b2 by August. Kindly assist with answers to the following questions:

1. Can we apply more than 6 months in advance of the trip? This is for adequate planning.

2. Will it matter to the VO that we are traveling without the kids? We plan to go to NYC now and on a later trip take the kids to Disney Orlando.

3. What is the latest interview slot available on a given day? 10 am?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JayJay0211: 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thank you, abujaniv. Much appreciated
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by segbas(m): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello VO, I must admit, you are doing a very wonderful job here, taking time to respond to everyone here is a task. Keep it up.

I and my family were denied last month June, the VO just asked us where we lived and we answered, why we were unable to travel to a certain country in 2016, and I replied due to my work, because I was called to work during the Easter holiday.

After checking our passports, and some minutes, he said we were ineligible.

I don't know why because we have a very good job and we'll paid, and other sources of income such properties and capital investments.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello segbas. The way this works is you ask a question, and we answer as best we can. Please rephrase in the form of a question.

segbas:
Hello VO, I must admit, you are doing a very wonderful job here, taking time to respond to everyone here is a task. Keep it up.

I and my family were denied last month June, the VO just asked us where we lived and we answered, why we were unable to travel to a certain country in 2016, and I replied due to my work, because I was called to work during the Easter holiday.

After checking our passports, and some minutes, he said we were ineligible.

I don't know why because we have a very good job and we'll paid, and other sources of income such properties and capital investments.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by manlikegb: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello VO(AbujaNIV),

Thanks for your continuous help on here. More power to your elbow.

I am planning to renew my US NIV before it expires and I’m hoping to make use of the dropbox option. However, a friend said something about using dropbox that I would love to clarify.

I applied and had my visa interview in Abuja when my current visa was issued. Presently I am and will be in Lagos for a couple of weeks and I'm planning to submit with DHL office in Lagos. Do I have to address my application to the Embassy in Lagos or the one in Abuja?

I'll like to know because my friend mentioned that if I submit my application to the Lagos Embassy(which is not where I had my interview when I got my current visa issued) that I will have to appear for another Interview and not be able to use dropbox. How true is this information please?

Thanks for your time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello manlikegb. No, you should be able to submit your passport and application to the Lagos Consulate.

manlikegb:
Hello VO(AbujaNIV),

Thanks for your continuous help on here. More power to your elbow.

I am planning to renew my US NIV before it expires and I’m hoping to make use of the dropbox option. However, a friend said something about using dropbox that I would love to clarify.

I applied and had my visa interview in Abuja when my current visa was issued. Presently I am and will be in Lagos for a couple of weeks and I'm planning to submit with DHL office in Lagos. Do I have to address my application to the Embassy in Lagos or the one in Abuja?

I'll like to know because my friend mentioned that if I submit my application to the Lagos Embassy(which is not where I had my interview when I got my current visa issued) that I will have to appear for another Interview and not be able to use dropbox. How true is this information please?

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sebastine1606(m): 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello johnbull2017. Contact customer support or get a faster internet connection.

better idea
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sebastine1606(m): 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello VO,.
Good job from you, please for an applicant who was denied for an Annual vacation, can he really apply again after 9 months, but this time, only with conference as a purpose
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jaStar: 12:17am On Jul 06, 2017
Thank you, abujaniv.
This actually makes a lot of sense

abujaniv:
Hello 9jaStar. You are correct that this is a complicated issue. Every situation is unique in some way, so it is difficult to apply a blanket answer to every applicant. The presumption of immigrant intent is a core concept of US immigration law that governs our visa process. Another overriding concept is our judgement of whether the applicant will use the visa correctly--to abide by the laws of the land and to return after a short stay.
We understand that immigrant visa petitions can sometimes take years to process. In the meantime, an IV applicant may wish to make brief visits to the US but will not want to endanger their lawful, long-term plans to migrate. We look at those situations carefully and make decisions on a case-by-case basis.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by miketosin: 11:52am On Jul 06, 2017
Hello VO,

My visa was approve and issued in June 2017. Am visiting my friend for 4weeks.
On my DS 160 form, my arrival date is August and departure is September 2017.
But unfortunately, my leave at work has just been prosponed from August to November because of some emergencies that just came up at work.

