Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! (16575 Views)

What Do You Tink Will Be The Scores Between Nigeria Vs France Today. / Ways Nigeria Can Beat Ivory Coast / Will Bafana Beat France Today? Considering The French Team Is In A Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by emiye(m): 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo:
the hurdle for nigeria...

first france

then germany

then brazil

.............smh embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Brazil will not survive the second south american derby. Rodriguez versus Neymar.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2014
drlawizle:

I will wire my salary into your account I swear!
Ok.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=vicenzo]

This your post would help explain why Costa rica are in the Quarterfinals,while Italy and England went home in disgrace,abi?

If Costa ricans had this your inferiority complex induced outlook, they would have been sent packing to San jose in the group stage.[/quote

Check out the way we played in our group stage & see who has inferiority complex. I'm for reality and not fantasy. Our team is clumsy.. Dependence on luck deprives you the opportunity of bringing out the best in you. Costa-rica played wonderful and not lucky football. Wake-up!!!
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Cubeet: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
Luck? Luck?.....@op, we also won the nations cup by luck?........why can't you guys win USA, Germany and Portugal by luck. Nothing like luck in football. if there is your juju man should have invoked luck to your team :p
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
T-val:

I am a witness.
Opeeee oooooo, I v a witness. Tnx hon kiss kiss kiss. We'll share d moni 2geda.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Forwetinnah: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
I don't think the problem will be SE not beating France, the major problem will be the referee. It's like these guys have a standing order to favour European teams, I can imagine unnecessary free kicks or shady penalties to help France. Whatever the case, the God of soccer will decide.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by chinchong: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
i will kill shekau if super eagle win againt france....quote me.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Rich4god(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ayoswit: i had revelation 2nite where Stephen Keshi was lying flat on d ground after a man inform of Stephen gerrard score fourth goal against SE. there was confusion & disarray in d defense of d SE. we nid to pray serious
SMH... Stephen Gerrard... Its more like confusion and disarray among the enemies of eagles...
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by odudueffiom(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
that was them this is naija.....and 2014 is our year of record breaking.... watch out
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Opeeee oooooo, I v a witness. Tnx hon kiss kiss kiss. We'll share d moni 2geda.

Not so fast..its not a bet if you gat nothing to offer.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by huhmuhyehmi(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
Even d camel say an france

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ikeyman00(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
@@@

drlawizle: 11:39am

Nigerians love luck sha..we can never best France so lets stop deceiving ourselves.. Football is not gamble.

and for fairness what happen when France lose?

i hold u on that

some black people are really monkeys u know; dnt blame white man
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by emiye(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
huhmuhyehmi: Even d camel say an france

Hurray !!!!, Anything this obviously thirsty camel says, the opposite occurs.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Systeme101: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ayoswit: i had revelation 2nite where Stephen Keshi was lying flat on d ground after a man inform of Stephen gerrard score fourth goal against SE. there was confusion & disarray in d defense of d SE. we nid to pray serious
when last did u treat malaria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by jude33084(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
hebex12: if nigeria no win 2nite,may hackers hack nairaland again

Bros please return that curse cheesy
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by singhabhishek25: 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
I hope so, Nigeria should also win this time.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Ehisnaruto(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
It is very possible, I believe Nigeria can overcome this hurdle
Go Super Eagles.... Go Keshia make us proud
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Tval(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
makkitush: i hate penalties.it causes heart attack.
Lolz,, we go win.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ogaju007(m): 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
vicenzo:

They are no Lucky draws in the world cup. If you do the necessary things,you qualify, Costa rica already proved that.

Ghana and CIV weren't good enough,they on paper had easier group than Costa rica, but they failed to do the necessary things and were rightly dumped out.

They should learn from their mistakes and stop trying to belittle someone else achievements

From fifa rankings,Nigeria was supposed to finish bottom of our group,as we were the lowest ranked team in the group,but we did the necessary things and qualified. It's as simple as that.

