Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819926 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by codemaster2much: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hey do you know if the american embassy opens on weekends .... say Saturday
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by uniquema: 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
Dear VO,
Good evening,
Please, I want to know if my sister inlaw can be my relative in my ds-160 form or not. She is my husband's younger sister or just to answer that I have no relative in the US.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:51am On Oct 27, 2017
Hi codemaster2much. The Embassy/Consulate are closed on weekends. During periods of high demand, we will sometimes schedule appointments on Saturdays.

codemaster2much:
Hey do you know if the american embassy opens on weekends .... say Saturday
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:52am On Oct 27, 2017
Hello uniquema. Yes, you can list your inlaws as an "other" relative.

uniquema:
Dear VO,
Good evening,
Please, I want to know if my sister inlaw can be my relative in my ds-160 form or not. She is my husband's younger sister or just to answer that I have no relative in the US.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by uniquema: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello uniquema. Yes, you can list your inlaws as an "other" relative.

Dear VO,
Thank you so much, I can now proceed with the filling of the forms.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by trovserg: 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
Good Evening, Pls my bro and wife booked an appointment with US embassy B1B2,only my bro could go in dey said d wife's appointment number was different she should rebook the appointment but we have been trying to rebook it it's not working. The husband's visa was approved but now we are unable to book her's we even paid another appointment fee in gt bank her persport number is referring us to previous appointment made. Pls wat do we do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Khonvicted(m): 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
Dear VO,

I really appreciate your work for us on this forum.. It's a great job you're doing here ...

Good evening,
Please how long does it take for my documented approved petition from the US to get to Nigeria and will I be scheduled for an interview immediately it arrives?.. I'm an I r2 (petitioned by my dad, a US citizen )

Thanks, I'll be expecting your reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MarieAnn2012: 8:28am On Oct 29, 2017
Hello abujaniv lagosniv
Please kindly look in to this, I mistakenly put my old ds 160 confirmation number on booking appointment, and I have been trying to cancel and book again, I can't find the link since saturday. PLEASE HELP.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jenny216: 11:03am On Oct 29, 2017
Good morning VO,
I and my husband applied for a B1,B2 visa on the 26th of this month and was denied . We were to travel dec 20th to celebrate our wedding anniversary and as well spend Xmas. Pls is it advisable to reapply immediately or wait for a while
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Awesome85(m): 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
Greetings to all NL. Happy weekend to us all.. Pls, l need an advice here... My mother will be traveling to the United States this November on a visit visa to see my sister... She want to apply for a visa for my daughter... My mom has a valid visa. The question is? What should she say the girl is to her... Her daughter or granddaughter ? Looking at possibilities of the child getting a visa. My mom is 56yr...my daughter is 9yr ...thanks for your quick response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by priscai(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2017
Dear Vo,

I applied for Dropbox Renewal on 9th October with my boss, his passport been returned successfully with visa and mine is yet to come, have written mails the embassy and no one is ready to give reason why my passport is held this long and we have a conference to attend this Nov.

However my last visa was b1/b2 which I have used once Dec 2015, I used same visa for birthing Aug 2016 notifying both the Lagos and Abuja my intent for birthing. Declared at point of entry and was checked and advised to pay all bills as still was mentioned in both letters from Lagos and Abuja. I came back with all my zero balance receipt.

My passport has long overdue with no notification of delay.

Kindly advice the next step to follow.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hello Awesome85 -

Your mother should tell the truth. We take any misrepresentation in a visa application seriously, but especially when it relates to a claimed family relationship. Your mother should not claim that her grand-daughter is her daughter lest she be viewed as a child smuggler.

LagosNIV
Awesome85:
Greetings to all NL. Happy weekend to us all.. Pls, l need an advice here... My mother will be traveling to the United States this November on a visit visa to see my sister... She want to apply for a visa for my daughter... My mom has a valid visa. The question is? What should she say the girl is to her... Her daughter or granddaughter ? Looking at possibilities of the child getting a visa. My mom is 56yr...my daughter is 9yr ...thanks for your quick response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sherilycious: 11:27pm On Oct 30, 2017
I just did change of name cos i am now married. And so the new passport is virgin. But my old passport that has my old name has visas in it. Can i attach the two passports together when going for my interview??
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JECU: 12:15am On Oct 31, 2017
Pls help.can I use my visiting visa to go for delivery.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wolebs0007(m): 7:40am On Oct 31, 2017
hello vo, does one pay visa fee for both both couple intending to travel together or just pay for the principal applicant. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jenyjay: 10:15am On Oct 31, 2017
Hello VO,
Please i have a constraint.My Hubby and I have been asked to schedule a follow up appointment post our drop box application.I went to my account and scheduled an appointment.That earliest date i saw was December 6th which i booked. We really would like to reschedule our appointment to an earlier date. My hubby can see from his profile "Next available appointment date" as November 7th.What is the guarantee that if we cancel my current appointment of Dec 6th and we book with my hubby's profile we would get an earlier date? and we do not need to pay the MRV fees again?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hi trovserg. This is a question best posed to customer service:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation

trovserg:
Good Evening, Pls my bro and wife booked an appointment with US embassy B1B2,only my bro could go in dey said d wife's appointment number was different she should rebook the appointment but we have been trying to rebook it it's not working. The husband's visa was approved but now we are unable to book her's we even paid another appointment fee in gt bank her persport number is referring us to previous appointment made. Pls wat do we do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello Khonvicted. This is a question best posed in our immigrant visa thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s

Khonvicted:
Dear VO,

I really appreciate your work for us on this forum.. It's a great job you're doing here ...

Good evening,
Please how long does it take for my documented approved petition from the US to get to Nigeria and will I be scheduled for an interview immediately it arrives?.. I'm an I r2 (petitioned by my dad, a US citizen )

Thanks, I'll be expecting your reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello MarieAnn2012. Contact customer service.
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation

MarieAnn2012:
Hello abujaniv lagosniv
Please kindly look in to this, I mistakenly put my old ds 160 confirmation number on booking appointment, and I have been trying to cancel and book again, I can't find the link since saturday. PLEASE HELP.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello jenny216. You may apply again whenever you like. However, if nothing has changed since the last interview, the result will likely be the same.

jenny216:
Good morning VO,
I and my husband applied for a B1,B2 visa on the 26th of this month and was denied . We were to travel dec 20th to celebrate our wedding anniversary and as well spend Xmas. Pls is it advisable to reapply immediately or wait for a while
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello priscai. It is likely you were called for a follow-up interview. In these cases, we use your e-mail and telephone number that you included in your application. If those details are not current, then it's impossible for us to contact you. Also, the act of "notifying" the Embassy/Consulate of a change in travel purpose is not a valid procedure. The only communication that matters and that we make record of is what you say in your applications and in person at the Embassy/Consulate and port of entry.

priscai:
Dear Vo,

I applied for Dropbox Renewal on 9th October with my boss, his passport been returned successfully with visa and mine is yet to come, have written mails the embassy and no one is ready to give reason why my passport is held this long and we have a conference to attend this Nov.

However my last visa was b1/b2 which I have used once Dec 2015, I used same visa for birthing Aug 2016 notifying both the Lagos and Abuja my intent for birthing. Declared at point of entry and was checked and advised to pay all bills as still was mentioned in both letters from Lagos and Abuja. I came back with all my zero balance receipt.

My passport has long overdue with no notification of delay.

Kindly advice the next step to follow.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello sherilycious. Yes, you may.

sherilycious:
I just did change of name cos i am now married. And so the new passport is virgin. But my old passport that has my old name has visas in it. Can i attach the two passports together when going for my interview??
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello JECU. I presume you mean to deliver a child. Medical and birth tourism is legal, provided the applicant is open about their intention at the Embassy/Consulate and port of entry and that they pay their bills in full.

JECU:
Pls help.can I use my visiting visa to go for delivery.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hi wolebs0007. All applicants must have their own application and have paid the visa fee.

wolebs0007:
hello vo, does one pay visa fee for both both couple intending to travel together or just pay for the principal applicant. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nobody09: 6:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
please i need your help. my ds 160 forms states that my husband will be travelling with me. but we just found out that he will be very buzy during my travel period and not be able to come with me. please what kind of mail should i send to the us embassy informing them of the change. so that it wont be a problem during my interview which is in few days.. thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by priscai(m): 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=61940822]Hello priscai. It is likely you were called for a follow-up interview. In these cases, we use your e-mail and telephone number that you included in your application. If those details are not current, then it's impossible for us to contact you. Also, the act of "notifying" the Embassy/Consulate of a change in travel purpose is not a valid procedure. The only communication that matters and that we make record of is what you say in your applications and in person at the Embassy/Consulate and port of entry.

Sir,

My information on contact remains same and has never changed. However, I was able to get the consular through phone and was directed to check the visa application status using ceac, checked with Application ID information said ISSUED last update 19th October still no response on return or notification.

Kindly update with mentioned ISSUED status.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.