Do i need to send an email to the US embassy to inform them about change in my travel date and month or just proceed with my new travel plan in November?

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hello miketosin. Anytime the actual travel differs from the stated travel (at the interview), it may attract greater scrutiny at the border. After the fact e-mails to the Embassy/Consulate do not count for anything.

miketosin:
Hello VO,

My visa was approve and issued in June 2017. Am visiting my friend for 4weeks.
On my DS 160 form, my arrival date is August and departure is September 2017.
But unfortunately, my leave at work has just been prosponed from August to November because of some emergencies that just came up at work.

Do i need to send an email to the US embassy to inform them about change in my travel date and month or just proceed with my new travel plan in November?

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hello Sebastine1606. Applicants who are refused may apply again at any time. That said, if nothing has changed since the previous interview, the result is likely to be the same.

Sebastine1606:
Hello VO,.
Good job from you, please for an applicant who was denied for an Annual vacation, can he really apply again after 9 months, but this time, only with conference as a purpose
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2017
Hello VO, thanks for great work your doing.
Last month at us POE, the officer ask me to withdraw my application on arrival.

My visa was Stamped CANCELLED APPLICATION WITHDRAWN.

What happens is :- I got the visa with my Ex wife, but I didn't know she's in usa now

I explained have divorced her & married again.

The officer said he never believe my first marriage but accepted my second marriage after seeing many pix on my phone.

They said am not, Ban or Removed
But I should signed for my application to be withdrawn.( which I don't understand ) He further said I can re-apply with my new wife immediately I get to Abuja.

Please Vo,
How true it's?

Can I still be issued us visa again if am applying with my new wife with such stamp on my passport?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hello AdeGold2012. To a degree, the credibility of family members carry over onto the applicant, both positively and negatively. Your ex-wife abused her visa, and since you got the visas together, you were linked with her misdeed. That you were married, estranged, divorced and re-married all within the two-year period of the visa's validity raises further questions.
Customs and Border Patrol offered you the chance to rescind your application for admission, which you did. This was a kindness, as they could have kept you longer and investigated further, which may have resulted in a finding of fraud, trafficking or other malfeasance, all of which carry permanent ineligibilities.
So in the end, you do not have a permanent ban, and you may apply again for a visa, though it will be a high hurdle to show that you are a trustworthy traveler.

AdeGold2012:
Hello VO, thanks for great work your doing.
Last month at us POE, the officer ask me to withdraw my application on arrival.

My visa was Stamped CANCELLED APPLICATION WITHDRAWN.

What happens is :- I got the visa with my Ex wife, but I didn't know she's in usa now

I explained have divorced her & married again.

The officer said he never believe my first marriage but accepted my second marriage after seeing many pix on my phone.

They said am not, Ban or Removed
But I should signed for my application to be withdrawn.( which I don't understand ) He further said I can re-apply with my new wife immediately I get to Abuja.

Please Vo,
How true it's?

Can I still be issued us visa again if am applying with my new wife with such stamp on my passport?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2017
Vo, thanks alot for your reply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by uniquema: 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
Dear VO

I need help.
I have a B1/B2 VISA which I have used once for a visit. In the course of my visit, I stumbled into some commodities which i can buy and sale in my home country.
Now my questions are,
1. Can I travel to the US frequently for the purpose of buying these commodities for sale in my home country as often as i have order for them.
2. Do I need a different visa category for visiting the US for the purpose of buying these items.

Plz note: I do not want anything that will amount to misuse of VISA.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sebastine1606(m): 1:03am On Jul 08, 2017
Hello VO,
Truth is that, as at last year Nov that I made the application, I was still single,yet I explained to the VO incharge that I am engaged to be married, now I am married to my wife in June this year.
The question is this, can I apply now as married since I am going with her for a short stay vacation......?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:52am On Jul 08, 2017
Hello uniquema. "Commodities" is a very broad term. As long as the goods are legal buy and sell and you transport them correctly, the B1/B2 visa is appropriate.

uniquema:
Dear VO

I need help.
I have a B1/B2 VISA which I have used once for a visit. In the course of my visit, I stumbled into some commodities which i can buy and sale in my home country.
Now my questions are,
1. Can I travel to the US frequently for the purpose of buying these commodities for sale in my home country as often as i have order for them.
2. Do I need a different visa category for visiting the US for the purpose of buying these items.

