Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818422 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anuoluwa222(f): 10:47am On Jan 09, 2018
Good day VO

I am asking this on behalf of my friend.
She has been working for a while before she entered university. Presently she is working and studying(dli)
Pls how will she indicate that he is still studying on her ds 160 form. She is in her finals
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Viola2017: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
Thanks for the reply, this is not an easy decision but doing the right thing is paramount.

quote author=LagosNIV post=62990122]Hello Viola2017 -

Our recommendation is to do as your husband is inclined. The only way to ensure that your intent to have a baby in the US is documented in your file is to appear at an interview and declare that intent. Your current visa is valid, and as you say, childbirth in the US is legal, even on a B1B2 visa. However, the ultimate decision of whether or not a foreigner is allowed in to the US is not made at our embassies or consulates. That decision is made by CBP at the Port of Entry. They do sometimes allow people to enter the US for childbirth in your circumstances, where the pregnancy arose after the visa interview. They also sometimes refuse those people entry, and then a heavily pregnant mother is forced to re-board a plane for another 12 hour flight back across the Atlantic. You have a much lower chance of being refused entry like that if you file a new application and declare your intent.

LagosNIV

[/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deejay024: 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hello VO,
I completed a DS-160 application last year before we realized my wife will be busy with work through the time we had planned our trip so we abandoned the visa application. We are planning a trip towards this summer and it seems I can't change anything on the DS-160 form and I need to change the date we planned to travel and the hotel reservation information I gave in my DS-160 application. How can I do this or do I just abandon the previous DS-160 application and start a new one? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mimi06(f): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
Good day friends. I want to appreciate all for the lovely trend. I intend travelling to the us but I want to know if one, my dad who is a consultant with a brewery gaint can be my sponsor as I am a self employed person. Two, can I use his financial document. I have also travlled to the uk and I am married. Kindly assist
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by emeprorgaozu: 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello please i need advice before proceeding with my application.

I just returned from the U.S on a J1 visa for a 3 month research project. I am a graduate student of microbiology studying in Germany. I am planning to apply for B1 visa 3 months after leaving the U.S to attend a 5days conference of the American society of microbiology to give a presentation of my paper that was accepted for publication. Meanwhile while i was in the U.S i obtained SSN because my visa type made me eligible to obtain it and i departed 1 day before the time i was given. I did not have any criminal offence or any immigration law violation in my last visit.My ties in Germany are my education and i also just got a research assistant job in my school. These are my questions

1. Is too early to apply for another category of visa 3 months after my departure, although i have good reason for my next application?

2.Hope my SSN will not have any negative effect on my application?

3. What does the chance look like?

4. Does it make sense to use self sponsorship ? my last visit was sponsored by my aunt in the U.S

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lextube: 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2018
Dear VO,

My cousin was recently banned for 5 years from entering Canada as a result of a misrepresentation he made in his application for a study permit ( He forgot to indicate that he was once denied a visa to US in 2013, thinking that the question was asking if he been denied visa to Canada).

My question is that can he still apply to visit America, without the ban in Canada affecting his chances of getting a visa?

Thank you very much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jaStar: 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2018
abujaniv:
Hello fxfx. In the situation you describe, the visa officer may have determined that your ties to the US (via the LPR wife and American citizen children) were stronger than your ties to Nigeria. Also, if you had previously not been open about your wife's status and presence in the US, that may have diminished your credibility.

Strictly out of curiosity and solely on the basis of the information supplied here, hasn’t thus applicant demonstrated (via 15 years of travel without abusing his Visa) a lack of immigrant intent despite his strong(er) ties to the US?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by OmoBendel24: 10:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
Seems the VOs @LagosNIV and @AbujaNIV are yet to come on board here this year 2018. To that extent it is my honor to say "Happy New Year 2018 to you sirs"!

Was wondering though, I have had three US B1/B2 on my previous International Passport which of course is expired now. I have a valid B1/B2 on my current passport via Dropbox from last year.... The first two of the previous visas were "Cancelled Without Prejudice" (which I presume is normal) and the next issued, but the last one on the previous passport wasn't cancelled even though it got renewed on the current valid passport.

