Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818452 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 09, 2018
Iyaboonibipe:
Hello Sir/Ma

I applied for a visa renewal via dropbox and issued 221g for a follow up interview. What doni expect at the interview.
Hello Iyaboonibipe –

We call in dropbox applicants for interviews when there is something about the application which we need to investigate further. We also call in a number of dropbox applicants randomly. Just like first time applicants, you should expect to be questioned about your intended travel and about anything on your application. Consular Officers may also ask any other questions they determine to be necessary to ascertain whether or not an applicant’s planned travel is consistent with US law.

LagosNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
Greetings and Happy New Month -

We have had an ongoing internal discussion about the most effective way to answer the questions posed on Nairaland. For now, we anticipate that we will be able to continue to do so. Please note, that we will no longer be monitoring or answering questions in any threads other than those below. For all future questions you wish to direct to the Consular Officers at our Embassy in Abuja or at our Consulate in Lagos, please use the following threads:

For questions about immigrant visas, please see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s

For questions about non-immigrant visas, including B1/B2 visas, please see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening

For questions about student visas (F, M, or J) please see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1

Please note that we will continue to adhere to a few ground rules. These threads were created so that we can provide accurate information about (1) US visa policy and (2) US visa application procedures, and dispel the many myths that seem to arise about our laws. We will answer questions relating to those topics. We will not answer questions about your individual cases, nor offer advice as to what the “chances” are that your application will be approved. We will not offer advice as to how to present your application. We will not answer abusive or insulting posts. Please post your questions in the appropriate thread, as questions posted in the wrong thread will not be answered. We will not reply to private messages, please post your questions in these threads. Questions about the status of individual cases can be sent to ConsularAbuja@state.gov or to LagosNIV@state.gov. These email addresses are not case sensitive. Thank you for your interest in visiting the United States, and we look forward to answering your questions.

LagosNIV

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by toayofo: 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good day LagosNV

I just stumbled on this thread but I have really learnt a lot!I need some guidance please
I want to apply for my wife and son (11 yrs) for a two week visit this summer. So I need confirmation that I got the steps right
1. Pay for visa fees for both (separate ,2 receipts)
2. Complete separate DS-160 for both, but we fill my son’s form first so we then attach his form to my wife’s at the end?
3. In the DS-160, I am a bit confused how we upload passport photo since we cannot snap from mobile phone, do we just scan the passport photo then resize it with the online tool?
4. For appointment confirmation - will it be 2 or1 appointment confirmation printed.
5. Finally, my son’s passport expires in July (less than 6 months) can we apply with this passport but get a new passport for the summer trip
Would appreciate detailed response and any other helpful info in case I missed anything. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AdammaUSA504(f): 3:10am On Feb 10, 2018
AdammaUSA504:
Good Evening,

My k1 Visa was approved, but sent to the wrong Embassy which was Accra, today we sent a request to LAGOS hoping it to be transferred will they extend our visa expiration date? it expires 4/28 , On average how long does a case transfer takes for a K1 visa? from Embassy within the same country, secondly how will I obtain the new case number? will it be sent to us or should be keep emailing to find out? we are just wanting to know a time-frame to make travel arrangement.. thanks for all you do

thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AdammaUSA504(f): 3:16am On Feb 10, 2018
Greetings on average how long does it take for a case transfer between embassies? Also will they extended the visa ? To accommodate the time it takes to transfer. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by allhavesinned: 7:34am On Feb 11, 2018
LagosNIV

I need help as I cant retrieve my confirmation page with my Application ID but cab retrieve my wife and sons cofirmation page. Anytime I try to retieve mine there will be a pop up message " no matching found" . What could be the problem as I want to renew my B1/B2 visa and we were issued visa same day as family.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by allhavesinned: 7:35am On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=LagosNIV post=64916995]Greetings and Happy New Month -

We have had an ongoing internal discussion about the most effective way to answer the questions posed on Nairaland. For now, we anticipate that we will be able to continue to do so. Please note, that we will no longer be monitoring or answering questions in any threads other than those below. For all future questions you wish to direct to the Consular Officers at our Embassy in

LagosNIV

I need help as I cant retrieve my confirmation page with my Application ID but cab retrieve my wife and sons cofirmation page. Anytime I try to retieve mine there will be a pop up message " no matching found" . What could be the problem as I want to renew my B1/B2 visa and we were issued visa same day as family.

(Modify) (
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ntp11(m): 11:00am On Feb 14, 2018
Hello,
@Lagos NIV

I'm asking this question on behalf of my cousin. He currently has a valid B1/B2 visa. He intends to visit the US on holiday in April with his wife and two children who have no visa yet.

Will he be allowed to come into the embassy with his family for their interview and answer any question that may be required since he will be the one sponsoring the trip? Or can he just give the family a copy of his visa to show the VO that they will be traveling together?

What do you advise?