Plz note: I do not want anything that will amount to misuse of VISA.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:54am On Jul 08, 2017
In your previous question, you were intent on traveling to a conference. Make up your mind and apply again if you want--the qualifications will be the same.

Sebastine1606:
Hello VO,
Truth is that, as at last year Nov that I made the application, I was still single,yet I explained to the VO incharge that I am engaged to be married, now I am married to my wife in June this year.
The question is this, can I apply now as married since I am going with her for a short stay vacation......?

Thanks

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by uniquema: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello uniquema. "Commodities" is a very broad term. As long as the goods are legal buy and sell and you transport them correctly, the B1/B2 visa is appropriate.

Dear VO,

Thank you so much for your response, the commodities are used laptos and laptop accessories and also children's' wears. i hope they are legal.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gomez1only(m): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm asking this question on behalf of my younger brother in yankee. He got a 2 years US visa in April this year, then travelled in middle of May, on his arrival at the POE, he was told he can only stay in the US until 1st of June 2017 (2wks stay). But, today is 8th of July and he's still in the US. But he plans on leaving by next month to come back to Nigeria. So, we're just scared of what might happen if he wants to return probably by next year. Will it be possible for him to also apply for a visa for his wife & kids? We need advice's please. What's his fate on coming back next year? What will happen to the current 2 years visa?

Abeg, make ona no fry us too much with yabbing o! Just go straight to the point on your advice please, Lol. Thanks in advance!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by yduring: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2017
Hello VO.I am a bit worried about a recent occurence.I applied for and attended a U.S visitors visa (b1/b2) on the 8th of June 2017 and was given a white paper with a ticked portion that states drop off a document (bill of lading).the consular officer said I do not need to come back to the embassy and she collected my passport.I followed up my visa status on their site using the CEAC and it showed administrative processing with case created a day before my interview which is the 7th of June.it was last updated to 8th of June which was my date of interview and remained so till now. I tracked my passport initially and it showed that passport is still with us embassy.after about 3weeks the status changed to There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.then all of a sudden about 2days ago which corresponds to about 4days to my intended date of travel,I saw passport is ready for pickup when I tracked my passport but on the CEAC page it still shows administrative processing.I don't know if I was issued the visa or not.what should I expect.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hello gomez1only. I think you know the know the answer to your question. You brother is accruing illegal presence in the United States. Penalties for this range from a three- to ten-year ban on entry into the US. Your brother should depart as soon as possible.

gomez1only:
Hello everyone, I'm asking this question on behalf of my younger brother in yankee. He got a 2 years US visa in April this year, then travelled in middle of May, on his arrival at the POE, he was told he can only stay in the US until 1st of June 2017 (2wks stay). But, today is 8th of July and he's still in the US. But he plans on leaving by next month to come back to Nigeria. So, we're just scared of what might happen if he wants to return probably by next year. Will it be possible for him to also apply for a visa for his wife & kids? We need advice's please. What's his fate on coming back next year? What will happen to the current 2 years visa?

Abeg, make ona no fry us too much with yabbing o! Just go straight to the point on your advice please, Lol. Thanks in advance!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hello yduring. Your passport will be returned when the administrative processing is completed. There is an e-mail address on the paper you were given. You may write to that address if you have specific questions pertaining to your application status.