Can I however be at rest believing this means nothing? The annotation too, the same number of asterisk (*) is what I have on all four visas, any significance attached to this? Thanks for your usual guide and clearing of air in measures unquantifiable.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Adewakeup1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2018
@LagosNIV, AbujaNIV

when i apply for NIV for my family, i did not know that i have to fill DS-160 for all family members, on interview date they said we have to go back and fill DS-160 for everyone, but someone said i can do mine and my family come back for theirs. so i went for the interview alone and was denied.
I think the reason was that i did not explain clearly that my family will come back for their interview and that im not going alone.

Now my question is can i pay for a new visa fee (Mine only, as its only me that was denied) and schedule another interview with my wife and kids using there existing MRV.

Also, i have read that it is advisable to wait 90 days after a denial or till when ties/condition as improved. in my case, can i reapply immediately or its better to wait for 90days as it was DS-160 filling error that caused my refusal.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TashaStPatrik: 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
hello @AbujaNIV
I applied for a Non - immigrant visa to the United States with my husband and baby. We scheduled an appointment for March 14th, but then changed it to 16th January 2018 ( this Tuesday) , However, due to unforseen circumstance, we are unable to attend our appointment. Please can i reschedule another appointment? If not, do we need a new MRV fee in order to fill a new DS-160 form and book a new appointment? Please i will appreciate your advice on this issue. What can i do please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ntp11(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hello,
@Lagos Nov

I'm asking this question on behalf of my cousin. He currently has a valid B1/B2 visa. He intends to visit the US on holiday in April with his wife and two children who has no visa yet.

Will he be allowed to come in to the embassy with his family for their interview and answer any question that may be required since he will be the one sponsoring the trip?

What do you advise ?

I await your response.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by auroraborealis: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hello VO @LagosNIV, @AbujaNIV

Many thanks for your support on this thread.

I am interested in attending a particular trade conference in the US this October, what category of US Visa should I apply for?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by spicy007(f): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hello @LAgos NIV

I traveled with my first US visa sometime in 2014. Before it expired, i applied for another one using Dropbox in August 2016, with a plan to travel
in 2017. I was granted a new 2 - year multiple entry visa. Now my visa is going to expire in August 2018 and i have not yet been able to use it due to so many activities i had going on - marriage, change of jobs, change of address and new projects i had to do. The plan is to travel for 3 weeks by June 30 (about 7 weeks before expiry), but it is not yet concrete.

Question 1: If i do not travel, will it hurt my chances of getting another visa?
Question 2: The US visa is on my expired passport, my renewed passport however still has my maiden name and that's valid till 2022. Will that be an issue at POE or on re-application?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by GrammarCheck: 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hello VO.
Great job.

My sister in law is a US LPR, via visa lottery and lives in US. Her husband was also an LPR but he preferred to live in Nigeria with their 3 children.

Her husband passed suddenly and she is in Nigeria for the funeral.

Her children were born in Nigeria. Now she wants to return to US with the kids (the oldest is about 7yrs old). Filing for them may take a while and she has no one trustworthy to take care of the kids. They lived with their father while she visited often.

What emergency NIV visa category can she apply for to get her kids to return to US with her. We saw there used to be a V category but it has been abolished kind of.

We are at our wits end here and I felt the best option is to contact you here to assist is with the correct visa category.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mrsmithkay(m): 3:24am On Jan 22, 2018
Hello Lagos NIV,
My first visa application was rejected, and i have reapplied for the 2nd one.
For my second application i intend using a new I-20 from another school altogether.

Do i need to pay another SEVIS fee?
Because my SEVIS fee receipt is reading the SEVIS ID CODE on my Old I-20.

Warm regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zigalo(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2018
Dear VO,

I currently have a valid US visa on my Nigerian passport. however there is an error with my date of birth on my current passport which I am in the process of correcting same with the Nigerian Immigration Service.

Kindly advise how I can transfer my current visa to the new passport once the changes have been effected.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hello VO, pls I want to apply for h2b visa that will grant me access to skilled and unskilled job opportunities in U S but found out that I will have to fill petition form and an employer should also get me temporariy labor certification, pls which other visa can I apply that can grant me access to job opportunities in u.s. And how can I go about this application. thks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mrsmithkay(m): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
Thanks for the info. I made the transfer request , waiting for the request
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JahProv1214: 3:55am On Jan 25, 2018
Hello VO,

I have B1/B2 visa and my Wife with my 2 kids also have. We applied for my New born baby and our (House Help) and I was ask to provide more documents and which I provided it the same day.