I await your response.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Damolaskynov: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hello Lagos/Abuja NIV

Happy Val day wishes. I need a little clarification. My B1/B2 visa expires in April and I intend to make a 1 week return trip in March. I had previously entered and exited the United States over a year ago without issues.

Kindly confirm if it's OK to do so. I was stamped in for 6 months on my initial visit and that had expired a long time ago
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by phermzy: 12:37am On Feb 15, 2018
LagosNIV:
Greetings and Happy New Month -

We have had an ongoing internal discussion about the most effective way to answer the questions posed on Nairaland. For now, we anticipate that we will be able to continue to do so. Please note, that we will no longer be monitoring or answering questions in any threads other than those below. For all future questions you wish to direct to the Consular Officers at our Embassy in Abuja or at our Consulate in Lagos, please use the following threads:

For questions about immigrant visas, please see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s

For questions about non-immigrant visas, including B1/B2 visas, please see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening

For questions about student visas (F, M, or J) please see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1

Please note that we will continue to adhere to a few ground rules. These threads were created so that we can provide accurate information about (1) US visa policy and (2) US visa application procedures, and dispel the many myths that seem to arise about our laws. We will answer questions relating to those topics. We will not answer questions about your individual cases, nor offer advice as to what the “chances” are that your application will be approved. We will not offer advice as to how to present your application. We will not answer abusive or insulting posts. Please post your questions in the appropriate thread, as questions posted in the wrong thread will not be answered. We will not reply to private messages, please post your questions in these threads. Questions about the status of individual cases can be sent to ConsularAbuja@state.gov or to LagosNIV@state.gov. These email addresses are not case sensitive. Thank you for your interest in visiting the United States, and we look forward to answering your questions.

LagosNIV
Hello AbujaNIV, i applied for a B1/B2 visa in January, i intended to visit Dallas for my annual leave at work, which is in April, i was not given under section 214b, i would like to know if i should go ahead and reapply as i sincerely want to visit for vacation purposes. I applied alone simply because the kids would be in svhool when i am ready to go and my wife would be with them. Kindly advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by travelclub: 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello,

My sister got married 2015 to someone in U.S, he filed
For papers for her, but he knew she wasn’t really in love with him. Lucky/Unfortunately, their application went through in January and she got her immigrant visa. Sadly, she still can’t imagine spending her life with him and has refused to go since then.
The guy is now very upset and has blocked and all of us even after buying her ticket.

We don’t want to do things the wrong way. She doesn’t want to go and has asked how we can go about it. Do we have to write to the embassy to avoid any issue just Incase she decides to apply for a normal visiting visa.

Kindly assist.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
Greetings Nairaland -

Do you have questions regarding non-immigrant visas? It’s one day to go for our Facebook live event where consular officers of the U.S. Consulate General Lagos will be live on Facebook to answer any questions related to non-immigrant visas. Please join us Wednesday, February 21, at 2:00pm WAT

https://www.facebook.com/usembassynigeria/

If you can't make it live, please check out the videos section of our Facebook page, where the video from this session will be available for future viewing. You can also see the videos from our prior Facebook live events.

LagosNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hello phermzy -

We cannot give you advice as to whether or not you should reapply. Please consider the following answer about section 214(b) from our FAQ at ustraveldocs.com/ng

Q.22 Is a denial under Section 214(B) permanent?
No. The consular officer will reconsider a case if an applicant can show further convincing evidence of ties outside the United States. Unfortunately, some applicants will not qualify for a nonimmigrant visa, regardless of how many times they reapply, until their personal, professional, and financial circumstances change considerably.

An applicant refused under Section 214(b) should review carefully their situation and realistically evaluate their ties. They may write down on paper what qualifying ties they think they have which may not have been evaluated at the time of their interview with the consular officer. Also, if they have been refused, they should review what documents were submitted for the consul to consider. Applicants refused visas under section 214(b) may reapply for a visa. When they do, they will have to show further evidence of their ties or how their circumstances have changed since the time of the original application. It may help to answer the following questions before reapplying: (1) Did I explain my situation accurately? (2) Did the consular officer overlook something? (3) Is there any additional information I can present to establish my residence and strong ties abroad?

Applicants should also bear in mind that they will be charged a nonrefundable application fee each time they apply for a visa, regardless of whether a visa is issued.

phermzy:

Hello AbujaNIV, i applied for a B1/B2 visa in January, i intended to visit Dallas for my annual leave at work, which is in April, i was not given under section 214b, i would like to know if i should go ahead and reapply as i sincerely want to visit for vacation purposes. I applied alone simply because the kids would be in svhool when i am ready to go and my wife would be with them. Kindly advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hello npt11 -

Minor children may be accompanied by 1 adult. If your cousin’s wife will be accompanying the children, then he will most likely not be permitted to enter the Consulate with them. Many applicants do bring their family members’ passports containing valid visas with them, or a photocopy of the visa or biodata page of the passport. With any of these we can verify the validity of the visa in our systems.

