Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (822411 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Truth4Ever: 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello everyone,
I am new here and would love if I can get some suggestions on my situation.
I have a valid us visa since last year but have not been able to travel due to work and other things.
Last month I got a job and have to leave my current job but I won't start on my new job till next year Feb.
I have decided to go and rest for 2 months in us. My concern now is, if I buy ticket for two months, won't I have issue at Poe as I told the VO that I was traveling for vacation last year July but couldn't go because of work load.
God bless you all for all your concern for others
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
ashala:
please i require clarification on this inquiry. What of in a situation where i am issued a 2 year American visa and due to some circumstances was not able to visit the States within/throughout the 2 years till the visa expires. Would that have any negative effect on my chances of getting the visa renewed?

Hello ashala,

You are not required to travel on your US visa.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
afembaba:
Thanks for the responce.but can we reapply so that my wife can let me hav peace.i can only travel at year end.if I miss taking her out out on vacation this time it's gonna be till 2016yr end. So is it adviceable to just reapply even without changes?

Hello afembaba,

"Can" you? Yes. But as LagosNIV pointed out, unless your circumstances have changed, it is unlikely the adjudication outcome will. We aren't running a gambling hall nor do we offer visa advice. You must use your best judgement.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
holybimbo:
Dear, I have a 2years visa and I intend traveling to d Us in December during the festive period for 3 weeks trip. It's a family visa but my kids would b with my parents for the Xmas and new year break, my hubby has a tight schedule cos he's into entertainment. I need to no if I wouldn't have any issue at poe since I'm going alone. Thnks.

Hello holybimbo,

We don't run the ports of entry! Be ready to explain your situation and decision at the time of travel.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
Truth4Ever:
Hello everyone,
I am new here and would love if I can get some suggestions on my situation.
I have a valid us visa since last year but have not been able to travel due to work and other things.
Last month I got a job and have to leave my current job but I won't start on my new job till next year Feb.
I have decided to go and rest for 2 months in us. My concern now is, if I buy ticket for two months, won't I have issue at Poe as I told the VO that I was traveling for vacation last year July but couldn't go because of work load.
God bless you all for all your concern for others

Hello truth4ever,

Once more, we don't run the POEs. We would advise you to be able to explain the situation, but not traveling as you told the consular officer you would is often noted.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mwuese24: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
hello Abuja Niv,my husband and i and our 2 sons had our appointment on the 3rd november and were asked to pick up our visas 2 days later,we picked up 3 passports but my husband's was not there,it keeps saying his passport is still with the embassy,to the best of our knowledge there is no admonistrative process going on because he was not told so by the VO and has not been contacted by the embassy about any such process going on,when we check the status of the visa,it says it has been issued since the 5th of november,we have sent several mails but nothing yet. pls what could be causing this delay,who else do we contact so we can at least know something?
abujaniv:

Hello truth4ever,

Once more, we don't run the POEs. We would advise you to be able to explain the situation, but not traveling as you told the consular officer you would is often noted.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Underdogg(m): 6:42am On Nov 10, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello Underdogg,

Extended questioning would not, but if you're still unsure and you meet all the other requirements, go ahead and submit via dropbox and we will call you in for an interview if we see anything that needs to be discussed in person.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Hi Abuja NIV Team,
So we submitted our passports via dropbox for renewal and about a week later the status online changed to 'Administrative processing'.
I received a call for my wife and I to come for interview on any Monday or Wednesday within one year.
How do I get further appointment details for this invitation? Is it that we just show up there with my DS160 confirmation printout? Or do we have to set up a proper appointment?
Also, does the consular office shut down for Christmas break? If yes, what is the last working day in December?

Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:03am On Nov 10, 2015
Underdogg:

Hi Abuja NIV Team,
So we submitted our passports via dropbox for renewal and about a week later the status online changed to 'Administrative processing'.
I received a call for my wife and I to come for interview on any Monday or Wednesday within one year.
How do I get further appointment details for this invitation? Is it that we just show up there with my DS160 confirmation printout? Or do we have to set up a proper appointment?
Also, does the consular office shut down for Christmas break? If yes, what is the last working day in December?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Underdogg,

You do not need to bring anything with you unless directed otherwise. Just come in on the days directed. We are closed on Friday, December 25th and Friday, January 1st but otherwise open per normal business hours.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2015
mwuese24:
hello Abuja Niv,my husband and i and our 2 sons had our appointment on the 3rd november and were asked to pick up our visas 2 days later,we picked up 3 passports but my husband's was not there,it keeps saying his passport is still with the embassy,to the best of our knowledge there is no admonistrative process going on because he was not told so by the VO and has not been contacted by the embassy about any such process going on,when we check the status of the visa,it says it has been issued since the 5th of november,we have sent several mails but nothing yet. pls what could be causing this delay,who else do we contact so we can at least know something?

Hello mwuese24,

You should reach out to the Embassy to talk about the specifics of your case: ConsularAbuja@state.gov

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mwuese24: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
Thank you ,shortly afer i sent this we got a mail asking him to come pick up his passport,we have since done so and gone ahead with our christmas travel arrangements.
abujaniv:

Hello mwuese24,

You should reach out to the Embassy to talk about the specifics of your case: ConsularAbuja@state.gov

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fideco: 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
Thanks VO for your answer!