I will like to know how long does it take for the Embassy to revert with decision as my Daughter is just 3 months old.

I track the Visa and the response was Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate.

I'm worried.

Thanks

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ameera2018(f): 11:17am On Jan 25, 2018
Good day AbujaNIV and LagosNIV,

My Dad is a permanent resident (Green card) in the US and will be eligible to apply for citizenship this year. As soon as he gets his citizenship he plans to file an immigration petition for my siblings and i to come over to the US and get our own green card. I however have had 3 B1/B2 visa on my 4th one now and i have no intention of settling in the US i enjoy visiting and returning back to Nigeria.

My question is, given that the above filing process may take up to 10 years can in the space of the years while my petition is waiting to be reviewed continue to apply for my B1/B2 tourist visa? or i wont be able to visit the US till my petition is reviewed.

Kindly advice
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Iyaboonibipe: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hello Sir/Ma

I applied for a visa renewal via dropbox and issued 221g for a follow up interview. What doni expect at the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by glamm: 7:33am On Jan 26, 2018
Dear NIV,
You are doing beautiful work here. Pls I want to confirm if this address is case sensitive ;
LagosNIV@state.gov
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by spin101: 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
OTAYMK:
@LagosNIV.
I applied/submitted my passport for renewal of B1/B2 visa via drop box at DHL on Dec 14. It's already 11 business days and I'm yet to receive info to pick up my passport. The status has changed from "being at the embassy/consulate" to "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" What does this mean?

Secondly, I applied for a visa for my mum for a visit/holiday. According to the info on the website, she will need a Tourism visa which is B2 as against B1/B2 since she's retired. Is this correct? If it's not, will I have to re-book her for a B1/B2? Her interview is on Jan 25.

I intend taking her with me on my next trip.

Please how many days in total did it take for your visa to be reissued?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AdammaUSA504(f): 3:28am On Feb 09, 2018
Good Evening,

My k1 Visa was approved, but sent to the wrong Embassy which was Accra, today we sent a request to LAGOS hoping it to be transferred will they extend our visa expiration date? it expires 4/28 , On average how long does a case transfer takes for a K1 visa? from Embassy within the same country, secondly how will I obtain the new case number? will it be sent to us or should be keep emailing to find out? we are just wanting to know a time-frame to make travel arrangement.. thanks for all you do

thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Iamzizilicious: 11:24am On Feb 09, 2018
Dear VO,

Kindly advise how best it is to apply for my newborn about 3months old baby US visa. I, hubby and toddler son have current B1/B2 visas. Will dtopbox be appropriate?

Cheers
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
mrsmithkay:
Hello Lagos NIV,
My first visa application was rejected, and i have reapplied for the 2nd one.
For my second application i intend using a new I-20 from another school altogether.

Do i need to pay another SEVIS fee?
Because my SEVIS fee receipt is reading the SEVIS ID CODE on my Old I-20.

Warm regards,
Hello mrsmithkay –

SEVIS fees are valid for 365 calendar days from the date they are paid. You may transfer a SEVIS registration from one school to another if you have decided to switch schools. So long as your prior SEVIS fee was paid fewer than 365 days ago, you do not need to pay another. If your prior visa application was refused, you will, however, need to pay an additional MRV fee for a new application.

LagosNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ameera2018:
Good day AbujaNIV and LagosNIV,

My Dad is a permanent resident (Green card) in the US and will be eligible to apply for citizenship this year. As soon as he gets his citizenship he plans to file an immigration petition for my siblings and i to come over to the US and get our own green card. I however have had 3 B1/B2 visa on my 4th one now and i have no intention of settling in the US i enjoy visiting and returning back to Nigeria.

My question is, given that the above filing process may take up to 10 years can in the space of the years while my petition is waiting to be reviewed continue to apply for my B1/B2 tourist visa? or i wont be able to visit the US till my petition is reviewed.

Kindly advice

Hello Ameera2018 –

We cannot comment on the chances of visa approval in individual cases in this forum. The key question Consular Officers are trying to answer at each interview is whether or not the applicant intends to return to his or her country at the conclusion of the specific trip they have planned. If we are convinced that you intend to use a non-immigrant visa correctly, even if you have an immigrant visa petition pending, then the non-immigrant visa can be approved.

LagosNIV

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.