I hear you... hmmmn
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
ikeyman00: @@@

drlawizle: 11:39am

and for fairness what happen when France lose?

i hold u on that

some black people are really monkeys u know; dnt blame white man

And you will see who's a monkey between us after the match..you are the main problem of Nigeria..always hoping for the best while your leaders rape you sore..you won't understand I'm sure...its beyond your reasoning..
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo:

Ghana has no witch doctor

had it not been money issues, we would be playing belgium in the round of 16 and you know it ....even in our despair, we drew germany and could have easily beaten portugal cool
Unfortunately, what's the outcome?? you gat kicked out.
Just take a cheap bottle of coke and watch Super eagles kick France's butt.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by sicily4u: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nig fans, typical chelsea ogogoro fans
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by omoelu1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
The times we didn't make it to the quarter finals,tell me any good thing that has followed.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ammyammy: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
we must win. I bind and cast all curses laid on nigerian players.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ikeyman00(m): 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
@@@

And you will see who's a monkey between us after the match..you are the main problem of Nigeria..always hoping for the best while your leaders molest you sore..you won't understand I'm sure...its beyond your reasoning..

u are a fool; who told u we the Biafrans belong to the Zoo Nigeria

fix up abeg

Biafra Fc where there will be selection on merit can only win the world cup for us
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by pat077: 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
r u T.B JOSHUA'S wife?
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by justi4jesu(f): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
pat077: r u T.B JOSHUA'S wife?

Na only TB Joshua Wife dey dream ni...
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ndidibabe(f): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
ERCROSS: if D SUPER EAGLES shld win france today, which i believe we can.. then d germans shld fear us too cos we get better with every game..
i believe in the togetherness of this current squad and d tactics of the big boss...

LIVE BEYOND UR FEARS...
aim above ur expectations..
#teamsuperEagles
Which yeye big boss? Had we lose the Bosnia match which we obviously didn't deserve to win, will you still call him a big boss? The problem I have with most Nigeria football fans is that they follow football with too much sentiments and emotion. Last Football season, Arsenal started so well and many fans heaped praises on them that they will win the league. Any 'reasonable' follower of football will concur that the team was so poor and were lucky to be topping the league at the earlier stage of the season because of their easy fixtures. At the end, they still retained their regular champions league play- off position. Same can also be said of our present Super Eagle team. The fact that we lost to Argentina in a modest manner made so many people to suddenly believe that we have a fantastic Super Eagle that will beat France. Maybe we have forgotten how poor we were in our two matches before the Argentina's match. Based on our poor performances, Argentina having already qualified must have underrated us and did not played so well. I can recall that neither Aguero nor Messi played for the full ninety minutes. Messi, while on the pitch was a constant threat and could have scored one more goal if left on the pitch. However, many thanks to Enyema and Musa for not making Argentina to disgrace us. Truth is that we do not have a good team and we are still in Brazil due to luck and the easy group we find ourselves. Unlike the Argentina's match which was of less importance to the Argentines aside topping the table, today's match will be a tough one. I will bite my tongue if this our weak super eagles beat France.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by huhmuhyehmi(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
emiye:
Hurray !!!!, Anything this obviously thirsty camel says, the opposite occurs.
well, we shall see..it's just in few hours.. grin
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Elxandre(m): 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
You can win a champions league by luck, but not a world cup.
Nigeria could go through today though, but they will certainly crash out at last, because only super teams win world cups.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by omoagbeke(m): 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
Curses are meant to be broken, haters should go and........ Eagles all the way
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by dpclinks: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo:

please read my write-up again cool

Yes it appeares that the last commentator misunderstood u. The general idea is that African teams seem jinxed at quarter final stage. Never mind, even Germany is not unbeatable. But it will take a whole lot of determination to do that, plus the weather over there seems to be in our favour too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Luis Enrique Named New Spain Head Coach On 2-Year Deal / List Of 35 Nigerian Athletes For The Olympics 2016 / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.