What are the required details if the 20years old girl is to be sponsored by her father?
When they (She and the Cousin Brother) go for interview, will they go together with for the interview or they will go separately?
abujaniv:

Hello Fideco,

If your situation has changed since your visa was issued, it is always best to be honest and forthright once you get to the port of entry. Admission into the US is actually the jurisdiction of our colleagues at Customs and Border Protection. For more information, here is their link http://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors#

For tourism, B1/B2 would be the visa class. And again, families are more than welcome to apply together.

Regards,

Abuja NIV Team

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:38am On Nov 12, 2015
fideco:

What are the required details if the 20years old girl is to be sponsored by her father?
When they (She and the Cousin Brother) go for interview, will they go together with for the interview or they will go separately?

Hello fideco,

I'm not sure what you're asking. We only allow blood relatives to interview together at the window.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by maryomoh123: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2015
Hello, I am about to renew my US visa by drop box and want to travel with my 5 years old grandson. Do I include his documents with mine or he has to appear at the embassy? Thanks and God bless you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:16am On Nov 12, 2015
maryomoh123:
Hello, I am about to renew my US visa by drop box and want to travel with my 5 years old grandson. Do I include his documents with mine or he has to appear at the embassy? Thanks and God bless you.

Hello maryomoh123,

If he hasn't received a visa before, he will need to attend a visa interview with his guardian.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fionawench: 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello VO,
I paid an agent for an America visa and he used impersonation method, we were three he applied for, two of us were granted the visa but one was caught and then the embassy wants the other two of us to return to the embassy with our visa for further questions. I understand I might be arrested if I go back to the embassy, and I don't want that to happen or rather get banned at the embassy.
Please what do I do to withdraw my application and re-apply.
Please need your assistance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
fionawench:
Hello VO,
I paid an agent for an America visa and he used impersonation method, we were three he applied for, two of us were granted the visa but one was caught and then the embassy wants the other two of us to return to the embassy with our visa for further questions. I understand I might be arrested if I go back to the embassy, and I don't want that to happen or rather get banned at the embassy.
Please what do I do to withdraw my application and re-apply.
Please need your assistance.

Hello fionawench,

You have permanently damaged your credibility with the US Embassy. Lying on your application can lead to a ban from ever receiving a US visa. There is no withdrawing applications. You swore that your application was the truth. You were being dishonest. There is no remedy for your choice. If you used criminal channels to bolster your application, legal action might be in order.

Whether or not you appear at the Embassy, these marks will remain on your name/fingerprints for life. Why would we ever trust your integrity again when it has been so thoroughly undermined by your actions? By appearing at the Embassy, there's at least a chance for an open and honest conversation and possibility of gaining back some respect from our side which could open the door for a fresh set of eyes in the future. If you do not show up, you stand to worsen your reputation and further dim the likelihood of receiving visas.

As a reminder to applicants: we take fraud very seriously.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zeya: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello abujaniv,

Please I'm trying to apply for a visa I saved it so that I can come back and retrieve the application. But once I login the application ID for retrieval, it brings out the security questions which I answer correctly but it tells me all do not match. I tried applying a fresh one and saved it only for me to get same response upon retrieval.

Please how can I retrieve my application?. What am I not doing right?. Please bear in Mind I answer all security questions correctly.

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by emwye(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
Morning VO,
I think i have to properly explain the situation

Starting out at my company, i worked with my Optional Practical Training (OPT) for about 14 months before my H1b was applied for. They applied for that in April of 2013, it got approved that month, however the H1-b status did not kick in until October of 2013. That period between when i was approved and could start using the H1-b is called the cap gap extension. In that period you can work but are advised against leaving the country since there's no valid visa on your passport. Now, i'm trying to find out if the same applies since my Visa (not status) expires in December 2015 and my Status expires in March 2016. My status will be renewed again in April of 2016. Will i still not be able to leave the country until October 2016 when i get a visa from an embassy outside the US. I ask because technically there's no Cap Gap extension in this case as OPT does not apply. I'm hoping this is not the case as I'd rather not be stuck.

I hope this is a better explanation.
LagosNIV:

I don't understand the question.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Africlegend: 8:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello VO
The last time I went for an interview at the US embassy,I was asked to make a finger print after the interview, does that mean I've been banned from entering?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by altruist3: 12:53am On Nov 13, 2015
Hello VO,

First of all, thanks for helping out many US aspirants with this forum.

A year ago, Me(H-1B) and my wife(H-4) have both decided to pursue higher education separately and hence filed change of status(COS) to F-1 accordingly to USCIS while we both were on valid statuses i.e. me filed for H1-B to F-1 status and my wife filed for H-4 to F-1 status.

Note: My H-1B status ended after 20 days of us filing the COS applications to USCIS.