LagosNIV

ntp11:
I'm asking this question on behalf of my cousin. He currently has a valid B1/B2 visa. He intends to visit the US on holiday in April with his wife and two children who have no visa yet.

Will he be allowed to come into the embassy with his family for their interview and answer any question that may be required since he will be the one sponsoring the trip? Or can he just give the family a copy of his visa to show the VO that they will be traveling together?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hello Damolaskynov -

The validity period of a visa determines the period during which the visa holder can go to a US port of entry and request admission. CBP officers at the port of entry determine how long the individual is permitted to stay in the US. If you arrive in March with a visa that expires in April, your visa will be valid.

LagosNIV

Damolaskynov:
Hello Lagos/Abuja NIV

Happy Val day wishes. I need a little clarification. My B1/B2 visa expires in April and I intend to make a 1 week return trip in March. I had previously entered and exited the United States over a year ago without issues.

Kindly confirm if it's OK to do so. I was stamped in for 6 months on my initial visit and that had expired a long time ago
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hello travelclub -

A K1 fiance visa is only valid for cases in which the beneficiary intends to marry the applicant within 90 days of arrival in the US. If the engagement has been called off, she should notify us that she no longer intends to marry the petitioner. I would also recommend she bring her passport containing the visa in to the Consulate so that we may physically cancel the visa.

LagosNIV

travelclub:
Hello,

My sister got married 2015 to someone in U.S, he filed
For papers for her, but he knew she wasn’t really in love with him. Lucky/Unfortunately, their application went through in January and she got her immigrant visa. Sadly, she still can’t imagine spending her life with him and has refused to go since then.
The guy is now very upset and has blocked and all of us even after buying her ticket.

We don’t want to do things the wrong way. She doesn’t want to go and has asked how we can go about it. Do we have to write to the embassy to avoid any issue just Incase she decides to apply for a normal visiting visa.

Kindly assist.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by grandy20: 9:53am On Feb 21, 2018
Good day Sir and Job well done.

My boss is schedule for B-visa interview next week. He had traveled to South Africa with his old passport and which he indicated in his DS160 form but the issue now is that he could not find his old passport which carries the South Africa visa, though he has the soft copy of the visa.
my question is can he attend the interview without the old passport or should he fill a new form and declare it missing in the form?

your quick response will be highly appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ewa2014: 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hello @Abujaniv and @lagosniv

If an application is placed under administrative processing, can an applicant request his passport back from the embassy and typically how long will that take...

Especially if the applicant applied for b2 visa and needs to travel to another country while administrative processing is on going.

Your kind response will be appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mezele: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hello @lagosNIV,

I would like to travel to the US for medical purposes in May, and stay for 4 months. however my visa expires at the end of May. Do you advise that I apply for another visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Naomi98: 1:05am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello AbujaNIV and LagosNIV

I am a B1/B2 category visa holder. I have always had a US visa since 10 years now. I will be traveling to the US in April and needs to go with my 17 yr old child. Should I go to the interview with her or does she go alone but with details of my visa. If she goes Alone,what the chances that she would be issued a visa.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
Yes. Please email lagosniv@state.gov if your application is pending in Lagos or consularabuja@state.gov if your application is pending in Abuja.

LagosNIV

ewa2014:
Hello @Abujaniv and @lagosniv

If an application is placed under administrative processing, can an applicant request his passport back from the embassy and typically how long will that take...

Especially if the applicant applied for b2 visa and needs to travel to another country while administrative processing is on going.

Your kind response will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by toayofo: 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hello LagosNV

Thank you for your responses on this platform
My question is that my son's (11 yrs old) passport expires in July this year and I want to apply for a US visa for him in march against summer .Should i get him a new passport or can i apply using this passport but get a new passport when the passport expires so he travels with both passports?

Your response will be highly appreciated.Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bluemington: 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hello AbujaNIV,
I applied for a b1/b2 visa renewal under the Dropbox program. This is my second time of using the dropbox. My passport was returned with a letter stating I should schedule a follow up interview. I have been trying to do this on the CGI portal and it doesn't pull up any interview date. My application was submitted on the 12th of January 2018. The letter I received did not request any additional document but only ticked that I need to speak with a consular officer. How do I schedule an interview date? My passport has been returned to me. Does this technically mean a visa denial? My NIV status still shows administrative processing.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mikkyphp(m): 1:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hello AbujaNIV / LagosNIV

I have already filled out the DS 160 form for my wife but I am wondering why it doesn't have the option of previous work / travel. It only asks the present and the next page is already security background. I was wondering if I have missed something that that page does not show up. And I have been backtracking my application here and there but even the educational background has not been asked as well. I cannot proceed unless I am sure its not important anymore. May you help me? Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.