yduring:
Hello VO.I am a bit worried about a recent occurence.I applied for and attended a U.S visitors visa (b1/b2) on the 8th of June 2017 and was given a white paper with a ticked portion that states drop off a document (bill of lading).the consular officer said I do not need to come back to the embassy and she collected my passport.I followed up my visa status on their site using the CEAC and it showed administrative processing with case created a day before my interview which is the 7th of June.it was last updated to 8th of June which was my date of interview and remained so till now. I tracked my passport initially and it showed that passport is still with us embassy.after about 3weeks the status changed to There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.then all of a sudden about 2days ago which corresponds to about 4days to my intended date of travel,I saw passport is ready for pickup when I tracked my passport but on the CEAC page it still shows administrative processing.I don't know if I was issued the visa or not.what should I expect.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mrsdoctor007: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hello, thank you for the job you are doing here. My question is I was issued a B1/B2 NIV in 2012, and 2015 via Dropbox. 2 weeks ago I tried to reapply for another visa for 2017 via Dropbox but I was sent a mail and a yellow 221g form saying I should come for an interview. I'm worried. I never abused my previous visa travelled about 4 times stayed 4weeks and never stayed beyond 12 wèeks though the last trip my intention changed to childbirth and I told them at the POE even though I was allowed up 6months. I'm married now and I included it in my form but I haven't changed my name, my husband has his valid visa so I didn't renew with him. I'm worried. Thanks a lot
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mybelovenigeria: 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hello VO,

Please I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend. He doesn't speak good English, only Pidgin. But he speaks Hausa and Yoruba fluently. He is being invited to the US by his elder brother who happens to be getting married in October. My question is " how is he going to be interviewed at the Embassy". Is it through pidgin, or hausa or yoruba. He filled only hausa and yoruba as his spoken languages in the ds 160 form. Thank you in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by yduring: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
OK.I understand that I will get my passport after the administrative processing is done with,but I would like to have an Idea of what the situation described above in my writeup means.passport is ready for pickup while its still showing administrative processing. Am confused.when it happens like that does it mean I will most likely be issued or not. What signs should I expect to see if I was denied or issue?thank you for the first response.waiting for the answer to this one.I already made travel plans for the 10th so I am anxious.pls reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hello Mrsdoctor007. The interview waiver program (IWP or dropbox) is not a guarantee for renewal.

Mrsdoctor007:
Hello, thank you for the job you are doing here. My question is I was issued a B1/B2 NIV in 2012, and 2015 via Dropbox. 2 weeks ago I tried to reapply for another visa for 2017 via Dropbox but I was sent a mail and a yellow 221g form saying I should come for an interview. I'm worried. I never abused my previous visa travelled about 4 times stayed 4weeks and never stayed beyond 12 wèeks though the last trip my intention changed to childbirth and I told them at the POE even though I was allowed up 6months. I'm married now and I included it in my form but I haven't changed my name, my husband has his valid visa so I didn't renew with him. I'm worried. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hello mybelovenigeria. Between our officers and local staff, we have speakers in the Embassy/Consulate of all the languages you mention.

mybelovenigeria:
Hello VO,

Please I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend. He doesn't speak good English, only Pidgin. But he speaks Hausa and Yoruba fluently. He is being invited to the US by his elder brother who happens to be getting married in October. My question is " how is he going to be interviewed at the Embassy". Is it through pidgin, or hausa or yoruba. He filled only hausa and yoruba as his spoken languages in the ds 160 form. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hello yduring. It's not a good idea to make travel plans before the visa is in hand. Unfortunately, we can not give a timeline for the length of administrative processing.

yduring:
OK.I understand that I will get my passport after the administrative processing is done with,but I would like to have an Idea of what the situation described above in my writeup means.passport is ready for pickup while its still showing administrative processing. Am confused.when it happens like that does it mean I will most likely be issued or not. What signs should I expect to see if I was denied or issue?thank you for the first response.waiting for the answer to this one.I already made travel plans for the 10th so I am anxious.pls reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fibonaci: 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hi..

This is my issue: After a lengthy administrative processing, I got an email frm th Consulate to submit my passport.

I did that and after 3 weeks got another email from Consulate directing me to collect my passport frm GSS collection centre, fill out a (supplemental question) form that was attached to the email, then resubmit my passport together wt the form.

Unfortunately the attachment wouldnot open. I've tried to open it for days without any luck.

Email the consulate back informing them of my conundrum last week but I still havent gotten a response back.

However I noticed the name of the attachment (DS5535) and did some research on it and came across a form online thats called a DS5535 form and titled supplemental questions form.

I believe its the same form as the attachment that wouldnt open.

Do you figure I should fill that out and send it back together with my passport. Or what do you advise??

Thanks...

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.