After waiting for 9+ months, my wife's COS application was DENIED stating that - the Principal Applicant(i.e. me) was out of status when she filed her COS application and which is not correct because my COS application was APPROVED by USCIS and I was never out of status.

In her denial letter, it was stated that - my wife has to leave the country immediately since she has accumulated illegal stay for more than 180 days - which isn't her fault as the decision came after 9+ months.

Then we, hired an immigration attorney and filed for Motion to reconsider(MTR) her application with USCIS in a timely manner.
After filing MTR application, she left the country voluntarily. We are stilling waiting for her MTR application response.

So my questions are,
1. Is she eligible for attending a visa interview as a F-2(dependent visa) in her home country since I have my F-1 status approved?
2. Will she get a fair chance before the VO to prove herself that she was never out of status?
3. Or will she be banned from attending any visa in future?
4. What documents does she have to take with her in case they let her for the interview?

Please advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fideco: 5:34am On Nov 13, 2015
fideco:

Hello fideco,

I'm not sure what you're asking. We only allow blood relatives to interview together at the window.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

I use to think cousins are Blood Relatives since share some percentage of their genes. Are you saying as cousins they can't go together to the interview window?

Are there any documents that needs to be provided since the 20years old applicant will be sponsor by her father for the trip?

Hope my question are a little bit clear this time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by xpress101(m): 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello Abuja VOs,

I planned to apply for short visit. But i'm a contract staff with a construction firm in ibadan. just need a direction of how to go about the employer information, pension etc.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
zeya:
Hello abujaniv,

Please I'm trying to apply for a visa I saved it so that I can come back and retrieve the application. But once I login the application ID for retrieval, it brings out the security questions which I answer correctly but it tells me all do not match. I tried applying a fresh one and saved it only for me to get same response upon retrieval.

Please how can I retrieve my application?. What am I not doing right?. Please bear in Mind I answer all security questions correctly.

Thank you in anticipation.

Hello zeya,

Please contact the website's helpline.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by moyems(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello VO Lagos,

i am having issues logging into my DS 160 to complete the application for myself and my family. I already got a date with the DS 160 confirmation number that i have, but unfortunately i cant log in to complete the forms because the system keeps rejecting out our date of birth and surname.
Kindly guide me on how to go about this problem. Our appointment date is for December 1st.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Africlegend: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
Africlegend:
Hello VO
The last time I went for an interview at the US embassy,I was asked to make a finger print after the interview, does that mean I've been banned from entering?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 14, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2015
Africlegend:
Hello VO

Hello africlegend,

Unless they told you were banned, you weren't.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2015
altruist3:
Hello VO,

First of all, thanks for helping out many US aspirants with this forum.

A year ago, Me(H-1B) and my wife(H-4) have both decided to pursue higher education separately and hence filed change of status(COS) to F-1 accordingly to USCIS while we both were on valid statuses i.e. me filed for H1-B to F-1 status and my wife filed for H-4 to F-1 status.

Note: My H-1B status ended after 20 days of us filing the COS applications to USCIS.

After waiting for 9+ months, my wife's COS application was DENIED stating that - the Principal Applicant(i.e. me) was out of status when she filed her COS application and which is not correct because my COS application was APPROVED by USCIS and I was never out of status.

In her denial letter, it was stated that - my wife has to leave the country immediately since she has accumulated illegal stay for more than 180 days - which isn't her fault as the decision came after 9+ months.

Then we, hired an immigration attorney and filed for Motion to reconsider(MTR) her application with USCIS in a timely manner.
After filing MTR application, she left the country voluntarily. We are stilling waiting for her MTR application response.

So my questions are,
1. Is she eligible for attending a visa interview as a F-2(dependent visa) in her home country since I have my F-1 status approved?
2. Will she get a fair chance before the VO to prove herself that she was never out of status?
3. Or will she be banned from attending any visa in future?
4. What documents does she have to take with her in case they let her for the interview?

Please advise.

Hello altruist3,

This sounds more like a USCIS issue than a consular matter.

1) If she was told that she had accumulated more than 180 days but less than 365 of unlawful presence in the US, she will have acquired a three year ban from entering the US.

2) At the discretion of the VO, a waiver can be requested.

3) Even if you have a permanent ineligibility, you can apply for visas. It is at the discretion of the VO to reinforce the hard ineligibility or request a waiver.

4) Passport, confirmation page, and, in her particular case, I would advise all of the documents regarding your circumstances.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:37am On Nov 14, 2015
xpress101:
Hello Abuja VOs,

I planned to apply for short visit. But i'm a contract staff with a construction firm in ibadan. just need a direction of how to go about the employer information, pension etc.

Thank you

Hello xpress101,

Fill in the application as clearly and honestly as possible.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:39am On Nov 14, 2015
moyems:
Hello VO Lagos,

i am having issues logging into my DS 160 to complete the application for myself and my family. I already got a date with the DS 160 confirmation number that i have, but unfortunately i cant log in to complete the forms because the system keeps rejecting out our date of birth and surname.
Kindly guide me on how to go about this problem. Our appointment date is for December 1st.

Thank you

Hello moyems,

Please contact the website's helpline.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.